Telltale used to be fun

Telltale used to be fun.

Those games were completely carried by the writing and performances. The puzzles happened to be okay for the most part, but it's not like Telltale had real potential.

>tfw even if telltale could still do comedy point and clicks, no more sam and max ever because purcell is at pixar now

I miss my little buddy.

Telltale had an incredibly short run at being a reputable AA~A developer.
Like it started with TWD season 1 and ended some time around The Wolf Among Us, if not a bit later.

Frankly I'd love to see part of the staff break off to make a new IP but that'll never happen because its more profitable to pump out licenced nonsense

They literally haven't changed since they did Sam & Max, Bone, or the Monkey Island games user.

Every single franchise has been the exact same formula and gameplay, with the exception they've now added quicktime events ever since Wolf Among Us.

>Every single franchise has been the exact same formula and gameplay
Not really. They dumbed down the puzzles, started relying on shock instead of humor, and made a lot more cutscene content than point and click content.

>Those games were completely carried by the writing and performances
That's a lot of point and clicks. They're funny, but the gameplay is finding out what things to click on in what order. Some of the puzzles were really clever, but most were just going around to hear some gags.

They peaked with the time travel episode of Sam and Max. Specifically, the puzzle to concoct a puzzle for past Sam.

>the puzzle to concoct a puzzle for past Sam.
what the fuck? which season is this?

>telltale will NEVER make another sam and max game again

binged-marathoned 2 seasons but couldn't get into season 3 because 301 put me off for some reason.

Telltale Sam and Max was mediocre at best compared to Hit the Road.

Season 3 is actually pretty great, although it gets a bit sad. Maybe that was a sign of things to come.

IMO episodes like that sort of wrote them into a corner. They've done all the usual high-concept sci-fi stuff. Aliens, time travel, AI, cyberspace, brains in jars, etc.

The staff that made Walking Dead Season 1 popular went off and made Firewatch. The man who made Sam and Max what it is went off to Pixar. Telltale is just garbage leftovers these days, I did enjoy Wolf Among Us though.

I found the controls in season 3 to be unplayably bad and the psychic power gimmick was really stupid. Also the new characters seemed really shitty (and Bosco and the girl weren't that amazing to begin with). Never made it very far.

Although that is a great episode, I liked the Noir Ep a little more. That shit was so ridiculously funny, especially when he was giving the sign twirling space ape shit.

I had no idea he made it to Pixar. good for him.

He co-directed Brave. Unfortunate that he joined Pixar just as they started to go downhill. I hope one day he'll make more Sam and Max comics or games.

Strong Bad was Telltale's peak, honestly.

I've only played Season 1 on the Wii.

Some of the puzzles are kinda a brain scratcher.

Still haven't made it through the digital episode and want to get started on the Moon one.

Season two, where you learn the truth about mariachis.

The noir episode was really good overall, yeah. Its second half was the former pharaoh's fantasy world, which was also fun. But the time travel episode was magic from start to finish, and most every puzzle was clever without being tedious.