youtube.com/watch?v=s1MYSgy4QMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Worth reading
Anything with this in its title is clearly not

>it has to straight up tell you that it's worth reading
lmao

>Worth Reading
Stopped reading right there

Is the second guy saying people with Physical and Mental Disabilities don't want to play games? Does he not know that Playing Videogames is used as a therapy for Physical and Psychological Trauma?

It is an option, its called watching it on youtube or watching a movie, which is the same thing.

You can download all of MGS3's cutscenes as a movie and spend like 8 hours watching the shit.

To be fair, the gameplay in Inqusition was so mindless and boring, I wish I could have skipped it too.

Unfortunately, the story sucked ass too. Thank God my campus library has free Vidya rentals.

Firstly, for the vast majority of games, gameplay does not affect the story. Just watch a Youtube playthrough.
Should we let people play basketball but skip the running and shooting and just give them points?

Isn't this why let's plays are so popular?

This is the same as reading a movie's plot instead of watching it

kek

>Isn't this why let's plays are so popular?
Except it's not disabled people watching them.
I don't understand

Literally NOT video games.

it's probably worth skipping this article

>the article literally opens with "WORTH READING" before it even gives you the title

Yeah, if you feel the need to tell me that, I'm guessing that it's probably not true.

>"Worth Reading"
>Read the whole article
>Turns out, it wasn't worth reading

Where do I apply for compensation?

>Except it's not disabled people watching them.

i wish i could kill people with my mind

You're the only person with your mind though. Why do you want to kill yourself?

>Just watch a Youtube playthrough.
Watching a game isn't the same as playing it.
But if the author wants something more and he's willing to pay for it, he could hire a game gigolo to come over and play vidya for him.

>Watching a game isn't the same as playing it.
True, but the author is complaining about having to play the game. One wonders why the fuck they're even looking at videogames, but there are genuinely people that find gameplay hard but also think games have the best and most compelling stories so they stick to the medium.

Honestly it should let you skip certain sections such as random encounters with weak enemies who die in one hit. For example I don't want to watch the fucking animations of my level 70 Gengar fucking up the twentieth level 9 Zubat in 5 minutes. In games like Total War once my army is powerful enough I autoresolve the battles with tiny forces the enemy keeps sending to die, and that's a great feature because being forced to fight them would be incredibly tedious. Battles against enemies your level or above shouldn't be skippable.

>skip combat
I agree with this. Combat is one of dozens of available gameplay mechanics and I might not like it.
Whats wrong with skipping the combat in Witcher 3?
ITT: Underages confuse "combat" with "gameplay", because they only play FPS.

Just do the absolute minimum by playing on the easiest setting holy shit.

Failing that watch a YouTube video of the cinematics.

Why don't prominent games have a novelization released alongside them like major movies do?

Earthbound did this, another reason it was great.

Nigga you don't think they want this for puzzle segments too?

Your example is shit, use a repel

>Just watch a Youtube playthrough.
YouTube doesn't work offline.
It also has no replayability.

>Nigga you don't think they want this for puzzle segments too?
Fine with me. I'm old enough to have played games which let you chose between the two and a third handholding option.

Okay, I don't want to battle the trainers with pokemon 40 levels below mine and would much rather skip because each battle takes at least 3 minutes for animations/loading and you get fuck all exp/rewards. Is that better?

If a game has combat as bad as Inquisition, then yeah.

Holy Shit! That is exactly what I was about to post about.

Eh, I sort of get the premise

But then again with the advent of youtube and let's plays why not just save the money and watch someone else play the game for you.

>YouTube doesn't work offline
Neither do EA games, but people still buy them.

Aw jeez, what did This Mentality do this time? How can one guy be such a complete fuckup?

no, fuck off

>6/12/15

>worth reading

absofuckinlutely go for it. i see nothing wrong with this at all. the part of the game that matters to me will probably suck in such titles, which will lead me to not play them at all, as well as probably %80 of the gamers out there, so good luck with that, but you be you,,,, be,,,, soft

>Worth Reading: Yes, Twitch and Youtube exist and you can view games in their entirety for free. But I've gotta meet my weekly bullshit quota so here's a garbage article about why games shouldn't be games.

>gaming is only about combat
underage fags need to leave Sup Forums

rollind and shit

>gaming is only about sucking your boyfriends dick while he watches football
queer bitch pussy faggot niggers need to leave earth/life

Are you sure about that statement, user?

Wildarms 3 did this, you had a gauge that you could skip battles. If the enemy was super weak you could skip the battle, if it was hard you had no way to skip. In between you would eat up gauge to skip.

alot of them do.

>Patrick Klepkike
>Worth reading.

Think again, motherfucker. Klepcuck was so obnoxious not even the pozzed faggots at Giant Bomb could stand him.

There is literally nothing wrong with some games doing that. If a game plays like shit then it plays like shit, but you still might like the story it's trying to present or the music.

isn't there some quadriplegic that got gold rank in league legends using a pen in his mouth or something like that? I know it's technically not the same thing but there plenty of disabled people that have figured out ways to play games

Weak battles still eat up your PP so no you cant skip them.

gaming is only about the gameplay

It would functionally have the same fucking replayability if you were going to skip all game parts anyway dude.

If you're skipping the game parts to watch the cutscenes exclusively, what level of game is left that can't be covered in a Youtube video?

Wow fucking Kino faggots insist that movies need to have IMAGES!? WHAT ABOUT BLIND PEOPLE!? STOP GATEKEEPING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

these are called telltale games and nobody cares about them

this argument isnt about skipping fight scenes in games that are worth playing, its about skipping fight scenes in games that commit commercial suicide by taking focus away from combat. this is GOOD. let these idiots find out how much people give a shit about their story bullshit

Bad grammer in the first paragraph that the author and editor missed, no thanks

Please, Grant me bliss

>What is fly
>What is repel

ok

>Video games shouldn't have bosses!
>Video games should be easy!
>Video games shouldn't have gameplay!
>Video games shouldn't be violent!

I'm playing this for the first time and it's just feels so great, the most "Fuck you, I'm a video game" game I've played in a little while.

rollin around at the speed of sound

If I fart in her face is it considered gassing the jews?

There was a nigga in Nintendo Power back in the day that beat Mario 3 with his feet.

I'm not really opposed to it but man I'm not sure if "gatekeeping" applies to fundamentally reworking rpg mechanics. But I'm replaying DA:O at the moment and the fade/ deep roads are more tedious for me this time around. I probably would've skipped them if I could have.

So long as the feature is put in as an after thought similar to color blind mode and isnt designed around I dont mind

clickbait article, stop giving attention to obvious bait.

rollin rollin rollin

lelel

This. As long as it doesn't affect the actual game/gameplay, then whatever

Then why even play the game? watch it on youtube. Sports don't have to accommodate the unathletic, movies don't have to accommodate the blind, video games don't have to accommodate people who literally can't function. I'm all for inclusiveness but when asking to remove the "game" part out of video game is paradoxically stupid.

nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/816/?

why not

Patrick klepek is a fucking moron its why he was driven out of giantbomb

There's this guy:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1MYSgy4QMw

ZERO EXCUSES

>the only type of gameplay is combat

I wonder how they smell like haha

That's pretty cool.