How did Miku outlast the billion dollar rhythm game industry?

How did Miku outlast the billion dollar rhythm game industry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v-3qguiu2AQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8yYkCw_E_r8&index=154
youtube.com/watch?v=vpYkz5WU1Vg
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OSgehVkUM
youtube.com/watch?v=XP90Wnj0LTo
youtu.be/3o45Yq334X8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She's immortal

Attach a catchy mascot to your game with enough shilling and community around it, and you can sell just about any game.

Pretty sure she's been on the decline for a few years now

Prostitution.

waifu

nah it gets more popular every year

-Unlike other rhythm game franchises Miku is a brand that exists outside of just rhythm games, which means the game sells to people who like the characters as much as if not more than they sell to people who are just fans of rhythm games

-Never relied on licensed music like other games in the genre, which reduces costs

-Most importantly, never relied on peripherals for gameplay, which was the main thing that killed most other rhythm game series

My friend is playing this game right now and holy shit, its the most irritating thing I have ever been exposed to. I'm going to break the fucking console. Just a bunch of absolute trash tier music with chipmunk weeb shit vocals. How much of a loser do you have to be to play this shit?

literally every single song in project diva is licensed music
the alternative is to have all your music done in-house, like bemani

Why don't you say that to his face instead of behind his back?

Some friend you are.

FT sold quite well. and miku events still sell out venues

lol you're a fucking fag. I bet your friend is the alpha male and you're a little bitch boy beta

>How did Miku outlast the billion dollar rhythm game industry?
Hachune is surprised

producers are getting burnt out, but she's getting more popular internationally.

Is she holding the stick that Far Fetched from Pokemon Go holds?

are you serious?

>Never relied on licensed music
literally every single track in PD are licensed

I...am not familiar with her. I just clicked the topic because the pink haired girl in OPs post looked cute.

>No add-ons or peripherals needed to enjoy the games
>Good value for money (Future Tone has over 200 songs)
>The animations are very well done and fun to look at
>The games are fun
>Putting the Vocaloids in costumes is quite fun

you've never heard of leek spin?
one of the first miku songs was a cover of leek spin and the video featured the chibi miku depicted in that nendo.

>Not knowing Ievan Polkka
>Not knowing the chibi that offers good advice

>224 songs but my shit taste still hasn't changed

fuck

Like I said, I only clicked the topic because of the picture. The only anime I really even know is Avatar the Last Airbender.

That's not an anime.

2/6
not enough Rin. FUCKING gives us more Rin in dlc Sega FUCK

It's a leek you moron.

Well I figured since it's Sup Forums, it's a game. But you know what I mean.

You just have to play other songs, user. I was the same for months until recently. The tracklist is actually pretty great overall, just be adventurous.

Here are some recommendations:
youtube.com/watch?v=v-3qguiu2AQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8yYkCw_E_r8&index=154
youtube.com/watch?v=vpYkz5WU1Vg

Am I crippling myself by binding some of the double notes to shoulder buttons? It feels like they're one of those things that you're just supposed to learn and get used to but this feels very convenient. Rewiring my muscle memory to use the sticks instead of L1/R1 is miserable though.

She's pretty bad at it.

I would post the best example but I don't wanna get banned.

>not having 70+ favorite songs
I don't even know how it happened.

I make the triple notes the L2 and R2. quad notes aren't a problem since I then just press 1 trigger + an extra note on the face pad. Double notes are actually fairly predictable and follow a spatial pattern. Horizontally it goes left to right in order of triangle square cross circle. If you see a double note and the two connected notes are on opposite sides of the screen, then that means its triangle + circle. If you see 2 connected notes in the center of the screen then its square + cross. Haven't figured out vertical double notes so can't say on that

I noticed that most of the actually good Vocaloid songs seem to be split between Miku and Rin. I understand why Miku would have good songs because she's the famous one but I kinda wonder why so many good composers gravitate towards Rin. She does have the coolest attitude, she reminds me of Haruko from FLCL a bit.

Sex sells.

Shut up.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OSgehVkUM

Oh look, Gumi in her natural habitat.

No it isn't
youtube.com/watch?v=XP90Wnj0LTo

Still, she's still only #2.

I'm a Rinfag, but I would say that Rin's voice is more flexible compared to other vocaloids. To me, Miku sounds similar in just about every song, while Rin sounds different in Kokoro, Rimokon, Daughter of Evil, Melancholic,Iroha Song, I Like You I Love You, and a bunch of other songs

The industry was pretty much dead in the West by the time the PD series started coming out here. After Activision and EA drove the genre into the ground with GH and RB and all the normies left, there was more than enough room for a series like PD to build a niche but dedicated player base. Also focusing on consoles and handhelds for so long, they didn't have to worry about being overshadowed by Bemani games had they gone straight to arcade. Also like some people have said, Vocaloid was an already established franchise, and a lot of fans would want a Miku rhythm game.

What a degenerate.

I just got worst game with best vocaloid.

Yes, I know how bad it is, I just wanted it for googly/collection purposes.

>liking Rin is now degenerate
remove yourself

What's with the Japanese fascination to make girls have giant eyes? Is it because they envy Americans who have big eyes compared to their small slits? Honest question, I've always wondered, and that game cover is just so over the top stupid.

That reminds me, I gotta nab that and PDF vita.

big eyes are expressive and cute

Stop using Luka to shill the game.

Gumis influence is showing.

so she should just go in the trash?

May as well, not like she's doing anything big nowadays.

not shilling. Luka's game is a console seller

But Tako isn't around as much.

What rating is this game again?

Did he fuck your boipussy after that?

12 and up.

Why are you such a faggot? My bro gave me a miku throw blanket for xmas so my waifu can keep me warm while I play her game.

That's what a real friend does - Encourages their bros hobbies even if they'd never partake themselves.

Why does Luka keep singing about being a shit?

>that single googly on PDX where she's winking
oh god I haven't noticed that before, I can't stop laughing now

>that one song that never made it in
What's its name?

doremi rondo and some Diva x stuff. I'm kinda bummed that the medleys in X probably muddle things for FT ports

I don't even know why I bother keeping track of my favorites. I play through the entire list from the top anyway.

Good taste by the way.

>have licenses for the songs in the medleys in X
>don't let you play them individually
Why?

Post vocakino
youtu.be/3o45Yq334X8

Reverse Rainbow. Only reason I go back to Mirai now.

>Doesn't require shitty peripherals
>Doesn't require multiple people (and therefore multiple peripherals) to be fun
>Has almost four times as many songs as the latest Rock Band, for the same price
>More relevant to a digital era than your parent's/grandparents music
>The nature of vocaloids lets more people make music; therefore more variety than the same six groups that the mainline rhythm games would constantly fellate
>Can't rely on using the brand names of said groups to sell games, therefore has to focus on making the gameplay more fun
>Songs are more entertaining to play through because they're actual music videos rather than the same screaming concert audience background every other fucking music game uses

Lots of reasons, I'd say

You're a weeaboo.

Holy shit what's your fucking problem?

I bought future tone because there's 220+ fucking tracks on it
I didn't buy Rock Band or Guitar Hero because I don't want to shell out more for a shitty plastic guitar

The mainline rhythm games are blatantly marketed towards casuals and normies, neither of which are known for their attention spans. Hence why they became a hot flash in the pan, then shriveled and died

the better question is how did they get away with the awful uncanny graphics, and how do some people even find it arousing

ok sure japan good west bad

got it

that's your whole mindset

It's a very effective technique.

>the better question is how did they get away with the awful uncanny graphics, and how do some people even find it arousing
It's much better in motion, especially the Cell-shading

not even that user, but what in their post signified that they purchased the game because it was japanese

So you're just going to ignore everything I actually said then

Glad to know you're just here to shitpost and not actually contribute

Game was pretty shit. Pretty amazing to since I bought P4DAN loved it then played this and hated it. Thank fuck for demos.

It actually makes less people buy the game.

>How much of a loser do you have to be to play this shit?
I don't know, how much of a loser do you to post here?

The fanbase here on Sup Forums is so autistic they hold a thread every monday for it so what do you think.

Alpha male plays hatsune miku on full blast without giving a single shit meanwhile beta bitch goes on chinese cartoon forum to bitch behind his back.

I want to eat mikus hair

Her hair looks so sharp

judging by the webms in the threads, no it does not

but you can play guitar hero with controller like I did ;_;

I beg to differ.

Something something her eyepatch looks stupid.

Luka is a dork

Does the best vocaloid appear in the game?

Hentai

/thread

Yes Meiko is in this game.

>Best Vocaloid
>Has to "borrow" Miku's Voicebank
Yep

the better question would be how you Sup Forumseditors STILL use "uncanny valley" wrong. it's simply baffling

>p4dan
kill yourself

Better question: why are western rhythm games such trash?

Fuck you Amplitude is fantastic.

P4dan is good Miku is shit deal with it weeb

Miku at least has some objectively good qualities. P4DAN (and every purse owner game for that matter) are fucking shite

I like this game but I agree. It's a bit sad because some of the songs are really well put-together (stuff like Two-Faced Lovers or Unhappy Refrain, Sadistic Music Factory etc.), but they become fucking unlistenable because the vocaloids are ear-rape incarnate.

Vocaloids only work with a very specific kind of song, stuff like levan poka and the pop pop pi thing, anything else it sounds like shit and its a waste of talent.

I looked up this guy wowaka who made some good songs and was unsurprised to discover that he makes music without vocaloid now.