Picked this up tonight to see what it's all about. To be honest, I think it's really fun so far...

Picked this up tonight to see what it's all about. To be honest, I think it's really fun so far. Does Sup Forums love it or hate it? Anyone getting the sequel in a few days?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MkpMoraqmqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's ok
Notice when you play that the combat is gravity kick, repeat
Also simple fly mechanics

Yeah im enjoying it, combat is a little basic though. Fly kick, fly kick, fly kick.

I played the first one and got pretty far into it, dropped it though. I have no idea why they decided to focus on combat so much when it's SO BAD and just using Kat's gravity powers would be a fun enough game, there's no need for it. The music, world, characters and plot are awesome, but the combat man, it sucks and there is way too much of it. Worth playing though.

I also just started playing this, I think it's pretty fucking charming.

Also the mechanics are pretty neat so far. I also like how some of the cutscenes are like a comic book but not just a drawing, like an actual comic book.

>he isn't already playing GR2

it's not out in first world countries.

This series is directed by the guy who made Silent Hill and Forbidden Siren, I thought that was kinda interesting. Bit of a tonal shift.

The combat is the worst part about it and I wish it was a bit bigger. The parts of the game where you save parts of the town are really great once you get your fucking powers back. Story seemed interesting enough but it was too fucking short. EU gets the sequel today so I hope it arrives in the mail..

That explains why I like it then. I thought his name sounded familiar.

Thinking about trying it also

Kat is a really fun protagonist

Post more Raven

but I am

Downloaded GR2 from the hk store and has surpassed expectation so far. Improved stasis alone has made combat so much its incredible.

Treasure hunts are stupid fun too.

The way she acts as if she doesn't even realize that she has god-like power. She's still air-headed, down to earth etc. She's very charming.

Having a blast, loving that there's a lot of side missions to do plus taking selfies is great as well.

Stuck on a time trial mission where I have to pickup and throw cargo. I'm a autist who only does the story mission once the trials and side stuff are clear

Picked up GR1 recently myself, and the game is great if only for the gravity mechanics- I never knew I could have so much fun falling all over the place. Combat is a bit underwhelming, but a game where the most effective application of combat is RIDER KIIIICKing everything to death is a game that I won't complain too much about.

This appeals to my inner yurifag.

Oh man, I was hoping GR2 would have implied magical girl yuri

Lisa is beautiful! BEAUTIFUL!

She's cool, but she is too much of a bully to Cecie

I'm debating on buying it this Friday. I loved the first game but I don't think the game justifies $60 price tag. Few questions for owners. Does it have a lot of content? Are the side missions boring? And what about the styles, how big a part do add to gameplay and overall exploration?

But I already am!

Nice to see you're already getting into the swing of things with that pic, user

I'm waiting to find out whether GR2 has tons of that shitty combat.

This guy here summed it up well. Fly kick, fly kick, fly kick, fly kick blah. If the dev team fixes this problem Gravity Rush could be a fucking masterpiece because every other element of the series is awesome.

Lots of content. Many side quests that tie into characters and story. Challenges again.

But there's a shit ton exploration content, far more than the first game which only had gems. The camera comes very much into play and is far more than fluff just tacked on.

If you're concerned about the price tag, content is not where the game is lacking. The lacking parts are the camera in combat and, still, pretty repetitive combat.

She's just very afraid of losing another child.

They'll probably work out the kinks in their relationship by the end of the game.

haven't played it but all the reviews mentioned an assload of content, remember the first was just a vita game while 2 is a ps4 game

I played Gravity Rush remastered today and got up to episode 12 which I was failing at over and over again and exited without saving since episode 9. What a fuck up by me, i'll probably just stop playing now

youtube.com/watch?v=MkpMoraqmqU

>do that side mission about the pictures of women for that old guy
>he looks at the picture of Kat
>“oh I'm sure someone out there thinks she's beautiful”

Kat confirmed

UGLY
G
L
Y

>tfw game is so new you can make it into the top 10 rankings for challeneges

It's okay. The best way to describe it is that the series has a lot of potential and is pretty unique.

Unfortunately, the combat in the first game is REALLY bad and boring.

Do I need to have a GRR save to get the GR DLC costumes (maid, soldier, cat) in GR2?

>Game is so new that you have no idea if these choices even affect anything
If anyone's done this part yet, what choice did you make and what'd you get? I'll do the opposite to see if it's different.

Yeah, though it could potentially check for the DLC for the Vita version, too. It was kinda silly of them to not mention this stuff pre-release.

It's incredibly fun, only real downsides is the combat sections being somewhat bland at times, and the game ending rather abruptly. Going to be playing GR2 later today.

>wanna buy Gravity Rush 2
>tfw kat is used goods now
>pre order cancelled

Damn dodged a bullet.

I took it to the woman.
the ggarrisson thanks her for the fuel because they're going to level part of the slums for a amusement lark for the rich

Just so you know, dodge kick has higher reach than regular kick.

it's one of those games that only comes up when people talk about sony exclusives

Coincidentally, he's probably Australian.

Old men confirmed

SHIT TASTE
H
I
T

T
A
S
T
E

Norwegian here.

Got my copy yesterday.

That was the joke, yes

On the other side you go down to the slums, get some more "everyone here is starving and dying and poor," teleport back to the woman and eavesdrop on her conversation with soldiers where you find out their plan, then beat up like 500 troops.

So more or less the same thing, just slightly different lines of dialogue.

What do Dusty tokens do?

Turns out that gravity rush 2 will seal the story completely and it's highly unlikely we'll see Kat, or gravity rush in general again. Not in a bad ending way, but in a definitive way.

Kinda feels bad, man.

same
i was devastated after seeing the leaked ending pic

To be honest it was the best game I played in 2016
Granted I didn't play many games that year but still

A very nice looking game. But what little gameplay there is I find to be very basic. In a word; boring.

Laaaame
Photo stuff and the worker outfit kat had at start

Hasn't come out in America yet. Even if it had, my PS4 still hasn't shipped for whatever reason.

Loved it. Gave me Ghibli vibes, a really cute game with some great fantasy elements. I really want the second one but had to pawn off a majority of my stuff due to unexpected expenses, which included my PS4 and some. Damn shame.

It's a very charming game, but it combat was always a weakpoint and from what I've heard it was only improved marginally.

Is it hard to get tokens?
And how exactly do i get them?

When just moving around is this much fun I'd say its a success.

But it's not so simple that the combat is "dull", it actually fizzles out completely after a few hours. The first boss is still the last enemy that can even be hit by ground attacks. Its the most negligent design I've seen in a while.

I wish they had more bosses like the 3rd Green Nevi. It was actually pretty challenging to fight, would've preferred that over some of the mindless story mode bosses.

Man i wish they collab'd with sucker punch on the sequel because boy they would abuse the gravity ability and make thr combat actually GOAT

I should feel broken as hell being able to manipulate gravity

You get them from basically any and every online activity.

For example, I got 3 tokens for doing this very exciting and rigorous treasure "hunt," and I'll get more if someone discovers the treasure from my photo.

It's interesting to note that Toyama outright said with GR he wanted to make a Japanese equivalent to inFamous or Crackdown.

So do you need a GR1 savefile? I don't have the game anymore because I sold my copy after getting a plat and I can't download the fucking savefile from PSN because I need the game installed for it.

You only need a GR1 savefile for the DLC costumes from the previous game.

Fuck me. I guess they don't count when they're in the online storage.

Can someone do mosaic censorship on the webm where she is being approached by this skewer?

Just started playing GR1 in anticipation for 2 lately. Kat's portrait is cute as fuck. Kat is cute as fuck.

>her character model actually has thigh indentations at the parts with the gold loopy thing

Muh dick

I feel like a cuck if I buy it now.

would it be different for you if it had a /u/ end?

I just realized how retardedly easy the stealth missions are when your in first person view mode, I don't understand why reviewers are complaining about those sections of game.

Ending shit fanpai

No preg Kat. Syd goes missing, fucking Alias is back. game ends on another fucking cliffhanger

>Anyone getting the sequel in a few days?
Already got it yesterday.

Btw use your gravity slide for ground targets (hold L2+R2) I find it that many people never use it and then complain that the first game onle ever had gravity kick.

I used it a lot in the first one but fuck, I'm being thrown all over the place with g slide in 2, makes it annoying to get a decent challenege score

Really? What's the big difference? I haven't had time to play much

Im sliding along the ground and if I hit a little bump I go flying way away or bump a wall and Im suddenly on the fucking wall

>fly kick, fly kick, fly kick
dropped, thank you for the warning

depends on what gravity mode you are in