What if the Switcharoo was actually advertised as a handheld rather than a regular console?

What if the Switcharoo was actually advertised as a handheld rather than a regular console?

Would you retards actually be impressed with having a handled machine as powerful as an xbox 360? I'm curious.
>inb4 Nintendrone
I don't own any consoles. I have a decent PC

FPS and power don't really impress me, as long as it's above potato quality i'm sated.

I want good games first and foremost but the Switch has some pants on head retarded pricing as well as paid online.

I basically agree verbatim with this guy. I reckon the switch (especially those ludicrously-priced peripherals) will go down within the year so I'll probably get one by then.

>pricing
The 3ds launched at $250 USD
>paid online
Every consoles has it now. It's unavoidable. Unless you get a PC
>games
It's current lineup is slim. But every console launches with little to nothing to play.

Nintendrone

Forgot to add
A much less powerful handled luanched for 50 dollars less.
Everyone is getting pissy over the controller prices. Some go as far as to include it with the price of the console and add it up. Unless you're a mong, you'd know that every console brings a controller with it.

If you think of it as a purely handheld only system.

It's fucking amazing spec/title wise.

>Every consoles has it now. It's unavoidable. Unless you get a PC

Except the other consoles get decent 3rd party support. So they have tons of online multiplayer games.
They also give you fairly recent games and let you keep them as long as you subscribe. Nintendo seems to be giving 20-30 year old ROMs for only a month.

Problem being as powerful as an Xbox 360 means third party are going to hate fucking developing for it. Leads to only indies and a handful of devs to work on games exclusive to the switch, which might be all the former DS developers, but they cannot get away with pixelated graphics anymore. So who the fuck knows who are going to develop for it.

Can't argue with that.
If they do manage to get third party games the switch might succeed where the nvidia shield failed. Normies would totally be able to play CoD multiplayer off a wifi connection from a handheld. In decent quality

I guess that would be more impressive, yes. I might think, 'finally a handheld that I could easily play on my TV if only new games were actually worth playing'. But I'd also think, 'why not just make a proper console?' and 'why do I care anyway, video games are shit.'.

>Every consoles has it now.
If all the other kids jumped off a cliff, would you? The other poofters doing it is not an excuse.

>less than 30 fps
>720p

My mobile phone is better.

Even if it doesn't get third part support t might still prove to be a moderate success like the 3ds. If they decide to stop making handhelds they could just release everything on the switch. Games like monster hunter and pokemon will easily make this console sale. If people carry around a 3ds when they go to friends' houses to play games like monster huner and pokemon together, I'm pretty sure those same people are going to bring their switch with them. The leap in quality to this handheld is astounding.

>>>>/notV?/

Your phone also has a tiny screen and lower output resolution.

It is for nintendo. Obviously people are paying this stupid fees, or they would have gotten rid of them. Seeing their competitors rake in cash from online 'services' with no repercussions? They'd be stupid not to attempt it.

I don't really give a shit about consoles being handhelds or home systems, since I never take them outside either way. As long as it has games I want to play I'm fine with it.

Yeah, so maybe I would be impressed if it was marketed as a handheld. The issue for me is - I don't give a shit about handhelds. I'll fucking read a book or talk to people on commutes, but I mostly just want a home console with GAMESSEssSe. I just want a Nintendo console without any gimmicks, and at this point I don't get my hopes up anymore.

>What if the Switcharoo was actually advertised as a handheld rather than a regular console?
Honestly this is what will make or break the system, as far as I can see.

Not so much advertising alone, but how they choose to position the Switch in the market. If they continue to support the 3DS, or even launch a successor, they will fuck over the Switch and it will bomb.

If, however, it's true that this will be Nintendo's only platform, then I think it will succeed by virtue of the fact that it will have Nintendo's entire repertoire on one device. If Vita devs jump ship as well, that's just a bonus.

I already have a ps4 so I have a powerhouse system. The switch just looks fun and I'm looking forward to enjoying what it will have in the next few years.