How do I get Steam Friends?

How do I get Steam Friends?

btw I'm a

yeah I am but I won't say it though, still I just want to play some games and shit

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/marianne97/
steamcommunity.com/id/sophiadabest
steamcommunity.com/id/TheYFiles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Play multiplayer games, speak up every now and then.
Even people without a mic can earn a friend request from time to time.
The hard part is making a best friend.

>people ask for steam friends here
>the only other place this happens is /r9k/
Really makes you think about the type of people the "masterrace" are

Good question user.
I was actually looking for someone to play Blood and Bacon with later if you wanna join me.

And as for making friends, either find friends IRL, find friends in games you have similar interests to and add them, GMods's a great place for this, etc.
On Sup Forums, /soc/, and /trash/ you can find some too.

Just play multiplayer games and try to communicate a bit, she-faggot.

ahh :(

the best friend meme..

What do you play? I can add you

Can't i just get random adds from ERP groups and then separate the cream from the crop?

Like 200 adds then I can find at least 2-3 normal people?

I've made a couple over Steam, but people drift apart.

/r9k/ here
Step 1: enter literally any multiplayer game
Step 2: activate your microphone
Step 3: laugh
You now have as many friends as there are players

Played in a GMod server eons ago and became friends with these 3 guys out of sheer luck, still friends to this day and basically best friends with 2 of them.

Shit just happens. Don't be an autist

>recommending gmod out of all games
Then again i made one of my best friends in Zombie master source by just fucking around on a server that was some 8 years ago

>ERP group
>normal people

>erp
no

>everyone sees everyone else playing with friends while having fun on pc and want to join in
>no one sees anyone having fun on consoles with anyone so no one wants to join others
Sounds about right

LONDON

Join steam groups for games you like. Start interest. Be proactive.

add random people
works for me

Precisely my point. GMod is home to a bunch of small communities and constantly rotates out people. Finding someone you mesh with is easy in games like that.
Just stay away from RPfags.

tfw no steam bf

Just keep at it bro. Just be yourself.

holy cancer

Steam actually made me hate having friends.

OP here. I have like 10 games and I only play on console most of the time anyway. Handhelds and shit.

Steam works so much better as a hub though.

...and now I feel as if I've tainted my profile by joining ERP groups and making my profile alluring and shit..

>pc gamers
huh...

>...and now I feel as if I've tainted my profile by joining ERP groups and making my profile alluring and shit..
Yeah that's pretty lonely and autismo of you, there.

>never play multiplayer games
>never meet anyone
I found it easier to make internet friends back in the 90s. You could just hop in an IRC channel or start posting on a forum, and eventually you'd hit it off with somebody.

Just talk to people, weather via voice or chat. Also helps if you play games that aren't rage inducing so not CS:GO, Dota2 etc. I did get lucky one time being matched with a 4stack in Dota and I picked a support and I guess I did well enough they added me and we played a few matches after that but nothing since.
The only people I'd call friends I met on Destiny.

Basically just talk to people and eventually you get lucky and click with someone. Kind of like in real life.

>finally start playing more than one multiplayer game
>nobody plays the games I do play
>if they do they're much much better than me or will never initiate
I can't help the games I like aren't very popular.

Reminder

which games would that be

Change your dp and name to something anime/female and awoo all over the show.

I met the majority of my steam friends through DotA. Anyone who played well and was still friendly throughout a losing game instantly gets an invite to my friends list. Consequently, in my 4000 hours of dota, I have made 7 friends throughout, and they're all great people.

I have 5000 games played, and assuming four other people on my team for each of them that I don't know, that roughly translates to a 7/20000 odds of finding good people in dota.

Thank fuck it's dudes like these that convince me to not make any friends on here, i'll just play those coop games alone, thanks user.

>be good enough where people think you're cheating
>random people to add you

it's easy. i don't add them though because they're trash at the game

Just show us your steam profile. I'm sure some people would be genuinely interested in talking/playing with you.

where's the sad tomoko guy and the add me up losers faggot, they should be in this thread by now

>do stupid ass videos on youtube
>it gets popular
>receive friend requests for long period

i'll stay anonymous about the videos but that was my way to do and i made like around 8 good friends for almost 5 years ever since,
i was a faggot that was too shy to use the mic but when time has passed i started using it more and more with friends, even in pubs.

also keeping the friend/group/level as low as possible to pass as a normal human being, if i didn't had purged my friendlist with time, i'd have over a hundred of "friends" but i refused a shit tons lot of them, people keep friends just like facebook

>the only thing on this list that describes me is Canadian
Feels fucking good, man.

i'll be your friend on steam but i would probably never play or talk to you.

Why do people find it so hard to make friends online? Just don't be retarded and eventually you'll meet people that will actually like playing games with you.

Remove anime avatar, because often it overlaps with vidya and shows someone is less likely to be a normalfag

There are legitimate reasons to have a private profile

VAC bans are okay if they were several years ago

Remove Canadian and replace with British and Australian. While Canadians can sometimes be shitty Brits and Aussies are shitty almost 100% of the time. I've met one good person from each and I have added quite a lot of people.

Friend collector cutoff is 30-40+.

The rest is mostly valid.

pretend to be a girl and/or be really skilled

The more social media splinters the lonelier we all are.

>Inb4 plays nothing but Nuclear Dawn

Why is owning less then 150 games bad? How is owning shovelware and shitty indies games I'll never even install a good thing? I'm definitely ashamed wasting all that money on Humble Bundles and Steam Sales.

I have a manga crop, so I have 0 points.

steamcommunity.com/id/marianne97/

Got some while playing Dota with /vg/.
Most of the people there are assholes and think they're hot shit because they have 100MMR more than you but I also found a handful of very cool people which I know for years now.

No, just stick to a /vg/ for a game you like and join that discord when you want to play, or hop around discord servers that pop up on Sup Forums and hope the majority of them aren't degenerates

>/soc/
Christ, fuck off back to facebook.

hi
steamcommunity.com/id/sophiadabest

steamcommunity.com/id/TheYFiles
How'd I do, user?

>A fucking b8 image just inspired me to clean up my groups and friends list
You win this time shitposter

I guess for some people touhou count's as anime so i only strike 1 point

Mostly the latter two.

NA.

Anyone care to score this with Just by glancing at it I'm sure it get more then 10.

1 point, 0 if I hadn't started playing CSGO recently, that game somehow got me hooked

Nothing wrong with her.
Atleast she outright states that she's only 1% gamer which seems accurate according to her games played.

Is Wilhelm from Borderlands 1.5 considered a "meme?"
>Comment section has +rep for Buttsex jokes
>Rest is in the clear without question
Feels good.

wew

It's really hard to make friends here. It never goes beyond smalltalk for me. I really need a friend.

>Only point is the ded Sup Forums RTS group

Some of that is pretty innocuous though.

>btw I'm a
trap?

Alright i can't help sorry

And Sonyggers look for friends on reddit.

That's what I expected, but no need to apologize.

Well fuck me, that profile seems clean as fresh snow

The only thing that bothers me is that you have 245 games but average about 10 hours for each but that doesn't count I guess soooo yeah you're good

Really skilled works out in CSGO if you constantly carry. You almost always get added after that.

Are you for real nigger
Fuck off

you get steam friends from playing video games a lot and also talking inside of those video games

only an autist would care this much

>play EDF 4.1
>Buy mic
>No one uses their mic

Ok

I can understand that, it sucks being a wage slave.

>Get a point for having less than 150 games
are you fucking serious?

Judgmental grudge-ful fuck central. Biggest red flag of them, that includes you whomever posted image.

I don't really understand. Why even bother with steam if you don't want to play games or don't really have an interest in games?

>less then 150 games
>less then 30 hours in a week
what shut-in autist made this

Have irl friends that also play on steam I have a lot that way. we mostly play dota 2

What's your most played game? I feel pretty pathetic with 59 hours but i have no interest in multiplayer games.

How many people still play that online?

more than 75 friends cause i like talking to people unlike the autist that made this

Pretty fair amount, it's hard to gauge because full rooms are invisible. I see plenty of rooms every night though, and Japs fill it up around 5am EST. Weekends also get busy.

t.autist who has most of what's listed

kill yourself lmao

I should probably get one for have 90 hours in the past two weeks. That's like 6.5 hours a day, and I'm not even a NEET.

It's cool that you don't like games, just say so little buddy :)

nice excuse friend collector, im sure you talk to all 75 of them

Once upon a time, Sup Forums played videogames. Y'know?
30 hours every TWO weeks, and it's only worth half a point if you don't reach it.

i have to talk to every person on my list everyday
shut the fuck up you baiting nigger

Will have to pick it up once it goes on sale again. Thanks

What's a good multiplayer game to play that isn't Counter Strike, TF2, Overwatch, or ASSFAGs?

I feel like this shouldn't even be up there since you can play games not connected to steam and no one will know.

risk of rain

>Cleaning up friends list
>Revisiting the profile of that friend who's never coming back

If competitive isn't your thing, try co-op games. I made a good friend in Hammerwatch, for example.

golf with your friends

Sale will only save you like $15. I think there's a patch for pirated versions that works online, but you can only play with pirates. Dunno how active that is. It also might be on Humble or Greenman for the sales price of $35.

Personally I got $35 out of it, but it has its fair share of flaws. Personally I think they should drop it to $20 since it came out like8 months ago, and EDF 5 is around the corner.

I don't mind competitive games, just not those games.

Blatant irrational response with nothing to back-up your presumptuous claim.

You're too late OP

Steam group chats are all ded, Discord killed it.