youtube.com/watch?v=tax4e4hBBZc
youtube.com/watch?v=4drucg1A6Xk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>new IP

Oh wow another half-life mod, how nice.

The lab 2

>set in the Half-Life/Portal universe
F-STOP CONFIRMED

Confirmation of a chance is not confirmation of certainty.

"we are always open to the possibility of it happening, but nothing is under development right now" is also well within "any chance" because it does not rule it out.

>2 crap series are probably getting more idgaf turds and a movie

Whoa

0.0000001% is "any chance". Face it, this fat jew never wants to do any work in his life ever again

metacritic.com/game/pc/half-life-2
metacritic.com/game/pc/portal-2
Whoa

Guys read

ANY CHANCE

Yeah guys there is a CHANCE you guys could die now. Does that fucking confirms it?

We know these movies are in production already, JJ Abrams confirmed in an interview almost an year ago.

>Half life or Portal
>New IP
pick one

Movies are coming though

w ho giv es a fu ck sto p p os ting thi s s hit you fu ckin g red ditor

Haha VR shit

I want to get hyped

HAPPENING

I s t his the st art of an e pic ne w mem e?

>new IP

Nobody cares, fuck off reddit.

memes

>Soon

He's been saying that for over a decade now.

Don't trust him.

nice edit faggot

thanks for stopping by, but you really should go now

he didn't say it
reddit.com/user/GabeNewellBellevue

YES! L4D3 is coming out!

2006-> Portal
2011-> Portal 2
2017-> Portal 3?

You Sup Forumsedditors have no shame whatsoever

>Jew Jew Abrams

WHY? This fucker has never made a great movie.

He makes by the books decent mindless garbage.

God damnit Gabe

It's gonna be a loot shooter like Borderlands except good.

>Portal 2 came out 6 years ago

btfo

Half Life 3 is a joke by now, even confirmed by Gabe himself. Sure he may say "soon". He's actually referring to that it's cancelled. It's a thing in Valve. Soon, has a different meaning when used in Valve's work environment. It refers it to being on hold forever, or as cancelled. Don't trust that Gabe will ever deliver the promises, in the relation of Valve's IPs. He wants to focus solely on Steam itself.

Just give up hope in it's IPs. Don't expect it come out of it's development hell. It's already funny to us, with your suffering on trying to piece together random bullshit on HL3.

t. Valve Employee

he didn't say "soon"

>new IP
>HL3/Portal 3

pick one

He certainly said it multiple times.

youtube.com/watch?v=tax4e4hBBZc
>it's been a looong time

What do you think "IP" means?

AKA, Half Life 3 will only happen if someone other than Gaben does it, but none of these people have the balls to do it because they know it's a meme at this point, and if it's a bad game, it's all on their shoulders.

Just like how during the development of Metal Gear Solid Rising the devs were constantly in fear because Kojima wasn't directing it, so they were afraid of doing anything at all.

How can we possibly believe that you're a Valve employee?

Nobody asked him about what was going on between Valve and the guy who did Megas XLR did they?

Even him considers it a joke at this point.

>development hell

It's not in "development hell" it just doesn't exist, period.

Give me portal 3

This is why I'm just waiting for the day that some Half-Life fan makes enough money to buy the rights and start making Half-Life 3 themselves, having gotten fed up with waiting on Valve.

>edit: thanks for the gold kind sir!
I thought it was just a meme

>Is Valve still working on any fully-fledged single player games?
>Yes.
I want to move on already, but I can't.

>Half life movie set to be the most action packed blockbuster of the year
oh what fun

>Cloverfield
There's one

>Jew Jew Abrams

Yuck

He was producer on Cloverfield, meaning he didn't have much input.

Portal Movie already exist: youtube.com/watch?v=4drucg1A6Xk

The only way I could see a Half-Life movie working would be if they made an oppressively dark war movie about the doom that was the Seven Hour War.

They won't do that, though. They'll probably make a B-tier action movie about Gordon escaping Black Mesa, even though a large part of the target audience for a Half-Life movie has already seen that story through.

Money. Valve care about money, nothing else. They are no better than sony or ms.

>JJ abrams

>caring about online reviews

Half Pipe 2 like the first one was on fucking rails with forced "use this awesome gun" resolutions

Portal 1.2 was all about the hyped memes, same boring and repetitive gameplay.Mind you playing Tengen Tetris for hours on higher levels was more funny and entertaining than that pos

If I recall correctly JJ is only producer

Nice review pleb

the film hardcore henry is at least proof that the concept of an action movie shown entirely from the first person with a mute protagonist can work

If he really did mean to confirm a "new IP that takes place in the Half-Life/Portal universe" then it explicitly rules out the possibility of the game actually being a new Portal or a new Half-Life.

>more video game movies just after Assassin's Creed flopped

LOL

>implying Black Mesa would even be in the movie

Any movie based on Half-Life would be based only on Half-Life 2, and Alyx would be the main character. You know this is true.

Ricochet is actually a really fun game.

Hardcore Henry is one of the best action movies ever.