So Sup Forums, which one was better?

So Sup Forums, which one was better?

anything made by valve is shit

2 got every map from 1 via free updates, so 2 is objectively better.

1 because by the time 2 had come out the community had turned into absolute rubbish.

I had more fun with 1 because of its simplicity. 2 felt a bit bloated and I couldn't find people to play it with until years later with me and my friends on PC, and even then they suck at the game.

Also 2 has Rochelle.

>lel nigger and social awkwardness
faggot

except 2 plays like ass

>left for dead was 9 years ago
>Mass Effect 3 was 5 years ago
What the fuck is even going on, I could swear the gap between fallout 2 and vampire bloodlines felt about 5x as long as the gap between GTA IV and V

You're a fucking retard

cool rebuttal. still plays like ass though

because you were a kid then, getting older means time goes by faster

What the fuck does that even it plays completely fine

They literally play the same aside from new weapons and special zombies

too many black people in 2

the community to l4d was only good for a few months yes, then turned into one of the most toxic communities i have ever seen

l4d1 required maximum teamwork to take out the other team

l4d2 had better flexibility of course/slightly more forgiving but was unbalanced. a pro survivor team >>>> an equally pro zombie team

valve turning tanks into this fear of god in 1 to something that was a harasser/distraction in 2 is on the of the biggest design fuckups ever

Left hand
4 fingers
Dead body

The weapons are literally in your ear in L4D2. No thanks

But they don't

2 is objectively better even though it pissed me off that it came out so soon after 1, and at full price to boot instead of at an expansion price.

1 -- just because it had a cute girl. i just couldn't stand looking at that sheboon. i'm sorry, but i'm just being honest

Left hand
4 fingers
Dead body
2 fingers held up

You're a fucking retard

Not an argument about gameplay itself
Both girls are barebones as hell

L4D1, the characters and settings felt better realized, and I thought the original survivors were more likeable. Loved both games, 700+ hours into them.

L4D3 when?

L4D2 has a great dismemberment system that makes shooting zombies much more satisfying, so that. Also closet camping was way too easy to do in the first one.

Except for the fact that, in making the view models immovable masses that clump on the side of your screen, it makes the game feel far more stiff.

Base L4D1 > Base L4D2

Stop making it more complicated than it fucking needs to be with
>muh dlc

Did anyone ask Gabe during the AMA?

spitter and charger made versus almost a fair game for the infected team

1 had a much better atmosphere than 2's goofy ass shit. For that, I like it more. The jockey, charger, and spitter are pretty fucking annoying, too. The original special infected were the best.

L4d1 didn't have melee weapons making it objectively more shit.

Idk honestly. I really enjoyed L4D. Multiplayer was fun. Versus felt unique for the time. Couch co-op was an absolute blast. When 2 came around I was really excited. But it just wasn't as fun. Ammo types and attachments plus all the extra items just made the game feel bloated. Youd think those would all add to the gameplay. But it didn't. I can't remember a single moment any item I picked up was more valuable or more needed then a med pack or pipe bomb. The characters dudnt feel like old m9vie characters or comic characters anymore. They were just "an unlikely group of survivors." the areas despite being set in cool places, were kinda forgettable. No one was having fun on couch co-op and multiplayer was abysmal in terms of cooperation and mutual gain. Someone always needed to be the leader like they're fucking Rick grimes or something. Plus the people who would quit if unhappy with how you are playing. Idk maybe it's me. 2 just didn't recapture that lighting the first one did

Yes, he gave a 3 paragraph reply about what L4D means to them, basically just dancing around the question. Didn't even answer it

So that's a no, then.

Who the fuck cares? Dual pistols were fine dipshit.

L4D1 was a polished game that could've been the next huge IP from Valve but they fucked it up by rushing L4D2 for a quick buck

2 was unpolished, had shitty map design, way too many bullshit design choices, a cartoonish atmosphere and less likeable characters compared to the first game

Are you fucking serious? You really think nobody cares about melee weapons? Fuck you and your shitty 2gritty4u game

Literally 1 console command, which you can set as a launch option, fixes that.

L4D2 because workshop

2 obviously, Sup Forums is a contrarian board so the opposite of what ever they say is the correct answer

l4d games are such a nostalgia trip to me because its literally the first AAA game i got when i was a babby child

for some reasons zombies and undead horror was the coolest thing to me and i just obsessed over l4d2 and dead space.
guess i was a really edgy middle schooler

>yfw those two abominations for hands belong to her

You're acting like melee weapons are a god send, or some feature that made the game not shit. The game was fucking fine before. Melee weapons offered more playstyles, but that doesn't automatically make 2 the better game dumb ass

Left 4 Dead 2 picks console commands up as cheats, last I checked.

2 was better and it also contains 1 within it.

1 allowed me to see gore and zombies on fire
2 legitimately sucked out all the atmos of 1

Though for some reason when I bought 2 on Steam, it gave me 1 with the enhancements of 2. I really liked that but it removed my gore and stuff which sucks....

Except that pistols are fucking worthless and that melee weapons are super satisfying

They need to make L4D3 happen, as good as the previous games are they lack the modern video game shenanigans like unlocks, leveling system and overall sense of progression.

explanation?

The idea that someone could be nostalgic for a game that came out last gen honestly makes me a bit queezy.

She's the hand model for both covers

Do you know what suck the heads means?

> Complain that l4d2 came out too soon
> Now l4d3 will take too long
Ty guys

>all these buzzwords
Pistols weren't useless. They were a fast alternative to reloading, a way to conserve ammo for your primaries, and had infinite ammo. They were the same as melee weapons except they actually have fucking range.

Either way 1's maps >>>>> 2's

I just want more campaigns and alot of diffrent weapons to give the player more playstyles, personally i don't think it needs unlocks or a leveling system to make it better.

Give it a enjoyable cast more zombies and some new/improved specials and i would consider buying another valve game.

But it will propably turn into this
>High focus on PvP and microtransactions
PvP is fine and dandy in L4D but sometimes i just want to play some co-op with friends

The community was shit in 1 too. People would switch teams in versus, type kill in console, and then switch back to the infected team just so you would lose. Not to mention all the super hardcore versus players that would sperg the fuck out if you made one minor mistake as a hunter or a boomer.

2's levels are fine, and 1 was probably more unpolished. Remember sitting in a coner and spamming the shove command, so you'd become a totem pole of death? Also even when L4D1 released it felt like a game that just lacked content. The handful of weapons made things get dull pretty quickly.

Either way, I just don't get why someone would love L4D1 and hate 2, granted the settings in 1 were cooler. Valve should have stuck with more night maps in 2. Still, the environmental stuff they added was neat, and the swamp settings were cool.

gaming is a bit of a fuckery to me. i played things like contra and the tmnt side scrollers in the 2000s because newer gens costed a fortune and it was easy to make knock offs for oldies where im from. so the ps2 era passed me by and i started getting more into non hand helds with l4d2

Explain.

It's the same game.

no he's right

in 2 it was easier to come back as survivor if you fucked up

in 1 if you fucked up, YOU DONE GOOFED and had a severe chance of being wiped. it had more tension in SURVIVING

2's logic being "oh there are more infected classes, so this shouldn't be a problem" but the spitter and jockey were very situational

modded servers in 2 fixed some of that by allowing you to choose which class to spawn as, but a good survivor team was always going to bootstomp a good infected team

>VALVe

what did they mean by this

>in 2 it was easier to come back as survivor if you fucked up
>in 1 if you fucked up, YOU DONE GOOFED and had a severe chance of being wiped. it had more tension in SURVIVING
Explain

Also dual pistols back in l4d1 weren't speed capped as hard. If you could effectively fire like a speed demon they were fucking amazing.

as fun as melee weapons were they felt like a gimmick

2 is better by far.

Anyone who picks one is a dumbass.

He pulled it from his arse.

damn, my man, you just captures all of my feelios into one post

1 had better atmosphere, better horror, better characters.
2 had better gameplay and better levels

I like 1 more

1 was inspired by zombie movies
2 was inspired by zombie games

Now guess which one was shit?

2 had more frequent checkpoints and the director was more lenient in most situations and instead only kicked it into second gear when one of the events was kicking off, to highlight 2's more varied and frequent mid-level objective rushes.

What?

Infected were way more efficient in 2 then 1. You could run survivors off the side of the building and insta-kill them.

2 is more fun wiht more weapons and maps and stuff, but 1 has much better atmosphere

But only if you happened to be blessed by RNGsus with the right infected for the job, and having more special infected types reduced the chances of that happening.

>playing split screen lfd1
>hiding in the closet
>taking too long around a witch and losing a guy
idk there were so many memories from lfd1 and when i got 2 it seemed like almost all the missions were daylight and i couldn't hide in the closets anymore. and it didn't seem as scary or hopeless

Absolute refined cancer

Sort of related,
I'm about to get Vermintide since it's on sale atm at humble store.

Should I?

if you lollygagged around in 1 eventually you would be overrun and ammo would be a problem

in 2, throwable objects were more plentiful and melees were borderline OP

combined with laser sights on the rifle, a GOTTA GO FAST team in 2 would have a very good chance of making it versus the same team in 1

most VS matches in 2 ended up with both teams doing well as survivor with the final score difference being who fucked up the last on the final big escape setpiece

VS matches in 1 didn't always see the end and team wipes were common

No

I heard mordheim is better, but they're apples and oranges. Vermintide is very left 4 dead esque but the servers are dead from what I hear.

Only if you have bros to play it with.

Two's a.i. was shit.

>if you lollygagged around in 1 eventually you would be overrun and ammo would be a problem

That's no different than 2.

> in 2, throwable objects were more plentiful and melees were borderline OP

Throwables were also OP in 1. It's the exact same shit in 1 and 2. And there may not be melee weapons in 1 but you can shove unlimited times with no limits. Therefore people were able to just huddle up in a corners and shove until everything is dead in L4D1. That's actually what everyone does on Expert in L4D1 for every hoard.

And the rest of your arguments is conjuncture bullshit. You won't always find laser sights and you won't always have good players. In fact people tend to ragequit all the time in 1 and 2 once their team starts losing a little.

Good Infected set up at specific points and adapt to the play style of the survivors. If they huddle then you can easily harass with Spitter and Charger. If they stray too far out of the group you pick them with Jockey and clean up as they make a mad dash to save them.

If you just zerg rush as soon as you spawn in like an autist ya you are gonna get rekt.

Coach, Bill, Louis, Ellis

>but the servers are dead from what I hear.

That's bullshit. I checked lobbies everyday and there's always people playing.

The problem with 2 is with all the improvements, they turned up the AI director and prioritized running fast between checkpoints. L4D1 had 2-3 minute moments of relative peace where people could check stuff and read all the clues left behind by survivors, L4D2 felt like a never-ending gauntlet if you lagged too much.

This isn't true at all. Getting a charger + spitter combo alone is better than l4d1 infected attacks. Clears are insanely fast with l4d1 shotgun, and no one will really get pounced if they're even remotely good at the game.

It's really neat and there is definitely a left 4 dead block in its build, but it suffers from an almost cookie cutter gameplay at the same time.

A better way to put it into words is that left 4 dead feels like a frantic fight for survival, and vermintide feels like a hero battle again't the forces of evil. Similar games, different effects/feelings to them.

>Portal

>made by "valve"
No more than putting a DREAM WORKS sign over the pixar studios makes it theirs.

wat

No he's wrong, The zombies in 2 are absolutely more lethal and borderline overpowered in many areas of the game.

All 1 had was smoker pull instant deaths/heavy damage and they were hard to pull off after everyone became aware of them.

The Spitter alone in two could put massive damage on the survivors with almost no effort required. A director horde + goo is strong by itself. Spitter goo also has a weird hit box and would hit people who are standing above it sometimes as well. The zombie alone prevents camping extremely well which was a massive problem in 1 by the end of the game's life.

Plus two also has Charger and Jockey, both capable of ledging/killing people pretty easily. Charger more so since it can affect the entire team.

Valve buys companies that make good games. Their last original IP was a failure and it was f2p (alien swarm)

>was supposed to be kept alive by user made content
>still no workshop

Narbacular Drop was made by college students, not a company, who were hired to help develop Portal alongside the devs who were already working for Valve.

Plus Narbacular Drop was just this short little 2 level thing. It was a proof of concept more than anything, and they were given the opportunity to make a full game out of it sent in a fictional universe long-established by Valve.

alien swarm hurt, it was such a cool game

but in 2 you could still recover from it

and while unlimited shove was a thing, eventually a tank would be assrape for a team in 1 that corner stacked.

in 2 MUH FIRE BULLETS made tanks nerfed even more

1 had top tier spots for hunter pounces for insane damage/almost incap leaps

as you said spitter goo did have a weird hitbox and would sometimes completely fall short of a target because part of it hit another object hitbox and then you were completely screwed because you had to rely on spit/charge combos

charger/jockey instant deaths were only good in the early release, once everybody figured out the spots they were very easy to avoid

2 never had a truly proper balance because two teams of equal skill, the survivors were never in any serious danger

Actually, Alien Swarm, just like Team Fortress, Day of Defeat, Counterstrike, and Dota, was originally a mod. Unreal Tournament, if you're curious.

Their last original IP was L4D. Or Portal. Whichever came first, I don't remember.

technically l4d was turtle rock studios, their CS 3rd party mod guys and as previously stated portal was proof of concept by the narbacular drop out of digipen