Why haven't you hacked your Wii U yet? Don't you want free games straight from Nintendo's servers?

Why haven't you hacked your Wii U yet? Don't you want free games straight from Nintendo's servers?

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhGuPxJ_7na-HU31dn-s14YV_wh3aGbfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seems like an awful lot of work compared to Loadiine.
I'll pass for now.

I don't pirate games because I'm not mentally challenged

What's the difference between redNAND and Mocha CFW? What about Haxchi and Coldboot Haxchi?

What is Loadiine and Saviine?

What is loadiine and what are the risk of doing it ?

can it play gamecube games?

Loadiine isn't even a real mod, it's just a browser exploit that lets you play Wii U, and other games off an SD card.
I've been playing through Strange Journey with it, and it's a lot nicer than using a DS emulator.
Not sure if all Wii U games work, but #FE and Puyo Puyo Tetris both work nicely.

Loadline is just another way to load games this time through the SD card rather than the usb or even system memory if you install on the memory

it is more difficult to setup but the chances of bricking your shit while installing and setting it all up is very small and you need to be a complete dumbass to get your shit bricked installing loadline
not yet

You have to buy a 7 dollar ds game to use haxchi

I just bought a refurbished Wii U. Will I be able to install homebrew with (presumably) the latest firmware?

Haxchi lets you install homebrew launcher to your Wii U home menu so it doesn't have to run through loadiine. Don't install coldboot, its unstable and will probably brick your system.
RedNAND is basically the same thing as Haxchi but it runs everything off of your SD card instead of your Wii U, so its safer if anything goes wrong. Its hard to mess up though, I know nothing about computers and did it in a couple of hours yesterday.
Loadiine is outdated, but basically it is the same thing run through the browser. Don't bother with it. Saviine is to bring over your Loadiine save data, so don't mess with it either.
You can hack your vWii (Wii mode) and put Nintendont on it, which lets you play GC games off of your SD card.
gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/
Just follow the "vWii hacking" step in the guide posted in the OP first.

You can put homebrew on vwii to play gamecube.

Yes, having the latest firmware is fine. Nintendo hasn't updated the Wii U in over a year.

Also reminder that you can play online with games downloaded from UtikDownloadhelper without worrying about getting banned. I think you can get DLC too, but I haven't tried it with any games myself yet. And Haxchi lets you install games that aren't from your region. Just be sure to boot up Haxchi every time before launching those games.

Too bad all the good games arent playable with haxchi
Seriously the compatibility is shit

okay ill bite, got a wii u, doesnt do shit.

So what do I do now user? Please tell me its easy and wont fuck up my wii u

>Please tell me its easy
It's not.
>and wont fuck up my wii u
It can if you mess up.

>github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
>1) Blocking Updates From Nintendo

but I want to play online multiplayer games, fag

Just follow the guide in the OP. Its basically just downloading files from Github, putting them on an SD card, putting the card in your Wii U, and then it install its on your console. If you're really worried about it you can just use the redNAND method and run everything off of your SD card, that way if something messes up it just fucks up the card not your system. But like I said above I barely know anything about computers and shit and I hacked mine yesterday in a couple of hours. Its easy as hell.
If you want to watch a video of it I found these helpful:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhGuPxJ_7na-HU31dn-s14YV_wh3aGbfA
The only thing to remember is DON'T install Coldboot. That will brick your Wii U. Just go slow and read everything in the guide carefully and your Wii U will be fine.
Also if you want to install Haxchi and the homebrew launcher on your Wii U you'll need to legally own a certain DS VC game legally. The cheapest one is $7. If you don't want to spend it you'll need to run the kernel exploit everytime. Personally I think its worth it to have your games installed on your Wii U/HDD though
You still can. You just can't access the eShop. But you wont need to.
And to be honest Wii U hasn't been updated in over a year, so Nintendo might just be done with system updates altogether.

I don't have or plan to get a Wii U.

Anyone here actually done this stuff? I have questions.

I'm on the older version of Rednand. How do I update to the region free version? Can I replace the old fw.img of rednand with the new fw.img of rednand?

Also, can we install custom content yet? I rather not use loadiine but I would like to play subbed games instead of the butchered NoA versions.

I've done it. What are your questions

I followed this guide a couple days ago, got the homebrew channel, got the mocha cfw and the utik downloader shit. Everything went perfect no complaints and then as I scrolled through the game list I realize I already bought every worthwhile wii u game and have no need to pirate until zelda comes out. So I guess I'm waiting till march.

>which lets you play GC games off of your SD card.
What controllers does this support?

Like, I want to play GC games on my Wii-U, but I don't have a classic controller.

Do i need to be on a certain firmware to do this?

Generally I prefer to pay for goods and services.

That's pretty much how my experience was. I've mostly been downloading VC games.

You can be on the latest firmware.

the latest one is good. It will most likely get an update before zelda comes out, so be quick if you want one

How big of an SD card should I use for this thing?

If you use redNAND you'll need a 16 GB one for White Wii U or a 64 GB one for Black Wii U. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

I only hacked the vWii because I don't have an external HDD yet so I'm playing Wii/GC games from a flash drive. Hopefully BoTW will be playable on loadiine.
Just finished Mario Galaxy, don't want to play the sequel yet. Should I try Skyward Sword?

There's lots of Wii games you could play that are better than Skyward Sword. Have you tried No More Heroes or Sin and Punishment 2?

what games have you downloaded?

I am getting NMH as we speak.
For Sin and Punishment I'd also like to try the first onve, but I read that installing VC/Wiiware games on vWii works differently and may brick the system so I'm hesitant about trying wad managers out.

Advance Wars Dual Strike, Super Paper Mario, Guacamelee, Fast Racing Neo, Kirby Mass Attack, and Donkey Kong 64. Like some others have said, I had bough pretty much all of the Wii U games worth playing when this stuff came out.

Wtf, what about Splatoon, Smash Bros, and Bayonetta? Can the big ones be downloaded?

I had the physical versions of those already but yeah they can be downloaded.

So whats the best way to go about this? Loadiine, Haxchi redNAND?

Before this thread is archived, any advice you wanna give?

There is this one method where you download games directly from the nintendo servers with the NUSGrabber. Is there any way this could fuck you up later on? It seems to be fine with freeshop on 3ds.

Is there a way to do this on a USB? Or is this SD card only?
I have a 64GB USB and would rather not go out to get a new SD if I don't need to.

Why will no one fucking answer this

Haxchi if you want to install to your Wii U or an HDD, redNAND or Mocha CFW if you want to do it from your SD card. You need to legally own a DS game from the list in the OP guide to run Haxchi though.
Just go slow, read everything carefully and watch a few youtube videos on it. And don't install coldboot.
I haven't used that method so I couldn't say.
Its SD card only.

Can I play online with pirate DLC yet?

Because yer a faggot that can't google nintendont to read the forum thread that explains what controllers you can use.

It support gc controllers, not just nintendo ones any chinese knocoffs, even the adapter can be non offical.
It also supports any HID usb controller, like stuff made by logitech, genius, etc.
If you don't have any of those, you can even use a wiimote+nunchuk, though you have to emulate stuff like the c stick and z trigger with motion controls.

You can use the Wii U GC adapter if you have it

What does the color have to do with it?

whites have 8 GB internal memory, blacks have 32 GB internal memory

Shit, totally forgot that the black version was the "premium" one. Thanks.

but I want to play gamecube games on the gamepad

You can't.

>it is more difficult to setup
Seriously?
Loadiine is literally copying and pasting a folder.

How simple is this other method?

Thanks user.

Hold on, the latest firmware is 5.5.1, and 5.5.1 is also listed under Exploitable Firmware.

Does that mean I can update my Wii U RIGHT NOW to the latest firmware and be able to hack it to play any game I want?

Yep, it works on the latest firmware. In fact I think it works best if you have the latest firmware.

So where did you get your games from? How do you install them? I'm about to install Haxchi. I don't know what to do next.

How much capacity does my SD card needs to have?

Read the thread faggot. The people helping dont want to repeat the same answers over and over.

Should I wait till zelda comes out and then wait for the inevitable update then?

Utikdownloadhelper is where you get them from, its a tool that downloads the files to your computer. There's a link in the guide from the OP.
for redNAND method its 8 GB for white models and 16 GB for black models, for any other method it doesn't matter.

First of all, thanks a lot for helping me out here. But I have another question.

Is the uTikDownloadHelper safe? I mean you download directly from nintendos servers right? Is there a way of them finding out and taking legal action?

Also, how long does it take until a game is available from there? I want to play the new zelda as soon as it comes out.

no.
there's an app that dump the disc ticket, so once someone has the disc and is willing to dump the ticket you will be able to download it, probably the same day or even before

No problem user. From my experience its been completely safe. There's no way of Nintendo knowing since the games are downloaded from their own servers so they're "legit" for all intents and purposes.

Looks like too much hassle for the very few titles I would try that I haven't bought already.

With the "no", you mean its not safe? Or that there's no way of them finding out? Sorry for asking so much, I just want to get this clear once.

Thanks a lot.

>pay for something you can get for free
>not mentally challenged

? ? ?

Besides Smash, Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors what other Wii U games have dlc?

Fast Racing Neo and Pikmin 3 are all I can think of

What if prison finds out?

Not dlc, but xenoblade x has data packs you can download

i don't think there's a way they find out, never heard of anyone being banned

>Not hacking your wii u and vwii to have wii u games, wii games, gamecube games, and SNES and NES and every other emulator.

The wii u pays for itself.