SMT thread, sons of man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r3wS7QEwUbs
youtube.com/watch?v=USPfmvQnpZ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lawfags are dumb

we'll sacrifice the son of heaven

What if I just don't answer?

I hope the SMT game for switch is good and we're not all taken for a ride again like what happened with Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

YHWH lets out its voice into your voicemail

>start playing DDS1 because fuck SMT IV's world map
>get into a fight with three enemies and frighten all three of them
>Heat devours all of them and gets a tummy ache debuff

I'm not even mad; a legit tummy ache debuff in a game is so fucking stupid it's great.

Blessed be to thee...

what do you think the switch SMT will be

>Switch SMT is SMT Go
>that guy who summons Minotaur into the real world

SMT1 HD

Nah, if anything SMT 1 and 2 will be remade by the EO team for the 3DS

That's what my money is on for the 3DS title actually

Neutral>Chaos>Law.

YHWH is a petulant, petty manchild of a god. Why anyone would worship him is beyond me.

I'd rather anarchy than a fascist theocracy.

>being an emotionless puppet is preferable to true freedom
fucking lawfags

Did you think Nintendo was gonna let their hot new money cow FE characters beat up prominent judeo-christian figures?

youtube.com/watch?v=r3wS7QEwUbs

behold my dubs, sons of man

There is never any good SMT OC here anymore

Am I really missing out on anything by skipping SMT4A completely? I really don't want to support rehashes

>Get true freedom
>Also get killed the day after by a demon / person stronger than you
Not a lawfag, but it's just as bad.

>he doesn't know

It's not a rehash. It's more of a Majora's Mask sort of asset reuse.

>taken for a ride again
what we got was better than edgy shit imo

better than being a mindless drone
at least I'd feel something before I died than living an eternity in servitude to a cruel god

what's up with your arm dude

I would have chose Dagba and had everyone become formless gods again. The human power of perception ruined everything.

hello YHWH here yes you ARE complete garbage. yes you ARE going to hell.

SMT I-II REMAKE WHEN

Are there any games where law and chaos aren't portrayed so horribly?
Every mainline game anymore is just "everyone becomes emotionless / gets smote instantly" if you go law or "everyone gets fucking killed by eachother instantly" and neutral is always undoubtedly the best

does ANYTHING portray law and chaos as decisions worth anything at all?

i got stung by a wasp

Catherine

Devil Survivor, but I don't like it because I like shit endings in my SMTs

why can't this guy be in SMT

Good reasoning, I can respect that.
spoken like true chaos.

isn't lucifer suppose to be cool and charismatic?

Dagda did nothing wrong, despite coming off as an edgelord. His solution to the YHVH problem, while bloody and very sketchy morally, is pragmatic and the only way to be rid of his control.

Danu's solution is a circlejerk that guarantees YHVH will inevitably reincarnate when humanity begs for his return.

Prove me wrong.

>Are there any games where law and chaos aren't portrayed so horribly?
The first two entries in the mainline.

i wish there could be a full-fledged PS4 SMT game

persona is so fucking lame

>>Get true freedom
>>Also get killed the day after by a demon / person stronger than you

So, literally the same thing that happens in Law, except "demon / person stronger than you" is just "angels / YHVH"

true but following Dagda down his merry path of carnage would make us lose our humanity

What solution? They didn't even have a reason to kill YHVH in that route, they just did it because a guy in a wheelchair told them to.

GBA remake of 1 with PS1 sound was released on iOS by Atlus

Devil Survivor
Nocturne (no real law route tho)

I haven't beat YHVH yet but you are supposed to become god, not Dagda, can't you just remake everything in a way that humans are still humans?

4 hours into SMTIV

how long is the game and when does it pick up

>someone who is no longer human reshapes humans
hmm I wonder how it would turn out

60 hours
8 hours

In Dagdas route everyone is a God, but since humans are gone gods or more of abstract things like the wind blowing over the grass.

Humans are what give the world shape and form

That's how I interpreted it anyway.

picks up when you get to Tokyo

ONE

would you say SMT games are better in an off-and-on kind of fashion like most portable shit or in like 2-3 hour sessions

>buy SMT IVA as my first SMT game ever
>play on hard with no problems although final boss was tough because I had no mana
>really liked the series so I went and played Nocturne, Persona 4, Raidou 2, and strange journey
>buy SMT IV last week and start it last night
>die twice to the first two demons

Hmm its as if the developers imply that living a neutral life yields the best results in living well.

Hmm....

In a literal sense you've already lost that by becoming a verifiable Creator God regardless. In a moral sense, it depends on how you look at it. It's putting the good of every other being under YHVH's thumb and creating a new universe for people to be free before yourself.

Yes, but Dagda wants them to be something more than just what they were before. To elevate them beyond what they were in the previous universe so that they themselves were their own gods, and thus no longer cage deities in physical shells like what happened to him when YHVH cast down the lesser gods.

Dagda's entire plan hinges on you remembering YHVH's crimes and that your experiences as a human will allow you to retain your humanity and not fall down the same path. That's why he created a Goddess to be your companion, because YHVH never had a single entity he could call his equal and eventually went insane and power-mad from the isolation (isolation that he partially caused by never truly revealing himself to humanity so as to be above their power to warp and change gods)

no

DOLLAR

yes, exactly, thats the biggest problem with the series right now, both chaos and law are the same flavors of useless

What WAS his problem?

>SMT 2 has one of the most depressing settings in the series
>it's a direct result of the neutral route in SMT 1

hmm

He needs more macca

really gets your noggin joggin

Next time bring more macca!

Things were easier when Law=USA. Just follow the red white and blue.

This man has everyones best interests at heart.

youtube.com/watch?v=USPfmvQnpZ8

Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

No one person should possess all that power.
Simply being rid of it is a mercy to the world.
Trusting yourself to be responsible with the ability to shape the universe is impossible.
Would you trust yourself to do good with it? I wouldn't.

If Atlus forces me to buy Wii U 2: Bankruptcy Edition just to play SMTV then I'm gonna have to destroy Tokyo

The issue is that it is impossible to be rid of that power. So long as the universe exists there must be a Creator God to it, no matter what. If given the choice between one that has betrayed humanity, turned humanity against one another, played both sides of both Angels and Demons solely to perpetuate an endless war to keep himself in power, and turned against the collective will of the universe itself to the point that it creates Messiahs just to kill him, or literally anyone else, ANYONE else I would choose the latter because at least they haven't fucked up YET.

If the Switch takes off as a portable in Japan then you should prepare for all those 3DS and Vita style games to move to Switch.

Atlus put faith in PS4 but it's basically selling as shitty as the PS3 did in Japan.

You mean 3ds 2 good edition

In the end, though, you would practically become YHVH in all but name
no world needs gods to run smoothly.
Even if YHVH comes back, it is possible to kick his ass again.

We need another Strange Journey

whats so good about it

And how many casualties until then? You make it sound as if the process is just YHVH lives -> messiahs appear -> YHVH dies, when in reality it takes far longer with far more deaths. You would allow countless others to die for a false sense of freedom and security in a universe where neither truly exist.

That is your answer. To let other people die in a preventable war simply because you feel that no one being should have the power of a Creator God.

What if you create by committee?

3 creator god panel.

>White
>Asian
>Black
>Hispanic
How come this is the only Japanese game with a racially diverse cast of characters?

Best Neutral Rep.

>hardcore dungeon crawling
>designed by EO staff
>even more sci-fi than the original SNES games
>pretty challenging like Nocturne
It also has a nice aesthetic to it, like Carpenter films.

Hardest fucking boss in the game too

Is he? I only played the neutral route myself. Also Ouroboros, Zelenin, and Mem Aleph were fucking brutal.

You're saying that as if we wouldn't lose something even greater if we became gods.
It's like a cycle, Dagda and his kind become one with nature again, and humans become new gods, what's stopping them from becoming just like the Demons?

because Kaneko is actually an SJW

Personally I would like to see another mainline game that has a first act that takes place before shit hits the fan. You would be able to see things start going downhill, subtly at first, but kicking into high gear as you progress further into the game.

Do you think you would be more likely to be relegious if God was described as woman and motherly

yes mommy

I believe it.

>causes unimaginable suffering
>but it's a woman so it's alright
you disgust me

>Somehow get exactly 0 alignment points in SMT4
>now it's impossible to get the neutral ending with the +/-10 swing at the end of the game
fuck this shit, went with the nothingness ending and went straight to SMT4A.

no
t. milf fetish

>living in constant fear of everyone around you because they might at any time decide to kill you for arbitrary reasons since there are no real repercussions if you have enough strength
>true freedom

>being a coward