"Sega should sell the Sonic IP to Ninte-"

>"Sega should sell the Sonic IP to Ninte-"

If Nintendo owned Sonic they'd just toss it in the IP trash heap alongside Mother, Fzero, Metroid, etc

basically this

It's not like Sega cashes in on any of their old franchises though. Outrun 3 when?

Just a reminder that the sonic the hedgehog comic is ending very soon

Yeah. Imagine a imagine do if they bought capcom sega or konami.
Yikes.
We get one or two games. And then they'd abandon them.

It's still going?

Not for much longer

Anything to bring up sonic again you fucking sperg

>stop talking about things I don't like

Yeah Sonic's future is looking ok at this point.

I would however want Nintendo to purchase Castlevania from Konami.

People said that before Nintendo became the Killer of Fun they've become in the past few years.

Hell, they should just go ahead and pick up Bomberman and Metal Gear while they're at it.

It's been great for the past 12 years. It's been what's kept the non-autistic core of the fanbase going for these past 12 years.

Unlike those franchises Sonic is actually profitable though

>Sega should fuck off and let some random dude make sonic

Oh look a fucking masterpiece

>some random dude

To be fair, Whitehead is a huge fan who's helped create fan works before and has more experience making a 2D sonic game than 99% of people at sega and nintendo currently.

But, I never implied that...?

Updated the image.

this is true, because Mario would've killed Sonic off by now, due to just being superior in general, if they had to share dev resources.

But if Nintendo suddenly came to own the Sonic IP tomorrow, you can bet they'd continue milking it because it keeps making money. No matter how shitty the games are, they still sell. Unlike the series you mentioned, which sell terribly no matter if it's a good or bad game.

Nintendo would remove all the fun characters and reduce every game to "le 2d green hill zone nostaglia lol hashtagitsa90skidsthing"

Oh wait

sega

has
already done that

"We at Nintendo had the new Sonic game in development when we thought "Hey, Sonic's a platformer, and Mario's a plaformer. Do we need two platformer series?" Thus, we decided that, if you want a new Sonic game, just play Mario instead."

We're sitting in the Sonic threads on /vg/ and Sup Forums right now, talking about the comic, and there's several shitposters who are advocating for exactly what you're talking about to be done to the comics and even more to the games.

I constantly point them to look at what Mario has become and what Sonic is becoming.

It's weird though, Nintendo just admitted to their fans that Mario has become a somewhat personality-less mascot by literally saying that Mario's personality is 'back', but mario fans and sonic fans (usually sonic fans who are also nintendo fans) still refuse to admit that happened.

I fear for the continuation now that it seems there's more interest for Mania on the switch. See 's image...Whitehead knows what's up.

wait, this is new. When and how, spoonfeed me

From a scan of some UK Playstation magazine.

fug, I hoped for a video. Anyway ziplines in green hill. And people were saying it was just a reash. What a great time to be alive

Here are the full pages.

thanks user

Nobody likes a guy who can only talk about one thing

You're the same as bronies

In fact I'd be surprised if you're not bronies