Is this the Zelda-killer or the Xenoblade killer?

This looks to be the RPG of the year either way desu.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon_Zero_Dawn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would an rpg be a Zelda killer?

>rpg

come on now

open world , ancient civilization with machines , mystery. similar themes desu.

>from the same company that brought you the "Halo killer"
Has there ever been a good game marketed like this? I remember Haze being called the same thing too, and that game ended a company.

>rpg

>rpg

Sony and the devs said it was an open world rpg. They have several ex-CD Project devs working on it too.

The Forza series was supposed to be a Gran Turismo killer and they turned out great

>RPG

Sony and the devs said it was an open world action RPG.

so why do you feel the need to false flag this game

>RPG

It's ubisoft tier trash.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon_Zero_Dawn
Horizon Zero Dawn is an upcoming action role-playing video game

Lol. I actually saw them climb the tower to unlock the map in one of the gameplay demos.

Characters design and art make me want to throw up. Gameplay looks boring. Into the trash where you belong

so is zelda

More of a Xenoblade Killer, it is shaping up to be everything we could want from an story perspective.

>action rpg
So not a real RPG, just a b-but you can chose what she wears! RPG

What is with this open world tower unlock fetish developers have? Let me discover things by actually moving off the path and exploring.

Probably as much of an RPG as Tomb Raider is.

The definition for what make a game an rpg has gotten pretty broad nowadays.
Is NBA 2K16 a Sports RPG because you roleplay as a basketball player?

What would ex CDPR devs know about making a rpg ?

>He plays SJW western trash

BOTW and Xenoblade 2 look far better and i dont even plan on playing them because fuck Nintendo

A little too similar. One might even go so far as to say derivative.

nothing about the game is sjw

>game 1 is game 2-killer
>they don't even remotely belong in the same genre

Elaborate. What is everything "we" could want?

Of course it's sjw. It has a female protagonist and it's not anime, that's bound to hurt Sup Forums.

>open world
>crafting
>tower climbing
No thanks.

>western

It's the killed

This is gonna be the next disappointment when the visual downgrades and almost 30fps framerates start piling up.
Enjoy your screenshot box.

>female protag

gaaaayyyy

lol

why do idiots like this think japs dont play western games

Sup Forums Doesn't like female protagonists now because it's 'a part of the sjw agenda', that includes games like.

1. Bayonetta
2. Gravity Rush
3. Tomb Raider

All of you faggots pretending like there can't be a female fronted video game that's good should just die in a fire, it'll end your sad pathetic existence and make the grazing fields more roomy for the rest of us.

>1. meme game
>2. irrelevant game
>3. shit game

FACT: You can't name 1 (one) good game with a female protag, you cuckold nerd.

>is this brandnew, unproven IP the thing thats going to topple a dynasty that is so embedded in video games culture that it literally cant fail

Sure, fuck it.

What the fuck is with the Neofag SJW shills recently? Literally nobody thinks this shit looks good outside of that hugbox.

>it's a "it's sjw because it's not senran kagura" episode

No... but it will be the Bomberman R killer

It will kill only it's own ip.

>Guerilla
>a talented game developer
Pick one. It'll be shit just like every Killzone game. It'll be visually impressive and utter trash to play.

To be fair, the NBA 2K series has more devotion to in depth role playing mechanics than most actual RPGs. It's basically just a normal RPG with basketball games instead of battles.

the only place that thinks this is Sup Forums

Bayo is great but Gravity Rush is mediocre and Tomb Raider is godawful.

Hopefully it's the Guerilla Games killer.

Tired of them hyping shit up with bullshit trailers and then delivering turds of games.

this

IDK

All of their games get a lot of hype on releaase and look pretty but everyone agrees the gameplay was mediocre a few months later. It seemed the killzone games fall of the earth when hype dies down.

Metroid.

>RPG
upgrading weapons doesn't make it an RPG, m8

That's because everywhere outside Sup Forums drinks the marketing Kool-Aid that claims every game from Sony is going to be the best game ever. Remember when people were hyping up Knack? I bet you think the new God of War is going to be good too. Naive.

Is this objectively GOTY 2017?

I mean. It'll definitely be better than that horizon game

no it doesnt

Rate this costume out of 10

I don't even know what this game is called, is sony's marketing team still on holiday leave? I vaguely remember seeing some shit about it at E3 and then nothing until this thread. That means the game is awful and they're trying to sweep it under the rug, or they're going for the WiiU approach and hoping that the planets align and somehow people without knowing a single thing about it buy it by the millions.

It's definitely worth looking forward to, unlike a game from a developer that has only ever made boring, bland "Halo-killers"

Please. Sup Forums was hyped as fuck when killzone 3 was announced. Everyone was speculating how awesome the story will be and then we got a turd of a fps where the cool guys get fucked completely by a fucking nigger.

It's about cavemen fighting dinosaur robots. It's going to be a bland monster hunter clone mixed with a bland ubisoft clone.

That's what always bugged me about the killzone games. The Hellgans are obviously the good guys. So why the fuck are the devs making you play as space-america and turning the hellgans into space-nazis? What the fuck?

Best post.

Alright we're done here.

There's too much I just don't like about this game.
1. Enemy variety looks minimal
2. Combat looks piss easy 1-button dodge everything shit, one of the few issues I also had with Nier Automata demo
3. Environment looks boring after a while, reminds me of AC3s Frontier which was shit
And lastly
4. Story sounds boring and character design is a rip-off of Heavenly Blade's protagonist but with more furry coats and fluffier hair

Not interested and I own a PS4. Nier Automata and Ni-oh will be better buys.

literally worse than boobplate/10.
>wont keep her warm
>leaves soft fleshy bits exposed to be shredded on metal
>impractical cape-like thing that won't provide warmth or protection from wind or precipitation
>ears are not covered
>random blue sash because fashion is soooo important
>useless chest 'armor' that doesn't protect and hampers mobility
>ripping off final fantasy's obsession with slapping belts everywhere on the character, but replace belts with blue rope shit
whoever designed this needs to be dragged out back and shot alongside the JRPG designers. I'm shocked she doesn't have spiked hair coming out from under that helmet.

Its a generic third person shooter. Its not killing anything. Theres nothing good about it. It looks nice but what third person shooter doesnt.
Cant wait to fire arrows all day in the same manner all the time. Cant wait for a linear "open world" game.

I like it / 10. Nice color scheme, mask, climbing rope-looking decoractions and fur.
Then again i've got a huge boner for hunter make-it-yourself attire.

>MH clone
really? it looks like it'd play like asscrud but with big enemies instead of human-sized ones, filled with cinematic part/limb removals and takedowns.

neither and it's not even an rpg
honestly zero horizon looks really cool but everyone knows it's gonna get bogged down with the same AAA dogshit design like all the others

its really funny how you idiots are so scared of this game you need to make threads like this its so sad

I remember hearing something about it trying to be an MH clone but that might have just been sony marketing bullshit trying to appeal to every audience under the sun.

Neither. It's hopefully the Guerilla Games killer. There's no reason this shitty developer should be alive this long.

I'm much more willing to believe the latter.

>Shoulderplate, chestplate, boot-plates, and vambraces, all of which cover extremely little of the frame
>Fur cape because style baby, not even sufficient breadth to cover the body and provide warmth
>Long wild hair, but for some reason she has well-maintained bangs and hair accents for...what reason exactly?
>Helmet doesn't have a visor, and only serves to protect her from falling debris
>Knee-length coat but no actual leg covering
>Nice aesthetic detail with the blues and greens, but as a wild hunter, these bright blues will contrast heavily with the green grass and brown dirt she'd be under
I hate unrealistic armor that maintains its "ugly realism" visuals more than anything else. Literally the worst of both worlds. Weeb clothes/armor looks as stylish as the devs want, all sense of believability/realism be damned. GOOD Western armor at least has a reason it looks the way it does. This garbage is just hideous. 2/10. At the very minimum, it isn't Bioshit-tier poorly designed.

Holy Shit.
So BotW is basically Far Cry without guns?

Horizon: Zero Dawn is just going to be go x and kill x, ad nauseam. That's not replacing Zelda.

Its so much more than far cry.

I can't even tell if this is a false flagging thread or not, but either way all the shitposting has motivated me to pre-order this,

3 minutes in to the game and we see Aloy explain to a scared man that she isn't afraid of shit.

You mean Far Cry Primal?

>20 hours long
It's the self-killer.

Don't forget she basically say shes an athiest

>hot body
>man face
what did they mean by this?

The concept appeals to me and I'd like for it to be good but I have zero faith in AAA games as of now. I'll be waiting for positive player reception and a decent sale if I ever get it at all.

>le generic ubishit style open world """""game""""" with a strong womyn main character

How many of these shill threads do you plan on making Sonypony?

These retards are so confused that they went from a native cutie to a manface hair pulled back protag.

The left is eating itself

Beyond Good and Evil.

Final Fantasy VII-XII.

Faggot.

>Putting in this much effort to talk shit about a single piece of armor in a game

Jesus, you faggots really ARE scared this game's going to be a success. Don't worry. It will be.

Part 1. Last of Us
Part 2. Bloodborne
Part 3. Horizon

Sony's next big shit-stirring behemoth is almost upon Sup Forums. Can't wait.

This game doesn't look as fun as BotW does. Also, I don't like how the protag looks. Link is more attractive than her.

you don't get it, you use swords and it's open world. That's what makes it an RPG.

then Sup Forums is right

how would you even know what other places think? get the fuck out of here and go there then

rip off monster hunter much?

fucking western bioware face, did they get a visit from anita like naughty dog

>Zelda-killer
Remember when Killzone 2 was going to be the Halo killer? Yeah...

You kids gonna be very bummed out when you keep on posting PC screenshots

Horizon looks like a mindless piece of shit, it's not going to kill anything

You do bring up a good point; sony acts like 90s Sega advertising against Xbox, PC or Nintendo, but almost always comes up short.

Let's be clear, Tomb Raider went to shit after the "muh edge, muh realism" reboot. I want snarky, witty female "Indiana Jones" with prominent assets, not flatchested crying bitch.

Fucking hell, I'm going to bite: Super Metroid.

I remember being annoying because the bitch didnt cease to stop. Fuck, it annoys me in game trailers when it's only ONE big narration instead of just tiny pieces to tease and peak your interest.