Is there a more retarded design decision in video games?

Is there a more retarded design decision in video games?

use the horn

if ur so smart y dont u design something that makes more sense than this

>Let's make it easier to see!

>be 7th place
>be in the middle of the clusterfuck pack while 1st and 2nd place are a gorrilian miles away
>begging for a Star or a Triple Red or a Golden Shroom
>get a Blue Shell
t-thanks

No there isn't.

I'M STILL MAD
DS was best Mario Kart

It doesn't help the person who got it because they are next to last place anyway, so they only use it to go "oh well at least I'll piss someone off".
Then, it punishes the first player for doing a good job.

It's just a terrible idea overall.

DUDE LET'S MAKE THE HIGHER DIFFICULTIES EASIER THAN THE LOWER ONES LMAO

Pretty close, but it's

DD>7>MKDS>everything else>MKWii

woah wait how so?

64>7=8>Hot Fucking Garbage>Anything else

It removes damage scaling, which was stupidly applied to both you and enemies on "lower" difficulties. Basically it makes enemies less of bullet sponges, esp. with headshots

Higher difficulties make you take more damage, but this also applies to enemies, so you don't have to waste nearly as much ammo putting them down

I still think 7's the best, but I can respect this opinion too. Haven't played 8 because I don't want to waste money on a Wii u

so i heard you like Final Fantasy Tactics. we should make a sequel

8 will defintley be the definite MArio Kart once deluxe comes out. It basically fixes all the problems 8 had.

Everything is a bulletsponge on the lower difficulties, on Master and above they die quick but so do you

in the end it becomes easier because of that because even in master most enemies can't hit the broad side of a barn consistently

This is one of the main reasons why Super Mario Kart remains one of the best entries in the series - it didn't have any fucked items save perhaps lightning.

In 7 it shells anyone who gets hit by it when it's travelling to 1st, so it can still be useful if you're dead last

Not as useful as a bullet bill in this case but still can get you out of dead last, maybe

That may be, but...

>owning a wii u

unsurprisingly, the only good mario kart games are the ones were you can dodge them

Deluxe is coming to the switch though

It's easy enough to do it with a mushroom on 7, but I hear it can also be done with the dorifto boost. Now that sounds like hard as fuck since the boost is so shit and it requires setup.

It'd be better if it acted as a red shell and hit everyone in front of you on the way to the leader. That way 1-6 are fucked over equally, and it actually helps the person in last.

Right, might as well just completely fucking rek the entire match while you are at it.

You can do it without drifting or a mushroom if you're playing with a human-controlled partner on DD, which is one of the main things that makes DD great

The worst MK games (MKWii, basically) constantly wreck the entire match regardless of blue shells. Basically, the best place to be is in 6-last (depending on how far back last is) going into the last half of the last lap. Shit was retarded. On DD and 7 it's possible (and even beneficial) for 1st place to maintain a lead, at least against computer controlled opponents

>lose against players
>Ha ha, I'll get you next time!
>lose against ai
>FUCKING BULLSHIT
Anyone else?