ITT: turn your overall perceptions on this console into a number form

ITT: turn your overall perceptions on this console into a number form

I say 6/10

>don't care about mobile capabilities a whole lot as I will never play it outside, although I could see myself using the 'off-screen' play ability in bed like I did with Wii U
>games look fun but they aren't coming out in timeframe that is really 'great'
>Arms looks really fun, when I first heard about it I thought it would be a gimmick waggle game, but gameplay changed my mind
>BOTW looks GOAT ofc, but it's on the Wii U
>Odyssey looks nice, but I have to see more and hear more about the gameplay
>Splatoon 2 looks rehash tier
>graphics are 360/PS3 tier which is AIDS tier for $300

I'll probably get it in like 2 or so years

>I'll probably get it in like 2 or so years

No you won't

5/10.

One step forward, two steps back, at every turn.

Software was the strongest part of that presentation. I mean, it's telling when a fucking Parental Controls video
TRENDS
ON
YOUTUBE

yeah I will, provided I'm not dead broke or something horrible ends up happening to the switch

I won't get one, the 2ds and PSP fill my needs for mobile gaming perfectly and it is horrendously overpriced as a home console for how weak it is. If they brought out a pstv type console that dropped the screen and came with a pro controller for 150 bucks, I'd buy it.

Oops forgot number
5/10

Tl;dr is I lost interest.

I think people would have been more impressed if the Tablet itself was prettier.
Graphical prowess will be fine; I dont expect killer stuff on this but Nintendo itself and its second parties usually deliver some pretty and stable stuff on weaker hardware unlike, say Ubisoft.
I believe this "mobile home consoles" and AR is the real future of gaming, unlike the VR fad everybody is forcing right now.
Third parties are testing the waters with the software they showed. USF2, Bomberman, FIFA, etc are all incredibly safe stuff regarding development price and overall profitability.

I like the HD rumble on the controllers, definitely aced that.

6/10 it will come and we will see.

Same. Looks mediocre.

10/10 as a Vitafag DESU

Would have been 11 if not for paid online

easily an 9+/10, there are really no flaws with the actual console, im not talking the games or services yet, those added in maybe a 7/10 for now

take that back 8/10 with the services and games, its really not bad for a handheld

6/10. The hardware and most of the other components aren't really impressive, but the portability may be a gamechanger. Disgaea 5 was an absolute shock. If we get more surprises like that, my perception will jump to an 8/10, maybe 9/10 if we get some ridiculous releases like Armored Core 6, MH5, or Final Fantasy Tactics

6/10

Don't like a lot of design decisions made as a handheld. Don't care for home consoles as hardware at all but if I choose to treat it as one it's just trash hardware. It's got a good deal of games I personally want confirmed though, so I'll have to get one anyways.

pre-conference: 8/10 hyped

post-conference: 5/10

Why did they have to make another Wii? Literally all they had to do was show "Hey it's a portable home console that all Nintendo games will be on." Stop with the fucking motion control gimmicks, the audience isn't there anymore. Also, paid online. It's why I play all my multiplayer games on PC, I'm not paying $60 a year to unblock a peer-to-peer game session. The only online game I was interested in was Splatoon 2, but I had more fun with the first one's single player anyway. If the paid online service had streaming Virtual Console games rather than one rental a month and I could actually see it being decent, but no. I'm going to continue collecting the first-party Wii U games for my collection that I want, wait a year or two, and see if the Switch actually has some decent software.

8/10

7/10

It's not quite as powerful as I hoped but it's a fucking handheld with a dock. The first year of games is more than I expected and seems like it will grow after e3. It just needs 3ds sequels and mid-budget handheld shit and I'll be satisfied.

>Don't care about the motion controls at all.
>Wish it was more than a half-step from Wii U so that I wouldn't have to read all this shitposting about it.

Everything else looks good to me. 7/10

I think ratings are dumb but probably a 7 or 8/10. I'm going to use at a handheld way more than as a home console. This is going to replace both my 3DS and Wii U in terms of new Nintendo games. Pretty content.

3 or 4/10
ps1 and xbone would get a 5 or a 6 since they're painfully mediocre, yet nothing is terribly wrong at the same time.

>ps1
Ps4

5/10
I actually like the idea of a handheld, but needs more battery and more games. And I don't mean games that are on other consoles that are just lower graphics, I mean games designed for the system that run well. You can make good looking games that run@60fps without ultrahighres textures or whatever fucking effects there are these days. Nintendo needs more third-party devs.

is that asap rocky

>8/10

It actually looks like a fun console thats focusing on getting exclusives and third-party without bloating everything up. It's funny how Sony & Microsoft have gone from plug-in-and-play to "this is literally a PC but way slower and theres nothing to alt-tab to when your installing a billion patches"

4/10

The battery is shit, the console is $50 too expensive for what it is, every aspect of the online so far seems like a total clusterfuck, not a single mention of the VC from Nintendo, the peripherals are absurdly priced and I can just get Breath of the Wild on the Wii U. Super Mario Odyssey looks rad as fuck, but that's just one game (Splatoon 2 as well, but I'm not paying Nintendo money for online)

No, you won't get it. It will be discontinued by that time to make way for the next abomination, after which the Switch price will triple.

8/10.

Minus 1 point for paid online.
Minus 1 point for terrible launch line up.
Ok with everything else.

Paid online and the emphasis of wagglin killed all interest I had in the device
I thought the initial reveal showed that Nintendo had learned from their previous blunders, but I expect way too much from them

>>Splatoon 2 looks rehash tier
>New campaign
>All new weapons
>Major balance changes to existing weapon types
>All new Specials introducing new gameplay elements like weaponized super-jumps and hovering; old specials are gone
>Formerly single-player elements introduced to multiplayer like Ink Rails
>New stages
>Any old stages brought over are being majorly redesigned
>Way more customization options
>New soundtrack

What the fuck do you people want

7.5/10

I love the idea of actually playing console quality games on the go. The big issue is that the launch is N64 bad and EVERY FUCKING THING is so goddamn expensive.

That said, I seldom bought extra controllers anyway and you can technically use each joycon as one if you have tiny baby hands.

6/10, I'll get it whenever I'm able to get the Switch + Pro controller for $350CAD or lower (currently $490CAD) and I'll probably use it as a singleplayer / local-multiplayer only machine. It's a shame since Splatoon Two looks good, but I ain't gonna support jewish practices.

BoTW looks great. I have a little bit of caution automatically because it's open world, but I'll just see how it goes and hope for the best. At worst, it'll be shit I'll pirate on my Wii U.

Xenoblade 2 is looking fantastic. I'm glad they aren't going open world again and aren't even using those shitty looking character models from XBX.

Super Mario Odyssey is what I'm mostly hyped for. I've always wanted another explorative Mario like Sunshine and I'm absolute ecstatic that they're flat out saying they're going with that route again.

Overall, disappointed with how they're handling online and currently it's too expensive (where I live anyway), so I'm gonna wait. I'm happy with the singleplayer game announcements though.

3/10
The presentation was all kinds of wrong and the console has just about everything negative you could possibly want going for it from the price, to the lack of games, to the gimmicks, to the $70 controllers

The only positive I have about the entire thing is BotW, and that's really not an attribute of the console but of the game. It looks like a great game

You're okay with the peripheral pricing?

Oh, forgot to mention I'm disappointed there's no headphone jack on either of the controllers. I'm praying it'll have bluetooth headphone support but I'm very doubtful.

Do you literally need to play video games all the time everywhere that you will reduce the experience to sitting in the back of a fucking car holding a tiny ass joke piece of controller crowded around a tiny screen driving a stupid anthropomorphized dinosaur man in a dumb go kart

8/10 will get
7/10 if the rumors of GC Emulation are false.

Meh, it's only $10 more, and HD rumble is a legitimate game changer to me.

Maybe he doesn't want to buy that shit? Why do people think peripherals are even bought by most poeple

>Formerly single-player elements introduced to multiplayer like Ink Rails
Wait, really? Ink rails were my favorite part of the singleplayer.

>portable 360/ps3 tier handheld and now console pokemon

you all can never be happy

a portable 360 tier handheld is a fucking dream

Yes

You can see them in the trailer on the new Moray Towers

4/10

They blew it. Too expensive, too much wagglan.

7/10

Overpriced peripherals, 1 2 Switch isn't bundled, paid online, lacklustre launch titles.

On the other hand. Finally a decent portable (docking mode is iceing on the cake, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2, Zelda at launch, looks like Japs will support which is all i need from it.

8/10
It plays games I want and I'll be able to do some good old Bomberman with my friends. Fuck paying for online though, that shit is fucking stupid.

8/10
Motion controls look great exclusives are good

>le tortanic XD
please kill yourself

9/10 before hearing about paid online
0/10 after hearing about paid online. I have zero interest in it.

>HD Rumble
>game changer

You're like, one of maybe 30 people on this planet that think that.

the launch lineup is fine and not bad by any standards
i'd assume you were spoiled by good launch lineups but i can't think of many that were better than this

6/10

I was looking forward to it more from the reveal video last year since it had no gimmicks in sight, but the fact that they showed motion controls soured me a bit on it. However the marketing doesn't seem to focus on them too much so that's a positive. Some focus on the HD rumble but the problem with that is that it is the kind of feature that can only be demonstrated in person, not through commercials, and it seems like a weird feature to base the merits of a controller on. Reports are that it's pretty amazing but I don't know.

Price wise I'm actually OK with the price of the console itself, maybe a price drop to 250 would be better but I don't understand why so many people are complaining about it. However the prices for everything else are insane. Pro controller for 70, two Joycons for 80, the charging grip for 30. All seems like 10 or 15 dollars too expensive.

On the software department. BoTW looks amazing, ARMS looks interesting, Mario Odyssey is the kind of game I would daydream about when I was a kid, Splatoon 2 is nice, 1 2 Switch looks like shit and you got nice smaller stuff like Bomberman, Snipperclips and Puyo Puyo Tetris. That would be an amazing launch lineup, but the problem is that it is supposed to be stretched out troughout the whole year. New Suda game makes my dick hard.

No region locking is great news, paid online is shit news so it rounds up to nothing.

>some good old Bomberman with my friends

Those controller prices are gonna hurt though. I still loved the Bomberman Blast had support for pretty much every controller under the sun

I would say Dreamcast and PS2 are the GOAT launch lineups. Not launch but someone post that ad with the 2001 PS2 games.

Holy fuck, I don't know how I missed this. Thank you.

8/10, but I say that as someone gawking from the sidelines. I have no plans of buying this console unless they release games I want which I have no reason to believe will ever end up on PC.

PS2 launch was shit

8/10
it's my perfect little Nintendo machine.
Zelda, Mario, and all my faves.

Dreamcast had 3 maybe 4 good launch games.
PS2 had 1 or 2.

Then don't buy it fgt no one cares about your opinion m8

>2ds
You must be 18 or older to post

0/10
not going to pay for online
haven't bought a console since the ps2 anyway
probably gonna buy a marked down pii u to play BOTW

-Peripherals are absurdly overpriced
-Not enough launch titles
-No games bundled with the system
-Unnecessary motion controls (I can understand HD rumble, but gesture recognition and general wagglin' seems incredibly unnecessary)
-DIGITAL TRIGGERS

+All first party Nintendo games will be available on one system (Hopefully) merging 3DS and Wii U audiences.
+I'm personally very excited to play a vast majority of the games mentioned at the conference.
+Portability of relatively powerful games.
+Netplay on VC games

The rest I'd like to hear more confirmed about before I give an opinion or I'm indifferent about. Since I put my biggest premium on the exclusives that I can't get on PC, I'd give it a 7-7.5/10 as of now.

7/10 as im treating it as a handheld
not happy about the paid online at all

i personally don't know what people expected with price and specs, it was always clear it was a handheld that can plug into the TV

itll all come down to whether or not nintendo supports it with their core handheld franchises like pokemon and animal crossing

already preordered one though, for mario and zelda

>the launch lineup is fine and not bad by any standards
Are you fucking serious? The only real game at launch is a multiplat, ffs.

As a handheld it's revolutionary. As a console it's behind the competition.

I'm hype as fuck to be able to play Disgaea 5, Binding of Isaac, Sonic Mania, MK8, Zelda, and Splatoon on the road.

My reality sucks so much, that, yes, I do

6/10
Overall I don't like the hybrid design. Realistically, I would use the portable feature maybe a dozen times (have two handhelds already), then have it permanently docked and at the TV. First party could be interesting. Paid online is bullshit, as is the "monthly old game" deal. I might get it if it drops to $200/

WAHOO
*BING* *BING*
LETS A GO

But Nintendo is calling it a console and that's really not a good battery life for a handheld

it's a good battery life for something that can play the new zelda

no

yes

I'm gonna give it a 6.5/10

>UI is finally not shit
>games look pretty good, even if the release dates are a bit away
>Arms looks fun
>Splatoon 2 looks fun
>portability is nice given that I'm in college and have no TV
>graphics are pretty mediocre
>SMO looks good but not enough info on it for me to be positive
>paid online subscription is the worst out of all three, only giving you free game rentals

I'm buying it this summer when Spla2n and Mania come out

Yeah, I am fine with that pricing.
No, there are games that I want, but just not enough. I was expecting to buy five games at launch, but instead its more like two or three.

yes to no

nintendo is calling it a home console because they want to kill off the wiiU and don't want to kill off the 3DS

no to that

5/10 but anything nintendo will always get those 5 because the software looks worth half a shit.

>it's another "nintendo gets away with cancerous business practices gen"
kill yourselves please

looks like a great little toy

just like the wii u

I'm pretty sure there are people that would take a bullet for Nintendo

And they say Sony fanboys are bad

Notable launch games

>PS1
Rayman
Ridge Racer

>N64
Pilotwings 64
Super Mario 64

>Dreamcast
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur

>PS2
Timesplitters
Unreal Tournament

>GameCube
Luigi's Mansion
Super Monkey Ball
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader

>PS3
Call of Duty 3?
Giant Enemy Crab

>Wii
Wii Sports
Twilight Princess

>PS4
AssCreed 4
Battlefield 4
CoD: Ghosts
Knack

>Wii U
New Super Mario Bros. U
ZombiU

>Switch
1-2-Switch
Breath of the Wild

None of these really look that good but it's counting launch-day only.
I'd probably say Gamecube was the best though, especially counting Melee and Pikmin which both came out within two weeks of launch.

why would you mention 1 2 switch but not bomberman
fucking hell

>>PS1
>Rayman

Greatest console launch of all time then

7/10
The hardware actually looks really appealing to me since I'd primarily be using it like a handheld (in bed). I haven't been interested in nintendo first party titles for nearly two decades though, and their lineup does nothing to change that.

5/10

my perception of nintendo is even worse

8.5/10

Really looking forward to it. I'm excited for fishing in Animal Crossing with HD rumble. Pushing furniture. Chopping trees.

I'm excited for Nintendo to make some fun motion games again -- a Mario Party with the focus of these younger devs would be delightful and the mini games would be fantastic.

Nintendo have demonstrated with the kind of Zelda and kind of Mario and the addition of a meaningful battle mode in Kart we're getting that they're listening and working to provide us with the software we want.

The screen from all accounts is fantastic, so I look forward to that.

Monster Hunter will come to the Switch and I'd buy it just for that.

I haven't purchased an EA game on a decade for any platform. I'm only really interested in For Honor from Ubisoft and less so now that online is almost guaranteed to be host-wins-every-time.

The Wii U was an eyesore and I like the look of the Switch.

I get a fucking Bomberman.

LAN is effortless.

Two controllers right of the bat, I get to play with friends anywhere with one Switch.

BotW aside, they're valuing framerate over resolution, which is objectively correct. (BotW will still be amazing regardless)

Something different. Not the same bullshit. My most played games on my XB1 are Dark Souls 1 backwards comparability, 2 SotFS, and 3. Master Chief Collection is still broken. Halo 5 was a multiplayer beta. The PS4 has Bloodborne. You can't take any of these with you. You can't take your PC with you. Not even outdoors, just to the next fucking room. To your bed. Your favorite chair. Your couch. Your toilet. Your porch. I play my 3DS at home and this is a major upgrade. $300 at launch is fine IMO. Everyone will hop on board for the Mario bundle come December.

/thread

5 shekels have been deposited into your account

5/10
Overpriced at launch
not much I want to play in the first year
joycons are a waste of interesting tech that only drives up the cost
Could be cool as more games are announced or if it truly does end up replacing 3ds and taking its games, until then I don't really have a reason to buy one.

I think the system will sell ok, not great but not WiiU Flop.
The first few months don't matter so much as the first holiday cycle does so I think we can judge the success and trajectory of the system there(particularly with an e3 under our belt and some ideas of whats coming in 2018)

Back to the shit hole you came from you reditor

Pretty much the same opinion.

My only huge worry is 2018. We have no idea what the lineup for 2018 is, that will tell me if the console is worth the hassle. The Wii U tradein from Gamestop looks attractive, but even then I have no idea what the lineup later will be and I like my hacked Wii U.

>Those controller prices are gonna hurt though.
Not a problem when at least 5 of us are getting that shit. Good thing almost everyone I know skipped out on the Wii U.

Better turn 180 then.

that's because the parental controls video was fun

>skip an entire E3
>abandon console early and move all in development titles over to new console
>still show nothing at the console reveal besides Mario
>$60 for a Bomberman game when recent games in the series have been $10

>paid online
>overpriced console
>$80/$70 controllers

>doesn't support Wii controllers
>no analog shoulder buttons
>32GB in 2017