What's the deal with the Switch seemingly having poor ambient lighting in this scene...

What's the deal with the Switch seemingly having poor ambient lighting in this scene? After watching comparisons I prefer the Wii U version much more until Link goes outside, where I think the Switch graphics are clearly better.

I know this is an old build, but I also have this nagging feeling when watching Splatoon 2 footage, that it somehow looks duller than the original.

Looking for legitimate, honest discussion. Delusional fanboys and Sonyggers need not apply.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ao47RQvCZwg&t=405
youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFlmH_0CI
playtonicgames.com/yooka-laylee-reptile-rolls-towards-release/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which is which? I think the bloom one looks better.

Wii U is on the left.

Goddamn. Glad Switch version running more consistently though, even if it's still 30.

Like I said in op, I think it may be a tradeoff and that the outside areas which comprise most of the game may look better on Switch. It's also an older build. I dunno.

I feel like it may be a Switch issue though if I'm right that Spla2n looks more dull than the Wii U game.

I guess it's a tall order to expect to have a real thread about this when I already excluded 99% of the retards on this board.

I mean I wouldn't know since I didn't play Splatoon but I doubt it's hard to fuck up an colourful aesthetic like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=ao47RQvCZwg&t=405

Stop being a moron, Tegra is way more powerful than WiiU's outdated GPU which can't run Unreal Engine 4 at all

what the fuck? it's 60 fps

Yet the scene I posted looks worse and I think Splatoon 2 does too. Retard.

It's not.
youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFlmH_0CI

Stop baiting to ruin my thread. They're both 30.

playtonicgames.com/yooka-laylee-reptile-rolls-towards-release/

>The Playtonic team is sad to confirm that despite our best efforts and exploring every possible avenue, we’ve encountered unforeseen technical issues that unfortunately mean it will be impossible for us to release the game on Wii U as initially planned.

Wii U, pure shit

Ok so address the fucking op then. Jesus this board is worthless.

what's actually worse about it, objectively

I dunno dude it looks worse. If you disagree then cool. Nice contribution.

I think the switch version looks better. The textures are sharper. Also, keep in mind, the lighting change might also apply to the Wii U version.

this is an older version of the game, it was already confirmed by nintendo

>switch
>less than a goddamn month until it needs to go gold

red flag that soon as they drop any platform support. Yooka laylee is going to bomb. Too many red flags already.

>Also, keep in mind, the lighting change might also apply to the Wii U version

This. Until we see a current build of the Wii-U version there's just no point in putting stock in these "comparisons"

That's why I brought up Splatoon 2 multiple times.

Its a port of the E3 demo build, not the retail build of the game.

Yes truly I can judge a lot by this 480x270 picture.

Fucking idiot.

Just removed the bloom because there's no need to hide the shitty textures and low res

I doubt they'd show the E3 build now.

You can clearly see what I'm referring to in that image. Fucking imbecile.

The E3 build was designed to be a show floor demo, makes perfect sense to just port that over rather than remake it.

Incorrect.

I guess but it's been confirmed to be 30fps regardless.

>Sup Forums suddenly likes bloom
When will our contrarian culture end?

I never engaged in those retarded partisan debates. I always took it on a case by case basis.

Interesting, I find Switch to look much better in this scene. Wii U lighting looks blown out to cover up how blurry everything is. Keep in mind that the Wii U version is an old build in that image. It may look closer to Switch now.

The theory that the bloom was used to hide worse Wii U graphics is decent. Credit to you and the earlier guy for bringing that up.

Still waiting for any opinions on Splatoon 2 and how that relates. I'm hoping it's just in my head for now, because I loved how colorful and vibrant the original was.

It's a dark cave, it shouldn't be as bright as it is in the Switch screenshots.

Its in a cave lined with tons of glowing lights, the Wii U version is strange in that the lights seem so bright but don't actually light the room at all.

they were developing for the wii u for a long time and didnt get much time to work on the switch version