All I want to know is how many of you are going to pick up a Switch Day One...

All I want to know is how many of you are going to pick up a Switch Day One. Because the rest of the world may love it or not, who cares? I want to know if Sup Forums will love it or not.

strawpoll.me/12134301
strawpoll.me/12134301
strawpoll.me/12134301

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like the overall idea (except paid online, I'm not happy about that; especially since they didn't make clear what you actually get out of it), but I wouldn't get it day 1 as I never get a system day 1. Your poll needs more choices to reflect this.

I will get one but I'm not a retard so I won't buy on launch. Nintendo overcharges on launch. I also own a WiiU so I can play BotW on that
I'll buy it this year if it gets a good sale/bundle around christmas

When splatoon comes out. Or maybe ARMS, can't decide yet

Yep, I'll play Zelda and Bomberman until more games come out in the coming months

This. Already just as many games im interested in as my ps4 and its day 1. I want bomberman

I'll pick it up when they announce Project Diva port.

>tfw all my normie friends are planning on pulling all nighters outside of gamestop
I'm atleast going to wait for Spla2n.

No Melee HD No buy

I won't be getting it. I only picked up a wii U when zelda was announced, I will be playing it on the wii U.
I wouldn't mind a decent 3d mario, and odysee looks ok but I'm not buying a switch for it.
Hopefully it will be on Wii U

I'll probably wait until Mario Kart or Splatoon 2 come out, unless it has N64 or GameCube VC or something.

enjoy your 480p 15fps graphics

See, this is the problem with Meleefags - they literally only want Melee, they don't ever ask for a direct sequel to Melee, just Melee HD - it ain't gunna happen.

How strong is the Switch anyways?

nope. made that mistake with the wii u. that system was a disaster in its first year.

it'd be dumb to ask for a sequel to melee because they will never make a melee style smash again. Their only hope is a remaster and even that is unlikely.

I dont even know why they want it, just keep playing melee

It's like a portable wiiu.

It probably will have Melee though. Gamecube virtual console is pretty much confirmed.

only a little stronger than Wii U.

Currently, the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild runs 720p 30fps (with some drops, such as during explosions); the Switch version runs 900p 30fps (with no drops whatsoever, able to handle large explosions with no issue) - there's also rumour that the Switch version is still having optimizations done to try and increase the resolution/framerate.

I'm picking up two on launch to flip on Craigslist

How much profit do you plan to make?

About 3x faster than the wii u.

Day one just because of Zelda, and Bomberman.
Remember that Puyo Puyo Tetris is getting localized, and if you buy a Switch, you should buy it too.
It's coming to PS4 also!

I'm just looking to sell during the launch scarcity to fully pay for my own switch so I won't be taking a loss if I don't like it. Did the same with the PS4

Why would anyone but fanboys get it day one? It has literally no exclusives (the minigames shit and bomberman?, whoever is even considering buying this already has a WiiU

Why wouldn't people wait until they start selling it packed with a single game at least or a better deal? You won't miss out on anything until Mario/Xenoblade/whatever gets released

Guess we'll find out how many fanboys there are on Sup Forums right now.

>Getting a Switch?
Most likely once the library pads itself out with released Switch exclusives. Not rebuying the WiiU library.

>Day 1
lol no. Even people planning to get it day 1 will miss out with the abysmally low available units. Early adopters are always screwed over.

I'll wait for Mario and play Zelda on my WiiU.

Ill wait till the holidays or after when it comes bundled with a game

it's pretty even

I'm guessing plenty since nintendo is the second biggest fanbase here

But I may be wrong in thinking they lwouldn't fall for shitty products just because its nintendo

It only does Zelda.
I'll try emulating and if it doesn't perform well I'll just wait unless I hear some really good reviews from people who don't fall for the hype.

New bomberman is cool but I can't imagine they've revolutionised it.

20 hour joycon battery life

i'll probably pick one up in a year or two if it's still relevant and has good third party support or exclusives with more on the way.

Not enough. What if I want to play longer than that?

im definitely getting a switch but not at release unless i get a instantaneous surge of money.

launch is only for people who dont have wii us or cemu to play botw. ill wait on it until it gets more games like mario oddysey which will be around black friday so i can get it for cheaper then.

even then all nintendo handhelds get new versions with improvements so i might wait on that too if i cant get it during the holidays

This. I'm also going to buy Snipperclips. Hopefully those NoA cunts don't keep it from me for too long.

No analog triggers = gamecube virtual console deconfirmed.

I hate Nintendo, why should I waste money on their hardware?

Not gonna get one at launch. The only launch title I'd be vaguely interested in is Zelda, which I'll probably just get for Wii U if I bother.

I was gonna get one for Mario Kart 8, but they didn't add any new tracks so I won't bother with that either.

I might get one for Splatoon 2 if people like it when it comes out, nbut if Nintendo's online servers continue to be shit despite being paid for now, I might have to pass again.

The new Mario is the only game I'd straight up buy the system for, but even that looked kinda empty in some bits of the trailer. Will hopefully still be good.

I'm getting mine when Splatoon 2 releases, which is only 3 months after [if the release period of the 1st game is anything to go by].

I want it badly, but I'm indifferent to Zelda, own Mario Kart 8 and wouldn't spend $60 on ARMS.

charge them up like you would any other controller?

thought i heard something about them being pressure sensitive though

Getting Zelda on the Wii U, so the only interesting game isn't coming out until summer/holidays. I might get the console once Xenoblade and Mario is out but I might wait and see what else will be announced for the system first.

Since you have to buy a separate charging port, it's safe to assume you can't play, and charge without it.
Same bullshit MS pulled with the Xbone, but at least I can change the batteries, and it's a half decent controller.

You wouldn't need to unless you wanted to play detached for more than 20 hours

I may pick one up at a later point but it won't be a day 1 purchase for me. I want to see a better library of games first.

I'm gonna get one day one and not update so I can wait for hacks and emulators/roms on it. It'd be the PERFECT gaming on the go handheld.

Read my post before that, what if I want to play longer?
I'm just shitposting, user. I think it's bullshit that you have to buy that charging grip separately, but it's not going to stop me from buying a Switch.

>but it's not going to stop me from buying a Switch.
The perfect Nintendo customer.

Yeah, I guess.
I bought a PS4, and a 1080 at their launch. Bought an Xbone last year.
What're you gonna do about it, faggot? I like video games, and will continue to buy things to play said video games on.

I am, preordered from Amazon.

I'll pick it up when Splatoon launches.

There are a lot more people getting them day one than I would've guessed. Ratio isn't too bad either.

>Switching batteries out constantly is preferable to paying $30 for muh 20+ gaming sessions

I'm going to wait. The only launch game I'm interested in is Zelda, and I'm too stubborn and indignant to play it on anything other than WiiU, the console I bought for Zelda, Bayonetta, Xenoblade and Rayman Legends.

has Zelda been cancelled on WiiU? if not, when are they releasing it?

if they're still making it for WiiU, I wont get a switch unless it gets some good non-nintendoy exclusive like bayonetta and TW101 for WiiU. if zelda wiiu is cancelled, i'll probably pick a switch up at christmas

Preordered day 1.

Still coming for WiiU

>Imbeciles are preordering a shitty tablet to play a Wii U port

Oh my, what's happening to humanity?

Will pokefags hope on if the next mainline pokemon is a switch exclusive?

I'm a huge Zelda faggot so you can bet your ass I'm getting the Switch Day 1.

Pre-ordered a neon and Zelda Master Edition

>wouldn't spend $60 on ARMS.

you don't even know anything about the game

Do you sleep?

> it's safe to assume you can't play

You can, just not on the TV. You'd have to switch to portable play.

Day 1 with Zelda

Well I don't have a wii u so I guess no zelda for me. :(

>caring what Sup Forums thinks
Not a lifestyle I recommend

>not caring about what games Sup Forums plays and talks about

I'll wait for the guaranteed Christmas Bundle.

Don't do it
I beg of you

time to communicate with you manchildren the only way you can understand

youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s

Your shitty edit didn't stop me from preordering.

I like it. I just hope you can have multiple rows and/or folders since I'll end up buying a decent amount of VC titles as always.

Well, I already pre-ordered three of them (one for my wife, one for me, and one for my wife's son), so add three to that list!

Confirmed that you can, similar to the 3ds menu

I'll pick up Zelda on the Wii U just to make it feel like less of a waste and pick up the dedicated console variant of the Switch which will inevitably arrive in future when there are a more games to justify the purchase.

I want Zelda
I want Mario Odyssey
I want the joycons
I just don't want portability

Source? I actually haven't heard that anywhere yet.

Would if I could have got it from best buy, got$200 in gift cards. Pre orders were it before I knew it was live.

Can I fit it into my jeans pocket? If no, then no buy. The 3DS XL I have currently can.

I doubt I will be able to find a source right now. It was one of those things I heard a couple places either during the treehouse/in a video or something. I know for a fact it came from official sources though

I really want it but the launch line up is fuck awful. No, I don't really care for Zedura.

If you take the joycons off, the tablet is roughly that size. You'll have to use two pockets.

I can't find a source, but I believe you. Mostly because it was something that the 3DS and Wii U had. I can't see them not putting it in.

>Sup Forums
>playing games

Sometimes you fags do.

I would pick one up day one but its sold out already everywhere in my area.