The new Iwata for Nintendo Direct and Miyamoto's replacement

>The new Iwata for Nintendo Direct and Miyamoto's replacement
youtube.com/watch?v=sBnxbHndCw8
Is he our guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2009/06/miyamoto_borking_super_mario_galaxy_2s_story
nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Asks/Iwata-Asks-Super-Mario-Galaxy-2/Volume-1-Miyamoto/2-What-I-Learned-From-the-Producer/2-What-I-Learned-From-the-Producer-230872.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's the most talented big name at Nintendo currently. Nintendo has completely mishandled him

I was reading some old Iwata Asks featuring Koizumi. His rise to upper management makes a lot of sense.

Yes

He feels like a waste of talent to put him in these positions, and I don't know how much influence he had on Breath of the Wild for example.
The video is right though. He would make some awesome games in that series.

Wasn't he the guy that directed Majora's Mask?

He's a storyfag so no wonder Nintendo hates him. Ocarina and Mario Galaxy of all fucking things had no business being as good as they were. I will forever hate whoever gutted the story out of Galaxy 2.

He's the brain power behind a lot of Zelda and mario titles of the past. He butt heads a lot with shiggy and Yamauchi always liked Koizumi more than shiggy

It was Miyamoto
>I just feel that the Mario games are something that should be a much more bright and active experience. With the Mario games, you don’t need to have such a complicated setting where you have these particular characters with complicated backstories that can weigh down the bright and fun feel of the game.
>Mr. Koizumi is the type of person who, whenever we’re working on a new Mario game, he always wants to bring more story elements into it, as he did with Super Mario Galaxy. But in talking with him this time, he agrees and feels that with Galaxy 2, there won’t be a need for as deep of a story.
>“Well, I put a stop to that at the beginning, this time,” Miyamoto said, and for emphasis punched the air with his fist.
>They always want to have these dramatic scenes where Princess Peach gets kidnapped, but I always tell them, no, it’s fine — Princess Peach likes cake, so you can just have them use cake as bait to kidnap Princess Peach, and that’s enough. [...] I was thinking they could have these big ships come in, and they’ve got these big chains all over them, and they drop a plate down with cake on it.

nintendolife.com/news/2009/06/miyamoto_borking_super_mario_galaxy_2s_story

>Yes. I had been keeping an eye on the action elements, and had checked the course designs, but I had mostly left the more theatrical elements to the team.
>I knew I couldn’t leave the game as it was, so one Saturday afternoon, I met Koizumi-san outside the company building to have a long talk with him.
>Oh, you told me about that the following week over lunch. You said you had talked with him for about four or five hours and figured out quite a lot. You seemed relieved, as if a fog that had been around for years had suddenly lifted. (laughs)

nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Asks/Iwata-Asks-Super-Mario-Galaxy-2/Volume-1-Miyamoto/2-What-I-Learned-From-the-Producer/2-What-I-Learned-From-the-Producer-230872.html

He co-directed with Anouma

But he's responsible for side quests scripting and inventing the 3 day system which is what put Majora on the map

Aww that's a shame. I was hoping they'd be better friends but it's no surprise considering they have such different attitudes towards game development.

If he could make a new character on a mainline series without Miyamoto's will, he already had a bigger say than we think.
At least Miyamoto learned to like her with the time, so it's not all that bad.
Also, he's literally what could've made SS and TP better, shame Aonuma doesn't let him participate on the franchise's development anymore.

interesting video, thanks user. I was wondering who this charismatic motherfucker was. A truly unsung hero it seems

Well considering that nintendo's is getting some prosing newer IPs and the new Zelda looks great and is an actual step forward for the series, the older guys at nintendo might finally be losing their grip.

I feel like miyamoto protects nintendo games from a lot of cancer, but over time he's going to be that obtuse senior that ruins everything

That's exactly who he has become at this point.

He's just an out of touch has-been who likes to experiment with game development. It's obvious as fuck that he's not even remotely interested in following up or attempting to surpass some of his earlier achievements. Nintendo needs young blood who want to make the next OoT or SF64. Not old men who want to experiment.

Innovating is hard and that's what he wants to do. Fans just want another SM64 or OoT but those are boring to him since he's already done it. The problem is that he's just experimenting for the sake of it and his follow-through on his ideas is poor.

Miyamoto is the real hack.

STOP VENERATING HIM.

He's a god at storytelling, but he's still a flawed developer. And even at storytelling he's not impeccable.

He wanted Mario to say "Where's my mommy" in a game at one point before Miyamoto BhimTFO. And rightfully so.

I understand why he wants to do what he does. But it's very unfair to the fans/players to be subjected to NOTHING but Miyamoto's bullshit. Aside form Splatoon, he's basically been dominating and wrecking Nintendo's games.

Paper mario is not "all of nintendo's games" user.

what the hell is that star

>Starfox Zero
>Sticker Star
>Color Splash

I'm not so sure about that

a special feature for Sup Forums gold members only

>Source: My fanfiction blog

I thought he was a fantastic presenter. I'd love to see more of him.

He advises on nearly every major Nintendo release.

We know for a fact he fucked with Paper Mario and fucked up Starfox. I'm sure the real list of offenses is much lengthier.

Starfox has had one good game, it was bound to be shit regardless of who was directing it.

>2 paper mario games
Miyamoto did not force intelligent systems to do what they did. Do you think he held them at gunpoint and told them to make all the characters toad? Blame tanabe if anything.

>"feature"

>Miyamoto did not force intelligent systems to do what they did.
Yes he did. You know nothing about Japanese social culture. When somebody as venerated as fucking Shigeru Miyamoto tells you to do something, you fucking do it. Not to mention Shiggy's reputation for "upending the tea table"

And you claim to know anything about Japanese culture you fucking weeb?

Why did they do it again in Color Splash then?

>you fucking weeb?
Nothing weeb about me. I just know how they behave in social and business settings. People who are as influential and powerful as Miyamoto get treated like gods and receive very little opposition.
>Why did they do it again in Color Splash then?
They don't need to be told twice. They got the message the first time.

>When somebody as venerated as fucking Shigeru Miyamoto tells you to do something, you fucking do it.
It wasn't because he was venerated. It was literally Miyamoto's job to decide which games get made.

>. It was literally Miyamoto's job to decide which games get made.
Way to miss the point entirely.

It's not impossible. The problem is Tanabe is a spineless hack who's happy to take directions so there's less work on his shoulders. Compare that to Koizumi who still gave us Rosalina and the storybook in Mario Galaxy despite Miyamoto's apprehensions.