Saw this for sale on Steam. How is it? Would it satisfy my desire to conquer the galaxy?

Saw this for sale on Steam. How is it? Would it satisfy my desire to conquer the galaxy?

Seconding more info

It's pretty much unfinished.

its more of a role playing game then a galaxy conquest game, i enjoy it

Kind of this
BUT it feels pretty satisfying conquering the galaxy. I like this game it satisfies my RTS needs

if you dont get the dlc its not worth it, think about that when factoring in cost

That sounds fine. What about the parts where you conquer pre-ftl planets?

I was planing on getting the base game first, then buying the dlc later on if I enjoyed it.

>What about the parts where you conquer pre-ftl planets?
uplift them and integrate them into your space empire or invade and enslave them, your pick

The mid-game get's very repetitive, the UI needs work on delivering information, it needs more hotkeys, and combat is poorly balanced.
I haven't played in a long while so they might've updated it since then, but even with it's flaws it was still good fun for 15-ish hours.
If you do go in just know that after your first war cunts are going to start forming alliances, so when you declare war on one person you're gonna be fighting two or three instead. The best way i found to work around this was to wipe out their fleets first and then before the war was over go full scorched earth on the alliance systems even/especially if you can't win their planets in that war. Then when the first guy surrenders, immediately re-declare on another member of the alliance, because your armistice applies per civ, not per alliance.

It's pretty shit and way too easy once you play for a few hours. Get Sins of a Solar Empire if you want galactic conquest.

you can show up and slap their shit with an invasion or do it covertly

then its slavery or extermination or what ever

Can this game run on a toaster?

the way warscore works is so retarded, every war its me vs every one else in the galaxy and i have to conquer the ENTIRE GALAXY just to take 2-3 worlds then wait 10 years for treaty to end then do it all again

and thats just the tip of the ice berg

Uplifting them is best option for conquering pre-ftl planets. They see you as their saviors and are happy as fuck. Or you could just wait until they become FTL capable and conquer them the fun way.

lmao

the leviathans DLC adds next to nothing

i've experienced something like 4 battles that were leviathan stuff in 50 hours of play

It's the hard as fuck until about 4 hours and then it's easy as fuck/ I didn't enjoy it much. However there's some nice mods for it.

Non-TLDR version; Get fucked in the ass by bandits. Then try to colonize a planet. Fuck it's inside another faction you didn't know was there - They and 4 other planets attack you gg. 7-10 times this happens to me

If this doesn't happen and you survive till mid game then from then on it's building up fleets and SLOWLY absorb the rest of the galaxy.

Also spam the smallest fastest units to win

i heard this game sucks because it forces you to cede most of your planets to AI control, and the AI is incompetent

The game is mediocre for many reasons, the AI controlled planets is one of them.

The one new and decent that Stellaris brings to the table are its science vessels and exploration scheme.

Outside of that, everything is a little derivative, and occasionally frustrating.

Sins was/is a awesome game, but you can win just by sitting back and getting other planets to switch over to you, or by hiring pirates. Ok pirates are cool :) but planet losing is just weak.

It's definitely unfinished.

That said, it's still one of my favorite games from last year. It feels good to build up a fun 4X empire with your custom made alien races, and also to see your previously made races appear in your games.

That said, Federations are absolute dogshit (can only make decisions for 10 years, and then have to wait a minimum of 30 years until the next decision? FUCK THAT) Keep in mind that one in-game year is 6 minutes. So you have to wait 3 hours of ingame time before you get control over basic shit, and if you leave SURPRISE THEY ALL HATE YOU AND CONQUER YOU!

But at least they made Slavery less OP. You used to be able to make a species that was HAPPIER when enslaved than free. And you can no longer vassalize 10 weaker species and then conquer a much more powerful one, and use the more powerful one to do all of your fighting. Instead the powerful one will just rebel against you directly, and your vassals might join him.

That said, it's fucking fun.

Wait for Endless Space 2 famalam

AHHA HAHA HAH AHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH AHAHA H AHA HA HA HA HA H AH AHHA H AH AH AHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The exterminate option used to be called genocide.

better off playing distant worlds, to bad its mostly never on sale.

I legitimately think its one of the best introductory 4X games on the market, and iv played them all.

I probably wouldn't have said that a few months ago, but the last update was great, and the next update looks even better.

This

>Keep in mind that one in-game year is 6 minutes
>playing on normal speed
End thyself

>AFK battles
No thanks

Be sure to get the /gsg/ essentials mod

Gimme the skinny on it.

Did they ever fix the glitch where the AI just lets the Game Enders shit all over them and doesn't do anything to really fight them?

Yes

i havent played stellaris, but if it's anything like CK2 you should be able to change the waiting time to enact decisions in federations after spending a few minutes in the game's .txt files

What about the speed drops lategame?

That would be handy.

It's a leadership position that cycles through Federation members, when it should just be a mass vote or based upon a government type of the federation leaders.

Did they finally stop sperging out about the game every time it's brought up?

EXPAND THE IMPERIUM
LOYALTY UNTIL DEATH
SERVICE GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP
EXTERMINATE THE XENO SCUM

Can empires you've completed a game with show up as Fallen Empires?

>autosave makes the game stop for a couple seconds, no matter how powerful your computer is
>ironman mode autosaves every fucking month
Fucking Paradox, either make autosaves seamless or lower ironman autosave frequency to six months. It's really obnoxious when you're playing on the fastest speed.

anyone play the star wars mod? how good is it?

No idea.
No one has ever completed a game before.

Its flawed, and still needs work.

But there is nothing as satisfying as subverting an alien race with infiltration agents, absorbing them into your empire, enslaving them, mind controlling them, turning them into genetically engineered shocktroops, and using them to fight a forever war against the rest of the galaxy.

>spawn next to primitives with the very strong trait
That's when I know it's gonna be a good game

>autosave makes the game stop for a couple seconds
Stop playing on a toaster.

>tfw you find Earth and it's a Tomb World

Always makes me sad

>hoping for Victoria II in space
>it's actually just shit

>Find Earth
>It's in the middle of WWII
>Decide to Enlighten it
>It adopts a red and black cross as its logo
>Realize I've made a terrible mistake

>Fanatic-Militarist Xenophobes

You supported the right side.

You can play as a literal space Hitler, so there's that.

But no white people allowed goyim

found the (((Benevolent Interventionist)))

>tfw you spawn in a system with a post atomic pre FTL civ on another planet
>tfw they hit FLT before you can even get a second ship built
>tfw your lonely little starting ships are now bombarding a whole race of people that were just a tad to slow

I made a whole history in my head of the two planets. Of souring relations as they talked to each other and a great space race that ended in my race just narrowly beating out theirs for control of the system.

It's good fun but very unfinished. However, there are also a ton of quality mods that go a long way towards fixing it up. It's pretty good with mods, and each patch has significantly improved the game itself and it's getting closer to finished every update. The next major patch completely overhauls pop ethics, the government system, and faction (competing groups within each empire) relationships.

Don't forget to eat your neighbors as soon as possible so they can't form such alliances, to allow yourself a material foothold to stand tooe to toe with full alliances when they do.
oh wait, since colonization gimps your science and claiming land gimps your government there's no winning in that situation

Distant Worlds: Universe is far, far better.

If we are talking 1-1. Stellaris is basically Sword of the Stars but real time and missing a shitload of content.

No.

t. /gsg/

Although I think Stellaris has pretty much fucked off to /4x/.

What do you mean by 1-1?

I wish, I have to go to both /civ4xg/ and /gsg/ to get discussion for the games I like. /gsg/ is extremely autistic about what games it likes, and despite practically being paradox general Stellaris isn't one of those games.

/civ4xg/ is much more chill and enjoyable anyway.

I completed a game at launch. Do you wanna see your reward for winning? That. No cutscene, no happy little fanfare with confetti, just YOU'RE WINNER

Haven't played since.

>Imperium of Man

>/gsg/ is extremely autistic about what games it likes, and despite practically being paradox general Stellaris isn't one of those games.
To be fair, Stellaris is a 4X and not a Grand Strategy.

Was my first and only game, Mike. Went vanilla 40k humans to get a handle on the basics. If you really want to be upset the first time I played Crusader Kings 2 I played in Ireland, and the first time I played Europa Universalis 4 I played France, and most upsetting of all I never played Alcohol Factory Simulator.

>colonizing the muhfuggin galaxy
>come across a world that nuked itself to shit (called tomb worlds)
>discover a race of bug people called "Roachoids"
>intellectually uplift them
>Now able to colonize other tomb worlds which were previously uninhabitable with Cockroach people

If this is the kind of shit you like you should get the game when it goes to 50% or less

Much better than stuff like Master of Orion, GalCiv3 IMO

>GalCiv3

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The new Master of Orion is tolerable now though. Not particularly great but playable.

Comparing games one to one. Apples and apples.

OP here. Just got done playing for three hours. I think I'm going to like this game.