Hey Sup Forums

hey Sup Forums

i need a new gaming headset.
i always had gaming headsets for like 15-30€ and they where kinda ok...
then i bought one for 65€ but i couldn't wear it more than 1 hour, because it was not comfortable/ears startet to hurt after like 1 hour...

right now i have one for 25€ and I'm happy with it.
it's kinda loose, so it will fall off, if i look down, but i can play with it for like 6 hours in a row without problem, so thats ok...

but everyone keeps saying i need a fucking expensive one, because i will be able to hear shit, I've never heard before, and there is a really big fucking difference, between cheap stuff and a good expensive one.

i will mostly use it for music and singleplayer games, so i don't really need a mic, but it's ok if it has one... (mic quality is not important)
I'm looking for a good one for like 100-160€, with nice sound, and comfy.
preferably wired...
any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01LDTRJG4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Get circumaural headphones, then never post here again.

Bump

:^)

bump

what do you faggots use?

This incredible piece of shit.

140€...
how is it? are you happy with it?

Sennheiser HD 558 modded to accept a 2.5mm-to-3.5mm adapter so I can use a V-Moda Boompro with it.

amazon.com/dp/B01LDTRJG4

That's almost the exact same thing, for basically the same price I paid to frankenstein my set together. Except I then further modded mine with Brainwavz earpads, but that won't be necessary since the stock Sennheiser ones are already tremendously comfortable.

Note that those are just headphones. If you need a mic, they're compatible with the BoomPro, but that will of course cost extra.

Please
D
O
N
T

Buy a regular pair of headphones, microphone hanger and a cheap-ass microphone.
Gamer headphones are shite, m8, just trust me on this shit, it's a complete waste of money.
But if you insist, the best ones i had were the siberia elite prism, shit's comfortable and pretty good.

They come on sale pretty often; I managed to snag a pair for $60.

They're amazing headphones for their price. I'd definitely recommend them over a pair of HD558s, but for gaming, there are much better headphones out there; just not at their price.

>Buy a regular pair of headphones... and a cheap-ass microphone.
But there are a few gaming headsets that are literally this. See and also the Hyper X Cloud.

Sennheiser GSP 300
pretty good mic but muffled highs

I prefer my Sony MDR-7506 for games that don't require interaction with others

>closed Sennheisers
I've spotted the problem.

Just ordered the Corsair VOID 7.1 Surround
Hope it's gonna be nice

yeah they're known to sound like that, I knew what I was getting into
I had the chance to get a condenser mic on cyber monday but didn't have the extra cash for a soundboard

>Surround
garbage

why?

Not the same user, but manufacturers implement surround drivers or software on headphones instead of sound quality. And the idea isn't as good as it seems because in practice, you just wind up with software that muddles the sound, or a bunch of tiny drivers that can't stand up to a pair of 40 or 50mm drivers. Open-back stereo headphones can do just as good a job at wide, positionally-accurate audio, and a pair with good drivers will do it better just based on having better sound, usually at a comparable price to software surround or lower price than a physical 7.1 pair. The whole concept doesn't work in practice and is essentially snake oil.

ok, thanks

bump

you messed up user. sorry.

buy headphones and a stand alone mic
if youre retarded buy hyper x clouds
if youre super retarded buy any other headset