What went so right?

What went so right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qewTRj2BbK4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nintendo thought that if they made good games it would bring back developers and customers to their console. Little did they know at the time it was the faggy gimmicks that would do the trick.

>Paper backtrack bros

No wonder why people love this game so much. Its a decent game but Its inferior to the original.

They decided to build on the ideas of a previous entry instead of throwing everything away to implement gimmicks.

The main menu music for sure.

this. its just pm with some difficulty tweaks

Hardly any Toads.

>Starting Chapter 7

Fuck I never really liked this chapter, though it's not bad as 2.

Boi I'm loving this game so far, though I wish it was a harder. Ive just got the third star, it feels like it was showing its teeth a little more at the end so I guess next chapter is gonna be harder hopefully

Vivian

She thicc

this is correct.

they set out to make a sequel and kept the core instead of replacing it with ""NEW"" mechanics that most failed sequels do today.

they wanted to make a good game not a good hype train.

Thousand Year Door is good but the problems that would start to plague the series are taking shape. For example a much heaver emphasis on dialogue than level exploration

>she

>mfw Odyssey has original characters
>mfw miyamoto wanted to do 3d world 2 in the mushroom kingdom with shitty segmented levels, an overworld, and only mario characters
>mfw he got ignored and this can only be good news for the future of PM

That's Glitz Pit, right?

Hoo boy, user. Prepare your anus.

Nothing.
SMRPG was a god tier 10/10 and Paper Mario is kiddy shit that killed it because Nintenyearolds can't be trusted to handle numbers higher than 8 or challenge.

ok guys
>favorite level
>favorite boss
>favorite partner
>hopes for next game
>potential partner ideas when they inevitably return to the RPG formula

>Miyamoto will die and it will be very sad
>But nintendo is on the cusp of nostalgiafaggotry forcing them to remember that they used to have good ideas
>And the new administration will be forced to recognize western markets more

Hmm.

Paper Mario
>Shy Guy Toybox
>Tubba Blubba
>Parakarry, he was a blue collar guy

>TTYD
>Motherfuckin' Glitz Pit or The Moon
>Doopliss tied with Bowser & Kammy
>Definitely Goombella or my boy Yoshi (fucking chuggaaconroy had the best fuckin name for him back in the day, Scrap should be the canon name)

Overall my hopes for the next game is that we get a hard reset to the TTYD formula even though I adore SPM

And I think either a tough guy Pianta partner or a spunky Hammer Bro. chick (Hammer Sis?) would be fun.

>it's another PMfag spouts horseshit that Miyamoto didn't do because he's still assblasted about Color Splash which was literally Tanabe's fault
toad is miyamoto's least favorite mario character

Goombella, mostly. She's pretty well written.

Nintendo and their second party developers actually do a pretty solid job on JRPGs.

Castle Bleck
Bowser (Palace of Shadow)
Bobbery
Dunno
none
I never actually played the first one

Who /dimentiopost/?

tanabe was trying to appease miyamoto. hopefully he gets the fucking boot too.
you know what miyamoto hates more than toad? original character and enemie races as friendly npcs.

honestly TTYD and SPM were good enough on their own that you don't need to

i used to be a huge dimentio fan and then i realized I was a shithead

my nigga get on that shit right now

SPM was garbage.

Gamecube was too good for this fucking world

No Miyamoto interference

Yeah man, from what you're saying then it gets harder. Sweet, can't wait.

>Glitz Pit
>Dooplis
>Vivian
>Bring back some old companions for quests and shit
>A Lakitu partner. Hasn't been done yet and it would sick.

Just dont upgrade your health

it doesn't really if you don't go out of your way to make it harder yourself.
the pit of 100 trials is hard if you don't grind up way too high for it

>mfw miyamoto wanted to do 3d world 2 in the mushroom kingdom with shitty segmented levels, an overworld, and only mario characters
Any sauce on that?

Alright I'll do that and then use goombella as my only companion, hopefully that'll spice things up.
You know I'm lucky I managed to pick this up for 60 quid, cause this game now costs almost 100 on eBay.

The big upgrade over the n64 version was the stage play aesthetic to battles. It looks amazing.

>A Lakitu partner. Hasn't been done yet and it would sick.
>Who is Lakilester?

Where are you getting this information from because in this interview he seems very proud of the direction Odyssey is taking.

youtube.com/watch?v=qewTRj2BbK4

Not the level design, that's for sure.

That's the truth man

Super Mario Odyssey looks nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w

First Paper Mario had superior level design.