How did Ubisoft allow a good game to be made?

How did Ubisoft allow a good game to be made?

They make them all the time lad. Unity and Syndicate were weak, I enjoyed the other ACs especially for their setting, Siege is pure fun and For Honor looks promising too.
Empire will be made by the same guys that did Black Flag.

Dunno, currently there are companies around that deserve more hate from me.

Black Flag wasn't really that good. The sailing got really easy and repetitive, and they put collectibles FUCKING EVERYWHERE so it was just busywork.

>and they put collectibles FUCKING EVERYWHERE
Isn't that every AC game though

Black Flag wasn't good though. The sailing was fun at first, but became grindy and repetitive the more you progressed. Arguably the most uninspired mission design in the series. Literally every other mission was just tailing someone.

>For Honor
>wanting to play DUDE vikangz and kniggas and weebs lmao
literally dudebro tier

It was good, but it wasn't THAT good. Some mechanics aren't presented well such as the fleets, and while the open world/sea was neat it was 80% tedious collectables. The game progresses in a way that overwhelms the player with the overworld before the story can catch up

LEAVE HER JOHNNY LEAVE HER
FOR THE VOYAGE IS LONG AND THE WINDS DON'T BLOW
AND IT'S TIME FOR US TO LEAVE HER

Black Flag is the best AC game and it's still shit.

AC1 just had flags, AC2 only had 100 feathers. It started getting crazy in Brotherhood, but by the time IV rolled around they just went insane with it.

AC1 had flags, towers, and those crusader guys who were just standing around everywhere.

I completed everything in that game. I never touched the dlc's tho

The placement of the collectibles were really annoying though. Black Flag put them on little islands in the middle of the ocean, it would take like 45 seconds to get each of them.

How is pic related?
A friend of mine said that it's the best AC but I'm skeptical

A bit overrated on Sup Forums but very fun.

Shay is a bit of a doofus though.

Black Flag 1.5 but you play as a Templar.
They make some good gameplay changes, there's a few different maps and you get to hang out with Haytham.
Short but good.

It's a real fucking bummer that they don't ever take any risks for the series.

After so many games they actually have a good foundation of what makes an AC game but they don't do anything with it.

There are some rumours that the new ac is going to be a lot different, possibly influenced by how witcher 3 handled open world.

I am really curious if they can pull it off.

They didn't. They noticed like halfway through and did their best efforts to turn it to shit.

Hello.

agreed, weirdly overrated on here along with the metro series and spec ops: the line.

>spec ops: the line
It was shilled to hell and back upon release but now everyone agrees that it's mediocre as fuck

Literally the best AC game in the series.
That isn't saying much but this game is genuinely great.

Spec Ops is only highly rated by artfags.
>the gameplay is intentionally mediocre, it's making a statement!

>Unity is weak
>Siege is fun
>For Honor looks promising
how wrong can you be? do you even play video games?

Like if you mixed AC3 and AC4. The sailing in this game is improved but the seas are really lame. The gameplay is nice and the story is as bad as any other AC.

Everyone loves pirates, fuck assassins creed and everything about it. But pirates are fucking cool.

>Unity was weak
>one of few true nextgen games
>the only actual "assassin" assassins creed game since AC1
>improved the AC formula in every way

BUT DUDE MEMESXD
EZIO SO COOL LOL

>this piece of shit is the only decent looking pirate themed game to come out in the last decade

i just want a gorgeous looking pirate game with beautiful environments, believable water physics, and great ship combat.. and this is all there is right now.

You have shit taste if you like any of the AC games. Every single installment is a textbook of what NOT to do in a AAA game. Even the first two, the "best" two (other than BF) are filled with fucking horseshit. Ubisoft managed to kill my interest of open world games with those two, filled to the brim with bullshit and terrible gameplay.

I bought this from the Humble Bundle and it doesn't even work on modern rigs.

It has locked up on me no less than seven times

Now I have to wait till the PS4 version drops in price. Fucking ubisoft

It wasn't good, at fucking all.

Ship combat took two parts, one of which was entirely based on your ship stats and not skill so its was all about grinding and the second part was spamming the 5000 guns the game gave you to kill 18/18 on a ship

>Siege is pure fun and For Honor looks promising too.
You have fucking horrid taste

This isnt a shill thread like every other shitty ubisoft thread on Sup Forums, fuck off

AC1 was the only good AC game in the series because everything after that flew off the fucking rails into pure goddamn non-sense.
Patrice warned you faggots what was going to happen to AC.

I don't care what weapon they added, or some useless fucking flag they hid away at the top of a mountain that made the game 'better' after the first one.

Every assassination, every story, unraveling the plot, discovering Al Mualims plans. I played all the AC's, none of them will honestly top the feeling AC1 had.