This is a CD Projekt Red cutscene:

youtube.com/watch?v=u4xOsSNIEUQ

Spot the differences.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-19-the-witcher-3-what-is-a-next-gen-rpg
youtube.com/watch?v=2bSk-8C76dc
youtube.com/watch?v=hl-6NloRgAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The cutscenes in The Battle of Kaer Morhen are god tier, too bad the gameplay part of that segment is pretty boring and linear

Are those comments ironic shitposting in the bioware video or are normies really that awful?

most bioware fans are girls
girls are easy to impress

Dragon Age is the second most popular video game series on tumblr for a reason.

There are a lot of people who think Inquisition is a beautiful game story wise.

One has mocap the other hasn't?
One is a good game, at least atmosphere, story and cutscene wise, and the other isn't?

Meh witcher III is not made way after Inquisition? kinda unfair here?
But truth is the Witcher III steped the game up and bioware learned nothing acording to andromeda soo far...i really hope they fail with andromeda soo they start getting better in the next dragon age

just 1 year of difference no huge deal

>Gentle, heartwarming song to boost the spirits of people suffering terrible circumstances

versus

>Anime-tier lol so epic sword master fight against ultra edgy evil elves in massive bone armor

Best part of those games are "played" on you tube.
If you remove that is what is left good enough to win awards?

Nice trollpost.
Witcher 3 has the better song scene as well.

>too bad the gameplay part of that segment is pretty boring and linear
Too bad the entire game is like that.

Not an argument.

>>Anime-tier lol so epic sword master fight against ultra edgy evil elves in massive bone armor
Where is anime in Witcher III battle animation?

Dragon age is a game.

Witcher is a movie.

What do I win?

Who is this weenie genie??

Pretty sure Bioware uses mocap.

nah m8

The hate of witchershills who refuse to admit that Witcher 3 is a downright horrible game and calling it a visual novel is actually logical :')

>Geralt and Lambert
>not Geralt and Lambert and based god Letho
what the fuck man, did people actually kill him?

Not in that cutscene they don't.

>Meh witcher III is not made way after Inquisition?
You're wrong. They were only released 6 months apart, and were supposed to release at the same time until CD Projekt decided to push their release date back to further polish the game.

^^

>people ITT actually defending DA: Inquisition and attacking Witcher 3

How do we fix Sup Forumseddit, guys? Is it too far gone?

>Bringing Letho has literally no effect

The Battle of Kaer Morhen is where the quality really drops, everything feels rushed starting at it

This is a Dragon Age Sex Scene.

oh lord...
>the way everything freezes except the main character's eyelids when a dialogue choice is presented

As someone who doesn't dive into all too many Rpgs and usually scratches the surface before being distracted. The gameplay in Witcher seems similar to dark souls. Dodge and parry mechanics seem close enough. I understand that darksouls is less forgiving but im sure there are ways to handicap yourself in witcher to make the combat more difficult. What exactly separates it?

Awful.
Everything, from the writing to the animation, just awful

The Witcher 3 is just a better made game by people with a passion for making games. Case in point: the armor selection.

While it's true the only worthwhile outfits in TW 3 is witcher gear, there's still a wide variety of armor to choose from, and they all look amazing, with attention to detail. In Inquisition, every armor looks like plastic and there isn't much variety.

In Inquisition you spend half the game with the same armor

The reason Witcher 3 is much easier than any Souls game is because you don't lose stamina for attacking and dodging like you do in Souls. You can attack indefinitely (which usually stunlocks the opponent making spamming attack quite safe) and dodge indefinitely.

That's the major difference. Another thing is that in W3 you can cancel your attack into a dodge so even if you're spamming attack and see the enemy start to attack, you can just move out of the way.

That doesn't mean Witcher 3 is braindead easy, though. You can increase the difficulty and you can enable enemy scaling. Whereas in Souls, the only difficulty setting would be Hard.

>literally no effect
Its worth it just for the "Eredin's a king, isn't he?" line to Roche

>mfw Bioware still hasn't learned that peoples entire faces move when they speak not just the lower jaw and lips.

Loads of people missed him because they mainlined the story.

RPGs featuring predefined PC with predefined personality are automatically shit so Cisquisition wins by default.

but the best part were the sidequests, this is one of only a few games where there was a sense of urgency in the sidequests, so i basically did them all when i saw them

Me too, I don't get people that skip that major portion of the game.

I disagree but I know where you're coming from. I love almost everything about Witcher 3 except certain moments where I didn't like the person I was speaking to but the only option was to work with them. I couldn't just murder them or tell them to fuck off. It makes you feel like you're watching a tv show and doesn't help immersion.

I feel like the problem is voiced dialogue. If every line is voiced then there's just going to be fewer dialogue options.

It's nothing to do with voices, it's everything to do with player habits.

If you put too many options in a long game all you get is people constantly meandering about decisions and questioning if they're going down a route they're happy with, etc.

The developers actually cited Dark Souls as the main inspiration for the combat:

>Game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz and senior game designer Damien Monnier cited Dark Souls and Demon's Souls as influences on the game's combat system.
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-19-the-witcher-3-what-is-a-next-gen-rpg

It's not as tight as Dark Souls, but it's still fun to play and certainly nowhere near as bad as some try to make out. On the higher difficulties, you're strongly encouraged to work on your preparations before every difficult encounter, which adds a good layer of depth to the game.

>you're strongly encouraged to work on your preparations before every difficult encounter

I tried an Alchemy build and it really wasn't that fun. Having to go into the inventory and switch oils whenever I fought a different monster was annoying. I respecced to swordsman and just Whirled my way to victory.

Dragon Age wishes it had an antagonist this good.

>he thinks Witcher is any different from "Fallout" 4 in terms of roleplay
Oh wait, Skyrim with guns is better, it has two roles.

I think both of these games are incredibly mediocre. I have more fun playing a Spider RPG, because atleast they come up with more unique settings.

>le tricky bald jew

B&W > HoS

>not a witcher fanboy
>must be a troll

What games do you like fag?

He means its like anime you fucking retard, get better reading comprehension

It's not as anything positive as Dark Souls, because the Dark Souls developers prioritized gameplay during development and not visuals and cutscenes. If they were inspired by Dark Souls they were inspired in all the wrong ways, Geralt controls like a drunk child compared to how responsive Dark Souls is in comparison and the RPG elements, while not that strong in Dark Souls to begin with, are piss-poor in Witcher. You have a handful of "builds" but most aren't worth your time or energy due to the combat being so shallow and not encouraging you to use those other builds.

Horizon zero dawn shits on both of these games

polacks can't into english

geralt moves like a human being

dark souls characters move like video game characters. actual people don't snap 180 degrees instantly like they do in dark souls.

Clunky is clunky, responsive controls are always superior. Games are immersive when you forget you're playing, photo-realism and little animations don't necessitate immersion and an engaging experience, and I've always found games that do this to be less immersive. Those little animations always remind me I'm playing a game, they interrupt gameplay.

>I don't like Witcher's combat therefore it's a movie/VN

fucking literally Pippins song from ROTK

fuck you Bioware

I agree but I still fucking adored HoS

i have not watched either video and i can tell they have been cherry picked to death

Yes, immersion sure is important, which is why The Witcher 3's combat works better for The Witcher 3's more human setting than Dark Souls combat ever would.

Cry all you want weeb, won't change the facts.

While this is true, consider that the DA:I video is meant to be an "end of chapter 1" sort of dramatic, climactic, and important moment. It's not some random scene from the game (which TW3's clip is from).

i wouldnt know like i said i have not watched either video

The fact being that Witcher has clunky controls for the sake of looking realistic? Yes, that unfortunately cannot be changed.

I'm aware of that. My response is to point out while it is true that each video has been singled out and isn't inherently indicative of the entire game, DA:I's scene is a critical one in the game and thus it is fair to select it for evaluation, while TW3's is a random generic case rather than a high-priority cutscene.

It's not actually, because every cutscene in Dragon Age Inquisition is bad; although the singing scene is particularly embarrassing.

The Witcher 3 had a singing scene too, and it absolutely blew Dragon Age's out of the water, so the cherrypicking excuse doesn't hold up:

youtube.com/watch?v=2bSk-8C76dc

Yes, they're clunkier than Dark Souls, and they're also more appropriate for the Witcher 3 setting, bitchboy. Dark Souls combat would make the game worse.

I didn't say it should have Dark Souls combat, I said the controls should be responsive. I don't care what the setting is, responsive controls are better and compliment an immersive experience better than looking realistic and the expense of being clunky. A game can immerse you in more ways than appearing realistic and this is not predicated on the setting.

They're perfectly responsive and that's the least of the combat's problems. Not the game's fault you're a garbage player.

What is it about having to handle turning and movement speed that turns people into raging autists? This and Dota2, I swear.

Which is the better home base, The Rosemary and Thyme or Skyhold?

>No actual argument
>Just name-calling and memes
kek

Skyhold is bigger and can contain more, but the idea that "lol our base was just smashed and we're on the run, lets just go to that high-quality ultra-defensible castle that was just around the corner ;-)" is a real plot point is astonishing.

Your whole argument is "i dont like thing", there's nothing to rebut

How was that Geralt's base? He never settled anywhere

Why do people need to start wars over something like this?

Witcher 3 was the more popular and more well received game overall. I don't see how crying about DA: I will change things. I don't see how cherrypicking cutscenes from both games is an argument to say one is better than the other other than the cringey falseflagging and shitposting that inevitably comes with these sorts of threads.

>Your whole argument is "i dont like thing", there's nothing to rebut
I had a clear, concise argument, I'll repeat it for you:

The controls are clunky because the game tries to make everything look realistic. Instead of Geralt just turning or walking in the direction you press when you press it, he lurches around first because the developers wanted it to look realistic first and foremost. The setting doesn't matter, responsive controls are better. If the game is better for having worse controls, then I'd make the argument it is not a very good game.

Rosemary and Thyme. It's incredibly comfy and is essentially just Geralt's retirement home should he want it. Plus the upgrades were useful and decorative, and had a few nice quests associated with them, like the portrait quest.

Skyhold always felt dull and the """""upgrades""""" (which should have done something as you were building an army and using skyhold as a military base) in it were an absolute joke, not to mention the way you got them were literally always uninspired fetch quests. Some of the decor was alright, but again, fetch quests.

Rosemary & Thyme >>>>>>>>>>>>> Skyhold

Even the "good looking" one is still ugly. Christ.

He gets a lot of quests there and it's where a lot of the main characters settle for a while.

so good

THIS
Also, these games follow a diferent kind of roleplaying, even the combat differs quite a bit. Finished both of them and love them both for several reasons. Prefer Dragon Age's lore, tho. That shit is Tolkien-deep

The role-playing is shallow in all of them, and so is the combat.

Here's the other one.

Your argument is based on the fact that you feel the controls are "clunky" because the characters don't spin on a dime like doomguy. That is not an objective conclusion.

This is the same shit in every dota thread where someone complains about the controls being slow because the concept of turn rate is one they don't like.

Well, I played both in high difficulty, DA:I using the trials that lvl enemies and give them special powers and I gotta say that in these settings, DAI combat felt more rewarding because the whole party's skills need to work as a whole

The Bioware staff were desperate to have an "epic" moment.

>The Bioware staff were desperate to have an "epic" moment.
And when was that supposed to be?

>DAI combat felt more rewarding because the whole party's
>the whole party's
Yes, managing a completely idiotic AI sure is fun, especially without the proper tactics screen Origins had.

youtube.com/watch?v=hl-6NloRgAQ

>Your argument is based on the fact that you feel the controls are "clunky" because the characters don't spin on a dime like doomguy

Stop making shit up, that's not what I said. How about you explain why they're not clunky instead of making up random bullshit? Why are you talking about fucking DOTA?

No, they're clunky because instead of moving responsively, the character has to wheel around like, as you said, a "real person" with a little animation whenever he does anything. It interrupts gameplay, if only briefly, and I disagree that the fantasy setting mandates these clunky controls. AGAIN, you can engage the player and make them feel like they're part of the setting in more ways than presenting them with convincing visuals. Having responsive controls, for example, is a good way to start.

>Your argument is based on the fact that you feel the controls are "clunky" because the characters don't spin on a dime like doomguy
>Stop making shit up, that's not what I said.
>No, they're clunky because instead of moving responsively, the character has to wheel around
is this nigga serious

Just comparing it to Origins, Inquisition is extremely dumbed-down, and Origins was less complex than FFXII which had a very similar party management system.

>Geralt's retirement home should he want it. Plus the upgrades were useful and decorative, and had a few nice quests associated with them, like the portrait quest.
>Skyhold always felt dull and the """""upgrades""""" (which should have done something as you were building an army and using skyhold as a military base) in it were an absolute joke, not to mention the way you got them were literally always uninspired fetch quests. Some of the decor was alright, but again, fetch quests.
>Rosemary & Thyme >>>>>>>>>>>>> Skyhold
I would call Kaer Morhen or Corvo Bianco his home base over The Chameleon.

Daily reminder that the "Witcher 3 is amazing!!!" threads are started by a butthurt shitposter from Reddit flaseflagging to make Sup Forums hate Witcher 3 by spamming it constantly, as Sup Forums is wont to do.

You can help by not fucking replying to Witcher 3 threads.

I didn't say anything about DOTA or doomguy.

Refute the argument.

Why are the controls responsive if you disagree, or why are clunky, unresponsive controls better if you acknowledge that they're clunky?

>Daily reminder that the "Witcher 3 is amazing!!!" threads are started by a butthurt shitposter from Reddit flaseflagging to make Sup Forums hate Witcher 3 by spamming it constantly, as Sup Forums is wont to do.

Well it's working.

oh right yeah

honestly when skyhold was revealed I thought "hm ok thats more uninspired writing from this game".

Inquisition was one of the most uninspired and unoriginal things I've ever played.

Trespasser was actually neat and set Solas up to be a pretty good villain, combined with the whole GW civil war and everything.

>I didn't say anything about DOTA or doomguy.
I brought those up as something we call "examples".

>Refute the argument.
I don't have to prove a negative, that's not how this works. You disliking a style of controls because you think having to move like a real person is "unresponsive" is not an argument. It is literally "I don't like thing", as you were already told.