Be honest

Be honest

How many of you have canceled your Switch pre-orders?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-odyssey-development-is-considerably-finished-various-tidbits/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would I do that?

No games until holiday whatsover.

>Zelda
>Splatoon 2
>Arms
>Snipperclips
>Bomberman
>Dragon Quest
>Disegia 5
Inb4 the first too are Japan only
Region Free

If I'm planning on making a purchase so much so that I've already preordered a product, why the fuck would I cancel it.

If someone pre ordered a switch it's because they want one ASAP.

I can't wait to get mine and retire my 3DS for good.

That shit is the least ergonomic handheld of all time and hurts my hands any time I play it. Switch is going to be badass and comfy and run better quality of games as well. Honestly don't know why people shit on it.

Are you stupid? If that's why you hated it, I got some bad news about the switch.

I don't pre order things ever. All Nintendo has to do is put games on it and I will buy it. That is all they have to do make some fucking games. I have no doubt they will fuck this up.

it looks fun
>minecraft
>stardew valley
>mario
>splatoon
>zelda
all while under a blanket snuggling in a cute boys arms

Went to Gamestop early this morning and canceled it. The lady at GameStop told me that if I cancel now I won't be getting another one.

Oh well. Sorry that I have a Wii U and already own Mario Kart 8 with all DLC and about to get BotW

>Switch is going to be badass and comfy and run better quality of games as well. Honestly don't know why people shit on it.
Both you and the people who shit on it so hard confuse me in equal amounts.
I don't get how so many people can feel so strongly, one way or another, about a console they likely have never touched nor seen in person yet.
It mostly feels like overhype on the one side and contrarianism on the other. It's cool to be excited about something but already planning to retire something you currently own for something that, for all you know, is just as bad if not worse, is strange to me.

Nope, I still want Zelda and I am not a pirate nigger.

The only reason to pre order is because you'll be waiting a month or two to get your hands on it otherwise. If you do not want a launch title, you'll be fine, otherwise it's going to be a bit of a wait.

Is waiting 6 months the way to go? A likely price drop and more games seems like win/win

>Implying I pre-ordered it in the first place
I'll pick one up a year or so from now, once they slash the price and bundle it with something decent.

This. C-can I be your cutie?

people who want a switch are literally beta cock-socks

wew

sure~

Cancelled after BotW was confirmed to be 900p
Just gonna play on Wii U and wait it and see what happens with the Switch

Buying a console that only has 1 game is pretty retarded when that 1 game isn't even an exclusive

Yes, I pre-ordered 6 consoles

The preorders weren't even up until after the presentation, what possible news could anyone recieve that would change their mind

i prefer to be fucked in the ass by boys, not microsoft and sony

*POMF*
*Snuggles*
W-what are we gonna do under the blanket...? :3

Why did you cancel it? There will be a shortage on launch, you could have sold it for more

That the presentation wasn't an early april fool's joke

maybe not...

Can't cancel something you never had.

>$400
>1, 2 Switch not bundled
>No bundles at all
>No Charging Grip
>Paid online with one month rentals for games I already have on Wii U Virtual Console
>32GB of Storage
>Voice chat handled through an app
>Accessories, including an extra deck, Joycon controllers, Pro Controller, and charging grip are expensive as all hell
>Only one major launch title and a port for four months

Scalpers get scammed quite frequently, it's not worth the risk

I thought I'd scalp Wii U's too and they plummeted in price in just a few weeks after it was clear supplies weren't a problem, and I ended up returning several to stores. It's just not wroth the hassle

That would imply I pre-ordered one in the first place.

I'm still trying to get over those mc donalds kiddy meal controllers, payed online and Jew bucks accessories.

its 720p on wii u

>implying I even bothered preordering in the first place

more like JUSTendo

I cancelled for 3 reasons
1. Found a good deal on a used Wii U
2. Price might drop near holidays
3. Could only preorder the gray version

;_;

steam?

I am aware
900p is a pitiful upgrade though

>Spa2n isn't a launch title
>Paid online
JUST

theidiotdoctor

Thanks to Sup Forums I have cancelled my Nintendo Switch preorder and instead bought a Sony Playstation™ 4 with a copy of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End™.

How could I cancel it if I never preordered in the first place?

720p to 900p is the same difference as 900p to 1080p

you're both fucking queers

I've cancelled two pre-orders. One for me and one for my little cousin's birthday.

I cancelled my preorder once I found out that voice chat would be a fucking phone app, despite online being a paid service
Fuck nintendo, its only gonna get more jewish from here

You're trying to marginalize the difference between 720p and 1080p

The Switch version is not 1080p, it's not worth it. I'll pick it up eventually assuming it doesn't bomb

All the news?

>The expensive accessories
>32GB storage
>No Charging Grip
>No packaged game
>The dock does nothing but connect the Switch to the TV
>No Ethernet Port
>Paid online
>SNES and NES are just one month rentals

i was gonna pre order based off the trailer they showed in october and then decided not to based on the presentation on the 12th.

...Who cares?

added

Nope.

>Used to have a Wii U I never played
>Besides shit like paid online, I still felt like getting a Switch
>No reason to keep my Wii U around if it's just going to be a BotW machine, so I pre-ordered the Switch version as well

And that's about it.

I don't even miss my Wii U. Only game that was worth a damn is Smash, and Smash 4 is shit compared to Melee and Project M anyway, which both play extremely well on Dolphin.

So, I'm excited, yet worried, for the Switch.

900p is actually closer to 720p than 1080p.
720p to 900p is 518,400 more pixels
900p to 1080p is 633,600 more pixels

I was planning on getting one at launch, but after that underwhelming press conference, I'm just going to wait until Mayro Odyssey comes out. Or at least until you can easily find one in stores. I'm just going to get Zelda on my Wii U, I need new glasses, so I'm not going to notice the difference between 720p and 900p anyway.

>yet worried, for the Switch.
you should be

I'm not going to buy the first SKU, I'm pretty sure the Switch will have a yearly incremental upgrade just like the any mobile product cycle.

But they would've known that before preordering to begin with.

Yeah, I am.

I mean, I'm sure it'll sell more than the Wii U just based on name and marketing alone, but it just won't compete with the PS4 or Xbone.

I'm sure it'll be a great console (even the Wii U was great), but I don't expect it to do as well as Nintendo thinks it will, so this could very well be their last console.

And then... Nintendo will become a mobile app developer...

i doubt that, i'm sure they will do a newswitch at some point but my bet for now is that eventually they'll do a mobile switch sku without the dock and the grip.

Some people are impulsive and later come around to reason.

Cancelling a pre-order doesn't mean something new was revealed

Or they become third party and we could be playing Spla2n together on Steam in a few years.

Sounds like a good timeline desu.

This. I was going to preorder, then I heard paid online and fuck that with how gimped their online is. I'm not paying for that.

I convinced my lil brother to not (beg our parents to) buy the console Day One. He understands to buy BOTW for his WiiU, see if it's worth the hype, and ask for it for his birthday/Christmas.

Meanwhile I don't have to go in halfway and can continue saving up for a ps4.

You're probably responding to an ugly ass trap who doesn't shower.

Waiting on the Nintendo Switching

What did he meme by this?

>I'm sure it'll be a great console (even the Wii U was great)
That's the main problem really

I'm afraid of another Wii U, not because of the sales, but because of what the sales did. We got a bad first year (already happening with the Switch), then 2 mostly solid years of support, and a non-existent 4th year.

Most games that were revealed from the beginning were strung along through delays to make it seem like there was more content coming then there really was. Last year's holiday title became the next year's summer title, and it felt like we were never getting what we were promised. BotW is pretty much the epitome of this

That's why I don't buy Xenoblade2 coming this year at all. It would have a date if there was a chance in hell. 2018 for a Western release is even optimistic since Nintendo doesn't localize games with such massive scripts for global launches

I think they'd be pants on head retarded to delay Mario Odyssey into 2018 but I wouldn't put it past them at this point. The fact that it wasn't ready to be played yet is not a good sign at all.

I don't see Nintendo ever putting their IPs on other consoles or even PC. Nintendo will go where the money is in order to stay alive, and if Pokemon GO and Super Mario Run have taught them anything, it's that the mobile market is where the money is.

Not to mention that Nintendo's bread and butter for more than the past decade has been their handheld devices and games, so mobile games would be right up their alley.

Don't forget Snipperclips.

That's the best co-op game for two people to play while cuddling.

Why couldn't they do both?
They have the studios and talent, not to mention the IPs, for console games that would go terribly wasted on mobile. You couldn't put BotW on mobile. BotW would probably sell 20+ million units if it were a true multiplat. They'd be stupid to ignore that potential just because mobile games are cheap and dirty

Because it would take too much effort and money for the potential profits it would bring.

Instead, they could put less money and effort into a LttP style Zelda game for mobile, and make fucktons off of it.

Basically, if the Switch fails, I see them pulling a Konami, only while actually putting a bit more effort into their games and without all the pachinko machine nonsense.

buying it from the video game store right next to my apartment building. Haven't owned a nintendo console since the gamecube. I'm hyped.

pre-ordering is for the retarded

Can't cancel something that never existed.

Independent video games stores still exist?

Where is this?

Making a profit off of 12 million wii us is better than taking a loss on 54 million ps4s.

>effort into a LttP style Zelda game for mobile
As long as they continue to put out quality software then I really wouldn't be upset, that has always been their strong point anyways and honestly I really enjoyed my Wii U: Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8 made it worth the purchase alone.

I would like to see them support the Switch better though because the Wii U had a rough start and end in that regard.

you didnt deserve one now if your excuse is resolution, fucking faggot. Is this what gamers have actually come to? resolution over everything else? please, give me a fucking break

Scalper here, on the look out for people that canceled their preorders. I can make a pretty penny off of such idiots.

>using subtraction on one dimension to quantify differences in two dimensions

720p to 900p is not the same difference as 900p to 1080p.

720p to 1080p is a 2.25x increase. 720p to 900p is a 1.5625x increase. 900p to 1080p is a 1.44x increase. So in fact 900p is closer to 1080p than it is to 720p.

Makes a man kek doesn't it user?

I meant to say Xenoblade Chronicles X.

more kry than kek

I got three right now.

Two to scalp and one to keep with literally one game the entire year.

everyone that isn't a fucking faggot?

>you didnt deserve one now if your excuse is resolution, fucking faggot
It's not like I decided not to play the game because of resolution. I'm simply playing it on Wii U because a 180p bump is not worth $430 which is what it would cost to play the game with a normal controller. I'll stick to 720p, so it's actually quite the opposite.

I live in MN.

There's a bunch of them in chicago too. Mine is right next door though, has a good selection of retro shit, and cool people working there.

The producer of Mario Odyssey said that the game is mostly finished and the only reason it wasn't up for demo is because they prefered to hold it for later since it'll only be released later on.

nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-odyssey-development-is-considerably-finished-various-tidbits/

>Game runs at 720p 30 based on trailer footage
>Is mostly done

NINTENDO, WHY?

I've never pre-ordered anything in my life, fucking underage cancer practice.

>So in fact 900p is closer to 1080p than it is to 720p.
This is complete horseshit and it's abusing percentages and statistics to convey something that isn't true. It's like saying 14 is closer to 20 than 9 just because the jump from 9 is proportionally bigger to 9.

720p to 900p is 518,400 more pixels
900p to 1080p is 633,600 more pixels

Can't you guys see what Nintendo is setting up here? Every year they will release a new Switch tablet with more powerful hardware inside to upgrade your current Switch. BotW will eventually run at native 1080 60 fps by 2019

This needs to happen.

how's it feel being so poor you will never know how it feels to get something the first day

how's it feel not having anything worthwhile and that everything you owed people are like, look at this loser, he just got that finally, what a faggot

>Snipperclips
cmon son

Wouldn't doubt it
Their whole pricing model for this seems setup not to be reasonable but to extort people who they know will buy it at any price

Reporting, sir.

whats wrong with snipperclips?

it's hardly a noteworthy game
it belongs on wiiware

Preordered mine day 1, no I'm not canceling.

im cancelling other people's preorders now

False flag.

it's as equal or more noteworthy as bomberman

lmao