Pitch me your game idea Sup Forums

pitch me your game idea Sup Forums

lets see what you got.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2pgvGGc4_I0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1/?

Battlefield 1 gives you a unique single player experience. instead of some super soldier taking hits and dishing out unprecedented amounts of damage, you get hit, you die, and a black screen fades in with a cross, the name of your soldier, his birth and his death date. this immersed me into battlefield much stronger than any other COD game or battlefield before it. I -was- that soldier. my actions immediatley had weight. i thought of how to keep my soldier alive. i stayed in cover, took pot shots and dashed in between the rubble if fire got too heavy on me. i lobbed grenades and covered my squad. sure, i was scripted to fall eventually, and take the place of another soldier.
but damn did that one henry johnson, 1893-1916, really capture a stark picture of war. one of the individual, and how insignificant he was all in all.

my game, my hypothetical experience of war plays like a battlefield 1 or a call of duty 2. fps shooter. set in WWII, and thrusts you into multiple settings and key battles of the war on all sides.

Rhythm/Fighting game hybrid

It's like Dark Souls but in the minecraft world

2/?

the game opens in a large, open wheat field. your character is looking up at a collumn of bf-109s flying past your position. you look down, and see that you are on a horse.
you are a polish cavalryman. this is the charge of krojanty, september 1st, 1939.
with saber and horse you look onto the horizon and see german armored cars (Schwerer PanzerspƤhwagen) and mobile infantry emerge from the forests and advance into the field. a signal, and you charge saber in air towards these armored infantry. this is a short mission... just an intro, with credits fading in and out bottom left screen. you charge, and mid distance, maybe even somewhat close, your horse suddenly jerks, and falls to the ground. in the disorientation, you look at your leg and see one is broken, and begin pushing away from the horse. a german soldier appears walks over you, points his karabiner at you, and hesitates. he doesnt shoot for about 5 seconds and just stares into your eyes. an officer comes behind him and puts his hand on the german infantryman's shoulder and nods in your direction. his eyes more fierce than the one holding the gun to you. the screen cuts to black with a shot ringing out. pjeiter kacynski 1917-1939 or some shit idk.

3/?

the next mission is a tutorial mission, and gets you acclimated to the controls of the game.
june 1940, somewhere over norway.
your first view of this mission is staring out a window in a RAF bomber flying over norway. prompts have you look up, down, side to side, and shoot off a few rounds of your machine gun. all the typical stuff. this mission then becomes a fierce air battle and you play as the RAF gunner. you see many planes dogfighting and some come to shoot your bomber. this would be somewhat of a wave style mission, and ends with your bomber smoking and falling to the earth but a last glimpse behind your plane spots a german bomber also smoking and falling to the earth. you hit each other. and crashed each other. (this is actually a true story, the survivors of both crashes found each other and survived in a cabin together) the black screen emerges and shows your dog tags. the camera view pans up and away from the crash and into a map view of the world, and pans over to africa.

sugar boy

youtube.com/watch?v=2pgvGGc4_I0

4/?

second mission is the battle of tug argan, during the italian invasion of british somaliland.
you start off as an italian solder, flanking the british lines in an attempt to encircle them. this battle acclimates you to staying in cover and the squad elements come into play, and by that i mean you play as a squad. not squad based combat, you are one man of the squad. if you die, the dog tag screen appears and you take the place of the next man in your squad. if you exhaust your squad, which will be about 7-9 men, you must restart the mission. once a few objectives are reached a scripted even occurs, the camera view pans out and above and moves towards the british line and swoops down to a british solder. this begins a wave objective, you are tasked with supressing the italian forces long enough to make a retreat to avoid encirlement. say, 10 minutes of holding the line.

okay, a good rhythm/fighting game hybrid

i wrote it up but i was ovwerwhelmed with a sudden rush of selfloathing and depression that i deleted it all
im not going to work on it. why waste my breath

5/?

next mission is the battle of ko change, a naval mission in which you play as a thailandese loader in one of the naval ships. this introduces you to the tamer, shorter missions of the game (where instead of the squad based gameplay, you are just one man and fight to the death). interludes for the fierce battles to come. yes, you read right, you are the loader. thru the subtitles on screen and a the increasing desperation and volume of your commanders voice you realise the battle is in losing favor of your ship. you franticly load torpedos and have on screen prompts to do whatever those loaders did in those cramped spaces. eventually, or shortly after, your vessel is struck, and begins to sink. you dont lose control or vision of the loader until he drowns... you get to see the fear on your comreades faces, the pipes bursting around you, the creak and moan of the ship being sunk deeper into the ocean. and the screen slowly fades to black. this is war. sometimes you lose.

maybe a cutsceen of rommel entering tripoli and advising his troops for an upcomming battle

jesus dude

Lighthearted platformer and/or metroidvania thing in a cyberpunk setting where industrial mining reveals an underground race of angry mole people. Because they're moles with incredibly sensitive hearing, the quickest way to defeat them is through the power of music, so you run around with a keytar and speaker backpack to incapacitate your enemies.

>gameplay fleshed out for one idea
>story fleshed out for another idea
>can never decide which to work on and couldn't possibly merge the two

shall i continue?

Sure man, go ahead

6/?

the next mission is the battle of fucking crete. you play as a fallschirmjager. and the mission begins with you on the plane, ready to jump. maybe you never heard of the battle of crete before, maybe you notice no one has any weapons on them. this will be a long mission, and a fierce one. intense hand to hand combat as you fight your way to the drop zone of all your weapons and ammo. thats the first 1/3rd of the mission which spans the seven day battle. villagers attack you with scythes, british troops mow you down with machine guns, and all you have is your pistol and knife until you reach the crate with your mp40s and mg39s and such. then the real fun begins. farm to farm fighting. house to house. your classic over the top world at war style mission. brutal. you get to experience the horror of the german fallschirmjager and understand just why hitler called off any other airbourne invasion after this one...but you still win the battle. it will be costly.

7/?

next battle is operation battleaxe, the failed british attempt to releive the siege of tobruk. this mission employs the squad tactics as explained before, but with the first twist you get to experience in the game. after a set objective that triggers a scripted event, a wave battle begins and once you exhaust your squad, you switch to the german side, and fight whats known as "halfaya pass" (hellfire pass) in which the british are stunningly defeated by german troops. (notice a pattern here? the first half of the game focused on lesser known battle and is the losing side that the allies faced. the later half would be the axis crumbling and losing more and more.) this mission would be dreadful, and would surley make you feel for the british failing in their objective to relieve their troops in tobruk. as you kill the last brit, the camera zooms out and pans towards russia

you are a soviet artilleryman stationed in a post somewhere on the border of poland and russia. this is operation barbarossa. frantic radio chatter erupts with bombshells and screaming. you realize its the start of the german invasion of soviet russia. the mission deals with you recieving coordinates to shell the advancing german blitzkrieg, and faster and faster the radio tells you to shell closer and closer to your position, when finally, a panzer III knocks down the trees in front on you, and the screen cuts to black, no sound.

8/?

the camera view pans up and out but just switches sides, and swoops down into the control of that very panzer III. this is your typical tank mission. self explanitory. your tank gets hit during the mission, and randomly, in a few selected spots in the tank. you have to take over the job of who gets killed in one of those hits, say one of those shots takes out the driver and you were the gunner beside him, you take over or if you were the loader and the radio operator and commander are now a fine red mist on the back side of the tank, well, shit i guess you become the crew of the tank next to you. moving on.

next mission would be you taking control of stuka pilot hans unlrich rudel, sinking the russian battleship marat. or you as rudel dive bombing tanks on the eastern front. either/or.

peal harbor. this marks the turning tide of the war, as MURICA gets into the war after this. (yeah yeah russia won the war with their blood spilled and all but america entering the war relieved a significant amount of pressure off the eastern front and opened a new one for germany to take on) you play as a japanese fighter and this is your first dogfighting mission. you are a 5 plane squad taking on what defenses the americans mustered up during the surprise attack.

9/?

next mission is a wave battle, taking place right before the bataan death march. you are an anti aircraft gunner on the HMAS Vampire defending a japanese air raid and the mission ends with it being ultimately sunk by japanese forces.

maybe a cutsceen of japans growing influence over the pacific

a two part mission, telling the growing air superiority of the allies. the doolittle raid mission, placing you as the crew of one of the b-25 bombers taking place in the raid over tokyo/yokohama and the RAF incendiary bombing of hamburg.

next mission would be a battle in august 1942, on the german side. this would be a steamroll on the way towards stalingrad. all would seem going as planned, massive amounts of ground being gained...and then the next mission would hit

stalingrad. first half being on the russian side, fierce hand to hand combat in house to house fighting. it would be one of the toughest missions yet. a part one mission

lurk?

10/?

next mission would be another two part mission. the americans staging their assault on guadalcannal, and the dieppe raid. the mission would somewhat favor the dieppe raid. another futile and brutal mission that would almost give up any hope of invading nazi occupied europe...

next mission would be the closing night of the second battle for el alemein. with you playing as a german troop retreating in the night being chased by british and american forces.

and then the second part of stalingrad, this time you play as the german forces in winter time, you are slower in movement, and the fighting is as bitter as ever. not so much house to house fighting anymore, but almost trench warfare as waves of soviets pound your position and likely another wave battle begins after a retreat. the wave battle ends in the encirclement of the german troops and the surrender of thousands. also, during the wave battle after a wave is sucsessfully held, you will jump to a stuka pilot or a supply aircraft dropping supplies over stalingrad or trying to take out tanks assaulting the german position. ultimately you see in the air soviet forces surrounding the germans, and eventually you are called off and return to the airstrip, and your control is put back into the germans fighting in stalingrad. this mission will be a sad one. you might even be told to make a makeshift barricade out of the frozen corpses of your comrades.

maybe a cutsceen of a certain body washing up on a certain spanish shorline and being discovered by a local fisherman.....