How did Sony convince 53 million people to buy this?

How did Sony convince 53 million people to buy this?

By giving publishers money in order to convince screw over the people that purchased a different vidya system, by never releasing their vidya for other systems.

it has games

By offering them games.

I'm like 40 € away of buying one right now

Bloodborne
It's a fucking amazing game and convinced me to buy a Bloodborne machine with no regrets

Games?

Such as?

Soon...

>exclusives
>third party support
>game sharing

How else are people to play FIFA, COD and GTA with friends?

Do you think a publisher, who is looking to make the most money possible off of their video game, is going to release their game on one single system in order to accomplish that? They're limiting their audience. If they released it on as many platforms as possible, their audience would be as large as possible, and they would sell as many copies as possible.

But instead they just limit their game to one system because...?

games

>>exclusives
Bloodborne
The Last of Us
Uncharted
Have I missed anything?

Sony has some genius marketing guys.

What games?

Because consumers and people in general see the PS as a cool machine, a well stablished lovemark, and Sony is perceived as the less jew gaming side, Nintendo being Apple and Microsoft being...well...Microsoft.

The majority of exclusive games.

By not being the Xbox One

a lot.

You mean 1st parties?

New Sup Forums banner when?

>its another exclusives are bad when when the conversation is about sony episode

Netflix box

No, hence "the majority" and not "all".

Go meme somewhere else retard

Sony funds a lot of games. They give the developers relative freedom compared to other publishers. In exchange, they demand exclusives.

The one of those exclusives is decent. The rest are shit.

All exclusives are bad for the consumer. The end result is that they don't get to play all the games they want to play unless they shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars each generation on being an idort.

Sonic boom

Bayonetta 2

Xenoblade chronicles

Oh wait, didn't work out

Meanwhile there's like 1 paid exclusive on playstation

Zombi U

Sonic lost world

Wonderful 101

Microsoft blew it early on and at the time Nintendo just had the shit ass Wii U out so they were basically not even in the competition. Easy win for Sony. Xbox seems fine now but these things snowball and I can't see it catching up to the PS4. No idea how things will turn out when the next iteration of these consoles are out. It may even out as some stick with what they're comfortable with and just get the stronger version of the console and others might switch to the other if they're unhappy with what they chose the first time around.

All of them

Sony didn't convince anyone. Memes did.

>2 of them arent even out
>shit

Same here, I got an uncharted bundle slim for $200 after Christmas, only played bloodborne so far

Video games barring stupid memes
Entertainment box

Trusted brand(Playstation)
Cheap

Games.

I can only think of that bloodborne game

Though I don't own a PS4

MEMES

But the guy with the butt curtain is exactly right.

>bad for the consumer
You do realize corporations don't care, and want you to buy their product over their competitors by any means necessary right?

How about you faggots just save up and buy all the current consoles? Save yourself a little bit of heartache and enjoy all the games.

Early marketing between them and the Xbone, Sony won by not being mentally retarded and hinting at DRM and such before releasing the console.

Sadly it's selling on the 'dudebro' games and its exclusives aren't selling as well, except for Uncharted 4 which gets most of its sales from being bundled. What Playstation once was during the PS1 and PS2 era has died along the way as Sony has embraced the FPS/Sport crowd and started paying for timed exclusive DLC, while jacking up their PS+ prices.

Mostly being a normalfag box. That said, they finally broke me with a mix of PS4s getting cheaper and Gravity Rush 2.

Ffia and CoD

Its competition is none existing

PlayStation isn't even a CoD machine.

>How did Sony convince 53 million people to buy this?
With making it a PlayStation.
Not a KinectStation.
Not a WaggleStation.

Games

If you have a history of making shit it doesn't take a genius to expect more shit.

AHAHAHAHAHA it really should be at this point.

$250 tax-free and free shipping with three games convinced me. mostly got it for jap shit and some multplayer and shareplay stuff i can play with friends, 'cause they all abandoned pc except for f2p garbage. also nice being able to play nhl stuff again.

>mfw Shenmue III is PS4 exclusive

It's the cheapest console with the most games.

It's the new PS2 and will surpass the Wii in sales.

desu that is the only reason why i got a ps4 recently. for the crash remaster

Microsoft and Nintendo did half of the work
"We're neither Microsoft or Nintendo" that's all they had to say to convince people back in 2013

>all that fucking weeaboo shit

All it needs is twisted metal.

>niggers who don't understand what website they're using still browse it

Marketing.

About 30 or so

It's also on PC.

Because it has games.

By default. The Wii U is a complete joke and the Xbox One was doomed because Microsoft retardedly thought that console gamers wanted a Steam-like interface with DRM.

>PS4's January has more games than the whole Switch launch year.

WEW LAD

Crunchyroll

No third party exclusive are bad not first or second party since that what most ps4 exclusives are

The only reason there is a Bayonetta 2 is because of Nintendo's support. Xenoblade series is a Nintendo IP developed by a second party developer. The Wonderful 101 IP is owned by Nintendo. ZombiU's main appeal was the gamepad feature, which cannot be done on any other console (port was useless and removed the only interesting part about that shit game). Sonic games were a part of an exclusives agreement, which happens all the time in gaming (Team ICO, exclusive Souls titles, etc.)

No social media did and new games journal convince people that ps4 was better due to ms doing always online its ironic that most devices need you to be always online

By having no competition

I think, they didn't convince them, Microsoft only gave enough reasons for people, to not buy a XBoxOne

They didn't.
Microsoft did.

And yet people use steam drm and they don't complain but complain when pc games are on orgin or Windows store

>PS1 - 100 Million
>PS2 - 155 Million
>PS3 - 90 Million
>PS4 - 53 Million currently
>ITS ALL ON MICROSOFT AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SONY REEEEEEE

Well that's because PC gamers are autistic manbabies who for some reason worship a company that hasn't made or funded a game for them in years.

Normies only care about nintendo and PC exclusives (going by what people actually play in the real non Sup Forums world)

>How did Sony convince 53 million people to buy this

They didn't, Microsoft did.

I bought it to play games. I'm satisfied.

Roughly 90 percent of games ACTUALLY played in the real non Sup Forums world on ps4 are multiplats available on PC, and with almost all of these the best version is on PC.

The only platforms where people ACTUALLY play (non indie non f2p) exclusives regularly are PC and nintendo stuff.

You can't refute this.

>normies
>PC
Pick one

Lmao, not unlike any other paid exclusive, damage control at its finest

well, even this two anons think the same

also, remember back at the launch of the XBoxOne, DRM, always online, Kinect isn't optional...
and then, the XBoxOne was 100 bucks more expensive than a PS4 at launch

>The only platforms where people ACTUALLY play (non indie non f2p) exclusives regularly are PC and nintendo stuff.

You mean just Nintendo. The only PC exclusives people play regularly are MOBAs and a 5 year old shooter.

In europe PC is the most common choice for people 18+.

Consoles really are a Amerifat thing for some reason.

>two anons
Its a samefag that wanted my (you)

>also, remember back at the launch of the XBoxOne, DRM, always online, Kinect isn't optional... and then, the XBoxOne was 100 bucks more expensive than a PS4 at launch
The PS4 would still kill the xbone in sales if MS had done none of that.

>i-it's ok when nintendo does it

PC gamers are the same cancerous normies who play consoles, with the added allure of "Le Master Race" memes.

I realize they don't care. It's up to us to care, yet here we are. Every day there are dozens, hundreds, maybe even thousands of consumers praising and defending Sony or Nintendo or Microsoft for their anti-consumer practices.

>No third party exclusive are bad
They're all bad. No exceptions. Denying the consumer a portion of their freedom of choice is not ever good for the consumer.

Lying.

A few quality exclusives. No real trick there.

>The PS4 would still kill the xbone in sales if MS had done none of that.
You have no evidence of this user, you're just so desperate to be right that you believe the fantasy of your inner thoughts are identical to reality.

Don't bother arguing with the drones. A few days ago everyone here was excited about the rumors of Nintendo buying Platinum. Sup Forums hates console exclusivity until it's their favorite console (Nintendo), then greedy multinationals monopolizing the talent in the industry by buying out the little fish is great.

PS3 is more like 80 million. Still, the point stands.