twitter.com/MikePortnoy/status/814239777998458880
youpak.com/watch?v=02uq_GQAly0&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/58-YZpHijDM?t=4m35s
youtu.be/OWggmY2BDhE
youtu.be/Lk21TGskpoU?t=210
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That album was a Sup Forums meme last year

I'd rather play a 2112 game

It frustrates me so much to see what DT has become.

my nigga

And for a good reason, it was total shit.

>What's to play what is essentially "Ayn Rand: album edition"

No thanks, DT is already bad enough as is.

This album is probably the worst album I've had to suffer from last year. It's over two hours of generic symphonic metal with too many ballads about a bad star wars / game of thrones fan fiction

Even worse is that I had to listen to it multiple times since I wrote an article about it. Not worth it at all

Is this a new album? I havent heard this one

>Astonishing

I quit after their S/T album, it was painfully generic. I know Portnoy is a meme himself, but at least that guy seemed to be awake and semi-passionate about what he's doing.

Looks like Chessmaster rip off

>Portnoy seemed to be awake and semi-passionate about what he's doing
He's become delirious though recently, look at this shit he says about the new Neal Morse Band album

Spoilers: it's just as shit as the new DT

uh.. I mean vidya vidya vidya

tbf I'd like to see if people elevate it to levels of competitive play; like, autistic melee tier of metagaming

As much I wanted to like this album, it really really sucked.

why is dream theater so /patrish/?

youtube.com/watch?v=_LHFswk8K3o

lmao a first year graphics design student could make a better trailer

I have not decided if I like this Album or not.

it gets worse, see below

>not posting the first trailer
youtu.be/B3YdzMy593Y

>tfw the best dream theater song in years is from babymetal
youtu.be/02uq_GQAly0

Wtf? This song literally rips off Dream Theater

Are they fans?

>blocked in your country
should I be grateful?

>2.64 on RYM
ouch, must be pretty bad

everything put out by Dream Theater after 2010 is pure garbage

The Count of Tuscany was their last good song

This is the producer's top 50 albums

Mike is a fan of it
twitter.com/MikePortnoy/status/814239777998458880

Babymetal is practically one big metal tribute band t bh

youpak.com/watch?v=02uq_GQAly0&feature=youtu.be

Didn't know that. Only baby metal song i heard was Cholate or something, and thought "that's pretty good, but i think i prefer Lady Baby more"

might have to try them out more

>The Count of Tuscany was their last good song

I mean, they're hardly poets, but christ have you heard the lyrics on that song? BC&SL is the one album that's almost as bad as The Abolishing

Muh nigga!

Love that song

the lyrics are terrible and the midsection is mediocre but the intro and ending parts make up for it

like i said its only good not great

So what, is this a cash grab? Or are DT so up themselves they just want to contaminate every form of entertainment media?

DT has been cheesy proge garbage since Metroplis 2

>discussing their shitty band and taste on a video game board
Creepy autistic thread.

Well no one wants to talk about a crappy turn based game

I like Ladybaby but they are a blatant ripoff of Babymetal. Babymetal was actually created by a legit metalhead who cares about it, Ladybaby was literally created by a clothing company to sell their brand, and they actually propositioned the guy (Ladybeard) with "It will be like Babymetal, with you in it!"

Anyway, I don't take it out on the members and I think the music is fun but it does get annoying when a lot of times Babymetal is brought up and then "Ladybaby is better than this fake shit xD!"

They aren't the same group anymore btw. Shady stuff happening, the guy left and now they are literally called "The idols formerly known as Ladybaby".

Pic related is the guy behind Babymetal. Lmao at the people who think it's some corporate suits behind it. Metal doesn't sell shit in Japan, the average person doesn't even know what metal is.

So you decide to talk about a crappy band that's symbolic of everything that is wrong with "progressive" and "technical" music. At least the turn based crap is game related.

>Anyway, I don't take it out on the members and I think the music is fun but it does get annoying when a lot of times Babymetal is brought up and then "Ladybaby is better than this fake shit xD!"
Like I said, I didn't know Baby Metal was a "real" band, thought they were a joke band like Lady baby.
After hearing Tales of Destinies, I realize I'm wrong and will try listening to some of their other stuff.

But it's clearly a modified Dance of Eternity, but that's a good thing

Jesus Christ DT, what the fuck are you doing lately? I had to block the Astonishing from my memory when it came out. I almost wanna say they're making this kinda shit because Portnoy left but they've dabbled in it before this and A Dramatic Turn of Events was a good album without him. Not every album's gonna be a home run but they don't need to be strikeouts either.

Sup Forums is too busy shitting on fantano to care

>Sup Forums is too busy circlejerking kpop garbage to care
ftfy

>Meme Theater
>2017

>Posting Meme Wilson

did this guy learn to write yet or is he still ruining all of his otherwise good songs with fedora lyrics

>not liking the king of modern prog

>listening to prog for lyrics

A man so bland that even his sad songs (see: every song) is dull

Not him but Steven Wilson's pretty damn good when his head's not up his ass about the purity of vinyl and how MP3s are worse than Hitler. Hand Cannot Erase is legit one of the best albums of 2015.

he could sing in another language or just shut his mouth, the reddit garbage is unlistenable

he's been too busy ruining opeth for akerfeldt

>one of the best bands ever created with its own lore and perfect designs
>still no action game or hack and slash with them

I didn't know I wanted this

Oh, I wasn't talking about you. Depends what you mean by "real". The girls don't write the music(except for one song the two younger girls have writing credits), but they do have input on everything and have come up with stuff on their own. They aren't puppets and they aren't being exploited. There is a small dedicated team behind it all, it's much easier to swallow when you look at it as the producer's band and view Babymetal as one big passion project. Plus, they are blunt about it. They aren't trying to fool anyone.
youtu.be/58-YZpHijDM?t=4m35s

One thing I love about them is that both albums have such a wide array of subgenres. The one I showed you is their only progressive song. They have ska, viking, power, death, djent etc. songs just on their last album. Their first album was even more varied and a lot poppier.

What musicians have actually made, or at least are associated with, a GOOD game?

Iron Maiden's Speed of Light was pretty good from the other year
Brutal Legend is pretty fun

Is that it?

so can we all agree, systematic chaos was their last good album

if association counts, all of those meme artists from hotline miami

MJ's Moonwalker
Bowie sorta with omikron
Also the Beatles if the rock band game counts.

they never had a good album

More like Train of Thought

When Dream and Day Unite is their best album; everything post Moore is okay at best, and Labrie is a whiny hack

I liked A Dramatic Turn of Events personally. Haven't liked anything since though. If I had to list a favorite album, it'd be Octavarium, although their best song is A Change of Seasons without a doubt.

1. Metropolis Pt. 2
2. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
[Big Gap]
3. Octavarium
4. Images and Words
5. Systematic Chaos
6. Train of Thought
90000000001. Everything not listed

aye

Brian Gibson of Lightning Bolt worked at Harmonix and later co-founded Drool who created Thumper

>Dream Theater
>a meme
Well, what fucking else did people expect?

So just like every other Dream Theater album.

wtf I love Thumper now

but seriously, I love Lightning Bolt and was on the fence about thumper, this might actually get me to buy it

I like the lyrics in a very weird way.

The entire song is from the point of view from a kid, so I sort of accept the lyrics as really being the dumb ass thoughts of a kid.

But musically the song is fucking amazing. That intro.

Octavarium was the album that got me into the, 'these walls' is epic. but listening to the rest of the album there are a lot of shitty u2 songs. and never enough is blatanly a muse rip-off still knida like that song though.

I never really liked Metropolis Pt.2, and falling into infinity is one of my favourites do I have shit taste?

>This many DT fans on Sup Forums

You bastards should show up to a fucking show, once they stop playing Astonishing.

I mean, I love DT, heart and soul, but I can not handle Astonishing. Its too far up the Ivory Tower.

Six Degrees goes under the gap desu

Falling into Infinity has some of my favorite DT songs. Trial of Tears is fucking amazing. Every time Myung gets to write a song it turns out great. I don't know if they either don't let him write often or if he just chooses not to but he should seriously write more of their songs.

Something something Monkey Paw

I would but they rarely play in the US since they're just not as popular here as literally anywhere else and I don't live five miles from the damn Canadian border anymore.

>There will never be a Dream Theater / Dragonforce tour

Fuck this gay ass earth. It was bad enough when I had to listen to Trivium for the 5 time live and each time because they were with an act I actually wanted to see.

I just want to rock. I need some kind of relief from this dull and grinding life.

I hated the Astonishing.

That being said, the concert was entertaining from a sheer production value standpoint.

Seeing people trying to do standard metal concert things in Radio City was pretty funny

Trivium's not too bad. I'm not a fan of Dragonforce but that's whatever, like what you like.

>tfw The Safety Fire broke up two years ago before I could ever see them

Best concept album into vidya suggestions? I give my vote to The Lord Weird Slough Feg's Traveller.

Man, I always get stuck next to the buzzkill stewards/security, Ytse Jam is literally the song I listen to when I need to get pumped up for work. That shit comes on, I need to rock. I need to close me eyes, and lose myself for a bit. But every fucking time, its another mother fucker shaking his head and telling me he will kick me out of a rock concert, for rocking out.

>tfw i was expecting scenes from a memory pt. 3
>get The AssYawnMangining

Probably not the best but Metropolis 2 would be a fun, trippy as fuck game about jumping through past lives through hypnotherapy to solve puzzles. Would definitely play.

>Tfw we will never get another album as good as Train of Thought.

Man, I remember listening to that shit for months back when I was 14. Good shit.

>Mfw yuyoyuppe is on his top 5
>and it's story of hope

Well that's probably a first. Real talk most of his albums are absolute shit (The instruments are almost overshadowed by all the unnecessary vocaloid screams.) Story of hope, Dear, Planetary Suicide and a couple of songs from solitude freak are the only albums worth listening.

I have to yet check if he has released any new material over the last year.

Stream of Consciousness was on a whole other level. No other song gets me so hyped.

I'm a total DT fanboy, and at best The Astonishing has around 25 minutes of good music. It was not worthy of being a double album rock opera, and damn sure doesn't need all this ancillary shit they are creating around it.

scenes from a memory > images and words > octavarium > awake > six degrees of inner turbulence > train of thought > systematic chaos > When Dream and Day Unite > falling into infinity > black clouds & silver linings > a dramatic turn of events > dt (2013) > the astonishing

Suprised nobody mention this.

I really don't think it's a cash grab. If you watch interviews with the band, Petrucci especially, they are really sincere in that they think they have created the next Star Wars or Lord of the Rings with this album and story. They are way deep up their own asses. They really need to find a producer that will tell them "no" occasionally.

I can see it, but I'll never understand the love for Systematic Chaos. Forsaken was god tier but that's about it.

>unironically liking Octavarium

you wut m8

>he doesn't "get" octavarium

lmoa

agreed, I think dream theather suck every time they try to be a though trash metal band, Train of Thought is the only execption

Yuyoyuppe is one of the main producers of Babymetal. He has credits on Death, Megitsune, Uki Uki Midnight, Akumu No Rondo, Karate, Yava!, GJ!, Sis. Anger, From Dusk Till Dawn, and a dope ass remix of Headbanger(my favorite Babymetal song, not the remix itself).

youtu.be/OWggmY2BDhE
Probably their best all time performance. Too bad we'll never see it again.

>he doesn't like octavarium

i bet you like anime

For the record for anyone watching this, they don't lip sync, this song is an exception because of the electro-infused vocals. One of the reasons they won't perform it again.

youtu.be/Lk21TGskpoU?t=210

special message for babymetal fans at 3:30

I know man. Jordan's keyboard solo at the end is the shit.

>Tfw they fucking dropped the ball after United Abominations.

I know I will get shit for liking that album but honestly it was good. Endgame was eh..had a song or two that I liked but that's it.

Super collider though, jesus christ I don't know what they were thinking.

>yuyo is one of the main producers
Shiiiiit. I didn't know that.

I really dig Megitsune, and the whole metal resistance album, as I have to yet fully listen to the first one.

>Slipknot
>Doomsday Machine
>Pain Killer
>Clayman

Noice.

As much as I like spreading the disease, among the living is the superior album.

>Mfw half of the fucking song was their presentation.

That's pretty neat nonetheless.

>"I'm not fucking with you. I'm not buying that shit."

lel

Literally one out of 100 artists that fully endorse Babymetal. He barely even insulted them. They just opened an arena tour for red hot chili peppers and will again in april, opened for metallica last week, will open for guns n roses next week, opened for lady gaga in 2014, collaborated on stage with cthonic, dragonforce, skrillex, red hot chili peppers, and rob halford. I think they'll be okay.

The narrators voice is nice.

of course they will be okay. they're just a product.

Lightning Bolt... not listened to those in fucking years.

Product for who? The last thing you do in Japan if you want to make money is do metal. You don't know what you're talking about.

> Still no Ayreon video game

Hurts

But they're making it. I wouldn't see it as a bad thing btw, but products like Babymetal pursuit different aspirations as other metal bands.

Never ever.

And no Dragonland either.

I'm sure you have no clue about Babymetal and just speak on a surface level and have no idea of their origins. What do you think are Babymetal's aspirations?