Post yfw Zelda becomes GOTY

Post yfw Zelda becomes GOTY

Other urls found in this thread:

eggplante.com/2016/06/14/full-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-map-revealed-roughly-360-square-kilometres/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>bigger map is better.

Not the case. I'm excitied for the game, but filling up a map can be easy, like the markers for TW3.

I really hate when people compare fictional game maps. There's hardly any transferable unit of measure.

Oh yay a whole big empty map that I will fast travel around to the few point of interest.

it's a zelda game, there'll be hidden secrets everywhere (they've already teased a few)

I'll be trully happy in fact
Like when trump won
And brexit became a thing
So far 2016-7 has been pretty good for me
So yeah, make nintendo great again

I'm calling BS on it, since the last game that actually had rewarding stuff to find in the open world were the 2D games. OOT, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword had HORRIBLE worlds to travel through, filled with nothing but garbage.

I will only accept this open world as good if every single square mile has things to do in it. Oh, and there can't be fast travel either. That's a lazy mechanic for games that have bad overworlds.

Those sheika dic- i mean towers will probably be fast travel points
And i guess there was about 6-9 of them for that giant map
Its fine with me

im thinking theyre more assassins creed synch points than fast travel

I already know it will be GOTY

map size doesn't mean shit

Maybe logical sheikah teleport insteat of fast travel?

You fags should pay more attention, it was confirmed in the threehouse that completed shrines act as fast travel points, Sheikah towers do act as synch points in AC and fills the map, also they make the shrines appear in the area.

Its not out shill. "its a zelduuuuh game" means nothing when none of them have had an open world like this yet.

hey, I truly do not want to get Sup Forums but I honestly want to know why? It's evidently clear that both trump and brexit are extremely detrimental to just about everything. Is it just a 'wanna watch the world burn' mentality?

Is this based on anything?
Add Xenoblade X for comparison

Well, considering you get crafting items in the wild as well as breakable wapons, I'd say exploring for items it's pretty important to advance in the game. Some Nintendo reps called it a survival game, we saw it already with the Talus thing, in the very first threeouse demo at E3, people had to look for a traveler sword before fighting that shit. Even then some failde to kill it since they used it for other enemmies and it broke before doing critical damage.

How could Wind Waker and OoT be the same size?

More like a "wanna watch the sjw imaginary friendship world burn"

>It's evidently clear that both trump and brexit are extremely detrimental to just about everything.
clean your glasses

i need proof for this image's claim

people are stupid

shitposting in a shitposting thread
this is a whole new level of derail

I don't like big maps unless it's an MMO or an open world racer. And even then, the map had better look nice while I run or fast travel past most of it.

Me too, user

The best fast travel sistem was TP's one where you only got it after exploring the whole map and advanced in the storyline

It's usually done with how long it takes you to traverse it by just holding down the movement key/stick/button. Not sure if OP's image does that though. Sometimes people do it by some known height, like the player character, and then use that to measure the map in some actual unit. Of course, that means absolutely nothing when it takes hours to cross a "smaller" map and only minutes for one that's "bigger".

How about the speed to go from one place to the other?

Not always dependable. GTA5's map was huge but doesn't take much longer to cover for its size compared to older GTA's where you didn't walk/run/drive as fast.
Probably still the best "metric" though yeah

>OoT and WW are the same size

>a shitpost blackhole

Epona moved much faster than the boat.

It would have to be playable area, there's no way the great sea was the same size as hyrule

I think the biggest problem of the open world in MGS5 was the lack of fucking things to do

Don't think they're counting the great sea, just land, and maybe dungeons.

If they aren't this map is retarded.

They're not, that comparison assumes that Ocarina's map fills out an entire square, when it's mostly a bunch of hallways and hyrule field

Source is probably this (I'm not OP):
eggplante.com/2016/06/14/full-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-map-revealed-roughly-360-square-kilometres/