REMAP MY FUCKING XBOX CONTROLLER

Sup Forums HOW DO I REMAP THE L1 BUTTON ON MY XBOX 360 CONTROLLER FOR PC?

ITS FOR DARK SOULS 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Shieldless_Lothian
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I MEAN L2 BUTTON. I WANT THE L2 BUTTON TO DO WHAT THE L1 BUTTON DOES.

SELF BUMP

BUMP BECAUSE I KNOW ONE OF YOU FUCKING KNOWS GODDAMNIT

BUMP BUMP BUMP

I dunno.

FUCK YOU. Seriously dude, fuck you. SOMEONE FUCKING TELL ME HOW TO DO IT.

>playing games that don't have customizable controls

Just return it like a sensible person.

You can't remap controller controls, even for most PC games. You can remap keyboard, but with controls it's like "xinput is gonna be how the developers wanted it to, eat shit"

you are a special kind of stupid, its a steam game that iv had for a long time. I have a little over 1,00 hours poured into Dark Souls 2. How the fuck do you think that this is a sensible solution?

You have that much time spent in DaS2 and you didn't know you can't remap controllers for it until now?

but i keep seeing evidence of people being able to do it in message boards I keep finding in google searches. Just no one easily explains how to do it. People are either cryptic as fuck or just complete retards. I know it must be possible. I keep seeing people recommend Xbox360ce and JoyToKey but they dont seem like what I need and if they ARE what I need, it seems unnecessarily complicated. Just let me edit an ini file or two for fucks sake.

All you have to do is go into the "Remap Controller Actions" tab in the menu, retard.

You're either trolling or stupid.

i didnt need to explore this option until now because I ripped my L1 button out, out of anger. The stupid fucking was not working already so i just tore it out. Now either fuck off, or help me.

Steam lets you do it now in the beta branch if you have Big Picture mode

What menu? The dark souls 2 game menu? There is no such thing there. How about you not be so fucking vague?

L1 is for block, only scrubs need to press it.

Try fucken joy2key

This. Do this OP and you'll have what you're looking for.

this is what im fucking talking about
>beta branch
>big picture mode
I know what those mean but it is just making this more complicated. Explain what exactly you're saying.

Just 2 hand a weapon. Blocking is for cowards

Quit acting like a child and just google the two terms together.

Use some critical thinking skills for once.

fuck you im doing a shieldless run right now because I cant use the L1 button.
darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Shieldless_Lothian
^im roleplaying as this fucker in dark souls 2 right now. Faraam set and a +10 greatsword because fuck that stupid tiny Dragonslayer Axe.

that is to use your controller as a mouse. It doesnt show an obvious way to remap your xbox 360 controller buttons. I "installed" joytokey and it doesnt show that it recognizes that my xb360 controller is plugged in. All I see is this...

wait now I dont remember if I made that x360 profile or not...goddamnit

i know how to enter big picture mode but what does he mean by beta branch? I don't want to join some beta version of...anything.

Proofs

It's pretty self explanatory.
Download the Beta build of Steam.
Click the Big Picture button in Steam to use the controller friendly UI.

Why not just swap your weapon hands in-game?

even though you're still basically mocking me here, at least you provided a good answer and a helpful picture. The majority of people here are such assholes and dont want to help anyone. Ive been on this site forever but why you dont want to help anyone is beyond me. Especially if you have the knowledge. And i dont even trust that this will work.

Faggot.

Maybe you'd more receive helpful advice if you weren't such an asschild.

are you fucking dense? then I would only be able to do R2 attacks with my weapon.

Fuck you, I had to bump my thread a billion times before anyone responded. And when I made this thread earlier today in a really polite normal way the fucking mods of this board "archived" it after only two posts.

>literally spoonfeeds you the exact steps
>basically mocking
What a fucking pissbaby.

Kys asap.

Better than being unable to parry.

> I ripped my L1 button out, out of anger.
Wow. You don't deserve help. But you need help, of a different sort. See a shrink, or just give up vidya if you can't act like an adult.

How about you buy a properly working controller, preferably with your own money instead of mommy or daddy buying it for you, so you can appreciate value and work instead of destroying property in a childish outburst.

You ripped out the wrong one to re map it dude, didnt you need to remap R2?

there are only a very small amount of enemies worth parrying in dark souls 2. The rest you either dodge or tank. I'm good at both but tanking (literal and not so literal) is a dying art because of dark souls "lolnopoise" 3. It's fun to see a two handed attack from a Ruin Sentinel to bounce off my greatshield and cause the Sentinel to hesitate for a moment.

lol, yes, yes i did. Good one user.

What are you, fucking 8 years old??

No, it's just anger issues. If an 8 year old has my level of anger issues he's going to be an asshole when he grows up.

But you're already an asshole.

You say that like it's some casual unavoidable thing.

It's not normal or right, you know. It's time to put down the video games and start seeing a psychologist and start discussing why you think it's okay to break the controller mommy and daddy bought for you.

and fyi I did buy it with my own money but then the place I worked at got closed down, hence why im so intent to remap the buttons so I dont have to spend money I dont have on a new controller

Perhaps spend less time on video games and more time on job hunting.

You can't. For whatever goddamn reason they are treated as an axis like the control sticks instead of actual buttons.

You can't chalk it up to anger issues thats bs. Stop being a fag.

See

I installed the beta version of the steam client, entered big picture mode, and I cant get to the screen show here how do I get to it? I only see options edit the bindings for the controller buttons for navigating steam in big picture mode.

Maybe try launching a game first.

I selected dark souls 2 sotfs and I got to it, now im editing the action for the left trigger, what do I type in? or is this not where I should be?

i meant to use this screenshot

Go into Big Picture Mode on steam, turn on controller configuration for xbox controllers, restart Steam, register you controller in Big Picture Mode, then start Dark Souls 2 (or on the desktop edit the controller configuration from the right click menu). You'll be able to remap your controller using the steam controller configuration stuff now.

You might need to be in the Steam Beta, idk if it's in the main branch yet.

I am using the beta branch now. Thanks for being so helpful. I'll run the game now and see if I could do what you said..

Seems like you have it figured out.

What are you trying to set the left trigger to?

!!!Turn off Analog Output!!!, then set either the full pull action or soft pull (partial pull, with different modes like hair trigger, they all have good explanations) to whatever button you want to use it as.

I want left trigger to do blocking in Dark Souls 2. Left Bumper does that right now. Thanks dude.

I turned off analog output now but what do I type in that empty text box? The action I want left trigger to do or the button I want left trigger to swap with.

i dont care if i sound dumb, im lost here. What do I type in that empty text box?

Im in-game right now and Left trigger is still not making my character block. I just need to know what I type in that text box for full pull action.

bump. guys please, this is almost figured out. i think.

xbox360ce

nevermind I figured it out. Thanks for the suggestion, even if xbox360ce is confusing as fuck.

>Sup Forums

You have to go back

>you dropped steam's configuration for x360ce
lmao you're a retard