> Switch pre orders completely sold out nationwide

"I-it'll sell like s-shit!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MgKB7bWYMQw
vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the wii u sold out of preorders as well

What is artificial scarcity

I love Zelda! She's the cutest and the best! The best ever! A cute princess Zelda! Yes! She's very cute and very feminine! She sounds like a proper lady and a proper princess! Very cute! She even knows how to cry! Cries like a princess in english! Not a robot! Doesn't cry like a baby! Ladylike! Dresses like a princess! Very modest! Cute turtleneck! Cutie patootie! Cute hairclips! Knows how to accessorize! Fashionable! Fingerless gloves for warmth and dexterity! Plans ahead! Not short sighted! Holds the triforce of wisdom! Smartypants! Yes! Cute with brains! Brains behind her forehead! Cute forehead! Cute eyebrows! Pointy ears! Cute pointy ears! Cute golden hair! Cute hairstyle! She is very lovely! I love her!!!!!

The only reason anything made by Nintendo would be sold out is because they didn't make enough.

wii u sold out
vita sold out

I can't stop thinking new Zelda is literally Relena Peacecraft and this song sounds in my head!

send help!

youtube.com/watch?v=MgKB7bWYMQw

But is she cute?

nigga

You mean white haired bitch from game of thrones?

Love that song and love that anime

>pre orders
>sold out

>PRE-ORDERS FOR THE WIIU SOLD OUT NINTENDOMINATION!
>the WiiU crashes and burns
>PRE-ORDERS FOR THE SWITCH SOLD OUT NINTENDOMINATION FOR REAL THIS TIME!

Those who dont learn form history are bound to repeat it

>Store puts in an order for a certain number of units
>Store puts out preorders
>The number of preorders applied for is the same as the number of units the store ordered

What's not to understand?

>only send a region 5 consoles
>sell out instantly
>WE DID IT SWITCH IS A GREAT SUCCESS

Wii U also "sold out" preorders.

Sounds familiar.

>WiiU was outsold by PS Vita

Will we get to see Zelda farting in the game? If no, then I'm not buying.

What do you think the thick layer of green fog in all the screenshots is?

But they sold 2,000,000 units. not 5.
2,000,000 is a much bigger number than 5.

Artificial. Supply.

>initial shipment is only 2 million units worldwide

>wooow guys it's sold out everywhere xD

I bet it's quite pungent, indeed.

This. Did you all forget about the whole Amiibo bullshit (in the US at least)?

source

Relena was cute

Remember when scalpers bought truckfulls of WiiUs thinking it would be as big as the Wii?
Anything decently big from Nintendo gets bought out.

Threadly reminder that the $350 SKU was the one with sold out pre orders, not the $300 SKU. The supply for the 32 gigs Wii U was lower than the Switch's supply.

That's true for everything selling out you know.

Seek help.

I hope it does well, but it obviously sold out due to scalpers.

It isn't going to do amazing at launch. The only must have launch title is in the Wii U, and there is no casual bait strong enough to get normies interested.

I completely agree.

Wii u sold really well in the begining as well. Whats your point?

Dear Zelda: if this fish is a princess you can go away forever.

Actually, go away either way.

>Implying

You fucktards could at least bother to use your goddamn fucking brains for once to avoid embarrassment but no, you just have to spout nonsense as fucking always. It makes zero sense for any company to do "Artificial scarcity" with consoles; mainly because of the simple fact that a console in itself is useless.

Who the fuck do you think are going to buy the games? How the fuck do you think you'll get devs interested and want to make more games for your console? What consumers from turning to the competition instead? Not to mention it benefiting scalpers.

What's actually happens is projections and estimates on sales, because guess what? Making too much of something isn't something desirable; instead they make guesses as to how much they sell and will continuously supply carefully; said numbers are also partly based on past numbers with other consoles.

Furthermore, fucking Gamestop themselves personally came out and said that they got 500 000 units and Switch still managed to sold out. And that's just Gamestop, Walmart, Bestbuy and plenty of other shops, as well as shops in other countries, got Switch units as well.

You can keep trying to shitpost but anyone with a brain knows it's not artificial scarcity, you might as well say Sony and Microsoft did it as well, considering they pushed around the same with PS4 and Xbone.

But oh, what's fucking that? None of you faggots reacted or spouted your shitty tinfoilhat theory about artificial scarcity with Sony? What a fucking surprise. You fucking faggots.

I bet they had like 20 systems available world wide.

Nintendo always understocks shit so that scalpers can make bank off of their inability to fucking meet the demand for something they are selling.

Don't need to get your panties bunched. They've done it plenty before (NES Classic, Fire Emblem Awakening); we're allowed to be skeptical.

And again, you're fucking retarded if you actually believe that; there's no logic in it, there's very little reason for it and the cons outweigh the pros.

Take of the tinfoil hat and just realize that you don't understand shit about how business works.

They've done it plenty of times, everybody who gives a fuck knows this. How do you not?

They understock to build hype so they continue to sell quicker.

Every day until you stop making those threads

>Suppliers order a small amount of consoles because they don't think it'll sell all that well
>That small amount consoles they ordered sells out as preorders
BOY WE SURE GOT TOLD

Except that's not how shit works, nigger. As I pointed out in my first post, consoles are not a product you buy alone, you want games and shit with it; furthermore, no one gets fucking "Hyped" over shit selling out. And as I've also pointed out, they did in fact push out a lot of Switch units.

Understocking at best can cause consumers to lose interest and scalpers to rip some poor sods off. Again, businesses projects numbers and try and estimate because they generally do not want to overproduce. With NES classic, it was that they did not anticipate the popularity it had; they expected it to simply be something that mainly nostalgic people 30+ would buy. Fire Emblem beat the debut sales of its previous incarnations. Check total sales: vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem

Almost like they didn't fucking expect the sales or something, aint it? Fucking hell.

When are you people going to stop being this goddamn stupid? There's no "Understocking for hype", that's just a meme, a shitty attempt at shitposting by spreading misinformation and you keep falling for it.

Please have sex

>"I can't counter that argument."
>"Better call him a virgin!"

It's fine to admit you're retarded, user.

Lose weight

>release three of something
>they sell out
>parade around you sold three piles of shit to retards by saying you sold all your stock
Your portable Wii U isn't going to sell well in the long run. My condolences.

>When are you people going to stop being this goddamn stupid?
You're on the wrong board, user

Wonder how much money scalper mom ended up making

The more red Nintendo has in its logo the better Nintendo becomes.

What happens when there is nothing but red?

is this a jojo reference?

>ywn fuck thicc scapler mom in a living room full of boxed Wii U consoles.

Enough to recoup the gas money

White trash americans are going to save Nintendo.

They should put Jesus in Smash.

IDK about that, only people I see interested in the Switch are 24+ year old reddit neckbeards and nintoddler autismos, but I guess we will see.

I still don't get where this dumbass "artificial scarcity" meme for Nintendo came from, fuck's sake.

Because the only people you ever "see" are online kiddos.

They still didn't make enough fucking units

>Surprise Easter free DLC

not really

but that was the same as ps4 and xb1

Little known secret: Whenever it really feels like you have some brilliant insight about someone else's behavior, you're actually just substituting them for yourself.

In other words, the only people *you* ever see are online kiddos.

In other words, no u.

Everyone I know IRL plays on PC or PS4 and just isn't interested in the Switch

communist paradise.

>ad populum

I preordered one for the Wii U a few months ago before the switch was even announced.

Did GameStop bomboozled me or am I getting the game?

Not him but the fact remains that Nintendo has been consistently understocking their products. They're either doing it purposefully or being incompetent probably the latter. Both are bad.

The Wii U version wasn't canceled, you're still getting it

Except Microsoft and Sony has done the same.

As I've said before, you faggots have no idea how business works, you'd rather undershoot than overshoot and you base things on previous statistics and sales.

Which is, you know, why every Sony console has sold out on launch.

So either all companies are incompetent or you're just retarded.

OP here.

I like you.

You're a good person.

Tell these fucks to stop thinking Nintendo is under some magical illuminati that is out to get people.

But seriously, thank you.

Wii U sold out too and that flopped.

>Sony console has sold out on launch.

Stop making threads with purposefully argumentative OPs, faggot.

What did you expect, really?

WiiU was a massive fuckup because it didn't have a mainline zelda or mario title and the starfox game was an awful tech demo.

Now we're getting a mainline zelda game that isn't a peripheral gimmick techdemo since windwaker

And on top of that, what looks to be a mario 64 spiritual sucessor after 21 years.

All nintendo has to do is give people games that they want to play (mario, zelda, ect) and they'll buy any system they put it on.

Well, if that was a realistic situation where a company only sent a specific number of the product to whatever stores or regions, a number that minuscule, wouldn't that mean they met their target?

>nintendo literally said they're going to limit the stock prior to the event
>it sells out
>w-we did it bro's!

Pathetic, the amount is smaller than the wii u

Because nintendo ships games/accessories/amiiboos/consoles at low numbers?

They always undershoot, so either they got someone very fucking incompetent on logistics or they are deliberately shipping low numbers

>As I've said before, you faggots have no idea how business works, you'd rather undershoot than overshoot and you base things on previous statistics and sales.
I don't have to know anything about business, I'm a consumer. I'd rather be able to buy something when I want it rather than deal with this out of stock in less than 20 minutes bullshit. I don't care what loops Nintendo has to go through, they are not satisfying their consumers and I will criticize them as much as I want. Ss you said earlier, it's not beneficial to not sell your own fucking products so I guess Nintendo is being incompetent. I wouldn't dare compare the PS3 being sold out to the NES Classic being sold out. It's a fucking plug and play system with games already on it.

>bragging about pre-orders

Hey, I've got this new game console coming out. It's called the Bintendo Bitch. You've never played it before but I just know you're going to love it. Gimme $299 and I'll give you one when it's ready.

I never said you can't be angry nor criticize them but the whole "ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY" shit is retarded and I will call you retarded if you seriously think it's "Artificial scarcity".

Also, you seem to be missing the point about not overshooting; Switch is pushing around the same number of units as PS4 and Xbone did as well.

Not really a big deal, Nintendo always sells their consoles with a limited inventory because they don't want to be buttfucked if it turns out to be not as popular as they hope it will be.

Always do opposite of what Sup Forums says and buy Nintendo Switch & support innovative company, unlike Sony garbage

Just like the wii U right?

Oh, oh wait

>Wii u price rising instead of falling right now

This better stop. Fuck this garbage. Maybe I'll start a deal. Any five anons want to put in fifty dollars each to get a Wii u, pass it around to play Zelda and then sell it again or something?

Just pay up $300 and buy the Switch with superior Zelda release, you'll support innovation and not garbage like Sony

Undershooting also means lost sales

Which is still better than overshooting and losing more money, dumbo. Companies do this shit for a reason.

>I never said you can't be angry nor criticize them but the whole "ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY" shit is retarded and I will call you retarded if you seriously think it's "Artificial scarcity".
I said Nintendo's understocking was probably due to incompetency. I couldn't blame people for believing in the artificial scarcity meme anyways, we're talking about the same company that marketed the Wii U so poorly most people thought it was a Wii add-on and not a new console, for all I know Nintendo could honestly believe that underselling your products builds hype.

>Also, you seem to be missing the point about not overshooting;
No, it's just not my problem.

Posting some screenshots

No, companies try to find a middle ground
What nintendo does is vastly undershoot

No, I don't think so. None of the other titles interest me, they are mostly kids games like Mario or splatoon. Wii U at least has a coupla decent titles plus Zelda.

I'll find a way to get it cheap, prolly just by selling to soon after or something. I had a friend who mighta split it with me but I think he's homeless or in jail or something.

But they don't, unless 2 million units just like PS4 and Xbone is "Undershooting"

Gamestop alone got 500 000 units which has now been sold out.