Will this be any good? It's due out in 12 days

Will this be any good? It's due out in 12 days.

youtube.com/watch?v=y0f8RV4Q8t4

gematsu.com/2016/12/double-dragon-iv-announced-ps4-pc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3hSLyE1jktM
ign.com/articles/2012/04/05/wayforward-wants-battletoads-dlc-in-double-dragon-neon
youtu.be/4qQwDWerBlA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump i need fucking answers

I was born in 1998.

damn do you remember 9/11?

>Double Dragon IV
>Retro NES style
I'm not attacking the game because of that, but it's getting redundant. They're banking on nostalgia for this one instead of building up on the last three titles.

it'll probably be decent but ultimately forgettable since it isn't as absurd as Neon

All I can think when I see this, knowing they got all the original people they could to come back for it, what a waste they decided on the ugly 8bit style. 16bit is the era that actually aged well and they had tons of better looking retro DD games to look to for mimicking the original artstyle

Are they seriously just using assets from the NES games for this?

Is this made by the same turds that made this:

youtube.com/watch?v=3hSLyE1jktM

no they actually made an entire new game built to look and play like the old ones.

No, Some Korean studio made Wander of the Dragons, IV is being developed by Arc System Works

>all my good friends have moved on since 2012
>no one to play Double Dragon 4 with
>probably won't play it at all

At least I'll have good memories of DD Neon.

It's as many of the original devs as they could round up, releasing a modern 8bit sequel as if the last 20 years never happened basically

>Some Korean studio
thought korks were competent at beat m ups considering the amount of dungeon crawler beat m up mmos

>releasing a modern 8bit sequel as if the last 20 years never happened basically
So this never happened? It wasn't perfect, but it's something. This is again, a regression of what this and Double Dragon Advance presented as a possibility.

I would've preferred if it was done like the first two arcade games since those are genuinely underappreciated in this day and age (DD2AC was hardcore as hell, pic related), but I'm guessing they decided to based it on the second NES game, since that one has the most nostalgia around it for some reason.
>They're banking on nostalgia for this one instead of building up on the last three titles.
Well it's not like the last three games were consistent with each other, seeing how you had an okay iOS remake of the first game, Double Dragon Neon (which was more of a satire) and Wanders of the Dragon (a shitty 3D remake of the second game on Xbox 360).

In a different world, we could have gotten this:

ign.com/articles/2012/04/05/wayforward-wants-battletoads-dlc-in-double-dragon-neon

Return of Double Dragon wasn't canon to the original NES trilogy. It was supposed to be its own stand-alone thing. Not sure why it was counted as the fourth game, since Double Dragon V wasn't even canon to begin with (it was a tie-in to the cartoon show where they turned Bimmy and Jilly into ninjas).

Yeah, that's what I meant. The NES games were good and held up, but not everything needs to be a nostalgic 8-bit wankfest.

It still broke away from the NES titles and did something new, albeit in a questionable way, and I didn't mention that other title for a reason.

Battletoads and Double Dragon getting the Neon treatment would've been badass especially for the soundtrack. DD Neon was fucking great.

It barely resembled DD but I didn't care and I grew up on DD. When the last boss teleports off screen and charges u his kahmehameha against you out of nowhere I dropped the controller because I was laughing so hard at how outlandish that fight was.

fuck yeah. nes dd2 was the best version. beating the whole game only using the knee on 3 lives felt elite brah.

I got some leaked gameplay of it.

youtu.be/4qQwDWerBlA

Was made by Gravity, who created Ragnarok Online.

Why anybody thought they of all companies could make a Double Dragon game is unknown.

How old are you?

Really, the takeaway from Neon if nothing else is that no one really gives a shit about lore or canon in Double Dragon.

Not even the actual developers were consistent with their lore and canon, considering how much the console versions on the NES were different from the arcade originals. Neon was too ridiculous for me though.

I don't get it

Who else would love a gritty Double Dragon with high res graphics and a story as complex as Metal Gear Solid?

>Who else would love a gritty Double Dragon with high res graphics...
Sure. I'm surprised ASW hasn't already done something to that extent with the Technos IPs. It's all been NES/Famicom throwbacks thus far.
>...and a story as complex as Metal Gear Solid?
But why namedrop fucking MGS of all things? Do you want an overly-convoluted pseudo-political sci-fi thriller in which Billy and Jimmy turn out to be genetically enhanced clones?

I'm surprised there hasn't been any actual gameplay video since the teaser was released last month. The site hasn't even been updated either.

Wander of The Dragons sucked balls though

Only because it was made by a shitty developer. But really, ASW should just make a Guilty Gear-style Double Dragon like they did with Contra.

It shouldn't be surprising. The last 7 or so Kunio/River City games use NES sprites.

I wish they built upon the great iOS/Android and GBA Double Dragons. iOS one had some awesome women too

Hell even the PC-Engine would have been sweet.

ASW is fucking weird. They had the Blazblue team help with this game.

Billy, Jimmy, and Chin are all playable in it though

>Billy, Jimmy, and Chin are all playable in it though
Jackie Chan Chin from DD1 or Sammo Hung Chin from DD3?

That game is utter trash

But apparently it has the best Linda design.

Jackie Chan? He's got pink shaggy hair over his eyes.

Also the River City Ransom SP remake has a double Dragon fighting game in it

Lavis was also in that one Zeebo version made by the same team that did the Smarpthone versions. Was the Zeebo ever emulated?

>Was the Zeebo ever emulated?

Not that I know of. Brazilians have all the luck

>Also the River City Ransom SP remake has a double Dragon fighting game in it
Yeah, but I'm disappointed they just took Ryuichi and Ryuji and colored them like the Lee brothers instead of using the actual NES sprites from the first game.

Yeah ASW is kinda lazy.

They have have the same sprites in River City Melee just different colored gym outfits. Their rival team battle is against Ryuichi and Ryuji which I thought was pretty neat

Linda had a nice ass on the GB version's boxart.

I want to save Marian.