Realistically, what does nintendo do now?

realistically, what does nintendo do now?

make money, say what you will about their unusual hardware - they managed to profit on all of it

The Switch sells like shit, multiplatforms are dropped, hardware revision, great first party and third party exclusives eventually makes it worth owning.

The usual.

Try again in 4 years

The switch makes billions and has tons of third party support and firmware updates to fix the bullshit and they put in free online after 1 year and they get Monhun and persona and bloodborne and scalebound

Motherfuckers even made money on the WiiU. Switch is going to have their full first-party support, it's going to be fine.

Sell the company to Disney.

I think it will sell fine and they'll continue doing this along with mobile games. If this turns into another Wii U, they'll have to make a big choice between turning fully towards mobile or trying to entirely remove any gimmicks from their consoles.

The Fucking WiiU give them a profit stop being melodramatic.

>they put in free online after 1 year
not happening

Bloodborne was financed by Sony so it will stay exclusive to Playstation, and free online will not happen.

What do you guys think is the realistic amount of games this thing needs to succeed? I think we all know 3rd party support will not be fantastic, so it will need to rely on its own games.

So far we know it will have:

>Zelda
>Mario
>Story of Seasons (Harvest Moon)
>Xenoblade

etc.

But how many games will it need? Will it need mountains of games if the games it does actually get are quality?

I'd be okay with a smaller pool of games so long as the majority of them were really worth playing.

>Sell the company to Disney.
More likely Apple

Put out ARMS soon so I can buy it.

Only exclusiveness don't work since the GC

option the film rights for all their franchises

they might stay above water with a zelda movie trilogy

Shoot you in the fucking skull. This is probably the 40th time you made this thread today

Make more paper mario games that dont follow what people liked about the first two.

Apologize

Bank on handheld sales to put out another trash gimmick "console" next gen, hopelessly trying to recapture the success of the Wii.

Keep making great games and building their online infrastructure and harvest their profits.

Most likely.
It's a wish that would go with Nintendo's principle of making IPs more accessible to newer players.
With the newest introduction to quick warping and making a traversing worldmap akin to Super Mario Bros, the Paper Mario series is one step closer to being an actual Super Mario Bros in paper-form.
The next possible step would be to get rid of Paper Mario's hammer, re-introduce Super Paper Mario's combat and include a Paper Mario & Luigi co-op mode. Of course using Joycons.

they only profit off hardware sales thanks to pirates

Kill the 3DS off and force people to buy a switch if they want a handheld.

This is the only thing they can and likely will do.

They won't need to force people, they'll just move the typical system sellers like MH and Pokemon to the Switch and end all other first party support.