Binding of Issac Afterbirth Physical Version >Confirmed for March 3 Launch Day Release by Gamestop

>Binding of Issac Afterbirth Physical Version >Confirmed for March 3 Launch Day Release by Gamestop

Potential game worth buying at launch that isn't Zelda or Bomberman coming through haters.

Nice to know, especially since people have wanted BoI in physical form for a long time.

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/01/puyo-puyo-tetris-coming-west-ps4-switch-spring
youtube.com/watch?v=hoFjV_hmgw0
youtube.com/watch?v=2Gi4hgkywdc
youtube.com/watch?v=QpfQo8Qng6Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was going to call bait but it's really $40 what the fuck? it's a fucking $20 indie game that's like 4 years old.

>port of a 4 year old game coming through haters
>cross gen game that looks better on the previous console coming through haters
>fifteenth installment of a game that's the same every time but this time it has micro-transactions this time coming through haters

Rebirth ($15) + Afterbirth ($10.99) + Afterbirth+ ($9.99) = $35.98
Enjoy that steak.

most of those are still placeholders, but shovelknight was 30 on the WiiU mostly because of the physical print.

It was cheaper digitally

>shitting on Bomberman
OVER THE LINE

>Game+all DLC on Steam for $36
>Physical release is $40
I mean I guess that isn't the worst deal, but it's a weird way of selling a title where the base game is $15.
Is the base game going to be available at it's normal price digitally?

>The Binding of Issac
>THIRTY-NINE NINETY-NINE US DOLLARS

Yeah and USFII is forty USD at launch as well. They gotta recoup the cost of developing for that piece of shit the best they can or else they're fucked.

That game doesn't look that good though.

It's the only physical release of Isaac as far as I know, so I'll pay the print tax if that's the case.

This isnt for you, its for collectors who want physical and people trying to justify their day 1 purchase of the switch.

Seems like a good choice, though. This would be a fun game to play on the go.

>PuyoPuyo Tetris coming to switch and ps4
>Switch version is $40
>PS4 Version is $30

The price gouging on switch games is stupid as hell.

>no mod tools
n-nintendo wins again!
they sure did a 180 from when they wouldn't allow isaac on the 3ds though. getting desperate?

also Vita/n3DS versions never getting any DLC, so there's that

With the plethora of DLC. This is Afterbirth Plus. Afterbirth with all the DLC is 36 dollars. You're paying 4 dollars more for a physical copy of a great game. Scrounge the couch to find the extra 4. It's not that bad of a deal.

>every reviewer says it performs like shit
>every reviewer says it's boring
>less than 2 months till release
>modern Konami micro transactions

delusional nintendrone

Ignoring of course that the game and all its dlc is on sale so frequently that the amount of people who actually paid $36 of it probably couldn't fill a city bus.

another overrated turd

I mean indie game

>all these people defending paying 40 dollars for a game if made 20 years ago would be free on newgrounds

>giving Edmund "open the hatch when you download my patch" McMillen 40 dollars

It's because the Switch version comes with two keychains. Digital is the same price as PS4.

>Afterbirth+
>Literally the worst version of the game by far
>Won't have any of the Mod Boosters more than likely
I don't get it, what's the point.

>Afterbirth Plus
Into the trash it goes.

It's the only physical version of Rebirth.

source plz, would be interested in reading

>cross gen game that looks better on the previous console
That's complete horseshit and you know it.

None of the store pages I've seen say anything about keychains.

Was unaware of that!

>haters.

please stop millenialling this board up

Literally every news article about it details it.

gematsu.com/2017/01/puyo-puyo-tetris-coming-west-ps4-switch-spring
>The Nintendo Switch retail edition will include two keychains players can use to show off their Puyo Puyo or Tetris allegiance – one keychain features a green Puyo, and the other features a purple T Tetrimino.

>$40 for Afterbirth+ physical

I rather pay $20 or less for it.

But Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ were mediocre as fuck, and this won't even have the main reason people wanted Afterbirth+ (mod tools)

Don't waste your money on this people, the Antibirth fan mod for Rebirth on PC is what these expansions should have been

The fuck, why doesn't PC or PS4 have a physical version of Isaac

Why are you all surprised by the price?

That's how much a steak costs.

It's a steak man, you can eat it for just $20.

it better be some damn good kobe steak

But it's Isaac we're talking about here

>ab+

>micro transactions
Everyone who is claiming this is retarded or I misremembered what the dude said during the Treehouse. My impression was that the coins or whatever you use to buy stuff was just in-game currency.

We only serve the finest Edmund steaks.

Physical indie games should stop

Read the reply chain you dumdum. It started with somebody talking about price gouging in relation to Puyo Puyo Tetris.

delete this

have a source for this?

Yes. That is what he said. People are just assuming and being retards.

>see this
>hope 3DS version comes west too eventually

>rebirth is 4 years old

It looks like it runs fine.
youtube.com/watch?v=hoFjV_hmgw0

It's not a 4 year old game anymore, in fact the newest expansion was in 2017. The Switch version is coming out 2 months after the PC version did, which isn't late at all considering it's going to be a launch title.

The price is fair, too. The difference between buying the game on steam without a sale and buying the physical version for Switch is $4, which isn't much at all for a physical release of a digital game.

It's worth noting the devs are going to add new free DLC packs to the game every single month for a full year, which means the Switch version will be getting 9 or 10 updates minimum. That makes it a pretty good game to get if you enjoy roguelites, because new content every month means it'll have plenty of replay-ability even in the long-term.

I wish I could get into Binding of Isaac. As it stands I'll stick with Zelda and Bomberman at launch.

Incorrect, the price is the same on both consoles, but the physical version only exists on Switch (and happens to cost more). The Switch physical game also comes with feelies, 2 little keychains. If you want it for $30 you can get it digitally on Switch, just like on the PS4.

Not to mention the very simple fact that buying a Switch game is like getting 2 games in 1, since you have the TV version and the portable version. They could totally justify a game costing slightly more if they wanted to, not that they are.

>4 years
Nigga it's LITERALLY 2 weeks old.

>But Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ were mediocre as fuck, and this won't even have the main reason people wanted Afterbirth+ (mod tools)
It'll come with the monthly content patches that add in the best of the best mods, though.

What's stopping you? If it isn't just "the gameplay isn't my thing" you can work with it.

>but the physical version only exists on Switch
No it's getting a 30 dollar physical only release on PS4.

>fun game to play on the go

Yes, that's why I have it on my laptop.

It's the gameplay isn't my thing. It's just a little slow for my taste.

Slow as in the base gameplay? When you get good a full run can be completed in 30 minutes or so.

Base gameplay. But the only rogue like I ever got into was Nuclear Throne which is more for the twitch shooter aspects than anything else. I may give this a shot though. Something to play on the Switch.

>paying for Afterbirth
>when Antibirth its the true way to play the game

This. I never liked modding games but this is so much better than Afterbirth it's ridiculous. Also fuck Fatmund

>reminder that the Antibirth people are working the Edmund to add Antibirth to Afterbirth+ as a mod, and when it's finished it'll be added to every version of Afterbirth+, including the Switch version, through the free monthly updates Afterbirth+ will get all of 2017 at a minimum

Not that guy, but I seem to get bored after a floor, maybe 2. It just doesn't seem that engaging to me, is there something I can do to help with that or should I just accept the game isn't for me?

Wait, the creators are cool with that? That's pretty neat.

>$40
Isn't this $4 on steam? What the fuck?

Don't the Antibirth people hate Afterbirth+?

It depends on how you get bored. You DO know you unlock tons of cool new characters and items as you progress through the overall game, right? The main character even unlocks an item that can let you re-roll other items you don't like, which lets you have a better chance of finding fun items or cool combos.

Personally I have a ton of fun with item combos, I have about 60 hours into the newest expansion so far and still haven't seen a bunch of combos I'm looking forward to trying. One of the recent ones I liked was combining an item that replaces your tears with missile strikes and one that removes your tears but gives you a knife you can throw, and when combined you shoot missiles that explode into knives in 8 directions. I added a homing item and suddenly my missile-targeting reticle homed a bit on enemies when I wasn't controlling it, and the knives swiveled around a bit to hit them as they flew past. If that kind of experimentation and the wonder of seeing new stuff in the game doesn't appeal to you, it might just not be your kind of game.

$35 on steam

Edmund, the Isaac series creator, actually specifically reached out to the Antibirth mod team so that he could give them the Afterbirth+ official mod tools for free before the DLC with mod tools became officially available to the public. Not sure if they took him up on the offer though.

I don't know, but if they did wouldn't they see it as the chance to improve it? Obviously they love the series overall since they spent years making a mod for it.

$15 for the only worthwhile part of the game

>modern Konami micro transactions

GONNA NEED A CITATION OTHER THAN "BUT IT'S KONAMI LOL"

>it's boring

those fucking """""reviewers""""" don't deserve nice things.

I don't know much about the characters or combos, but I know they're there. My boredom kind of centers around the slower gameplay at the beginning of the game and the lack of any real knowledge about combinations of weapons. Maybe I need to watch some videos and see what can be done late game.

potentially Fire Emblem depending on the news tomorrow

They disliked some stuff at first, because the game had a rocky start. They warmed up once the dev team fixed shit though. Edmund nerfed portals in 3 different ways (less health, appear less often, and only spawn 1-5 enemies before despawning) and he added a fatigue timer to the stone fatties. He nerfed the bosses that people thought were way too OP. Keep in mind the first patches with stuff like this started coming out 2 days after the game was out, and 2 weeks later he's still adding new balance tweaks with updates to make people happy. I think the Antibirth people were in the "it sucks" crowd before Ed fixed stuff, and now they're really happy about it in general.

>Bad games should be free

It's never gonna happen, just don't buy the Switch version.

Which version of the game do you have? There's the base Rebirth, the DLC Afterbirth, and the newest one Afterbirth+. I can link some videos appropriate for your game if it helps.

I already got this game for free on PSPLUS like 2 years ago it's great but no thanks

Who said things should be free? Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ straight up aren't worth the price at all, and Rebirth is

If they had a launch title, they wouldn't have waited until a week later to announce it.
if the Direct has a new game announcement, even a port, I severely doubt it'll come at launch.

this game sucks

You got the base game, which has basically doubled in content and added mod tools over the past 4 years. There's completely new gameplay modes and characters, and something like 300 new items. The Switch version probably can't get mod support, but the dev team is picking the best mods every single month for a full year and making them an official part of the game, with what they're calling "Mod Boosters".

>Including all the expansions that the game more obnoxious to play

No thanks

Base Rebirth currently, can't convince myself to get Afterbirth yet. Some videos would be nice to see, yeah.

>Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ straight up aren't worth the price at all

So they should be cheaper. Since Sup Forums is hyperbole the price would have to be lowered to free before it's bought.

Wait, Bomberman has a co-op campaign?

Afterbirth is a good DLC, Afterbirth+ not so much. I would skip Afterbirth+.

I would still be playing the original w/ Wrath of Lamb had they not ruined the game with that shitty Eternal update.

Fuck yeah it does. That's what sold me on this one.

Main campaign has a co-op function, so yes.

>Isaac on the train.
>Isaac on the toilet.
>Isaac on my balcony on hot nights.
>Isaac under my blankets on cold nights.
>Isaac on my big TV when I get tired of Isaac in my pocket.
This is exactly the sort of third-party support I wanted from the Switch to be honest. Give me the Spelunky's, Risk of Rains, Nuclear Throne's and all those sorts of games. The Switch could be the perfect system for autistic grinding.
>Roguelites
>Weeb dungeon crawlers
>Monster Hunter
>Inevitable Hyrule Warriors port.
>Pokeyman
It'll be pretty neat.

>30fps
Very disappointing.
I'll still get it.

>Inevitable Hyrule Warriors port
I take it you're not a fan of Fire Emblem?

Here's a few videos just showing off a few combos from the base game, note that the new content adds fuckloads of new interactions even with older items

Knife storms: youtube.com/watch?v=2Gi4hgkywdc

Machine-gun tears: youtube.com/watch?v=QpfQo8Qng6Q

Nah.
I love Advance Wars but I can't get into Fire Emblem. I don't know why.

Same here actually

Thanks user, gonna watch those now

well they're not gonna get a lot of sales on their expensive boxed product if it's only for collectors and those pathetic folks you mentioned

Holy shit you people are naive. What game in this fucking day and age ever uses in game currency that isn't supplemented by being able to buy more of that currency with microtransactions.