Xbox One Sales Are At 26 Million Units

>Xbox One Sales Are At 26 Million Units Worldwide, SuperData Estimates

>Another year on year decline worldwide.

>One of those analyst and tracking firms, SuperData, has now revealed that the Xbox One’s sales are at an estimated 26 million units worldwide. In a report on the upcoming Nintendo Switch’s expected performance in the market, SuperData said that the Switch launches into a market with 55 million units sold for the PS4, and 26 million for the Xbox One.

>This is actually a rather dismal number- at this time last year, the Xbox One’s worldwide total was estimated to be 19 million, meaning that in the year that has followed since, Xbox has only sold 7 million units. This represents another year on year decline worldwide– although Microsoft have previously claimed that in the US, at least, Xbox has seen gains year on year in the last few months of 2016.

gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-sales-are-at-26-million-units-worldwide-superdata-estimates

So basically it's almost a Wii U level flop and it is selling nowhere that isn't the US and UK, does anyone wanna take bets on where it ends? I would say it won't pass 30 million and MS will close the division.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LrvE3B5Rz6A
youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So basically a complete fucking blunder lmao

xbox one is shit. period. the end.

is it selling worse than the original xbox fat? anyone?

Only americans like it.
Does it come with a free burguer there or something?

Nobody cares about this shit at all whatsoever, you should've just made this thread on /biz/

How much did the wii U sell?

Yeah I see that now, people have so little interest about xbox one that, they won't even shitpost about it and thats insane for Sup Forums

The xbox one is the lowest consoles on my radar. Can't think of a reason I would pick it up.

about 13.6 million

Not surprised, they have been closing studios, cancelling games, etc.

I still don't fucking understand why they are releasing the Scorpio.

Sup Forums doesn't need to shitpost about something that does it for them

I don't consolewar post though I shit on PC a lot but I have no idea why literally anyone would buy an Xbox One. It has no games, not even memeing, the UI is terrible and it has no future.

this was posted on neoFAG last month so someone there knew beforehand

convincing more devs to go pc or win 10

Part of a happy meal

isn't this the console Microsoft said would sell one billion fucking units back in blunderous 2013 E3??

No wonder they're realeasing useless ass xbl stats instead of sales numbers like they did last gen.

indeed
>R.I.P.

>PS4 sold more consoles and games than Xbone and pii u did combined

Nowhere near a wii u level flop m8

Same thing happened with PS1 and PS2. Sony is just that dominant baby.

When was the moment you lost all faith in microsoft?

After 8 years, the 360 sold 84 Million worldwide

After 4 years, the One sold 26 Million worldwide

Man, that means the 2013 E3 event was so fucking terrible, it had less than a 50% retention rate. That is fucking awful.

According to EA and Gamestop's claims based on the sales of Xbone games, that number is false and a lot lower. Like ten million lower.

Xbox sold 24 million in 4 years, Xbone sold 26 in 3 years.

Least they're getting Scalebound

When Halo 5 ended up being an awful pile of shit that isn't Halo at all. Terrible campaign and worst multiplayer of them all. Even Halo 4 was more of a Halo game than that COD clone abomination. Sold that shit console a few weeks later.

Surely you must know and are just baiting, right?

Microsoft is shutting down their console business. The scorpio is just one last jewing to get some money out of you.

Screencap this. Next Microsoft console will be a Windows PC machine with proprietary software so only those PC can play Xbox games. Basically a PC with "xbox inside" sticker.

Honestly those numbers look p good. I mean obviously they lost but the market looks p big

Wew.

Why are they throwing money at Scorpio again..?

>Lets invest billions into the Xbox One Scorpio just to quit the business

Are you retarded?

>Wii had a 9:1 tie ratio

What the FUCK

I thought for sure it was going to be weighted towards those fags that bought it for Wii Sports/Fit and never touched it again, that's a godly tie ratio

I expect the scorpio to sell just about as well as the PS4 pro did, AKA like total shit.

The issue for MS is that they marketed the scorpio back in 2015 as a mid gen upgrade, like sony did as well, then sony actually did a mid gen upgrade, and now MS is making a new gen entirely.

I'm a burger and everybody uses PS4s

>implying the scorpio hasnt been cancelled

Right on reveal

Thats because Frank Oconner should never be part of 343i, they specifically hired people who didnt like Halo, get this, TO HELP BRING IN MORE PLAYERS

also let us never forget when Bonnie Ross introduced this gem

Don't call me Shirley.

And yes of course he knows.

Unlikely. Looking at vgchartz multiplats sell at a 2:1 ratio of PS4 to Xbone or less. Interestingly I noticed Xbone sales are usually higher that you would expect given the OP, which would mean Xbone actually has a higher attachment rate than PS4. The only game that sold dramatically better on PS4 is FIFA, which is likely because most of FIFA's sales come from Europe.

Scorpio is a fucking lie too. It's still gonna be weaker than PS4. The ridiculous "MUH TERAFLOPS" claims they're throwing around are all smoke and mirrors, it's still just an Xbone.You can take that to the bank.

So, an Xbox?

You seriously just described a fucking console, dingus.

Good. They've contributed nothing but enabling paid online play and encouraging multiplat development to be much more mainstream than it was in 2000

I'm glad it failed and hopefully the Xbone/Scorpio upgrade will be the end of Xbox. Microsoft should stick to focusing on PC gaming just like I believe Nintendo should focus on handheld systems and Sony should have control of the home console market.

You cannot possibly understand this little about how computers work.

a lot of the games were really cheap

when i was dating my wife, who doesn't really play games, she had a wii and like 15 games like cookin mama and one-off sports titles

Given the PS4Pro bombed I can see the Scorpio quietly being cancelled

>monopolies are a good thing
kysmm

Surely, the gargantuan list of upcoming AAA exclusive titles will help Xbone sales in 2017.

>I think monopolies are a good thing
I wish I could hate you to death.

I thought it was going to be a new generation Xbox with Xbone BC, not just a 1.5 revision like PS4 Pro.

As opposed to the lackluster showing Xbox has had the last 3 gens?

>Muh Halo
>Muh same library as the PS4 but with no Japanese support

Great fucking competitiveness

Nah, PS4 multiplat sales and player counts are exponentially higher across the board.

I'm surprised weeb games are still a thing on Xbox consoles.

>the toilet chronicles

How appropiate

Nope, literally the same thing as PS4 Pro just weaker.

Haw haw!

It's a bit like the WiiU in that the install base is so small in Japan that they buy whatever they get.

If I'm remembering correctly the Japanese SHMUP market was great.

>estimated
sage.

Microsoft haven't said shit on it since they announced they've shifted 10 mil, it's the best you're going to get.

I's almost like people don't want a half step generation.

It's funny how quickly moore's law caught up to consoles especially since they're still not as powerful as PC's.

If they can continue to slot it into the future of Windows 10 in some way, it'll stick around.

Microsoft was so fervent in driving Windows 10 adoption that I'd bet there's some existential need there.

Also Xbox Live prints money, and according to some leakers it's cheaper than ever. Guess the "cheap azure discounts for devs" stuff doesn't matter when nobody plays on your platform.

Serious question: What happens to video games if MS exits the home console hardware business?

With what evidence? Looking at high profile multiplats, PS4:Xbone sales are always less than 2:1 despite the PS4 doubling Xbone sales. This is probably due to the Japanese not buying AAA multiplats, however if you're a AAA publisher like EA, Ubisoft or Activision Xbone game sales are fine.

12.8 million.

>sells double the units as the Wii U
.still considered a flop

How did the Wii U turn out to be so pathetic?

Ditching the Xbone for a new console at this rate wouldn't be a bad idea. That's what they did with the original Xbox when it had trouble reaching PS2 numbers.

Honestly I think more UK fags play it. Regardless it's asshole.

The PS5 will be everything the XBone was supposed to be. Be prepared for DRM out the ass and they'll probably shove PSNow down everyone's throats.

Nothing. They're already so irrelevant, no one would notice or care if they closed up shop tomorrow. Everyone and their mother bought a ps4, and nintendo circling the drain gets more attention than xbox in general.

Nintendo certainly won't step up to the plate, giving Sony the title of "the" home console

Playstation gets the dudebro market and half the Japanese market

Nintendo gets the handheld and the other half of the Japanese market

They co-exist and, for the first time in 15 years, there's legitimate reasons to own all systems on the market instead of picking either Playstation or Playstation lite and the Nintendo platform.

Sony runs unopposed and all the Xbox exclusives move to Widows 10.

Wii U owner, but I'll admit these people are in fucking denial. The thing sold disgustingly little

Drones will never accept it but Wii U was a colossal failure.

Sony gets a monopoly on console gaming and thus console gaming becomes an even bigger joke with jewing out the ass. Console gamers are not going to enjoy the rough assfucking.

The market is actually much smaller than it was last gen.
You forget just how huge the original Wii was, literally sold more than all of those combined.

For one the thing is still getting support despite not selling as well as the competitor, I'd say that's a little alarming.

i'd expect amazon, google or apple to step into the home console business. Too much money in it.

What don't I know?

>26 million
Why? There is like no reason to buy an Xbone, like none.

>double the sales of the WiiU
Man, this is completely unfair. The wiiu is not even that good of a system but it is MUCH better than the xbone, i will never understnd people.

Forcing Kinetic 2.0 on launch was a really, really bad idea

It's absolutely what they should do, but not what they're doing. The incompetence is baffling.

If M$ or Nintendo exit the home console market then home consoles are dead.
Which would suck most for Sony since their home console division is one of the few divisions that's doing well.

People thought it was just an upgraded Wii rather than a new console, that and the only good games being Nintendo's usual offerings didn't help it much.

SEGA will make a glorious comeback

There were A LOT of really bad decisions.

>People thought it was just an upgraded Wii rather than a new console

Nah, people just don't care about Nintenshit

Every thing they did before launch was really, really, really fucking bad.

>Wii U sold less than the fucking gamecube

embarassing

E3 2013 of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=LrvE3B5Rz6A

The Xbox One has no games and they shot themselves in the foot a launch. Hell as much folks here like to call the PS4 a bloodborne machine it does have plenty of exclusives and more on the way. And if you're a weeb it's a godsend. I even see the Switch passing the One.

And people never forgave them for it, either.

youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

what a twat, but he was fired so it's all good

>manveer heir
Isn't he that Bioware guy? Kind of hilarious that he shit on SimCity, another EA game.

Xbox One was a very interesting case of suicide.

>when phil fish is actually right
leaves a bad taste in my mouth