What kind of legacy will this system have?

What kind of legacy will this system have?

>N64?
>GameCube?

>Dreamcast?

Virtual boy.

32x

The retarded middle child between the sega genesis and sega cd.

gamecube

fuck the niggers

GameCube.
It flopped, but has a few gems in there and will be looked upon more fondly in the years to come.

The same as the virtual boy, a shit console with some good games

>a few gems
The GameCube had loads of games and loads of fantastic first party games that are arguably the best in their series

But Virtual Boy was defunct in less than a year.

The few games that it has are some really good ones. It was totally worth buying for these games imo.
I thought all of these were fantastic games (only counting exclusives):
>Mario 3D World
>Bayonetta 2
>Zombi U (only game that made the stupid game pad feel like it was worth a damn)
>Hyrule Warriors
>Zelda WWHD
>Smash 4
>Pikmin 3
>Splatoon
Whelp, still more games I like than on PS4. Only Bloodborne is worth it on that console, but I'm looking forward to Nioh and Nier.

Nintendo should of just kept the WiiU alive for another 20 years, because once the price drops to $50 casuals would eat it up and buy millions like the Wii. 90% of the reason the Wii sold was not because of casual games or waggle, it was because it was cheap.

Better than the 64 and GC for me

Neither really. Nintendo consoles are remembered by their Zelda's

The Wii U has none, All it has is the best version of WWHD and IPHD.

I think for many it'll be the console that they just completely gave up on Nintendo with.

Unless Splatoon gets huge.

A big "fuck you" to the people who bought it. There's pretty much zero reason for the Switch to exist apart from Nintendo turtling up with the Wii U way too soon. Nearly everything on Switch, with the exception of stuff specifically geared at Wagglan 2.0, could have and should have been on the Wii U.

>handful of good games
gamecube

Dreamcast
At least it gave us Splatoon

>Neither really. Nintendo consoles are remembered by their Zelda's
what a retarded criteria

I'd say the Wii U will be seen as a better Dreamcast with better first party titles.

>"handful"
The Gamecube still has Nintendo's best first-party lineup of post-2000 consoles.
The Wii U doesn't even have its own Zelda.

The Wonderful 101

More people need to start playing that because i always see it excluded from lists

The Wii and Wii U are superior.
Neither the GC does

Ya the biggest IP Nintendo has next to Mario. Lets not compare them...

user, I...

N64
a system stuck in the past, no 3rd party support, but Nintendo made what a lot of of good games on it

Most of the games in that pic are on XBox or PS2.

much like obama, nothing

Because they release Pokemon games on home consoles. Right retard?

And Pokemon stadium doesn't count.

It will be remembered as a terrible system that sold like shit and had a handful of good games.

That's a point in Gamecube's favor, not a mark against it.

Like what?

Except all the ports are superior on Xbox?

>3DS
>lul
>LUL
>shitty musou
>remake
>3DS
>lul
>LUL

Saturn or 32x

>>LUL

Go back to Twitch, cancer

"The biggest IP Nintendo has next to Mario" is Pokémon
The Wii series also sold more than Zelda.

I thought the comparing wii u to Saturn meme died.

And no the Saturn actually has RPGs.

Not much.

It doesn' t have the variety of the GameCube library nor the cult classics of the Dreamcast.

It will go down as the console to play "those 5 games".

Doesn't matter. It still got general third party support.

>angry because Wii U was a waste of money and has 0 (zero) good exclusives.

I can't blame you, I'd be mad too if I wasted money like that.

We're talking about home console here autismo.

>Doesn't matter.
Kinda does.

I actually bought it this week, really looking forward to playing it because it seems like a really good and interesting game. It's probably underrated as hell since no one has played it.

I have a feeling this is the one game in the Wii U library that's going to become pretty expensive for a physical copy in a few years

Not for the purposes of this discussion.

Sunshine
Luigis mansion
Double Dash
Wind Waker
Melee

>"Zelda is Nintendo's 2nd biggest IP"
>but that's wrong you fucking retard
>"REEE that's not the point we're talking about home console IPs only"
>okay you didn't specify that but you're still wrong-
>"REEEEEE"

I mean the Wii U
GameCube was fantastic.

All the Wii U had was Splatoon really.

If I want to play Prince of Persia I want the Xbox version.

Like a worse Gamecube. Gamecube had a dumb controller but plenty of fantastic games that looked great for the time. Wii U will be fondly remembered for things like Bayo 2, Smash 4 (if there's no port), and maybe Wonderful 101 depending on who you ask, but for the vast majority of people it's the system with one game they wanted to play that was super underpowered.

Anyone who says Gamecube is fucking delusional.

The Gamecube offered far more.

like what?

Like the Dreamcast, it was the last home console Nintendo will ever release. Unlike the Dreamcast, the WiiU was awful and deserved it.

>thread is about a home consoles
>so autistic about handhelds he brings up a handheld IP

>Gamecube had a dumb controller
Are you that three-handed guy they made the N64 for?

Okay, but that's not really the purpose of this discussion.

It will go down in history as the only Ninteno console to not have an exclusive Zelda game

This. If anything it would be considered the turning point if the Switch is successful. Just took too much of a toal on developers and gamers. As cool as it sounds in concept dual screen support or any type of forced shit like that just doesn't work. As much as people like to shit on the switch for gimmicks..they do not compare to the WII U's.

>forced second screen
>second screen can only be used as an actual mirror screen on some games
>exremely tedious to program around

the switch has its gimmick sure but at the end of the day its just a portable screen that you can choose to use or not use at its a hell of alot closer to a regular console than the WII U.

If you want to bring up GC games it sure as fuck is a point to be made.

Oh god

It's the anti-musou/anti-Wii U tard

Why? The Wii U was backwards compatible with a cool tablet and had free online, it was an inoffensive console

We're not specifically bringing up GC games just to bring up GC games, though. It's juxtaposed against what the Wii U offered. I feel like you're looking for something to argue and are latching onto a tangent.

Nothing. Won't have any games worth playing.

Switch will have a better Mario, Smash, Splatoon, Mario Kart and party.

Bayonetta 2? That's it? Even then it's not exactly a system seller.

No I'm just looking at it objectively.

You can't just say "Oh it had multiplats so it's better".

Almost every single decent game was rereleased with more content for other systems or has plans to be remade.

>No I'm just looking at it objectively.
Right. Which isn't what the topic is about. That's where you're getting confused and looking for an argument. You don't need to respond anymore.

It will have it's own legacy. It's not comparable to any other system, for better or worse.

>What kind of legacy will this system have?
Is the topic. Maybe you wont be so lost.

Metroid Prime
Resident Evil (REmake)
killer7
F-Zero GX
Resident Evil 4
Eternal Darkness
Viewtiful Joe
Luigi's Mansion
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Mario Kart Double Dash
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Ikaruga
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Chibi-Robo
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Pikmin 2

>You can't just look at a game console and say "Oh this console offers a wider selection of games so it's better"

I use the Gamecube controller for all my Dolphin games, use it for all the Smash games I play, but you've gotta admit that it's missing quite a few things that modern controllers have that are direct improvements:

-Two "z"-buttons
-Right stick that's just as big and useful as the regular control stick
-L/R buttons that don't have that heavy click (useful for Mario Sunshine/Melee, basically never used for any other games. Kind of like pressure buttons for the MGS games)
-Weird button layout

Gamecube
Not especially praised highly while it was around, but people will fondly remember enough of its games for it to be deemed "good enough"
Though less people will like it than the gamecube because several major IPs went without a true release on it.
>no exclusive Zelda
>no Metroid
>no real Animal Crossing
>no Fire Emblem
>no Kirby platformer
And what we got instead is of debatable quality when compared to their respective predecessors

>quality means nothing
Hey there should be PS4 thread for you up. Feel free to leave.

>You can't just look at a game console and say "Oh this console offers a wider selection of games so it's better"
Now you're getting it.

The legacy of the Wii U. And the post that caused your autistic latching was dealing explicitly with direct comparisons between the Wii U and the Gamecube [which was specifically listed as a point of comparison in the OP].

You're looking for an argument. Who knows why? Prince of Persia being better on Xbox is irrelevant in the context of this thread.

It will forever be remembered as wii add-on because of the stupid nomenclature.

Your image has multiplats in it. Inferior ones. You then compare that to the Wii U. If you don't see why that makes no sense then we're on different intellectual planes.

Just like the Wii U.

>Gamecube
You are delusional. Gamecube did more.

Not saying Gamecube was any sort of masterpiece but it did do more.

I named 18 GREAT Gamecube games off the top of my head.

Wii-U I can do 3.

>we're on different intellectual planes.

Yes

Bayonetta 2, Smash bros, Pikmin 3, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors [unless you go for high ranks]
Let's say the mainline Zeldas don't count towards either
Smash bros, Chibi Robo, Custom Robo, Path of Radiance, The holy trinity of Nintendo racing games, Pikmin 1 and 2, Viewtiful Joe, Luigi's Mansion, and Metroid Prime
Okay fair point.

The pokemon games on wii sold more than zelda on wii