Stardew Valley

This. Fucking. Game.

I played for 4 hours straight today. I have like 68 hours in and I'm still not even 50% on the trophy list.

The "one more day" cycle makes the game so addictive and hard to break away from.

How's your farm doing, Sup Forums?

Games ok, I like mining more than anything. Kinda fun overall. Ugly grafics.

I forced myself to stop. I'll probably come back too it soon.

Stopped after a year. Wanted to stop after the grandpa quest, but after a year I stopped playing.

Any idea how the Vita version is?
Been looking for a new handheld game to play.

Its so fucking good. I heard it was good but as a console player (fucking fight my pc cunts i'll end you) I didn't know it released last month for xbone.
Only 17 hours in but I have no plans to stop anytime soon.
Its the perfect game to play while listening to other stuff like podcasts, music, random youtube etc and its own spundtrack is top tier comfy as well.
I haven't played a "simulation" game in a long time and forgot how fun addictive they can be.
Best £10 I ever spent.

I've been playing on ps4 and it's not bad. Its shitty early on when you have the lame watering can and sometimes the cursor disappears when youre trying to accept a quest but other than that it plays well.

How do I get addicted to it? Seems pretty mediocre/average.

The problem is that you run out of things to do before you can get bored of doing things, so it ends up being unsatisfying.

I still have to:
>ship 10m worth of product
>donate every item to gunther
>complete the adventure guild list
>get like 5 more people up to max hearts, one of which is the dwarf and I havent found the fourth elder scroll yet
>get leah pregnant a second time

Whats annoying is waiting for this goddamn wine to finish aging in the casks.

>Ugly grafics
For a 2D indie game, the graphics are amazing.
If you want ugly graphics, look at Gods Will Be Watching, terrible.

Waiting for multiplayer to pick it up again. Not really motivated to make a sick ass farm after running out of things to buy and getting all the cheevos I'm reasonably gonna get

>tfw you realize how much time you wasted raing cows to make cheese when you should have been raising pigs to find truffles.

Morris did nothing wrong. That scene where everybody decides to boycott Joja for no reason is so embarassing.

Baby's first rune factory.

what do you actually do in stardew valley

is it multiplayer

You run a farm and commune with the locals

eventually you can get married

there's a story, but it's far from intricate.

No multiplayer yet.

>No multiplayer

dropped

Pierre saw an opportunity to expand his business and jumped on it. Morris got played like a sucker, Stardew's Pierre's territory now.

it's people like you who are killing video-games

please do die or something

Actually this.

I recently got a DS and bought Rune Factory 4 and it blows Star Jew Valley out of the fuckong waters its not even close.

I want to play it on vita but I don't want the ugly portraits

Nah

he's fine

Morris was an antagonistic prick to Pierre, plus when you do a Jojomart run he's even more of a cockhead

Isn't it still identical to RF3, a mediocre grindy RPG first and a tacked on out of place crop growing sim second?

>How's your farm doing, Sup Forums?
Ready to start actually growing crops in year 3.

There's not much else to do though. Just item collection achievements and getting a shitload of money for those stupidly expensive items. I don't think I will ever find all the artifacts at this rate.

I want to protect that smile.

How do I get my operation going?

Are there certain upgrades/crops/structures I should beeline toward to start making money?

>No tiles underneath the sprinklers
Have fun pulling them up when you use the hoe

Why the fuck would you buy it on a console

You can play stardew on a laptop from 2005

Computers are for spreadsheets not games

theres actually a co-op mod but its kinda buggy
ive been playing it over the past 2 weeks and everything works except you dont share houses and some events dont really work right (the ice fishing one crashed us every time)

I got u senpai

Build a bunch of kegs and make coffee and pale ale until you can afford to repair the bus and buy starfruit seeds.

Oh shit, I didn't know I could protect them from the hoe.

Is stardew supposed to be a crop growing sim first? It's pretty piss easy compared to the game where it was "tacked on".

A console is a computer too

I got lazy and just planted every other square with maple trees. I harvest sap every 8 days and don't have to water anything or feed animals. My income is roughly 600k/month.

Sadly though, I lost interest in continuing after that point, I was so incredibly rich and finished the Joja Warehouse, there wasn't anything to keep me going. I wish the townspeople, as you became friends with them, would invite you to do random events like travel to the city with them or hang out and play Journey of the Prarie King or something. They have their routines, but they never really invite you to cross paths with them, making it a sort of one way relationship with everyone.

Is Rune Factory 4 with a pirate? I was going to pick it up the other day, but I didn't care to delete SMT4 or EO4 until I've finished them. How does it compare to HM/SV?

A console is a toaster tho

You know, I feel like Joja Mart is far more efficient and better long term for everyone (Assuming that you can actually get the competitive pricing everyone brags about), but I just hate stamping out the town with such a soulless enterprise. I can kind of relate, one of the towns in my county repealed their anti-franchise laws a couple of decades ago and started inviting in big business, it caused a spike in the population, a large increase in tax revenue, and the closing of a lot of local businesses because they couldn't compete with Wal-Marts and dollar menu fast food. Used to be a small place where you knew a lot of people, but now I don't recognize a lot of people from there anymore and the old "big families" aren't really major players anymore.

Still doesn't stop me from driving there and picking up groceries since they're almost half price compared to the corner grocery in my hometown.

Can confirm, fastest way to cheese the game. Takes zero money to get started, no effort to take care of, and each tree you plant gets you 200g every 7-8 days.

From my memory of that game, all the farming you needed was start growing tomatoes in the desert. After a couple cycles you had maximum level crops available at all times, and only needed fertilizers to feed your XP and money factory.

Farming wasn't even relevant to anything until the final dungeon, when a door would suddenly demand cucumbers.

same situation. So rich by the end of it farming doesn't matter. Also the marriage aspect feels cool during the process, but irrelevant after the fact. Fun game overall worth every Leah

Is there Any difference the pc game and the console version?

mods

The deluxe coop is too small.

still nothing from loverslab though

I thought I saw a mod that replaced the dog or cat with a slavegirl

Those guys seem to be all talk.

So which one is the best husband

which harvest moon should i start with?

Unfortunately they're just a rag tag round of modders, so if they don't like a game they won't wast time on it I spose. I only know them for skyrim and I've seen a little of their sims work. Im waiting for FO4 to get fully fleshed out

>playing as a girl
>having a husband

I hope you are an irl girl

>Depressed alcoholic
>Jock meathead
>Emo kid
>Gay hipster

I would probably go with Goku or Fabio.

I can't really get into it, I have no idea what I'm doing. It is a comfy game but it just drops you into this new town with no real objective. You just farm and meet people, I know there are missions but some of them are timed so you fail them if you don't get the specific item a person requested.

I just don't think these kind of games are for me, granted it's super fucking relaxing. I love the music and atmosphere but it's no Harvest Moon, at least to me it isn't. I loved Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley I just can't get into. I don't think I gave it a fair chance though, I've only put like an hour into the game but even an hour was enough time for me to realize I wasn't enjoying it.

The real crime is not having the option to steal away Robin

ITT: people that have never played Harvest Moon

HMRF fans can FUCK OFF, I'm sick of seeing this shit in SDV threads. RF fags in particular, they pull this shit in HM threads too.

I've never played Rune Factory, but my sister was huge into it. I liked Harvest Moon and AC games, is this like that kinda stuff?

The vast majority of people on any modding forum are just leeches. There's a small handful that makes really good mods, and a larger chunk that puts out smaller shitty mods, but most of them will always be fags that just like running their mouths and don't produce anything. That, along with the fact that most people with the talent and dedication to make quality mods usually have jobs means there's not a lot that comes out of even the best modding communities. Games like Skyrim that are incredibly popular and have a dev kit released are super rare, and have exponentially more mods because of it. Games that aren't as popular, like Stardew Valley, or games that don't have easy modding tools usually only ever get a handful of mods in comparison.

Currently working on my PS4 file, halfway through Summer year 2. Cannot find a prismatic shard for the life of me, starting to thing it's bugged. I've gotten more with less effort on Xbone and PC yet none at all on PS4.

Yes. It's kind of Rune Factory lite, no huge story and not much in the way of character growth and dungeons, more emphasis on farming. Got my favorite fishing mechanic of any farming game too.

starfruit wine all day erryday. finally got that ancient seed too but it's a slow burn getting more plants going.

it's addicting for a while, but the interest level drops off pretty hard for most people at some point, like spring year 3 or so. nothing to do but make tons of money and buy like 5 expensive things.
prismatic shards are currently bugged for people who are gay enough to buy the game three times
so you're into coalburning huh
you forgot pickle doctor

SNES. It's great aside from winter and the way your wife's personality completely disappears after you get married. More importantly if you get into the series with any other game and don't become a total HM junkie you will probably find it impossible to go back.

>prismatic shards are currently bugged for people who are gay enough to buy the game three times
Damn how can I ever recover.

Pretty sure "gay hipster" is your pickle doctor by the way.

Harvest Moon 64, Back To Nature (PS1) or Friends of Mineral town (GBA)

SNES one is a little barebones

>Ugly grafics
Get out.

So are the new farm types any good?

I don't know why you'd ever pick the water farm

>First playthrough.
>Like space constraints and think a giant box is going to be boring.
>Take the Riverland farm.
>Quickly realize just how disadvantageous it is compared to the box farm.
>Wild grass is nigh impossible to grow in abundance, have to rely on Marnie for hay.
>No space for growing trees, so I have to grow them on the beach.
>Hard to have walled-off garden beds because the islands are so small and the horse can't take tight paths.

Fuck. No regrets though. I wish there was a forest version of Riverland, in regards to how much of it is blocked off. Forest farm is too open for my liking.

Fun game

>trees on the beach

I was actually considering the river farm before, but went with forest since river looks like it'd be impossible to put buildings on. Is it as bad as it seems?

>the graphics are amazing.
they used to be, but for some reason instead of using the high quality ones they use shit ones
ill never understand indie games and there ways

Won't the luau and other beach festivals destroy all of that?

Those don't actually take place on the beach, they're a separate level entirely.

God damn it. All I need is the achievement for beating the arcade game without dying. How the hell did you do it?

Don't they take place on their own separate maps?

Neat. Never thought I to plant things on the beach. Figured they would get fucked up, il have to remember that.

>Get Penny and Abigail to 10 hearts
>See the shit they say to you
>tfw no mod to have two wives

>graphics
>gods will be watching
>terrible
>stardew valley
>amazing

A few minutes on Google have lead me to believe you have shit taste user.

Whoever made this game completely botched the waifus, every harvest moon esque game ive played i was interested in at least one bachelorette but every one in this game is a miss for me.

I played through on the Riverfarm. I liked it. Having a nearby place to fish was helpful early game. There isn't nearly as much room, so you can't really make a huge min-max money machine by any means, but I really liked my set up with 9 quality sprinklers, a coop and barn, a greenhouse, and two sheds full of kegs. It felt minimalist compared to the huge money farm I made in the open farm lot.

>meet the woman you want to fuck right in the intro
>BLACKED

They start being cute one their affection is high enough.

Everytime that fucker asks me for something i say no.

Will this game teach me to put general "just 5 more minutes" elements into my own game

Its more the faces, the art is just weird to me for some reason

Haley goes from total bitch to most adorable desu

It grew on me, but it doesn't surprise me it's off putting to a lot of people.

I agree. I tentatively went after her just for my innate desire to fuck bitchy blondes, but she mellowed out and became a bretty damn good waifu.

>bought Stardew Valley during Christmas sale for my wife
>she's so hooked I can play STALKER in peace now
No regrets. Never played it myself though.

>Is Tomato a fruit or a vegatable?

>focus most NPC time getting Shane to open up
>flower dance comes around
>no female love interests at 4 hearts yet
>ask them all to dance
>every woman in town rejects me

This is getting too real.

i'm not going back to this game until I get my marijuana mod. seriously, how has it not been made yet?

>Getting every villager to max hearts just for completion sake.
>Dog is an annoying cunt that blocks the path. No intention of getting married because the kids will do the same.
>Find out I have to get married for two of the achievements.
>Wife is going to pull aggro if I gift people while we're married.
>Quickly fire out gold-star gifts to the couple of people that aren't 10 hearts yet.
>Give Leah the fuckin seashell piece of shit.
>Finish gifting the last few single people before marriage day arrives.
>Literally the day after I get married, I take three dicks in my ass from Goku, Doc and Fabio.

Can't wait until I reload and spurt another round of cummies into Leah, get this second kid, and can then promptly fuckin' abort those little shits. Any idea if killing the kids will make Leah upset? And if I divorce her, does that reduce her friendship to zero?

Why haven't you made it yet if you want it so badly?

Dumb nigger bought a tomato when she asked for fruit. Either your wife wants to eat a piece of fruit for lunch or she's making a fruit salad. In either case, Tomato is the wrong fucking answer. Nigger did that shit on purpose just so he could argue semantics.

>Have a pretty good layout where each area have different crops.
>Knows when the next area will be harvestable and can immediately be reseeded.
>Harvest fairy comes and 'helps' by making an area grow to harvestable immediately.
> The area of her spell covers a portion of one side of my crops and covering about a quarter of another, completely wrecking my system.

Thanks.

Aren't there new shrines to turn kids into doves and reset things with your divorced partner so it's like you were never married at all?