Are you getting a Switch? Why or why not?

Are you getting a Switch? Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7fH_wl8ceAg&t=319s
archive.is/5lJvX
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes because I like to have casual fun with my friends

Nope.
youtube.com/watch?v=7fH_wl8ceAg&t=319s

FUCK OFF WITH THIS STUPID FAT FUCKS VIDEOS

SOMEONE WITH A CAMERA AND AN OPINION DOES NOT MAKE THEM CREDIBLE, OR WORTHY OF ANYONE'S TIME

jim get out

Yes.

I bought a PS4 for 1 game and it was $400, what's going to stop me for buying a $300 Switch just to play Mario Odyssey?

seems fun and the joycons working as mini controllers is nice.

>HURR THIS GUY IS FAT THUS HIS ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID
Is the intelligence of the average nintoddler?

Watched a few of his videos, he thinks too highly of himself. The video set is pretty off putting.

I do think that content ID thing he did a while back was genius though.

>thinks too highly of himself
I feel like that's his whole shtick? I mean his catchphrase or what's-it is "thank god for me"

You wish being fat was your only issue.

>Are you getting a Switch?
Yes
>Why or why not?
Zelda, Bomberman and picture related, of course.

jim get out

isn't SMT V confirmed to be multi-plat though?

but otherwise agree

The intelligence of a Nintoddler must be higher than this faggot.
If you let yourself become a fat fuck, you obviously aren't smart.

Yes. I always get Nintendo consoles. I typically like Zelda, and I always like Mario and both of those games were announced for the new console

DELETE THIS Sup Forums IS MY SAFE SPACE

Probably, I'll just get them both assuming Atlus continues the "preorder at X store to get Y bonus"
If not, I'll probably just got with PS4.

I remember when he was one of the only places to give Vanquish a bad score, because you couldn't spam melee and his hamhands hurt after playing the game.

Also, Mario Kart is bad because rehash, but please let me give the next CoD a high score!

Great arguments once again, nintendo children.

Have a (You) for that quality falseflag.

>console

its a handheld that can connect to a tv

its like caling the VITATV a console

Not at launch. I'll wait a year or two.

I want to play Mario Odyssey, but it's not a launch title. I doubt Zelda will last me until then. I already played MK8 (my little buddy Diddy didn't even make it into Deluxe) and never had much interest in Splatoon.

The other things shown I don't expect to see this year.

We don't need someone telling us all the obvious points about the Switch in a loud obnoxious way.

What does that have to do with his points regarding the switch?

>that circa 1998 CGI
is this a port of a Saturn or PS1 SMT game we never got over here?

This is a 49.99$ Switch launch title.

Defend it.

I question if there will be any real difference to be honest between docked Switch and the PS4 version. UR4 is pretty flexible.

>I don't need someone telling me all the negative points about the switch because I get butthurt if someone bashes based Nintendo
Fixed that for you.

Skyrim is 60$ on Switch.

Yes

Because I like Nintendo games and Nintendo handhelds.

The Switch has some flaws, and it's obviously underpowered. but the games they have shown off so far are interesting enough for me to pre-order the console.

the launch lineup sucks overall, but it still has Zelda and Bomberman, so i'm sold. Arms looks fun as fuck too.

Getting one.

Zelda looks good. ARMS and Mario look good. Splatoon was one of my favorite games last gen, but I didn't actually own a Wii U so I'm definitely buying it for Switch even if it's not all that different.

And not confirmed, but there will probably be Pokemon and Animal Crossing titles for it, which I'm also interested in.

>is this a port of a Saturn or PS1 SMT game we never got over here?
>PS1 game

I fuckin' wish. I'd give anything for an SMT: If.. translation.

But nah, that's new Odin, so it's probably a new game, or another spinoff.

Honestly, considering it's probably a turn based game, I'd say the differences will be minimal.

It's pretty obvious what all the negative points are, and I don't disagree.
It's also pretty obvious that you are Jim
>I get butthurt if someone bashes jimquisition

Are you kidding me?

Probably. But I'm waiting and seeing if there i a bundle in December.

I'm excited to play bomberman with my bro, but I hope it's not $60 or if it is I hope it has a shitload of content

Not falling for Nintendo again.

You really can't, this really should had been a bundled title.

Konami said on twitter today that the $60 pricetag is not final. so I hope it's more around $40.

but i'll still buy it, regardless. I haven't played a bomberman game since the DS version.

No.

Most of his points are pretty fucking stupid or inconsequential. The voice chat thing is absurd, and the launch library is pretty paltry, but half his complaints were that the price of peripherals is a bit higher than normal and that he really doesn't like a couple of the games they showed.

And his little rant about Nintendo not giving away more ancient video games is just weird and tone deaf. Normies don't care. Anyone who does has been able to play these games on every device in their home for nearly two decades.

I think I'll support a platform that doesn't censor games in the west.

why would anyone ever buy a console on (or before) release?
at least put on a trip so I can filter you, Jim

But Switch version will look better...
Oh wait.

> Jim "cum on my face" Sterling

No way fag.

>posting that fake image
real image incoming

It's region free now, so you can import your weeb games.
You do speak Japanese, right user?

Remember when this guy raged at some teen's deviantART page in public and took down his video when it turned out her dad was a lawyer?

I have no interest in Wii U 2.0 "outsold edition".

Nintendo has too many shitty practices that pile up to ignore. I can live without a Zelda game.

Especially since the "open world" genre has been done to death and it's insanely boring.

this is not Nintendo's fault. It's the garbage culture of political correctness and sjw in the U.S. that forces them to do this.

the more I think about it, the more I probably will honestly

Zelda on the go, as someone who lives in NYC, is really tempting.
Splatoon 2, Mario, and Xenoblade 2 are also guaranteed buys for me.

Plus, they have to be saving some big announcement for E3.

If you're the type of person who pretty much only plays games on a TV/monitor, I can certainly understand wanting to wait until the lineup gets better (even though it's already better than the wiiu's launch window). Not to mention the paid online.

>SWITCH HAS BEEN OUTSOLD
>NOT ENOUGH UNITS FOR PRE-ORDERS
>OVER 1.2 MILLION UNITS SOLD OMFG

Where have I heard this before?

Yeah, no. Not falling for Nintendo's bullshit again.

>And his little rant about Nintendo not giving away more ancient video games is just weird and tone deaf. Normies don't care. Anyone who does has been able to play these games on every device in their home for nearly two decades.
His point is that it has shit value compared to PS+ and Xbox Live. Why would you defend something as shitty as giving you a ROM and taking it away at the end of the month?

You are clearly a nintendo fanboy.
So your opinion doesn't matter.

jim is right though

>did you even watch the video?

Source
Holy fuck

I might eventually Depends on if there's more than two games I want coming out for it.

Might have even preordered it if there was any left, but hey, if nintendo doesn't want my money, then that's ok too. May even thing about not getting one at all with all the time I'll have not having a switch and having no new Wii U games to play.

This girl can't gobble a cock right.

Defend her.

This really should have been the Switch's Wii Sports/Nintendo World but apparently Nintendo's ego is still too high to bundle games with consoles again.

Not a fat chance.

I'll wait 1 year or 2 years.

anyone who watched the switch presentation has the same opinions

Anyone that was honestly expecting them to give away their old games for free is retarded. This is a company that sold NES games like SMB and the first legend of zelda for 5 USD each as recent as last gen. Nintendo historically has been super protective of their IPs and old games even back when they used to sell those overpriced handheld ports of games like metroid and donkeykong country

i preordered two systems, i had to use different credit cards b/c of asshole scalpers but w/e.

the hype is real!

I feel like people are missing that they're adding online capabilities to all these games

No.
>only a few games I'm interested in, 1 of them requires paid online
>paid online service gives you a decades old game that you only keep for a month
>shit hardware, other systems are cheaper now and have better hardware
>barely any third party titles, it's going to be the wiiu all over again

archive.is/5lJvX

>thinks too highly of himself

I mean, he's a cuck

But im pretty sure that is part if his "character" that he portrays in his videos

>stop liking things I don't like

Yes! Cry more, baby!

Switch is a failed experiment. If you're old enough to remember the Wii, you will know why it will be an infuriating future for Nintendo fans yet again.

Notice how every 30 seconds or so in this thread there's a positive "I will buy it" post that resembles a review done on a e-shop site.

There are shills in this very thread paid to defend it and to make no mention of the real world critique for the system.

I want to preorder one but I can't find any.

I'm probably not gonna get to play this until the summer at this rate.

one game compared to no game isn't much "better" of a launch lineup, user

raise your standards a little. i'd buy it just for the next monster hunter, but i know whether or not i can wait for it

>spoiler
I was just thinking about this
For the past 3 gens including this one, nintendo has launched a console with unconventional hardware with a small game to familiarize early adopters and interested consumers to that hardware. Wiisports was a shitty little game but people spent hours playing it because it was a good introduction to how to use the wiiremote and what miis do (essentially nothing). Nintendoland was a HUGE step up, using well crafted minigames to show off isometric gameplay, drawing on the tablet, the gamepad's camera, microphone, and gyroscope. It even had games where you held the gamepad fucking sideways, all while using nintendo's well known IPs in unique stylized manners for single player AND good co-op (I spent hours with the zelda and metroid multiplayer games). The biggest tragedy there was that no game since utilized the wiius weird features so well.

And this gen we get a game that shows off HD rumble and IR detector by... milking cows and pretending to eat a sandwich. Without looking at the screen. Fucking why.

Probably. I mostly play games on pc now. I've never felt any urge to buy an Xbone, but I own a PS4 and a Wii U. They were both christmas gifts, so I didn't really have to spend any of my own money on them.

What I got out of the Wii U: like eight games, which is pretty low to be fair, but still something

What I got out of the PS4: I bought Mortal Kombat X because the netcode was better than on PC. I also bought the Binding of Isaac on it because I like the PS4 controller for that game and it's a pain in the ass to get it working on the pc.

If I wanted a core gaming experience I'd just play a game on my computer. That's what it's really boiled down to, the Xbox1 and PS4 are just shitty pcs with no option for keyboard and mouse and mandatory monthly payments to use your internet connection. The last time I regretted not being able to play a console exclusive on PC it was fucking RDR.

That's the problem. By not having enough systems to meet demand they're losing all the impulse buyers. How many people who would have bought one day 1, will change their mind between now and when stores actually get enough stock in?

isn't the special edition $60 on consoles?

Yeah.

I would have paid for one at launch but now that there's paid online I will wait for singleplayer games that I actually want.

>paying for Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 online starting in September

WEW

>people posting "I'll get one" means they're paid shills
Some people who post here bought wiiu's. They probably posted the same thing when the wiiu launched. Does that make them shills? I don't understand the paranoid mentality

t. Shill

>IT'S NOT OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

if you think positively about anything you're a retard who can't think unless he's paid by the hour

pre-ordered the neon one and the master edition zelda

Is there a holder for the Wii U gamepad?

No. Waste of money.

I'll stick to PC and PS4.

My point is that giving me every single ROM in their library wouldn't increase the value at all.

Oh shut the fuck up you delusional piece of shit. The Wii was a goddam phenomenon. Don't act like it wasn't the greatest shit ever for both fans and non-fans. Wii Sports? Mario Galaxy? NSMBWii? Mario Kart? The system was a goldmine, even with all the "shovelware" (which doesn't matter to true fans like yourself, right, because you only buy real Nintendo games aimed at fans).

As long as Nintendo steers clear of Skyward Sword and Other M type titles, then we'll be fine. It's easy to be optimistic with Tetris, Bomberman, and a new Zelda that looks promising. Use your fucking and stop repeating everything you read on message boards.

t. Goblin

>one game
well it's a good thing I mentioned more than one game user

yes, the day one lineup sucks- i mean, its literally just zelda and a 60$ bomberman game - but the launch window is still better than wiiu's, and I was honestly going to buy the console within a year or two no matter what, because of splatoon 2, odyssey, Xenoblade, and better versions of wiiu games I never played

in the meantime between Zelda and Splatoon I'll play other video games and drink shitposter tears

When a white one comes out, yes

why do you retarded fags care so much about youtube celebrities? can you not form and express your own opinions

No d-pad no buy

you take the opinions of fat people seriously?

you mean the people who make the worst possible decisions about their health every day, in an extremely visible way?

fuck fat people, they deserve every ounce of judgement they get and more

So THIS is the thread were the sony anti-shill defense force is rampaging.

Buying one this holiday. Staymad non-idorts.

this

I am, even if that means going against all common sense.
I enjoyed my Wii U, not a whole lot, but it was better than the Wii i had which i ended giving away because of how fucking awful and boring it was.
I am pretty concerned with some of Nintendo's decisions, but I'm in only for the games.
Oh, and if the online fee is more than 5 dollars a month then that means I won't be playing any online anything ever.

there's being an idort and then there's just being irresponsible with your money.

The Switch is region free and you're STILL complaining about censorship
If you wanna play the games on their pure and unaltered state then learn japanese and import them
You have the entirety of the US to blame for the censorship bullshit by the way

Give me a reason why would anyone buy a console at launch instead of waiting if there's more than several games that interest them.
Not even shitposting, honest question here.