>>364459879

>With how he speaks, it sounds like we're going to see a new Metroid Prime at E3.
I wouldn't go that far.

>Wii U failed because of the lack of critical games coming out at a regular pace
>they're going to IV drip Switch releases
So they didn't learn anything.

I'd be pretty pumped if they announced a new Metroid. Prime or classic, I don't really mind either way, I like them both pretty equally. As long as it's not another Other M.

If a Metroid gets announced at E3 then it will probably be released sometime in 2018. I'd feel comfortable picking up a Switch at that point.

Pretty sure the Switch has more games releasing in the first year than the Wii U had in the first 3 years.

>We see the reaction by consumers whether it's measured in Twitter trending topics or views of videos on YouTube or just the frequency with which I get called by old high school buddies that I haven't heard from in 30 years who are asking me how to get their hands on Nintendo Switch. We have communicated the proposition clearly and it is compelling
So their target market 50+ years old white suits?
Also, i cringed when they talked about how useful to get Switch with you on business trip.

Nintendo, your target audience lives in basement and never leaves it.

Well half of this games - wiiu ports.

The Wii U failed because is ran by morons, they released an underpowered machine with a gimmick which most developers weren't going to bother with, even Nintendo themselves barely bothered, they released a console with no ethernet port and one of the worst online infrastructures around, literally the last game for it will be a Zelda title, the Wii U did not get a Mario title in the vein of Galaxy or Sunshine, while 3D world was good it was obviously built off what they had with 3D land, Metroid is all but dead as is a lot of their other beloved franchises like F-zero, Star Fox was completely ruined by the controls.

And that's without going to the butchering of various games courtesy of the Nintendo Memehouse.

The Wii U also failed because Nintendo can't prop it up themselves and unless the Switch sells Wii numbers, same shit will happen, no companies will give a shit.

Nintendo has always done their own thing, they will continue to do their thing and they will continue to fail miserably.

Nintendo is fucking dumb.

There will always be droughts as long as 3rd party continues to ignore you system. It's impossible to churn out quality 1st party titles on a regular basis over the course of an entire generation.

And the Switch already looks like it's going to be a third party disaster with it's crappy hardware and nonexistent internal storage.

really? I thought it was just MK8.

Yea this is something people don't seem to get, the reason all these fucking console games are so big lately because at a bare minimum consoles will have 500gb storage and the average AAA is usually 50gb or bigger, no company is going to release a game with a "YOU NEED AN EXTERNAL HD TO INSTALL DATE" slapped on the box, companies make games based off the amount of storage they know consoles have.

32 gigs is far to little and it will cost them, just like it did with the Wii U.

Zelda khm khm

The Switch should be fine, as far as games go. Nintendo will have all their teams making games for it, rather than some making games for Wii U and some for 3DS. That's the whole point of the Switch, to have all their software on one platform.

Whether that will work out in the end is yet to be seen, but it does seem like a pretty good move.

khm?

>rather than some making games for Wii U and some for 3DS
Do you think they will abandon 3ds now?
It will be shitty move.

>Wii U failed because of the lack of critical games coming out at a regular pace.

so why not just make more games instead of a new console

Splatoon also looks like WiiU game and i think supposed to be on it.

>Putting all their eggs in one basket

That would be the stupidest possible thing Nintendo could do.

It's the Blizzard/EA strategy. Ignore the fans for the entirety of the release, then parrot their early concerns far after the fact. While proceeding to make every single mistake again.

It's getting SMT, Disgaea, probably Monster Hunter.. It's basically the 3DS HD and it's going to be great.

Do you know how much a Switch would cost with 500GB of storage? It would cost literally hundreds more. It doesn't use a shitty HDD like the PS4 and XBone uses, they wouldn't physically fit in the machine. PS4 and XBone games have huge installs for each game, the Switch will not. This means that the 32GB console will be an issue only if you download games, in which case you can buy a SDXC card if you really want.

he says this every time, he's a salesman

it's his job to say what you want to hear and he's been doing it for years

when will you retards learn

Wii U failed because of it's horrible marketing.
To this day there are confused parents who think it's a tablet add-on to the Wii.

>the next TRUE installment

It's going to happen.. Duck Hunt 2.

>the Switch will not
Yeah because it won't get those games period.

It's not just the PS4 and Xbone, the PC has fuckhuge games too.

Developers aren't going to ignore the benefits of three platforms just to adhere to one. They tried to do that with the N64 by cutting out cutscenes and other shit to save space and they eventually just gave up.

Reggie said this in the video in the op.

Their new philosophy on games/consoles is fling shit at a wall and see what sticks. Go double or nothing on everything. They gained this mindset ever since the Wii took off.

The Wii was the first real innovation and gimmick they based a whole console around, and it sold like hotcakes. That's why Star Fox was ridden with a gimmick, they didn't see it selling enough, so they shoehorned it in. That's why there will never be an F-Zero, if they can't "innovate" it, then it won't hit the millions they're looking for.

Yes the Switch will not get Batman Arkham Whatever or Assassins Creed Infinite or Call of Duty Electric Boogaloo

It will get Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, Story of Seasons, etc. It's effectively the successor to the 3DS and you can already see that just by looking at the lineup.

So it will sell like shit again.

I want to giv that man a kiss

People go out of their way to buy those games you listed, why do you think Sony getting CoD maps first was such a big deal.

Its cute how you retarded nintendo fanboys think a console doesn't need that stuff, the Wii U already proved they do.

HAHAHAAHAH didn't he say the same thing when the Wii took off but no one bought any other game besides wii sports

The best selling games where New Super Mario, Smash and Carnival Games, with New Super Mario at the top with like 30 million.

Which is rather interesting as the Wii sold a 100 million so only about 1/4th of the overall's Wii install base actually bought the game.

I feel like Nintendo is fighting a losing battle trying to court over 3rd parties this late.

Why would your average consumer who already has a PS4 shell out $360+ for a portable version of Madden or FIFA? The portability does sound nice, but not $360+ nice, so they'll probably just settle for the PS4 version just to save some money.

If the Switch launched at the same time as the PS4 and Xbone, this would be a different story. Unfortunately, it's launching at what is pretty much the mid point in their competition's life cycle, so no one is going to be interested in buying it unless they either don't already have a current gen console, or are Nintendo fanboys.

At least the system is poised to sell more than the Wii U due to a much better name and marketing behind the system, but I don't expect it to reach 3DS numbers until its library is more established and it gets a price cut.

all they need to do is marketing like this and they will sell like 60 million
IT WORKED for the Gameboy back in the day

this was in 2006, if Nintendo gets pound after pound of pussy in marketing they will sell 100 million like the original wii

>more haloid

die

Those days are long since over friend,.

Nintendo isn't trying to get multiplats on it though, everyone who wants multiplats already has a ps4 or xbone. Nintendo is pushing for third parties to make games like they did on the 3DS.

Which they aren't going to do, or have you noticed how barren 3DS release have been for almost 2 years

The 3ds has gotten more use than any of my current consoles in the past year.

>the next "true" installement
>a new Metroid Prime

More like why bother going for the Madden and FIFA audience when its pointless?
That market is shit. Xbox and PS4 are already one too many, as evidenced by PS4 soaking up all the sale from this extremely samey userbase.

Nintendo had a steady stream of third party support on their handhelds since always and people bought their handheld because of that+their own handheld lineup.

Those third parties are worth MUCH more to Nintendo than garbage like EA so they should focus on those. And it looks like they're already trying by gettin SE, Atlus and NiS on board.

Nintendo has been teaming up with Playboy when it comes to marketing for years now.

It's marketing damage control son, don't read too much into it. It's the same reason they say their old platforms will still be relevant when the new ones come out, they want maximum shekel. Corporations aren't your friend.