Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AGIkRS6TF-4
youtube.com/watch?v=DF4g8mvrGGE
youtube.com/watch?v=oZjTGFeBXAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Things op didn't get:
>a grip
>gud

Yeah, Hotline Miami 2 failed at what made Hotline Miami a decent, original and challenging experience.

>starting with such a deeply debatable title

So, hotline Miami thread?

Was mostly into jamming to the tunes while murdering dudes and the sequel didn't disappoint me
>Final Pardo level with Slum Lord
>all Pardo level music

Fuck you I liked it.

I don't even know why I don't like it but I agree.

t. Absolutely bad at video games

Take Over was the best mission

The game isn't even difficult. It's just frustrating and badly designed.

>very few masks and levels without masks at all
>shitty gimmick characters
>guns go from being optional and usually inconvenient to being mandatory for fast runs halfway into game

SoR3 is much better than 1 though, maybe not better than 2 but still good enough.

>no, it is the game that is bad, not I

little things.
>bosses constantly getting pushed out of Axel's Dragon Smash
>enemies that jump away from you 24/7
>enemies coming in waves before the screen advances
>have to get a bad end to listen to the best song in the game youtube.com/watch?v=AGIkRS6TF-4
>actual final boss is one and a half minutes of jumpkicking

and god knows what else.
fuck Streets of Rage 3. Worst videogame ever made.

>no standing executions
>no human shields
>significantly less melee weapon variation
>much less emphasis on melee in general
>only one character can choose between masks
>no wall debris and casings from firearms IIRC
>less of a flow between rooms, feels less smooth and natural
>less replayability in general until the level editor was released
>the first floor in demolition
hell if the experience in general didn't make up for it though
soundtrack was top tier too

Dead Ahead was the best level. Prove me wrong.

Tip: You can't

OK I am so fucking tired of this same argument about masks I see every HM thread

You say hm2 has shitty gimmicky characters YET THE MASKS OF HOTLINE MIAMI 1 WE'RE EXACTLY THAT

If you actually played any mask besides Richard Tony and Oscar you're just bad
HM1 didn't have wall debris
HM2 also had a stronger community thanks to GOTTA GET A GRIP and thick skin

I just said the game isn't hard. If you think having to press shift through an entire level because there's some guy behind a window in the back of the room that will one shot you as soon as your step into line of sight is good design you have to be out of your mind.

>dumb memes make a community better
This is a 18+ website

Your website is literally glued together by memes and anime kiddo

I agree. 2 wasn't satisfying as 1.

And it's a cesspool

Why was gunplay so much more pronounced in Hotline Miami 2?

It felt like for every first playthrough on a mission you had to constantly stop and scan out the whole room just so you didn't get popped from out of vision

ok then leave

Biggest gripe I had was exactly that, the massive reduction in speed. Going beserk with a crowbar while kick-ass music blasted with no regard for my safety was the highlight of HM for me. HM2 slammed the brakes with its open level designs

I can't. That's the problem

For one, most of the characters weren't (former) special ops commandos on a murder spree, and the one that was was going into military bases, where everyone walking around should be armed, as they are occupying a forward base.

>Worst videogame ever made

Whoa. That's a bit harsh. The kangaroo character and the final boss was shit i give you that.

I still enjoyed the rest of the game. The way stars upgrade your special move was a nice addition. The music was excellent as always. The sprites looked better.

I miss the series but i guess it's better dead than be another Sonic

>Leave

something's are not memes

execution is pure, unfiltered hotline miami like no other level in 2 save Caught

Post characters who did absolutely nothing wrong

MC was shit
irl stuff was shit
database was shit
climbable things were shit
why did we need hunting?
homestead was shit
they tried to make the recruits better but it was just padding of the story and pretty terrible

can we post characters that a sequel got completely wrong?

Just because you don't like how the game is difficult, doesn't mean you get to say it's not actually difficult

>the music was excellent as always
I can give you The Poets 1 and youtube.com/watch?v=DF4g8mvrGGE but everything else was a step down, at least.
>Spinning Machine
>Dance Club
>Tunnelway
>Bad End
Every fucking time I played through Tunnelway I got a headache.

>The sprites looked better
To each their own, but I certainly can't agree with that. They turned Axel into a slovenly-looking homunculus who for whatever reason looked directly at you when you kicked someone, and outright downgraded old enemies like the Electras and the Big Bens. The newer common punks like Goldie and Dragon looked good, I'll admit, but the new style they introduced ultimately just made everything look dirtier.

Never 4get

shitty gimmicks were optional in hm1

I get to say whatever I want considering I'm entitled to my own opinions.

You idiots praise those shitty gimmicks like they meant anything

Dragon Age 2
Mass Effect 2

I could have handled a slightly more liner game that is basicly what warhead was and they could have made it less open then even that safely but they really fucking overdid it.

Then they changed the way the suit works for no good reason and had cars that were just static objects.

Fuck you

Design should come first. There being a story explanation doesn't suddenly make bad design good.

That's because 1 ended with so many mysteries that left us wanting more. 2 gives us the answers but they aren't satisfying. But whatever, it is what it is. I appreciate them leaving no room for a third.

He's right, dumbshit.

Crysis 2 is still one of the most egregious examples of 'consolitis' ruining a great franchise.

*chk* *chk* *chk*

>"something is are not memes"

uh, what?

>The first floor in demolition
I mean it's just a short gimmick room that takes like a minute to figure out. Don't see what's wrong with it.

NARC is a top tier track too

I agree with all of this. HM 2 is hotgarbage.

The comics are pretty good.

>get A rank on all missions
>wow I'm amazing
>didn't find out there was S rank until I played the 24th stage

The sadest part is we know a more liner crysis can work warhead was great but they pushed it to hard and turned it into pretty much a tunel shooter.

Although even the tunnel bits of crysis were fun

Why are so many comments about how Hotline Miami 2 is somehow difficult? Both games in the series are incredibly easy but the second game is worse than the first in almost every way.

>has poise
>better covenants
>quadruple times as much content as dark souls 1 and 3
>much less linear
>better pvp
>no framerate issues

dark souls 2 is the best out of entire series. fight me.

"you're such a bright young man"
youtube.com/watch?v=oZjTGFeBXAY

Only part I had issue with was how Richter's levels dragged on. Prison part was great but it was preceded by some generic maps that didn't feel necessary.