Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D8QIhLQppHk
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=j3oGWhfVku4#t=199
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would but I don't know who he is.

"You killed this fucking faggot."
there you go, user.
also, a (You).

Olgierd Von Everec, a main character in the Witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone.

No I wanted the viper sword that you can only get by not killing him, also I tried to pick up as much treasure.as.possible like a good goy

Is it really that good of a sword though

Those rewards are pretty great you'd be a fool to pass them up

All of them are trash lol

DELETE THIS

the man of glass is the bigger issue
he's just a fucking tool.

no i saved him

why would you trust o'dimm

Only if you went full sword build. It's purpose is to chain several quick attacks and then release an empowered strong attack.

My build was a bit more varied and I found the Ofieri KIlij to be a better option.

On the other hand, Olgierd's sword has three rune slots, which isn't bad.

O'dimm is the devil you do not fuck with the devil

>picking the literal devil over a broken, tragic shell of a man full of regret

well i fucked with him and won

>Olgierd's sword has three rune slots, which isn't bad.

Irrelevant. Runewright can add slots.

Wasn't it the curse that turned him into a sociopath?

>tfw Olgierd's fencing and cutscenes were full of references to a not-bad polish movie about traditional fencing
>tfw when Olgierd's technique includes actual fencing techniques from the polish fencing school
>tfw I'm the only one on Sup Forums who caught all that

Iris looked cool and had pretty good stats, plus full feline gear was a bit overpowered and I wanted something different.

That Vitality hit from the strong attack though, needed to keep a full stock of white raffords.

As I said, I thought it would be a far better weapon upon receiving it from this fag, at least with some crit chance or damage.

>mfw I found out it only had one perk and it's practically unusable against bosses

Yeah, that vitality drain requires some investment in alchemy and works best if you're going with a tankier heavy armor build.

Most people didn't even get that he was dressed like a cossack, no matter how obvious they make it.

Interested in the name of the movie though, that was some cool fencing.
youtube.com/watch?v=D8QIhLQppHk

I saved him the first time, though there are great cases to be made for both sides

Gaunter O'Dimm while relatively fair as long as you follow his rules, still is an ancient incarnation of temptation/following societal norms as seen with him cursing that spoon-addicted spectre in Blood & Wine for denying him his guest-right of food when he showed up at her party

Looking back at the climax, I'm more supportive of O'Dimm's case given how much he helped Geralt by pointing him towards Triss as a freebie, and he provides some amazing advice how to ensure Ciri survives her battle with the White Frost, though finishing Hearts of Stone before finding her is bizarre

3:19 if the link is fucked
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=j3oGWhfVku4#t=199

go away G O'D

The movie's name is The Deluge.

It's pretty much considered one of those flicks that have actual realistic fencing in it. Look out for Easter eggs in the dialogue, at least one of them is pretty fucking obvious once you see the movie.

>he helped Geralt by pointing him towards Triss as a freebie

What do you mean by this?

Holy shit this dude is fashionable as fug,

i let satan take his due, got the brand removed, then declined his reward. any other course of action is objectively wrong

when he met Geralt in White Orchard

Olgierd did nothing wrong.

O'Dimm tries to paint the situation as Olgierd having free will throughout, when he was clearly tortured and driven to despair by O'Dimm's contract. Not to mention how much of an absolute faggot O'Dimm is, especially when you read up on what he did to the professor.

O'Dimm is constantly shown to be unfair and tilts the scales against those who make bets with him. If you seriously let the Devil win because he fooled you through his tricks and you legitimately thought Olgierd dying was the just choice, there's nothing more to say.

I thought he pointed him towards Yen

Oh, you mean Yennefer, then.

Silly user.

I got the cossack part because of how they were raiders and stuff.

Fuck Olgierd, fuck him to hell

Gaunter doesn't even seem all that pissed off even if you beat him at his own game. I'm even surprised that he left a legitimate way for Geralt to win the bet.

Based O'Dim

Now I see it.

I didn't get the cossack part, but now that you point it out yeah it makes total sense now.

I always thought it was strange for a noble blood David Beckham lookalike who enjoys raiding to be in the Witcher universe.

Yeah, Yen

dunno why I put Triss

ban drunkposting

I thought he's a Ukrainian cossac because he has a Pig on his banner

/pol

>"You are primitive. You think you've defeated me but you are wrong. I can't be killed, I will be back."
He seems a little mad

Even though he pissed me off at first, just like the Red Baron the character grew on me.

After a while I was compelled to help him, even though I knew I should objectively hand him his punishment.

That's some good writing.

Gaunter starts yelling at you that he's going to come back and make you pay, and also says he wasn't beaten, if I can remember his little ending speech. All that plus he starts turning into that demonic thing.

He seems pretty fucking pissed, and he should be, too, if literally only one other person beat him at his game.

The only likeable character in W3 was Djikstra

He was a faggot for hurting best waifu but I spared him in the end.

I always imagine he went back to the mansion and found Iris.

>Save him
>We're standing at that aesthetic as fuck place with the moon floor as the sun rises
>Expecting him to just want to finally die and have a final duel since I missed the optional boss fight and the setting is literally perfect and unused by the Gaunter boss fight
>He just fucks off and the DLC ends

I'm still mad

>tfw I'm the only one on Sup Forums who caught all that

No you're not, you fucking faggot. It's pretty clear from his moveset that it's based on Sztuka krzyżowa. People who caught it just didn't think it was worth mentioning.

Anyone who sided with o'dimm obviously didn't pay much attention to the story.

I didn't really care since I already fought him at the start of the DLC and pushed his shit in so doing it again would be pointless since it was established who the better fighter is.

I thought he was pretty arrogant and egotistical, but he had a pretty tragic backstory though of course that was his own fault. He really just wanted to be free, and still loved his wife even after all he did to her.

I ended up letting him live, and I enjoyed the ending I got in HoS. It was pretty comfy and relaxing with the sun rising on the temple area, and Olgierd was back to his old self. He could feel emotions again and regretted everything he'd done, even gave you his most prized possession. The sword is pretty nice though, I didn't personally use it but I put it on display in my house.

I wanted to kill him, but I felt pity for him so I showed mercy and decided to help him live. Especially when he begs for his life, I made the right decision and I'm glad.

>literally ruined Iris' life
>murdered her father in front of her
>spared him

Way to be a fucking retard user.

Its like you ignored the last half of my post. I always imagined them meeting back up in the end. And I just like Olgy, to be honest.

I would have done most of what he did.

No matter how much I disliked Olgierd I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to best the Devil at his own game.

Also I actually kinda liked Olgierd by the end of it anyway.

>people on Sup Forums defend the literal devil

I shouldn't be surprised.

Kinda annoyed be he had the same voice actor as based Radovid.

ITT: We let a murderer go free from facing the consequences of his actions that caused the pain and suffering of the only person in the world who loved him and others just because he said he might be sorry about it.

Saved him first time round because I wanted to upstage the devil himself.

But he was right and he did nothing wrong.

ITT: We help the fucking Devil take a soul that did evil things while he had a literal heart of stone that said Devil gave him

The Devil that is.

>let Gaunter take his souls for not only having actually sold it to him (lol he shouldn't take responsibility xd) , but also because he fucking tricked me and wanted me to fucking die
>Don't ask no wishes from master shady
>Just walk away and forget the whole thing

The only patrician choice

Of course not, I let the devil do it

>implying I picked anything
I was way too spooked by the time I had to choose one.

>not wanting advice for your daughterfu

although you are probably right and my choice would be the 2nd best one.

Gaunter was way too smarmy for his own good so I decided to turn on him when given a chance.

Oh so that explains the whole thing about a family of landed noble that still does raids to enrichen itself.
Damnit it really is putting 2 and 2 together.

>the guy was bad under the influence of the Devils wishes so I let him get killed
>the Devil is alright though no biggie

Best part of the DLC was being based Vlodimir talking shit those at those peasants after the pig rounding-up game.

dude a Vlod spin off game would be fucking rad

Go away Happen

>wanting him to take your soul for trash
not worth it

I saved right before the meeting so i could see both endings

I liked the killed olgierd one better it was kinda spooky

>He really just wanted to be free, and still loved his wife even after all he did to her.
I like to refer to the line of the Cat Demon on that account.
>"No. He just remembered he should love her"

KEK

>if you spare Olgierd the ending shot is on the sunrise
>if you let O'Dimm take him the ending shot is of the darkened skies
I think it's a small little thing to change.

>sells his soul to the devil
>shouldn't pay because he got tricked

Should Jihadists be spared because they were brainwashed into believing that their god demanded it? Should war criminals be forgiven because they thought it was the right thing at the time? Should robbers walk free because some of them had no jobs and couldn't afford food?

And Olgierd was studying the occult and demons. It's not like Gaunter just appeared out of a lamp and said WAZOO YOU ARE NOW BEWITCHED HEHE

And he sacrificed his brother no matter how much he goes to visit. He sacrificed him to the same deity

But just because he once loved a woman whose family he killed and imprisoned her and boo boo feels bad about it, you will say he did nothing wrong. You are pathetic

I wonder what Satan's Gwent deck looks like.

The devil killed an innocent hobo and that's what made me want to fuck him over.

You side with the literal Devil you fucking retard.

>all genuinely nice people you meet in taverns either end up killed in a bar brawl or with a spoon through the brain
No wonder everyone is so rude all the time

I couldn't never kill David Beckham but I did kick g.o.d butt

I don't side with him. I don't ask him no fucking wished and he can fuck off for all I care. But Gaunter sold his fucking soul to him and he has to pay.You're not on anyone's side to begin with they just put you in their fucking twisted game because they are both assholes

If you don't shoot the owner of a house when he kicks someone who hasn't payed rent in 10 years it's not that you are literally Hitler. He agreed by those rules and you are actually unfair if you interven and for example force the owner of the property to let him stay for free when he initially agreed to a contract of "you pay you stay".

If you really are concerned, you should warn people about not renting places they can't afford, or not making pacts with the fucking devil you imbecile. I bet you think charity is the answer to poverty

What it's like being a demon bitch?

>they dragged you into this
Actually, just O'Dimm. O'Dimm started the mess, and ended it by dragging Geralt into it under the pretense that Geralt deserves him something. Even if you try backing out, O'Dimm keeps shoveling shit on Olgierd until he forces you to join him.

Olgierd just wanted the Ofier prince gone, and even paid you well in the end.

>if you don't shoot the owner of the house
Wjat a great fucking false equivalence. O'Dimm is pure evil. Siding with him means you are siding with evil. He was the cause of Olgierd's suffering, and nothing Olgierd wanted accomplished happened - instead, he lost everything. Why should he give up his soul for a useless deal and to appease the literal fucking devil? I'd shoot the owner if he abused the guy for 10 years and forced him to stay in the apartment and then kicked him out into the streets with nothing using a shotgun.

Olgierd didn't know he was going up against the devil - he was referred to O'Dimm by some witch. It was only afterward he realized he was way in over his head. I bet you didn't actually play the expansion

Olgierd knew full well with whom he was dealing before he struck the deal.

He knew.

As for Geralt, the reasonable thing to do is pragmatically deal with the situation at hand, by doing whatever the situation required but asking for nothing explicitly and washing your hands clean of the situation at the first chance.

Bear in mind t hat if you do what Gaunter requires and finish the quest that way you owe him nothing and he leaves you alone.

He just goes after people that are motivated by greed and sin. Geralt doesn't qualify.

I didn't, not because I liked him at all, but because I was more interested in ruining the plans of the local glass salesman.

Niggers a re forgetting that a Witcher's job is to protect humans from powerful evil, even if this evil is the fucking Devil and the human being protected is a huge asshole that sold his own soul to said Devil.

Book Geralt would save Olgierd and it is the right climatic reasonable choice and you fuckers know it.

You also know that in-game it's the right choice to "defeat" O'Dimm because there's an optional quest to find out how to defeat him and the alternative is to ignore that sub-quest.

It's always the right choice to pursue paths that give you more content.

I spared him, the fucker will have to live a mortal life, its up to him now to unlock his true potential with wisdom he gathered thru his mistakes and immortal spoilery.

My work here is done.

The absolute correct choice would be to defeat Gaunter, win the freedom of Olgierd's soul and then promptly kill him as soon as he becomes mortal.

Gaunter doesn't deserve to get his soul, but Olgierd doesn't deserve to live either.

>research the devil so hard you become blind

I'm still confused how that shit works out

>Witcher's job is to protect humans

Geralt also says this to that faggot elves.

Olgierd did literally nothing wrong though, how did you miss it?
All the evil happened due to the heart of stone thing thats literally the name of the DLC

>did nothing wrong
>literally summoned the devil over some petty transient issue and struck a deal

Which is also what he asked for.
>He tells the goddamn Devil that he wants to live every day as if it was his last
>somehow surprised when such a wording comes back to bite him

You mean Dickstra. I loved the fatso until he jewed hard and tried to kill my bro.

Yep, he was just a regular selfish asshole on a power trip while O'Dimm is a menacing four-dimensional demigod who doesn't fuck around, and as such an infinitely more fun character. The only motivation anyone could ever have to save Olgierd is the complete viper set.

>you find out too much
>get your eyesight taken as a result
Nothing complex about it, really. O'Dimm is shown to be a tricky bastard, but he has a twisted sense of taking away/giving what's due.

I spared Olgierd, but honestly you have to be really fucking stupid to trust a creepy misterious dude offering the best deal ever in exchange of your fucking soul. OVE may be good at fencing and partying, but he's apparently not very profficient at reasonable thinking.

>Gaunter O'Dimm while relatively fair as long as you follow his rules

Literally tortures the souls of his victims for all time.
Blinded, traped, and caused the death of a schooler for studying him.
Stopped time and killed a friendly drunkered by sticking a spoon in his eye for "inturupting" him.

He is literally the devil of the setting.

you'd think it was obvious for the fact that they kept calling him ATAMAN

Is there any reason not to kill him?

Retard made a pact with the fucking devil and thought he could just walk it off, sold his brother soul, and fucked over his wife's entire family and wife, all that in the name of love.

No user, I didn't helped him when O'Dimm reclammed his due.
Don't fuck with the devil, it's that simple.

>Blinded, traped, and caused the death of a schooler for studying him.
That whole sequence was so spooky I was slightly relieved/disappointed when all that happened was that he'd trip and break his neck.

I was expecting that as soon as he stepped out of it O'Dimm would apear, say "I told you so" and summon a host of dark creatures to drag him kicking and screaming into a dark hole.