Will the rebranding for Shovel Knight work? I guess part of why they're doing it...

Will the rebranding for Shovel Knight work? I guess part of why they're doing it, aside from obviously trying to make a bit more money on the extra campaigns with new people buying it, is not a lot of folks went back to try Plague of Shadows or even knew it existed.

No one?

What's the deal exactly? Wiki didn't really explain it very well.

When Specter of Torment releases the Shovel Knight that everyone has bought is getting a new title called Shovel Knight Treasure Trove. When that happens the core Shovel Knight campaign will get a new subtitle called Shovel of Hope as well as a title card to make it more in line with Plague of Shadows and Specter of Torment. Each campaign will be sold separately as an option or people can buy Treasure Trove at an increased price since when this happens there will be a price increase for the whole package. This won't affect anyone that already owns the game.

The game with the expansions is so much bigger different they'd feel the need to adjust the price. It's essentially four times bigger now.

I'm glad they're being cool to early adapters instead of fucking them over though, and as long as the individual campaigns are fairly priced who gives a shit? As far as most players are concerned they just got a fancy new title card.

PERFECT the best thread I could ask this in.

How should I play La Mulana? Original Windows version or steam version?

Oh. Those campaigns sound worthy of some money so that's cool to give them out for free at first.

I played steam and it was fine.

>when this happens there will be a price increase for the whole package. This won't affect anyone that already owns the game.
I guess I should buy this game sometime soon then.

Yeah, the increase will probably be when Specter of Torment releases, so just keep an eye out for the release date on that.

Shit. I still have a wii u copy i havent opened. Guess i should.

personally I don't get what they're aiming for with selling the campaigns separately, I'm sure most people who haven't played it before would opt to get the full set anyway, no?

My understanding is that Specter of Torment is still free for people who bought it prior to the price-hike/rebranding?

It'll still be free. They did say buying just one campaign nets you battle mode, so it could be for that. Otherwise it could be if you moved to another console and just want the campaigns you haven't played, though I agree it's odd.

Is it weird Im anticipating the Order of No Quarter ladies in body swap mode more than Specter Knights campaign?

Yeah actually, I think that's nuts. I'm looking forward to that too, but Specter of Torment looks incredible.

Also, it almost seems like Plague Knight might've gotten the short end of the stick when you look at how expanded Specter of Torment is.

How so? Plague got an overhaul in terms of gameplay and variety.

He did, and make no mistake, I loved Plague of Shadows. But Specter Knight is getting all new levels, new boss patterns, and a full on new remixed soundtrack on top of the mechanics. Plague of Shadows, while incredible, you could tell they didn't rebalance some parts of the game around him, particularly bosses.

I wouldn't say four times bigger because of the reused assets like enemies and much of stage layouts at least for Plague Knight.

Does shovel knight have co-op on wii u?

Pretty annoyed about Spectre, honestly.

They shrunk him like 70% and basically turned him into a Castlevania character instead of bothering to make him even resemble the boss version.

I bet he won't even have teleport or a proper scythe toss.

Yes but it currently requires the amiibo. It'll be free later on all non-handheld versions. The amiibo does let you play as custom knight though.

Turned him into a Castlevania character? I get serious Ryu Hayabusa vibes from him actually in Specter of Torment, and Castlevania vibes from him as a boss. I don't know if they could've translated the scythe teleport without being overpowered, and who knows, maybe it'll be a relic power.

When is the title screen update happening? Am I the only one had more trouble on Plague + with the boss rush?

Propeller Knight can choke on a dick in Plague +. And yeah, I believe that's when the title update is happening.

Kind of wish we could play as Shield Knight in body swap mode, though thats a hell of a lot more work

That would've essentially been a 5th campaign, so I get why they didn't do it. I hope Shield Knight is playable in the sequel whenever that happens.

Fighting them one after the other and getting the ones I couldn't leech potion easily between Polar, Mole, and Propeller fucking sucked. I'm not doing Plague+ ever again because of that shit.