JRPG

What are you currently playing?
What are you looking forvard to?
Just finished Nier, kinda dissapointed that endings didn't provide as much content as first drakengard and if second walkthrough was kinda worth it I wish I just watched endings C and D on youtube instead.
I miss jrpg general ;_;

Playing Ar tonelico at the moment, just got up to phase 2 and chose Misha's path because it is literally out of character to choose Aurica from how the plot presents you the choice. But I guess that's fine because I was conflicted on which girl to choose. Am I missing out on much story-wise if I don't run through Aurica's path?

Not realy, just keep the save and play another route later, it kinda short and Misha's route is superior anyway.

I'm just waiting for my PS4 to arrive - have there been any decent JRPGs released on it yet?

Is FF XV any good? I'm usually a pc gamer so haven't been following it.

Bump

Bump

you can't bump your own thread

Popful Mail SNES version.

It's really damn good fun, it plays like a more polished version of original Ys III with the grinding bullshit taken out. Bosses are kind of a mess, though.

I think I honestly prefer it to the Sega CD version, it controls better on the whole and the combat is less bogged down in stunlocking and being stunlocked.

I never realised.

Growlanser II

Trails of Headpat 2

Trying to plat Atelier rorona plus. Looking forward to Shallie plus and utawarerumono 2.
I think you can. You gotta wait 15 minutes.

Drakengard.

It's getting steadily and steadily less fun as they introduce more and more aggressive stunlocking enemy types that you need to go full hog on with the fast sweeping weapons or cheese with the dragon, and I still don't have a good way to deal with masses of projectile units outside of getting lucky and having a full stock of magic on a weapon with non-useless magic.

I mean eh, I doubt I'm going to really finish this game.

Are you having fun with dragon missions at least. The game is kinda worth struggling through shitty gameplay but nobody would really judge you for dropping it.

i wish i could play nier replicant on my ps4

The dragon missions are a bit jank compared to Panzer Dragoon, but still pretty fun. I wish that 90 degree turns to lock-on were less momentum based, I tend to overshoot them, but they're alright.

never ever sadly

-tales of graces f - ~20 hours in
-persona 5
it's fun. not a perfect game, by any means - but fun. world of final fantasy is surprisingly good. as is odin sphere, if that's considered a jrpg.

>Tokyo Xanadu EX+ goes to PC
>Absolutely zero attention

I see other people discussing Drakengard so I'll just post here. I started Drakengard 3 today and I'm enjoying it. Is there anything I should look out for or do I just need to focus on getting every weapon?

just pull out your phone and shitpost your own thread, no one expects that level of samefagging and the (you)'s you get serve as extra bumps

I don't recall any diverging requirements like the first Drakengard had outside of finding all weapons.

Tits SC, really like it for now but I'm not sure if playing the two games in a row was a good idea. Looking forward to the third game and to trying Cold Steel

>Nier
>JRPG

This fucking tag don't have any fucking purpose anymore

What is it then, you fucking weeb?

I replayed Chrono Trigger starting the other day, took me twenty hours including all the sidequests, but didn't bother doing any alternate endings. Want to either replay Xenoblade or start on Raidou Kuzunoha Versus The Soulless Army for the first time, but I don't think I'd finish either of them by the time Dragon Quest VIII 3DS comes in the mail Friday. And that I think I won't be able to finish before Tales of Berseria on Tuesday, but I'll want to finish VIII before I start on anything else anyways.

Its a bloody action game

>oh but there is progression

So has battlefield, does this means that battlefield is a fucking rpg?

Replaying Xenoblade.

Getting DQVIII on the 3DS when it drops.

Contemplating Berseria and looking forward to Automata

if nier is a jrpg
Then Devil May Cry is a JRPG

Fuck off with this, everything made by japan and that is not a fucking VN gets tagged as a jrpg nowadays, it lost all its meaning just like the word edgy, comfy and fun

>MFW i realize they'll never make a game with god like giant cannibal babies from another dimension again.

Almost done with FF XIII. I enjoyed it.

You niggers must be thinking Disciples is a JRPG.