Apparently this mediocre game is coming to Switch by Rockstar

Apparently this mediocre game is coming to Switch by Rockstar

Is anyone even excited for this?

>Not GTA V instead

>Is anyone even excited for this?

>implying GTA V is better than LA No ear

Rockstar sucks in general but LA noire is the only thing they did right

I never played it what's wrong with it? It's still like $20 at EB Games used for some reason

>[glass him]

A six year old port of a game that released for the previous generation. Maybe the Switch will be able to play it on max settings.

>Let's port an extremely old game so it won't sell and pretend that this was our best effort to support Nintendo so we don't have to anymore

Guess the company Sup Forums

Let me see

Huge open world game but bland and uninteresting as fuck, you can't do anything fun

Very few third shooting actions

boring and predictable plot

etc.

Every time Sup Forums says a game is shit I like it like assassins creed 3 but when they say it's good like assassins creed 4 or some anime shit I hate it

I wouldn't say it's terrible but it's not the best thing either

It's just a boring GTA game, you can't do anything fun and you only interview people.

You can't blame them, devs are obviously testing the waters.

Switch is a hit or miss right now, there's tons of skepticism right now.

True, maybe I'll watch a DSP video of it he's funny :)

It still seems like wasted effort to point games that are this old instead of the more recent ones. I'd like to see Doom but instead we're getting Skyrim: The Same Shit Edition? Gee thanks guys.

I'm pressing square to doubt that this is coming to the Switch

I loved this game, especially since a police officer will most likely be my future career. There was a few times where I actually felt like I was playing a realistic police officer/ detective. The only thing that broke my immersion was the massive gunfights involving Phelps killing 20 guys with a Tommy gun all by himself. No living cop can do that.

>It's not a GTA game and it doesn't try to be retard. It's all about interesting characters and dialogues.

You can't say it's boring compared to GTA because they aren't even the same kind of games

this game is awesome though

source

There is no way you could have predicated that some random bartender you talked to once was responsible for multiple murders and almost got away with it.

>Huge open world game but bland and uninteresting as fuck, you can't do anything fun

its not about doing side missions or going to the gym like in GTA, it's about doing detective's work. That's what the game is about
>Very few third shooting actions
who gives a fuck about those, go play GTA
>boring and predictable plot
not really

It's an alright game but porting over 6-8 year old games, charging full price and calling it 3rd party support is fucking retarded. Get your fucking shit together Nintendo. No one wants this shit.

I've playe it for a few hours, is the entire game a series of short unrelated stories or will there be like the big story at some point?

Is it bad? I bought it for 108yens.

no

Look, i liked the interviews, but the investigation was babie's first point and click, the driving was atrocious bad and the shooting was one of the most generic i ever seen.

The game is flawed in many, many ways. It has potential, a sequel / spiritual successor could work, but you have to fix all those issues.

It's solid but they completely fucked it by having their mo cap actors act like a 2 year old lying about eating a cookie before dinner, in the interrogation parts. Could have been a 8.5/10 but that makes it a 6.5

>its not about doing side missions or going to the gym like in GTA, it's about doing detective's work. That's what the game is about

The game had a very huge open world and i think it was kinda unnecessary for this kind of game, you spend most of the time driving in the whole game

>who gives a fuck about those, go play GTA

If you play as a detectuve/cop you would expet some consistent action scenes but you just find a generic third person shooting game and that's it

>not really

Well yeah, the plot isn't that bad but cutscenes can be very long and boring

It's a solid 7/10 game.

>source: my black asshole

Also, the dialogue is fucking surreal, even if you try to imagine it was in the forties

>15 year old girl is drugged and almost murdered, weak in the hospital
>I interview her, but she clearly is afraid of telling the whole tale, so i doubt
>"you little bitch better tell me the truth otherwise its you who is gonna go arrested"
>Inverview score: Perfect, you didn't missed any face cue, everything went as the devs expected.

God, watching Bobbin Threadbare's LP of this game was hilarious.

Speaking of which, am I seriously the only person on Sup Forums who watches that guy?

>>I interview her, but she clearly is afraid of telling the whole tale, so i doubt
>>"you little bitch better tell me the truth otherwise its you who is gonna go arrested"
this alone puts it in the top 20 best games ever made
can't do shit like this in vidya anymore

It's been in my backlog, stopped playing it months ago. Also it's funny how I got it.
>At FUCKING Gamestop
>waiting in line to pre order some shit
>guy in front of me is selling PS3 games
>"All right, that's be $xx.xx, but you want to just keep L.A. Noire? We can only give you 5 cents for it."
>guy keeps it and takes the money for other games
>get out of line to go ask him for it since I've always wanted to play it
>"hey man, you want to get rid of that game?"
>"yeah I'm trying to get a couple dollars"
>"how much would you give to me?"
>"idk say a price"
>"$3 sounds good?"
>"yeah sure man, I even have the photo reel it comes with"
>I got L.A. Noire for $3
>Play it for a couple hours and stop because muh backlog
I should really play it again, love the dialogue with the Mexican guy the supposedly killed his wife.

Yep but it was still more interesting and has more replay value than GTA5.

Wait hold on, the driving was fucking awesome. Fuck off.

Anyway you're right, a sequel would have been fucking awesome. It would have been just like Assassin's Creed 2 was to AC1; AC1 was an alright game that was flawed as fuck, AC2 was the same game but fleshed out with all the problems eradicated, and it was a great game as a result.

>rockstar announces they have a project for the switch
>everyone rumors la noire
why?
The original dev studio for it is dead, the game doesnt even work on ps3 anymore.
It doesnt make sense for them to assemble a new team to port it, and if they actually did do that what the hell are they thinking?

I think that doubt was originally called coerce which is why phelps just insults everyone with it.

>the game doesnt even work on ps3 anymore.
What now? I just played it like month sgo.

If Nintendo has ANY idea of what they're doing they're going to get Rockstar to port GTAV at a low price point. It'd probably have to be a mix of the last gen and current gen versions, but it'd garner a lot more interest than L.A. Noire.

rockstar didn't make this game, they swooped in and forced open world garbage like car collecting

The problem of the game was Rockstar interaction. We're missing 2 chapters between Homicide and Traffic that actually would explain shit a lot better. Also the interview system got changed in the last minute, it was supposed to be "Believe/Doubt/Press", that's why Phelps go so mental with the evidence presented cause he wants to press the confesion out of the person

>the game doesnt even work on ps3 anymore.
What ?

He probably means the overarching plot, which was pretty obvious early in the game. Some of the individual cases were pretty good, though.

Last I heard, one of the ps3 firmware updates broke the game.
Rockstar must have fixed it since then.

>which was pretty obvious early in the game
I refuse to believe anyone could follow that mess of a story

But some of the cars are fucking sweet. Not much to do with them, but they look cool and drive fast.

>Switch is getting a six-year-old game
Why? I'm serious, what's the fucking point? The console sounds like it's going to be a Zelda and Splatoon machine and nothing more.

Great game. Don't let the contrarians on Sup Forums distract you. 9/10 when this shithole board hates a game, it's actually pretty good. Actually bought it on PC recently and it's still as good as I remember, just wish that Rockstar was able to make it 60 FPS, but the mocap made it impossible or something along those lines IIRC.

You don't play many investigations games do you?
It's extremely mediocre

>the driving was atrocious bad
is just like gtav...
oh

It wasnt bad.
It wasn't good
I let my partner drive and missed all those side stuff

So the Switch is catching up to previous gen of the PS3 and 360 era?

I LIKE YOUR ASS