KOTOR 2

Currently playing this game for the first time and I keep getting my ass handed to me, any tips?
>inb4 git gud

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489492598&searchtext=
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dunno, I'm playing through it right now too, as a consular. The hardest stuff I've run into is playing as other characters on Nar Shaddaa (with the restored content mod), though grenades and making Atton a Jedi help a lot.

I just got off the station at Telos and I keep getting fucked by the mercenaries and for some reason my meele attacks are garbage and I miss most the time and I have to rely on my force shock.

Max strength and constitution.

apathy

What's wrong with relying on force shock? Or use blasters maybe?

Also I just did that dungeon on my light-side consular who still electrocutes everything, and it was a bitch: if you're light side, the dungeon suppresses force point regeneration.

The mercs off of Telos station are legit the hardest enemies in the game. Because by that point, you are still under leveled with shit companions.

Best just to spam mines or grenades at them.

And go to Dantooine first. You get the OP crystal and build your lightsaber faster that way.

where exactly are you getting your ass whooped?

Only have a certain amount of the force I can use before I have to wait for it to regen, also my party keeps dying

You should also be able to shock things with Kreia, or are you burning through her force points too?

Use atton as your main cheeser. He has a passive to let him get back up after his hp hits zero. It's slow, but he'll eventually take them down. Turn solo mode on or let the AI fight to stop everyone else from fighting. And use grenades/mines.

post your character info, bruh, screenshots

this
doesn't have to be a pic, but post your data
also if worst comes to worse you can always lower the difficulty

Yeah I guess I will switch her for atton
Also here you go.

>atton
Abuse his self revival.

Constitution is not a dump stat. Also being level 10 with wisdom and charisma both at 17 is a mistake. In d20, attributes only matter in multiples of 2, which is stupid, but that's how it is.

well no fucking wonder you're dying, son

What does Constitution do exactly?

It's max hp. Buff that shit as soon as you can.

>getting fucked up in KOTOR2
I don't compute. Not even trying to be a dick, I just don't understand how some one could have trouble with these games that I beat as a retarded child. Just do recommended everything for level ups, that should be enough to get you by if you really don't grasp it.

I can't remember what point you're in the game (Telos is the part where your ship crashes right?), but I can assure you that Bao-DURRR is not useful. Always bring Kreia since she gives you more experience points and can actually. Your other companion is Atton, so stick with him.
Also, PLEASE raise your constitution, the majority of damage that will be inflicted should be on you. It's an essential stat if you ask me, and there are many certain sections of the game where you're forced to be alone and there will be hordes of enemies and boss fights ready to fuck you up late game. Just, raise constitution and a stat that relies on attack or force power.

OP neither can I honestly the combat isn't all that hard. I've just fucked up leveling up.

Ending sucks, as if getting to it wasn't bad enough.

That's one of the worst parts in the game. The best thing I found was to keep making hit and run attacks and always leave at least one party member at a far enough distance in case a total party kill is inevitable. Saving in between fights doesn't hurt either. It's a good time to start spamming energy shields and stims as well.

Not him, but Con gives you a flat bonus to how much health you gain per-level based on that bonus. It also factors in to some saves and other stuff.

Dexterity gives a bonus to your AC (chance to get hit) and accuracy with ranged weapons, as well as affects your reflex save, helps you take less damage

strength factors in to your damage and your likelihood to hit on melee attacks

intelligence affects a lot of skill checks, and how many skill points you get

wis I'm pretty sure affects your maximum mana pool and how effective your force powers are

charisma I'm not sure factors into anything except for maybe some powers and your persuasion/intimidate checks

also, stat bonuses are flat and increase every 2, like so

7: -2
8: -1
9: -1
10: +0
11: +0
12:+1
13: +1

and so on

Yeah, I posted before looking at your stats. My god, man.

**Always bring Kreia since she gives you more experience points and can actually defend herself.
I fucked up

also, I believe there are some feats that increase your maximum health at level up

OP, post what skills you're rolling with, also maybe your equipment

also, you ARE leveling your team mates, right?

In KOTOR 2, the DC on offensive force power saving throws is 5 + level + wisdom + charisma. Charisma also reduces the off-alignment force power tax, and I think adds to your party members' hit rolls.

OP here, just beat the area using my force lightning, that shit is OP.

It is, the more evil you are, the more OP it gets

A good way to cheese fights is through use of mining the ever-loving shit out hallways you know they'd run down. I did that a ton in kotor I and II and it worked great.

Also learn how to effectively kite things. Especially for bosses. Just throw in your two party members (keep them alive as long as you can, of course) as a distraction while you get enough distance. Then when they're both dead you can just run in wide circles around it and occasionally turn around and shoot it

note that it only works if you have health regen

It doesn't get more OP, it just gets cheaper. But at high levels, with force forms and feats and gear and stuff, you can be full-on Jedi Jesus and still spamming the shit out of Force Storm.

An ability that costs nothing while still being able to decimate multiple enemies seems pretty op to me.

Full dark side is a 50% cost reduction. But as I said, if you build for shooting lightning, alignment doesn't matter.

Did being full light boosts costs? Because I made jedi jesus shoot lighting like it was nothing.

What the fuck, even on the hardest difficulty both kotor games are easy as fuck. Unless you somehow extremely gimped your starting build you should be able to play through the whole game without even controlling your companions even on very hard.

>Choose Jedi Jesus
>Go dark side
I don't understand you.
Shoulda gona with dex rather than strength. There's a skill that allows you to use dex as a modifier instead of str for lightsabres, and until you get your sabre you could have shoot straight with blasters. Early melee is a shit idea with low con.

But hey, too late now. Enjoy the sufferin' and knowledge that you've done pretty much everything wrong, not the least of which is making Jedi Jesus a bad guy.

JEDI CONSULAR
8 STR
14 DEX
14 CON
14 INT
14 WIS
14 CHA

Get master two weapon fighting and then master rapid fire.
Get two decent pistols and go to town with fear or stun, dependent of your morality.
Ez pz lemon squee z

IS DEATH

>Ez pz lemon squee z
Ezed pezed lemon squeezed?

>But hey, too late now. Enjoy the sufferin' and knowledge that you've done pretty much everything wrong, not the least of which is making Jedi Jesus a bad guy.

There is no way I'm gonna play all that shit again, guess I will just play the rest of the game like this.

Replayed it a couple of weeks ago as a dark side consular on hard and it's piss easy. Fuck everything with lightning and stasis field while kreia spams buffs in the back.
And force crush in late game is just imbalanced. 200+ damage and short immobilize with no savethrows is just stupid. Neither Nihilus, nor Sion, nor Traya even got close to me.
It feels good in terms of immersion and lore, that you're fucking force incarnate and just snap sith lords in half with your fingers, but it makes combat really boring and annoying.

exactly
SQUEEEZED the life out of everybody you come across preceeded by gibberish

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489492598&searchtext=

>first ever playthrough
>great build up to nihilus
>fight arrives
>oh fuck this is gonna be awesome
>FLURRY FLURRY FLURRY MASTER HEAL
>he dies almost instantaneously

incredibly disappointing

>not going for a force gunslinger build
>tfw doing 200 unstoppable damage per round and can kite around any boss fight with plague

fucked up when i distributed stats in character creator i think but o well

>Constitution 8
Wew lad

Yeah, I oneshotted nihilus with force crush this time. Not sure how I feel about it.
Still I never played kotor for sake of gameplay, I see it as something to endure untill you get to next dialogue, so doesn't matter really

I somehow managed to get my strength to 40 on my last playthrough just before the end of the game, some of the armor they throw at you is fucking ridiculous

got handmaiden and hanharr as my meatshields famalam

god dammit, I guess now I have to reinstall this

What build should I do? I've only ever done guardian/str

force monk

split attribute points between charisma, wisdom, constitution, and dexterity and grab the feat that lets you use dex or strength for your melee attack rolls

grab the force buffs like speed, valor, and battle meditation

get force scream so enemies will get shit saves and attack rolls so you can rape them even further

Time for dex! Remember, it can work for lightsabres as well in this game.

What class are you? What are your stats? What feats and Force powers do you have?

Dual-wielding dark-side consular, all gear and crystals on wisdom
After surviving ridicilously tedious and slow peragus and telos, you become unstoppable fuckmachine and cool sith wizard vibes.

Decent, but wouldn't an Atton/T3 dual blasters combo be so damage dealing it'd just insta kill anything you look at?

also go unarmed, as either guardian or consular

hanharr and handmaiden with ~40 str already fuck shit up and with wookie rage its already 2ez

Is it the legend27?

Oh come on. Bao-Dur isn't THAT bad, general.

I remember struggling more against the Trandoshans on the Yavin IV orbital station thingy

>be non english speaker kid only learning that shit
>kotor 2 is my first kinda dnd based rpg so i have no idea how it works
>donwload a fan translation (cooperative project)
>they dont make the distinction between crucial shit attack or damage, using the same word for both, or diferent ones for the same thing
>some words flat out has no equivalent word that make snese like feat, dextinerity, fortitude, rogue and many more
>confused as fuck

To this day every time i replay it i notice new things i missed last time/ optimize shit better due to my understanding of both english and the system increases. To the point that in recen playthroughs my eniter party is composed of demigod jedis.

Hot tips:
-attributes (strength, wisdom...) only grant 1 bonus (modifier) for every 2 point spent above 10 (so 10 str gives 0 bonus, 12 gives 1, 14 gives 2, 8 gives -1), and these bonuses are whats counted, not the number itself. So try to keep them at an even number
-each skill (repair, computer use etc...) has a connected attribute (str,dex...) whos modifier gets added to the skill (so if you have 10 computer use, and 12 intelignece, the 1 modifier from inteligence gets added to comp. use making it 11)
-theres a force power which gives +5 to all attribute, which translates to +2 modifier (+3 if the atribute was odd), which results ina +2 increase in all skills. use that if theres a check you want to do (opening locks, defusing mines, some dialog options)
-always max perusation
-you can either max out OR bottom out influence with a party member to unlock thier bonuses and turn them into jedis (or siths).
-dont lvl anyone up until they get a jedi class (sans the droids)
-you need awarenes to turn mira, computer+repair+inteligence to fix t3. invest in those skills if you want them (the above mentioned force power, and relevant equipments helps)
-Kreia and you have a bond, any buff kreia uses on herself you get it too. mkae her learn all that shit.

Darth Sion is sleeps-with-vibroblades, not Kreia.

>Kreia and you have a bond, any buff kreia uses on herself you get it too. mkae her learn all that shit.

It also works the other way around. If the Exile is the buffer of the party, then let Kreia have fun with the dark side powers.

>sentinel
>only 10 intelligence
son, with that build you should have gone consular to get a lot of force shit and then sith master for your prestige class for 50 more additional force points.

That shouldn't come as a surprise, though. The game implies or says that Nihilus isn't especially powerful, he just hungers. The Exile completely counters his one ability, so all that's left is a man.

>shit master

That 50 force power is useless

huh, if both uses battle meditation, do they get double bonuses?

>That shouldn't come as a surprise, though. The game implies or says that Nihilus isn't especially powerful, he just hungers

Explicitly stated by Kreia (I'm not sure if TSLRCM is needed to hear her say it, though). She all but says that Darth Nihilus's hunger for all life is not his strength, but rather, his weakness. If he's not stopped, his hunger will eventually consume him, too.

Since Battle Meditation affects the whole party anyway, probably not.

It also determines what level implants you can use. +2 to all attributes is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm pretty sure Kreia's real objective was in fact to eliminate Sion and Nihilus, because they'd gotten too big for their britches. She wanted to be right, they wanted to eliminate all Jedi. She tried to put them in their place, but they were stronger. She realized that only another victim of Malachor could defeat Nihilus, so she sought out the Exile. Likewise, Sion could only be defeated by being displaced, since all his complexes are focused on Kreia, so she needed another apprentice. She played everyone like a fiddle, but didn't come through the experience unchanged herself.

>all force-users have windows installed.
>nihilus has bullshit unstoppable malware
>uses it to fuck up any other force user who opposes him
>jedi council uninstalled windows from mc
>mc installs lunix
>nihilus gets btfo because of his over-reliance on his malware

What are some other games with god tier writing like kotor 2?

>lunix
I fucked up...

Some of the less lucid parts of Morrowind are, at least, as interesting as KOTOR 2. Otherwise, I dunno, I liked Dear Esther. But that's one of the forbidden opinions.