>he's getting the inferior version

LMFAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dL_sB5e7ubk
youtube.com/watch?v=DLNYOJ6qXE8
youtube.com/watch?v=GgT6KpNnILc
youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFlmH_0CI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How is that even possible? Tell me the Switch version at least runs at 60fps or 1080p?

Switch seems to have better textures, LoD for far render distances, and a consistent framerate over the Wii U version. nice samefag though

Nope

WII U IS CONFIRMED DEFINITIVE EDITION

youtube.com/watch?v=dL_sB5e7ubk

>That pathetic contrast

But WAIT, there's MORE.

youtube.com/watch?v=DLNYOJ6qXE8

>Zelda definitely ran a lot smoother on the Wii U

Zelda U literally runs and looks better on the Wii U.

jesus christ!
can we get a JUST? eh?

youtube.com/watch?v=GgT6KpNnILc

Nintendo confirmed that the Switch version is 900p 30fps and the Wii U version is 720p 30fps.

I'm SHITPOSTING because random WORDS are capitalized!!! Nintendrones BTFO

Wii U looks better. It actually gets darkness and lighting right instead of the shitty HDR riddled Switch version that makes everything look like the Sun is right above Link

>several samefags in the thread
desperate.

Switch runs at a higher res
Switch runs better than Wii U even in portable mode
It just plain runs better
youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFlmH_0CI
Switch doesnt need a 3gb patch to run the game
Wii U looks better in one area of the game. Thats about it

...or the more logical conclusion is that the wii U footage is from a much older build.

The game is coming out in 2 months, the "switch" footage is merely the game after being optimized/scaled down to stability.

Willing to bet that the Wii U footage will look pretty much like the Switch version, if not worse.

You guys are forgetting that the Wii U has two render two screens, so thats more frames and resolution lost...its pretty much a guarantee that the switch version will look better.

fuck the switch version though, map/inventory management on the touchpad will probably make it a better experience

They literally just listed out the differences.

Both games are 30fps, Switch is 900p and WiiU is 720p. Switch has better sounds/audio.

>The version of BotW in the event was the wii u e3 demo version.
Nintendo employee's confirmed multiple times to multiple people it's going to be both.

are you blind? Everything out in that actual world is sharper and clearer, just look out to the horizon, its plain to see.

Haha holy shit Nintendo

Is this video legit? It's interesting that the reasons WiiU looks worse outdoors (muddled contrast, lack of details) is seen in the Switch indoors footage.

Anyone got the photo of the Dragon Quest Heroes comparison?

Whatever, i'll play on cemu, 4k 60 fps.

I'm ´playing it for free on my pc.

I seriously can't

I'm fucking done

this is way too lazy for nintendo

I'm going to buy a switch next year or never if they don't fix their shit but for now I'm cancelling my preorder

why would the sound be different though?

Basically the only advantage the Switch has over the WiiU is ram, it seems to be weaker in every other aspect.
Is this the first console in history to actually be worse than it's predecessor?

Switch uses a fucking tegra for graphics while the WiiU uses a actual graphics chip by AMD

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY SELLING A MOBILE

WHY THE FUCKING ARE THEY MAKING A CONSOLE WITH A MOBILE CHIP

WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO

Well it is a tablet

>Hand held console
>Runs console games
>Can play these games anywhere portable
>People still bitch

Wew. They should have just said this is the successor to the 3DS. Everyone would be freaking out over how powerful it is.

Well the point is that everything should be better on a newer console. Why get the new shit if it's inferior to the old shit?

yes

nintend does what every other console developer with a brain dont!

nintendo are geniuses!

Exactly.

If they said it's our new handheld you can also play on the TV people would be happier. Well if it was a little cheaper that is.

>PS4 is cheaper than the switch AND more powerful
>the former has a bunch of 3rd party support, even if there's a lack of AAA excl usives but the later will likely almost have no games at all other than like 10 AAA throughout its lifetime entirely, 3rd party or not
Only like 10 retail games were released for the Wii U last year. Hopefully the Switch's mediocrity can be saved by a lot of good games and doesn't follow in the steps of the wii u

Samefagg

The point is now all the 3DS devs will develop on the Switch too together with the Wii U devs.

That will increase the software line up by itself.

why are you replying to yourself?

reminder that botw is a shitty port job

it's the gamecube version of twilight princess all over again

Preordered my switch day 1, feelsgoodman.

That is probably true. I wouldn't get a Switch for that if you have a Wii U. It should be more for people that don't have one.

>successor to 3DS
>costs more than any console currently on the market
That cunning plan seems to have some holes in it.

>>Zelda definitely ran a lot smoother on the Wii U
DF literally disproved this

>This new phone is more expensive than everything else currently on the market!
>This new car is more expensive than everything else currently on the market!
>This new...

I would ask if you people are just pretending to be retarded, but you niggers aren't pretending any more.

Who am I going to trust?

The people with analytical tools who confirmed it's locked 30fps for Switch while the WiiU version was 18-22fps for long stretches, or two people who "feel like" it run better on WiiU

>>Zelda definitely ran a lot smoother on the Wii U
>Zelda U literally runs and looks better on the Wii U.
He's referring to the gyro aiming m8

I bet the Wii U version has been finished for a good 6 months now and they didn't try to polish it anymore at all and just focused on the Switch port

You know it doesn't even before you posted this, i'm sure all these threads about BotW is 20 people circle jerking pretending to be impressed

WiiU version is inferior

OP IS A FAGGOT

>"inferior"
>only shows the indoors footage for comparison

It's too bad that when you're actually outdoors, which is where the majority of the game will be played, the Switch version is literally twice as good-looking with much less bullshit fog and much better draw distance.

Stay cucked because you didn't get to those preorders in time though.

Delete this right now or I'm going to have to write a formal complaint to this website's administrator. This is vile, malicious negative-marketing in an attempt to cause financial damage to Nintendo.

I repeat, delete this.

This both looks like absolute ass, nintendo really dropped the ball

What the fuck are you on about. Switch has a fucking shitty haze that blurs the shit indoors.

Have you actually watched the video.

The lightning and clarity on the WiiU version is much more superior than the switch.

I'm very glad I hacked my WiiU yesterday.

I would have prefered a TP HD look too.
Just with higher polygon models

Vidya handhelds aren't useful high-end hardware, retard. Good luck trying to convince people to pay 300 bucks (or more outside Murrica) plus online subscription to play games that don't look much different compared to the shit they already have on their phones and tablets.

Jesus christ triggered i am i am triggered. Go look a damn graphics comparison on youtube, the switch is obviously better.

Hasnt it long been confirmed that the Switch being handheld means weaker specs than the Wii U?

>Games about dungeons with 100+ mini dungeons
>HAHA YOU'LL SPEND MORE TIME OUTSIDE I SWEAR

You're a fucking retard.

The WiiU version of BOTW has volumetric fog.
Where the switch seems to be missing it.

Reminder that any difference in colours here should be disregarded because the Wii U footage is from half a year ago.

It may look better or worse on Wii U today, there's no way to know.

Nice cherrypicking by the way - conveniently leaving out the part where the Wii U version had far more fog in the open world areas.

>Have you actually watched the video

Yes. Have you? Did you actually watch the part at the end where Switch BTFOs Wii U the moment Link runs to the cliffside?

It's alright buddy, you'll get to play the definitive version eventually.

>WHY THE FUCKING ARE THEY MAKING A CONSOLE WITH A MOBILE CHIP
They made a handheld with a mobile chip, idiot.

>muh volumetric fog

This argument is fucking hilarious every time I hear it. Listen to yourselves, you faggots are actually DEFENDING the fact that you can't see shit in the Wii U version compared to Switch.

>being surprised

TP was the very same thing. Developed for the old console, "oh shit we need actual games for this new one too, better port it".
At least this time there's no tacked-on waggle.

>Gwaphics
If you think I'm picking up a Wii U just to play the new Zelda then you are mistaken.

The video proves you fucking wrong lmao.
You can't see fuck all on the switch unless it's a clear day.

>Is this the first console in history to actually be worse than it's predecessor?
The Wii was weaker than the gamecube.

>The video proves you fucking wrong lmao

No it doesn't. It just shows more fog in the chamber, meanwhile there's LESS fog in the overworld.

The lighting effects seem to be better in the Wii U version but it doesn't really make up for the garbage draw distance.

But that isn't true. They were practically the same machine with the Wii having slightly more RAM
By the way I can't believe you made me defend Nintendo for once, all of their decisions for the last 15 years have been dogshit retarded

They both have garbage draw distance you fucking mongol.

The videos prove the WiiU version is way more advanced. Given the 720p 30fps of course but what this is showing me is the switch isn't powerful at all. Probably less powerful than the WiiU

>Spending more money for a weaker product
Genius!

fug, the video legitimately points out places where the Switch version is missing entire effects and lighting and where you can see whats through a door in the next room on Wii U but on the Switch it's just fog - fucking bad Nintendo...

Wrong, Switch is way more powerful

750GFLOPS FP32, 1.5 TFLOPS FP16

WiiU's garbage 300GFLOPS GPU can't even hope to compete

>They both have garbage draw distance you fucking mongol

Not an argument, retard. The Switch version objectively has much better draw distance than the Wii U one and that's all there is to it. Literally every comparison video blatantly shows this.

If you prefer the superior lighting effects that's one thing, but you pretending that the Wii U version is better in every regard is just you damage-controlling over the fact that you didn't preorder a Switch (or maybe you couldn't afford one) and now it's too late.

You're both retarded.

Say it with me again:

WII U FOOTAGE IS FROM HALF A YEAR AGO.

The game has likely been optimized since then to have worse lighting so the draw distance can be better, which will be the case on both consoles.

yeah the second Gamespot video does say that the Switch version had big drops when he was playing and also bad when aiming the gyro whereas it was a lot more stable on the Wii U and the girl says the Switch had major texture pop in.... any other sources?

No one knows the specs till someone cracks one open.

It's using a custom X1 chip.
The X1 chip as a whole didn't even compare to the WiiU.

Stopped reading at Not an argument.

>I don't care about graphics

I'm aware of that, but my argument operates on the assumption that the Wii U version WILL look like what it did in the demo. I'm not necessarily jumping to that conclusion though.

WiiU is garbage

GPU is from R600/R700 generation, it doesn't support advanced rendering features and it's certainly worse in every aspect

Tegra has advanced memory compression and uses its memory bandwidth way more efficiently than any AYYMD HOUSEFIRES garbage GPU

Yes but the WiiU version is honestly looking better than the switch right now.

Though we won't know till both come out and we can do proper comparisons.

>Stopped reading at Not an argument.

Cool, more damage control.

You and I both know you read that whole post, realized how fucking stupid you sound and immediately regressed to "lol didn't read" because you don't have a rebuttal.

>sonygger doesnt understand the thread
Wow such a rare sight

yea you're right I'd rather play 720p than 900p

>Yes but the WiiU version is honestly looking better than the switch right now.

It's honestly not. We see a bit more fog indoors but once Link goes outside the superiority of the Switch version is like night and day.

I explicitly don't give a FUCK about graphics

If I gave a FUCK about graphics, i'd fucking play on PC

However, I care about selection of titles by Japanese developers and actual enjoyable gameplay instead of gameplay loops with shiny effects

When will nintendo catch up graphic wise?

just an fyi for people buying the switch version be aware that it does still drop on DOF and Alpha (fire) effects hitting thre screen, pic reltd

ITT: poor NEETs trying to buff their egos because they dont have enough money to experience these eyebrows through the superior medium.

>This new Toyota is more expensive than every other Mercedez or Porsche on the market!

It honestly is.
Both versions will have the exact same draw distance anyways. The WiiU version also has better lighting and fog.

Heck some of the lights on the Switch version don't even come through where on WiiU it does.

Don't mind him, he is just going to pirate it anyway.

>But that isn't true. They were practically the same machine with the Wii having slightly more RAM
Turns out you're right.
I guess I was thinking of the gamecube compared to PS2 and Xbox

When they release a console that you can't fit in your backpack...

Low tier shitposting. Clearly, you aren't Australian.

Lets not forget the Switch version is missing shadows.

>he's getting the Switch on launch
>he's getting 2 games

>mfw playing the Cemu version in 4k and 60fps

Do you have a version of this image that isn't downscaled?

>Left. Light coming through the holes and shadows
>Right. No light

Switch is going to be fucking shit isnt it.

>Both versions will have the exact same draw distance anyways

No they don't and this has been demonstrated on countless occasions.

>The WiiU version also has better lighting and fog

The Wii U version has better lighting and that's it. Saying "volumetric fog" like a broken record doesn't change the fact that it's obscuring more of the landscape than the Switch version does. It also doesn't change the fact that the textures in the Switch version are blatantly superior.

Your screenshot doesn't help your case.

are we sure its not just a full downgrade for both?

The left is more beautiful than the right because they actually put effort into the style rather than try to copy real life as close as possible.

Nope just from the youtube video.

Here's dragon quest heroes.