Nioh

gematsu.com/2017/01/nioh-add-free-pvp-mode-launch

Honorable duelz my guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

dualshockers.com/2017/01/17/nioh-ps4-final-demo-releasing-january-21st-available-two-days/
youtube.com/watch?v=3FXIlzYBbJE
desuarchive.org/his/thread/1922652/#1922652
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck honor, give me invasions

Oh no...souls autists are going to ruin this game community.

You can still be a dick with certain builds

I can't wait to piss off honorubu faggots by using ranged weapons.

I will disconnect on you senpai

HONORABURU SAMURAI DUERU

>invade some shitter
>parry his ass
>mid-riposte he disconnects
If only they knew how much better that feels than just killing them

Japanese PSN is running one last demo before release for two days, giving one final chance for the two marks, as well as a new one that nets you a unique helmet based on the Ogress. Presumably this'll come Westward as well.

dualshockers.com/2017/01/17/nioh-ps4-final-demo-releasing-january-21st-available-two-days/

I'm really curious on what kind of pvp they are implementing
I doubt it's invasions because i feel like that would affect the balance on the game, a simple arena would wasted potential.
I'm hoping for it to have fully fledged team based and ffa modes, with objectives, kind of like for honor but not by ubisoft

NOTHING feels better than invading someone that disconnects. The fact that you make someone SO MAD that they pull the plug/alt+f4 on you = biggest boner

"I disconnected on that guy that'll show him", newsflash you just made that guy dribble a little precum

PVP
well this game just doubled in longevity and score

Oh shit.

Holy shit yes. I missed the first two demos, this is my chance!

Someone give me all the tips you can so I can try and get the two marks for the masks. Is it even doable if I just have a few hours each day?

Could you only play the first demos on an account for that region? Or can you grab this one with a Japanese account and then just play it on your NA/EU account on the same PS4?

This is the best way they could have handled the PVP demand
>Game is designed fully for PVE
>Have time to enjoy the game before jumping into PVP
>PVE fags can just not download the update
>TN has time to analyze what kind of PVP people want

Honestly, just take your time and get a feel for the mechanics. Don't make the mistake a ton of other people did and jump into it expecting your Souls experience to translate 1:1.

And yeah, the other two demos probably would take about 4-6 hours to do completely for a first-timer, depending on how good you are and how thoroughly you explore.

You can play it, but the rewards won't transfer. While games aren't region locked on the PS3, Vita and PS4, DLC is.

I wish this weren't 110% not coming to PC; only game I'm really itching to buy a PS4 for though there are others I'm interested in.

Gives me a mixed vibe of Souls, Otogi and Onimusha.

Still waiting on playable Female Character/Skin

>2017
>Not having a ps4

Nioh 2 in 2019. You heard it here first folks.

If you've held off this long, it's worth springing for a PS4 now that the Japanese support is finally getting its shit together.

Thank you for namechecking Otogi though, they're excellent games that never got enough attention!

>but the rewards won't transfer

Damn. Guess I'll download it and play it anyway and hope for a western demo. Wonder if it'll include the stages from the first two demos so you can get the Marks.

>He won't main the sharkbro

Literally end thyself

Is William not kawaii enough for you?

I'm on the verge. I was going to pick one up when the Pro came out but since there have been reports of performance issues, I'm holding off a bit longer until hopefully I can buy one knowing I'm getting the best possible hardware for my money.

But yeah, between this, Gravity Rush, Bloodborne, Last Guardian and a few others, there are enough exclusives that I'm about ready to pull the trigger.

Spiderman too

>Last Guardian
Yeah do yourself a favor and skip that fucking garbage.

>Gravity Rush
Cool gameplay, the story is really... poorly done unfortunately. Kat is also CUTE~ might get second one.

>Bloodborne
Dont get the fascination with this one, its just floaty souls. Fun but not console-purchasing worthy.

Some great games coming this year tho! Nioh looks great, Fate/Extella has been enjoyable so far, Future Tone a best, DQ Heroes 2 should be bretty gewd.

by free do they mean no PSN required?

Yeah, Last Guardian looks like a letdown. Bloodborne isn't console-purchase worthy (which is why I don't own one) but it's one factor among many in picking one up.

Also Until Dawn, the new God of War, etc.

You don't need PS+ to download and play.

Unless you are german

they mean it's a free update, it will require psn plus.

Ignore I thought you were talking about the demo they just announced

I think you need to chill bruv.

Are there are any more gameplay videos besides Polygon and IGN's?

kek this

>invade some fucker with three phantoms
>have to use environment, enemies, and all the tricks in my disposal to beat them and not get ganked to death
>host just watches the entire time
>i kill the last phantom
>an error occurred returning to your world

Playstation Access
youtube.com/watch?v=3FXIlzYBbJE

They're all in the same area

Not before my flintlock rifle disconnects your face from your skull

Thanks, this seems better than the other ones.

Do we have any idea how many areas there will be or the diversity in locations?

20 I think, not including DLC.

we know there are 20 main story missions, and then ~100 side missions that are probably just killing waves of enemies in a few generic areas

we know that every mission has a "twilight" version where enemy placements are very different and bosses gain new attacks, and loot is much better

i really hope there is a demo tomorrow, i'm so desperate to play again

Also in the full game we're not starting at veteran skill for weapons, so we're going to have training missions with various samurais/famous officers so there's more bosses there.

Scroll up.

Its indirect pvp like let it die. Souls pvpfags on suicide watch

Indirect PVP is already in since the alpha, have a pity (you)

Cool thanks.

This game looks pretty good, is there any magic of sorts that you can combo with?

And heres your (you) :)

oh neat, shame it's only 2 days long

Thanks, very kind

Sounds pretty cool. Im guessing some of those instructors will be the guys shown in the magazine scans with different spirits?

i don't remember any pvp, are you referring to the revenants?

Yeah

There was a loading screen hint back in the demos about "learning techniques", so presumably some high-end stuff will be tied to training missions/boss fights with William's allies. Like how beating Muneshige in the sparring match would have him entrust William with a Raiken.

With any luck EU/NA will have a final demo as well at a later date, so that's 2 more extra days. That or they'll be generous and extend this demo a few days. I really want to get my Marks but I only bought a PS4 around Christmas

So what is this game really about?

Is there a decent story to it or is it just a catch-all spooky sengoku-themed game which mimics souls combat?

Between the Samurai/Orochi Warriors and Onimusha games this all feels very familar, but both those franchises have zero substance.

When does it actually come out in the US?
I'm seeing different dates.

So who's going to be the boss of the Sekigahara? Ishida Mitsunari/Yukimura Sanada? I would be disappointed if the boss was just some Youkai. really looking forward to the honnoji level

>Onimusha
>zero substance

Not-William Adams lives in Britain with his Celtic spirit guardian, Saoirse. Saoirse had tickets to the Japanese leg of Thin Lizzy's farewell tour and a tour of the Guinness factory ready for William's birthday, but she's kidnapped by some filthy English bastard who looks like a Death Note reject the day before she can give them to William. Naturally he's a bit pissed off by this, so he sets off in pursuit, becoming acquainted with Emi Takei on the way.

You play as an Irishman who travels to Japan to rescue his spirit-waifu, and in the process exterminate a good portion of the local bandit/yokai population.

Combat actually has a fairly deep combat system with multiple stances to determine your movements, and custom combos. The movements feel closer to Ninja Gaiden than Dark Souls, though it does heavily borrow elements from the latter.

Also you get useful spears and a kusari gama.

>tfw you'll never belong to the wifi clan and have great reception amongst your peers

I just want a honorable samurai to pee on me desu senpai

That's Anjin-SAN

I really need to track down a torrent and rewatch this before Nioh comes out.

yeah there's 2 trees, ninjitsu and omoyo. ninjitsu is throwing stars, bombs, poisoning your weapon etc. and omoyo is a shitload of buffs and some elemental spells

you also have a spirit animal that you can pop like the devil trigger in DMC, there's a shitload of animals and the bonus they give you and how fast they charge up is based on a spirit stat, and there's a spirit build

a literal evil celtic wizard with a snake familiar stole your waifu and ran away to japan because its inhabitants are so superstitious that it's the best place in the world for dark magic

you are an irish soldier who doesn't speak japanese

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquerors beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes f***ing Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind s***posts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it still says I'm not No, I'm a Conqueror.

TLG is good to fucking great depending on you, that user is full of shit.

go away alpha autist

Spoken like a true conquered.

so is it worth watching?

The book and the miniseries are both good, yeah. I'd recommend the book moreso, but the series if you're relatively strapped for time.

Most of the Asian Saga is really good, actually.

Are there checkpoints akin to bonfires in Nioh?

Yeah it's fun, the book is far superior though. The movie has a great cast, Mifune especially.

Is anyone else furious about the MC?

yeah

Do they function the same as they pretty much as they do in Dark Souls?

Yeah, they're shrines with cute little forest sprites. Collecting more of the little guys gives you different multipliers (More money, increasing drop rates for different equipment types, etc), similar to how it worked in Salt and Sanctuary.

yeah you respawn at the shrines and you can level up, repair items, equip spirits, etc

Yeah, except that there is no teleporting between them, but there are a lot of shortcuts around the levels, kinda like the first dark souls at the start, which i love.

pretty much, you can also get a blessing which offers some small bonus like extra money or better item rates.

Samurai traditionally traded arrow shots before melee to show archery skill

Nothing dishonorbru about using your weapon

the main difference is that nioh has discrete levels, so it's more like demon souls in that regard

you can't teleport between bonfires and you CAN re-clear levels to fight the boss again, farm loot etc.

STRONG CONQUEROR BROS, WHERE YOU AT?

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquerors beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes f***ing Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind s***posts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it still says I'm not No, I'm a Conqueror.

this guy play a mean banjo

Will this game let me kill "innocent" monks and commit suicide in a burning temple after being betrayed?

Ne's not even playing it, he's just holding it

Thats a Lute/Biwa you stupid fuck

>Water elemental. Pronounced "EE-soh NAH-day", the name means "the sea's caress". Following the northern sea wings, Isonade prowls just beneath the surface in search of prey. It uses its powerful tail to entangle and pull victims beneath the waves. By the time you feel the slightest breeze, it's already too late. Believing it responsible for stirring up rough seas, local sailors make offerings to the Isonade in a prayer for calm sailing.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nobunaga did LITERALLY nothing wrong.
Just like Cao Cao

Exclusive baby

What do you think the
>DOK DOK DOK DOK DOK
>YOOOOOOOOOOOO
Count will be?

"""""""""free"""""""""

oy vey goyim buy that ps plus

Nobunaga and Cao Cao are literally the two most "did nothing wrong" guys in history. They get so much flak for literally no reason.

desuarchive.org/his/thread/1922652/#1922652

I took a Japanese history class and Nobunaga didn't get a flak at all.

He was just criticized for his ruthlessness but his intention has always been noble. He was getting sick of all the in-fighting in Japan to the point he wanted to conquer the country so it can be unified under one banner, as in his banner.