That pretentious-ass ending

>that pretentious-ass ending
>that ugly as sin logo

Wew, get your head out of your ass, Tabata.

How was it pretentious?

I hope Tabata makes every Final Fantasy game from now on just to piss you fags off.

I'll give you the logo being ugly, but pretentious?

Because it literally fits the definition of pretentious to a tee.

ITT: Buzzwords

>pretentious
You don't know what that word means.
It was arguably the best ending in FF even if the rest of the story was clearly rushed as fuck.

what's the definition of pretentious

the logo without noctis is prettier IMO

however, the final fantasy XIII logo is still the most hideous

Nice explanation. Just restate your opinion.

it's not pretentious it's a very simple and old concept - the lovers who can only be together when they sleep.

if you weren't a philistine PLEB the humdrum normie dog-brain, you would get it.

>2017

>heterosexual love is pretentious

Thanks Obama

It tries way, WAY too hard to be sad and tragic. Beats you over the head with it with self-sacrifice, licensed sad vocal music, and then an out of place sad scene from earlier in the game that was off-camera that didn't fit with the way the characters act either before or after the event.

And then instead of showing the future of the world whose condition was drastically changed with the 10 year timeskip that you didn't get to experience or see, you see a nonexistant afterlife scenario of Noctis marrying Luna with no words exchanged and Luna having had maybe less than an hour of screentime in the game.

I hope not, because it was rubbish. Believe it or not, I want games to actually be good, I don't hope for them to be failures and disappointments.

No, better ending would be for Noctis to survive alone. He's spent his whole life running from responsobilities, and then in the end he can just die and be with Luna happily ever after?
No, he should have lived, had to learned to cope with loss, and what the world had become.

The amount of character establishment and character investment they thought they had created was close to almost nothing in reality. The average player spends about 15-20 minutes with Luna and maybe an hour with Ardyn. And none of it is meaningful. You're almost being forced to like them/dislike them. Nothing about it is natural.

In their heads, they thought you would be very attached and invested in the story by the time the ending came around. So they Reality is we're not.

>yoshitaka amano logo
>ugly

I just hate how long the menu takes to load

Old one was fine. New one is an incoherent mess.

I felt nothing for the ending. I didn't care about the characters, I didn't care about the "self-sacrifice" because I didn't care about the characters. Everything past chapter 8 was the worst.

The noctis addition looks shoehorned as hell and he looks like floating manlet.

It was better without him.

>heterosexual love

If Noct is supposed to be straight they did a poor job of doing so. As it stand it's like seeing a "relationship" between a guy and his big-sister-figure babysitter.

It wasn't pretentious though it was great, and that logo change was awesome.

>that pretentious ending
>translation: "Luna and Noctis die at the end and I was triggered! Make a happy ending Tabata!

So basically you have shit taste and didn't understand anything.

Luna had as much screentime as Zelda does in your average Zelda game but I don't see you getting triggered about her.

I don't know nothing about anybody besides Cidney

>that fucking logo
>XV-kun once tried to tell me it was one of the best in the entire series
>he tried to me it was better than the original

God damn how can one person be so blinded by fanboyism

>can't defend XV
>immediately goes to accuse other games

This is your average XV fan.
Also, let's assume Zelda is guilty of the same thing. Then why is it ok for XV to do it? And FF always has a larger emphasis on the story. You'd think they wouldn't want to make the same mistake as Zelda.

So basically you are just shitposting because XV does it but it's OK when other games do it. You are just pulling shit out of your ass, no real argument.

It is one of the best logos.

Where the fuck did I complain about Luna? Tabata was trying to do his usual thing of going for tragic ending, but as usual, he half-assed it.

That's bullshit and you know it. The Zelda timeline shit exists specifically because Zelda is a story focused series.

What is this, Mass Effect 3? People complained that ending was stupid and made no sense, and all the journos took it as "People are whining because they can't be with their waifu! They want wish-fulfilment happy ending!"

>a "relationship" between a guy and his big-sister-figure babysitter.

that's kinda hot 2bqhfamalam

>Bowl noodles instead of Cup Noodles®

Sacrilege. I bet you don't even freshest ingredients to bring out the intense flavor of Nissin brand Cup Noodles®.

But it wasn't half assed since it was a successful tragic ending with more emotional impact than any other FF ending has ever had.

>It is one of the best logos.
No it is not.

But XVs ending is good and makes proper sense because you are given all the context and necessary info to understand it.

>pretentious

itt: millennials can't enjoy anything

Yes it is.

Sure, it had emotional impact. But it wasn't good kind like "oh, that's so tragic and sad", but rather "this is stupid and makes me upset" kind.
So if you measure quality of ending only with how strong the emotions were then sure, I suppose it was good. But you're not taking actual emotions it brings up into account at all.

You're given most of it sure, but they never let it sit so you process it. The story moves at a lightning bolt pace. Some chapters are literally 15 minutes long.

Fuck, if this game got one thing wrong its the line where immersion gets in the way of fun:

>fast travel only from car
>one hunt at a time
>only cooking at campfires
>limited magic usage before you need to make a new spell
> Rent a chocobo for limited days at a time
> All of the fucking unnecessary waiting for travel/dialogue.

Goddamn. I don't give a fuck how pretty your world looks, let me skip past all this shit.

fuck, SE. Its not fucking hard to make a game fun.

No it was tragic because it was sad and you had an emotional connection to the party, which made the final campfire scene hit even harder. There was nothing stupid about anything there. You sound like you have literal autism and are trying to get a rise out of people by spouting buzzwords and shitposting against the consensus that it was a good and sad ending because people had emotional attachment to the party.

If you look at it about how it conveys important elements of the story, I suppose it gets the job done. Luna and Noctis are both important.
But in that case, Final Fantasy VII logo for example could be just Aerith and Cloud instead of the meteor. Or any game could just have main characters in the logo. But they don't do that, because they actually have tangible elements they can use instead of just characters. What else could FFXV logo be, the Regalia?

You are given plenty of time to process things. The only chapter that short is chapter 11.

You only like cup noodles because that tiny cup makes your baby hands look huge.

After game came out, people kept on arguing whether Noctis was dead or alive, and what actually happened to bros in the end. If audience has to argue about fate of main characters shown in the ending, it's not clear at all.

How is FF13's logo hideous?

That's because Tabata pulled that "interpret it as you please" crap.

if it were pretentious it would be something really gay, considering how academics are obsessed with homosexuality with race-mixing featuring a black transexual muslim or something.

a simple romance between a man and woman of the same race is about as conventional and traditional as it gets

>you had an emotional connection to the party
Do you? Their backstories are brushed to side as soon as they come up, their impactful events happen off-screen, and most of your interactions with them are from banter. Good banter, mind, but it's still very shallow interaction. You're told these guys are bros, so they are bros. It doesn't go very deep.

This is just one example:
>Prompto reveals his secret
>Noctis and gang just brush it off
>Never brought up again
>Move right on to next plot point

Here's another:
>Finally wake up in the world of ruin
>exposition dumped on you about state of the world, Cid, Iris, and Cidney
>after quick pit stop at Hammer Head, you're off to the next plot point

These moments are literally never given any moment to sit. It's just brought up and you're supposed to accept it and move on. They're cool ideas, but pretty meaningless with the way they were executed. There are plenty more examples

8 uses Squall and Rinoa, 10 uses Yuna, 4 uses Kain or Golbez, 1 uses Wol, 2 uses Emperor, 3 uses OK, 11 and 14 both use a large assortment of people to represent the people playing, 6 uses Terra in magitek armor, 13s is fang and vanille holding up cocoon, 12 is gabranth, 5 is Tycoons winddrake. 15 is Luna and Noctis dead with Leviathan there and their clothes swooping around in opposite directions.

Only 7 and 9 just shows an object with the meteor and the crystal.

I've actually always like it. I love the colors. They go well with the game.

>a simple romance

What kind of romance is being pushed into a marriage of convenience with a girl that you haven't seen physically since you were both children and you're basically just really close penpals.

They all die but it's subtle so the babies don't get depressed and hate it on reaction.

It's like the sages in Ocarina of Time, Tabata's favorite game which is why there's literally an ice cavern, death mountain, time travel mechanic, and a big boss that inhales explosives.

Honestly my only major gripe with the game. Not even mgsv had a fucking stamina bar.

...Sorry. I'm a dumbass.

>what kind of romance is an arranged marriage

the traditional kind that's been round centuries longer than modern hook-up culture the jews gave us

Sorry but retards who didn't pay attention =/= majority. Everyone who actually payed attention knower Noctis is dead because Bahamut literally says Noctis will have to sacrifice his life and we see Noctis sacrifice his life. To anyone who played it it should have been obvious that the campfire scene happened before they went to Insomnia.

A messy cluttered logo for a shitty linear game that has nothing to do with Final Fantasy :^)

>almost 7 weeks since release
>140 hours in 2 playthroughs
>countless threads about its flaws and charms
>Switch hype/shitposting at full steam
>2017 game rush starting
>won't be able to have comfy FFXV threads anymore

What can I say? You guys were the best.

>the traditional kind

The kind where you marry a woman to either get heirs, get her parents' wealth, or both?

Was I only one sad when the Regalia died? Kinda surprised by how heartbroken I was.

;_;7

I know this is bait and you're angry that people don't quite like XV's logo like you hoped they would

XIII's is kind of messy, but in an elegant way. Like as if it's a snapshot of it in motion.

You feel their friendship from the onset of the game and everything you do in the game with them builds them up to you as your friends. There is backstory things in there but it doesn't matter if it delves deep into that or not. You get a connection to them through the whole game. If you rushed through the game doing nothing but the main quest then you obviously don't care about the whole experience to begin with.

Nah, fuck that car.

And doubly fuck the Type F.

Real talk. I've been eating more cup noodles lately, I think I've been brainwashed by the game.

Goddamn Black Pepper Crab and Spicy Seafood are amazing flavors for noodles.

I tried to cup noodle but failed. It's Maruwhatever.

People are more likely to cooperate with one another when they don't have a choice.

when you turn coupling into something as mundane as "trying to get the best deal at Walmart" you've made a mistake.

Noctis and Luna's love is pure and based on hopes and dreams that never came to pass.

I've eaten a lot of cup noodles just by virtue of being a poor college student

it's tasty but really not healthy for you

I actually kind of ruined the scene for myself. I had it painted Ricer-green with a solid white line down the middle like a counterfeit Shelby.

So it cut from the elegant, regal-looking Regalia in the flashback to a fucked-up, badly done Honda Shitvic mod.

Hell, I ruined a lot of FFXV for myself inadvertently and on purpose. I picked a picture of Iris after the Regalia thing. Know it'd pay off for lulz later, but didn't expect it to pay off that well.

No shit.

Why would they need to dwell on it? He brings it up, they tell him what they think, and they move on. Why does it need to be brought up again when they just said they don't care where he's from because he's on of the group, he's their friend that's all they care about, Noctis even says Prompto never treats him like royalty so why would Noctis treat him any different because of where he's friend?

And if you camp at hammerhead you get new dialog from the party telling you about stuff like Gladio going to get married or Ignis has been cooking for Cid and his cooking is even better than before according to Prompto. Just because you can rush doesn't mean you have to rush.

How did we go from a simple meteor to this overdesigned shit?

The only thing that brings down FFXV is the lackluster story. It was was some bullshit. It's the BvS of video games.

That's how people communicated in the old times between loved ones.

Yeah, I got that feeling too. She treated him more like a little brother than a lover. The same could be said the other way around.

>like Gladio going to get married

I still have yet to get this convo. All I ever get is Gladio talking about his girlfriend and how he likes to keep it real with the ladies. Then Iggy and Prompto are like "I guess we still won't be meeting her any time soon."

the ending was great though and ardyn was well written

it even looked like it was crying

People wrote letters, but they also fucked and showed a sexual attraction towards each other. It's like watching a five year old's idea of what a husband and wife are.

I disagree. There isn't anything wrong with the story content, it's all actually really good. The problem comes from story telling, the story rushes towards the latter parts.

Have you ever seen a final fantasy logo? They literally all look like that

Exactly, they were kids when they met and they still maintain that pure relationship as adults.

Prompto asks Noctis if he can take some lewd photos of Luna posing and Noctis gets pissed at Prompto. So there is some sexual attraction.

He's not talking about the logo

My problem with Luna is that I never had any reason as a player to be attached with her before Ardyn kills her. You see her in less than a handful of flash backs and you write a few messages into a book. For some reason stupid reason she always has to be one step ahead of you waking up the summons or some stupid shit that doesn't explain why she just can't be with your party so her character can be more directly built instead of vague mentions of her.

Also why wouldn't they attack Ardyn as soon as they found out who he was after the titan fight when he is exposed? I mean sure it's very nice of him allowing you ride on his imperial ship and "help" you out at some points, but the country for which he is a chancellor just back stabbed your kingdom, killed your father/king, and burned your city. You should have taken every opportunity to attack him when you had a chance instead of letting him play you like a damn fiddle.

I wish I could tell Prompto to stop bitching and moaning at every little thing. Yes the road trip is long, yes we are sleeping under the stars again, yes it is hot. And I wish I could tell him just one time that I don't give a fuck about his photos instead of having to say "no" every time he brings it up.

Gladio and Ignis were bros though and I really liked them. It was bullshit Ignis could only cook at a camp. Also I wish Gladio had a better skill than "survival". Its kinda passive unlike fishing, photography, and cooking. Also wish we got more Iris.

The scene in the astral realm was cool. Somnus Ultima is probably my favorite track on the OST.

How is it pretentious, you fucking gay nigger from outer space?

So, let me see if I got this. The Old Ghost Kings stab themselves into Noct so they could use his dead body/soul as a vessel into the Astral Realm so they could battle ardyn there. Is that what happened?

>there's some sexual attraction because he doesn't want to see lewds of Luna

The only person who seems attracted to pussy in the whole game is Prompto.

Prompto's so cute.

>Also why wouldn't they attack Ardyn as soon as they found out who he was after the titan fight when he is exposed?

Doesn't Noctis constantly bring this up and isn't he usually shot down with a "Well we need his help to get ourselves out of this pickle Noct so just play nice for now" kind of excuse?

I don't get why people say this.

People always make a big deal out of Zelda but she had arguably even less screentime than Luna has in various Zelda games and in some cases about the same. Their roles are also similar in that they are princesses with light powers with a connection to the hero and most of the game is offscreen in the background, you hear NPCs talk about them and get just a few interaction with them if any. If people can get attached to Zelda's then I see no reason why people can't with Luna for the same reason.

The ending was okay at best. Nothing spectacular, but how in the fuck was it pretentious at all?

But your arguement falls flat once you realize that the timeline is really only for the die hard fans. Every Zelda game stands perfectly fine on it's own story wise and you don't need to play any of the games before it to get it.

XV is a mess. You have to be wearing the thickest rose tinted glasses on the planet to think otherwise.

May as well post the rest of these.