Is this game good?

Is this game good?

yes

also otome is best girl

bump

In several aspects it's not as good as the first, but it does have more or less the same gameplay with more perks, and a better story.

It's alright.

>In several aspects it's not as good as the first
>better story
usually the one thing people say is worse in DeSu2 is the story (and even that is debatable imo)

now I'm curious tho, what are these several aspects you talk about. Cause I'd say DeSu2 is just straight up better than the first in every sense

I feel like the story at least has more depth than the first did, in a general sense. Also, I like the menu and battle interfaces of the first one better, along with the music of the first game more. However, there do seem to be more developed and/or likable characters compared to the first game, even if they are tropes of a sort. However, for me in general, it often seems like the sequel to a game I really like is never completely better than the first, if better at all, primarily for minor reasons.

What was that?

weeb shit. It's why I got rid of muh 3ds. All it has are cheaply made Jrpgs that look like they were made through rpg maker.

Devil Survivor with a less dire plot than the first game that parallels Evangelion's story while incorporating Social Link mechanics.
In terms of gameplay, it's a welcome improvement over the first game. Visually, it has no red-black color scheme so my eyes felt better when I played.

DeSu2 is better.

1 is way too easy with the way demon's inherit skills from the humans, and with the way you can Recarm anywhere. And that's saying a lot, since 2 is still super easy to break.

Regardless, both remakes are better than any of the other gen 8 jap srpgs. Not that it's a high bar.

yes, autistic bunny is best girl(male)

To be fair, I don't try to look for game-breaking tactics like that during my playthroughs of either game, I just try to make sure I keep up in levels, make decent battle judgments, and makes sure each team other than the Phys one has at least one of each elemental move.

>tfw you outrange a septentrione

Jungo is a fucking monster

Which septentriones can you do that with?

>Fighting Mizar for the first time

Yes.
Yamato is the best written character in the SMTverse.

MC is P4 tier of having everyone (specially the women) ride his cock for no reason which is pretty disappointing

You basically don't even need to look in the DeSu games. As soon as you see Holy Dance in 1 or Multi-Strike in 2, it's immediately obviously how broken they are. Realizing to build around them is just natural. Which is why pretty much everyone to ever play either game figures it out.

Holy Dance makes sense, and I did use that against the later Bels in 1, but Multi-Strike against the Septentriones? The main reason it's effective is because it does a good amount of physical damage to all enemies in a skirmish, but against one it doesn't seem as effective, in my opinion, especially against ones strong to Phys.

>Holy Dance
What about max magic with elemental dances
Are they as good?

As a diehard SMT fan, no

>pierce
>phys amp
>crit aid

90% of the time yes
you don't even need holy dance desu

You can use them to supplement if you want, but Holy is the only really abusable one. I prefer to just use the standard single target heavy damage elemental spells over the elemental Dances.

So what, you just have one physical tank? While I see how that might work, is multi-strike more powerful than multi-hit damage-wise?

What's an entry level SRPG?
I suck at these games.

Also, if you do this on demons, make sure they inherit phys repel. Makes it an even better combo, because then there's no risk of getting hurt by your own attack.

you can play this game

it has an easy difficulty mode

Jeanne d'Arc

Easy but fun.

it's exactly the same just strike hits all 3 while hit hits one

Also, on humans, phys repel is better than having both amp and aid. You don't need that much beef.

So, it's mainly used to plow through teams of 3 demons/ 2 demons and a person then? Other than just using their weaknesses, what would be the "best" strategy for defeating Septentriones?

or you can just use pierce+

reminder that miyako sucks

>Mainline
>Devil Survivor
>Devil Summoner
>Persona
>Devil Children
>Jack Bros
Have I miss any SMT Spinoffs in the metaseries?

Remember that the two original Digital Devil Story: MT games and the current SMT mainline are seperate.

You also missed Digital Devil Saga and Majin Tensei.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

>MC is P4 tier of having everyone (specially the women) ride his cock for no reason which is pretty disappointing

Haven't played DeSu2 but you're not making a good case since no one starts out sucking P4 Mc like you think.

Yosuke and Yukiko pretty much ignore him at first. Yosuke only starts hanging out with him because of Chie, Yukiko only after he saves her life.
Kanji wants to beat the shit out of him first time they meet
Rise doesn't even look at him
Naoto think he's an idiot like the others
Naoki straight out tells him he hates him
Shu is a prick
Nanako at first is wary of him
Adachi never liked him
Ai only hung out with him because he's good looking, other than that she just wanted to have someone to carry her bags around
Margaret is a cold cunt until he's smart enough for her
Yumi flips at him few times in her S.Link, though rightfully since he was being a creep, eavesdropping on her and shit

DDS?
What? She's the best character in DeSu1 and second best in OC.

Wtf game is that? I do r keep up with smt games too much.

Speaking of which, I have DeSu2 on the regular old DS, but never played too fat I to it, because once I learned there were different routes and certainly characters die in each route, I had an autistic fit and stopped playing.

Is there a route where no one does and if so how do you get that one? I don't want any of my bebes to be dead.

Its just fanart.

Last Bible
DDS
Giten

>She's the best character in DeSu1 and second best in OC

Shit. If that was actually the game I might have played it.

fanart of smt4 to make it look like breath of fire I think

>hating on JUSTICE
Dumb anime poster

It's the same in DeSu2.

Most of the cast of DeSu2 starts off:
-Already a school friend of the MC
-A dick to the MC
-Indifferent to the MC
-Openly hostile to the MC
-Some combination of those

There are only like 4 characters that ride his dick immediately, and half of those are just kinda naturally that way.

I remember Jack Bros and forget Digital Devil Saga. I am a fucking moron.

fire emblem (7,8,9 or awakening)
advance wars
valkyria chronicles

SMT NINE.

>miyako
>desu1

>awakening
>wars

You serious?

Quick, post comfy moths

>for no reason
he's Chad

what do you mean?

mothman endured____________

>DeSu1
I see you confused her with better Justice.

Well, shit. I suck cocks.

>Liking Amane

that's some absolutely based taste

So did the White Ending just destroy that specific universe or the entire SMT metaverse?

Nine, If... and Imagine are all considered mainline spin-offs and not seperate subseries titles.

Yangfag please leave.

multi-strike or dances

Awakening is hot garbage and Wars games are great but not srpgs.

Just that specific universe.

Fair enough.

>implying anyone cares about yang

not with her fashion sense, darling
one needs to look great while upholding JUSTICE.

You can also get Ziodyne really fucking early if you're halfway decent at the game.

Can you get durarara characters or those weekly distributed demons with freeshop? Or do you have to use spot pass?

Devil Survivor is a very good game, no doubt about it.
However I'm having a hard time deciding wether Soul Hackers is good or not.
I'm two hours in, and while the premise looks interesting, the interface is really old and the game itself feels pretty clunky. The demons in the party are also pretty weak compared to the main characters.
How good and how long is it?

Was alright, Feel easier than DS1. Should get back to replaying both someday.

Reminder that no matter what you do in any of the games in the SMT metaseries, YHVH will always win. So you may as well answer the call.

soul hackers is something that you have to warm up to. It's not something everyone will enjoy, even if they force themselves through it, but there's enough to get out of it that it's worth playing through to see if it ever clicks for you.

It's probably half as short as a normal mainline SMT game so it's not (relatively) too much of a time sink

i was playing the first game and got into an unwinnable fight. should have done some grinding I guess..

Agreed. Tell Canopus to design them better next time.

>THE DIVINE ORDER OF THE UNIVERSE
miyako is so fucking annoying

SH is the best in the series in my opinion of course :^)

That mid 90's cyberpunk aesthetic mixed with Native American mythology is fucking amazing

Amane is alright. Followed her in my first playthrough
Despite what people say I still like Yuzu

>all these disgusting cows in this thread

this thread has surprisingly few waifuposting desu

Why was the anime so garbage?

The Persona 4 anime was kind of enjoyable for what it was.

-Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei/Shin Megami Tensei
--Nine
--If...
--Imagine
-Devil Summoner
-Devil Survivor
-Digital Devil Saga
-Majin Tensei
-Jack Bros.
-Persona
-Last Bible
-Devil Children
-Giten Megami Tensei: Tokyo Mokushiroku
-Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (unfortunately this is counted)
-Lots of miscellaneous Jap-only mobile fuckery, most (if not all) of which is spinoff material of the above subseries

There you go user-kun.

Best Girl

the director was a literal retard

Yes, now go away and play it.

Because they actually killed off characters?
But with the DeSu2 anime, I have to wonder what a DeSu1 anime would have been like.

Is it weird that Devil Survivor 1 and 2 just haven't quite clicked with me as much as SMT IV or Soul Hackers have. Or even other SRPGs like Fire Emblem.

Just bought it.
Is the story enjoyable? How's the atmosphere? I'm not worried about the gameplay, since I liked the first one.

why does she dresses like a slut?

Yeah but I'm saying that because it's nearly identical to the first which is the one I mostly played.

Either one is fantastic. Battle system is a lot of fun to mess around with and there's a lot of different ways to win.

The first time I saw Belberith in the first one and thought "Yeah fuck that, I'm not going to walk all the way over there", and wound up making a combo team that let me take multiple turns and also warp across the gap between him and you at the start sticks out as one of the better examples of how a game lets you tackle things in your own way.

I'm certain the second game has plenty of bosses like that. I never beat it and played it years ago but with either game you're in for a treat.

>implying

For one, they killed off too many characters, including Fumi and Airi who were guaranteed safe in-game, and they didn't follow any sort of route but went on some retarded kill-em-all route.

Why don't you?

if you'r expecting your typical been here done that SMT plot, you might be disappointed

otherwise, it's good

IIRC she just didn't wanna be the "Glasses girl"