Zelda on the DS

Where these genuinely good games or just memes?

I could never get past the stylus controls, they made the games not feel like proper Zeldas for me, even if Spirit Tracks was somewhat fun.

By far my least favorite entries. ST has to be one of the most tedious bland games I've played to the end. I'd rather replay SS 10 times over than touch the DS ones again.

Phantom of the hour glass was awesome. Spirit tracks was lame as fuck.

I didn't like them.

Better than TP and SS that's for certain

both pretty mediocre desu
Phantom is better than spirit. But that's not saying much. I'm not even sure if they would've been better without touch controls. Hard to say.

>final boss in PH where you have to draw an hourglass to stop time and attack it
>spent literally 7 hours trying to stop time once, using guides to draw the hourglass, everything fucking possible and couldn't stop it once

Of all the games in the series, they're the two I will never play again. Frankly I regret going through them the first time.

I enjoyed them. They were probably the among worst Zelda games but they're still enjoyable and worth playing. The stylus controls weren't that bad, although the excessive use of the microphone got annoying at times. Also both of the overworlds were pretty poor. I didn't really like Wind Waker's ocean, so naturally I wasn't too keen on PH's ocean, and navigating ST's overworld with the train was even worse. The games were also very easy, although Zelda hasn't been hard since Zelda II so that's a criticism that most games in the series share.

I thought ST was a lot better than PH, it had better dungeons, better items and better locations. But I would say that I'm glad ALBW went back to the more traditional style of 2D Zelda.

get gud

I haven't played a large amount of zelda games, and I did play them when I was a bit younger, but I liked them a good amount
I used to like ST more the PH, but when I replayed them I found myself enjoying PH a lot more and I ended up dropping ST near the end
The stylus controls didn't bother me after I played for a bit, but if you can't get used to them you probably won't enjoy the games

I kinda liked Phantom hourglass, the stylus only vontrols and the tower with the timer were the worst aspects of that
Spirit Tracks was just a fucking mess, same awful controls, the mic gimmick was horrendous as the fucking thing would just act up and do as it pleased, also the train tracks are the absolute worst overworld of any zelda game ever, having virtually no way to warp to different places of the world was annoying, and having to deal with those instant game over trains on the overworld as well gave me an aneurysm too many times, minigames were pretty fucking cool though
Overall, I'd say definitely play PH but stay away from ST, or just avoid them both, they're not worth the time I spent on them

>Phantom of the hour glass

>Phantom of the hour glass
Is that like the unreleased sequel to Phantom of the Opera?

I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass well enough. It's just okay all around, though I think starting with the third sea chart it kinda loses the steam it has. The game's also pretty ugly to the point it actually takes away from the experience.

Spirit Tracks is more hit-or-miss. It's got some real good highs but also some absolutely dreadful lows and sadly the lows are more prominent.

Also when I replayed Phantom Hourglass and Kirby Planet Robobot recently on and off with each other I kept hearing the Haltmann theme from Kirby whenever Linebeck's theme played in Zelda and vice versa.

phantom hour glass' gimmick killed the game's sense of peril, it just made it an endurance test as "oh great just get me the next fucking upgrade so the fucking timer lasts longer"

sorry I thought the concept was trash and unfun to play against

Spirit Tracks was very comfy but quite mediocre so it went kinda under radar

I liked the Temple of the Ocean King a lot, especially the whole "use the new tools you got since the last visit to get through the old areas faster" aspect. The absolute best is the final trek letting you just basically storm through the whole thing.

I usually had plenty of time to spare by the end of each trip, though.

PH was good, fuck all the 'OMG REPEATED DUNGEON' memers, I actually enjoyed improving my time in it.
Spirit Tracks was 10/10 trash. Zelda died and then I went headfirst into some ghost train or some shit, I'd never dropped a game so fast in my life. It also somehow had WORSE graphics than PH

ST has good dungeons and music and overall travelling with the train is comfy af, but it also has those stupid flute minigames and that tedious tower that made the game insufferable ay certain points.

PH is a lot friendlier thanks to the boat being more interactive than the train and the stealth dungeon is easier to complete, but overall is a pretty forgeteable game.

I've always found touch controls really good in both games, btw

I actually liked ST. PH put me to sleep and I never finished it.

PH had pretty awesome online multiplayer. It's a shame that ST removed it entirely. Doesn't matter anymore with DS online being dead now, but still.