Lordy

Lordy.

Other urls found in this thread:

jcw87.github.io/c2-sans-fight/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I share Sup Forums with people who are this bad at video games
End me now.

Is Undertale the Dark Souls of JRPGs?

you think that's bad? i share Sup Forums with manchildren who think undertale is a good game.

OP you gotta dodge the bullets

>JRPG
This was made in Japan?

>jrpg
pls kys

JRPG is a genre dumbass
Witcher was made in Poland so it's PRPG now?

Yes.

JRPG is a style of RPG, it doesn't need to be made in Japan to be a JRPG, just like a WRPG like Dark souls can be made in Japan

>tfw I haven't played the game and managed to beat this
jcw87.github.io/c2-sans-fight/

Most would consider Poland part of the "west" and thus it falls under the popular category of WRPG. JRPG means it's from Japan. Just because a game has similar features as games in one of those categories doesn't mean it belongs in that category. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it could very well still be a swan that hasn't matured.

>he doesn't know
Also, I suppose I'll have to update this image then, if PRPGs are a thing.

Demon's Souls was closer to Zelda than any western made RPG before it so no, I wouldn't say it's a WRPG like some dumb-dumbs do.

DeS is an ARPG,no?

>no hookshot
>no heart-based life system
>can't even do the flick spins
You're a riot, nigga.

Undertale is a good game though.

>JRPG
>Japan-inspired Role Playing Game
Same with WRPG. Any RPG made anywhere can be a Japan-inspired RPG or a West-inspired RPG.

But what if a game was made in RPG maker by someone who isn't japanese?A game like one of those basic copypasted JRPGs.Would it still be called a JRPG then?

Back in the day I saw people throw around WRPG, but I don't see how - I was guessing that's what that guy was implying.

As for you, that's a very shallow way to see things. Oblivion has spin attacks, does that make it closer to Zelda than Dark Souls by your standards?

Zelda and Demon's shared a similar lock-on system, were both 3rd person action games (though DeS had RPG mechanics) and had timing based combat systems in which the higher-tier enemies guarded and dodged in similar ways. I know there's that one really old WRPG that was closer to the first Souls game than Zelda, but I don't think it was an inspiration as I think it was pretty obscure.

So is Jade empire a crpg?

Too bad they're not called WIRPGs or JIRPGs.

If it's made in RPG maker then at its core it's still code from Japan, so it's still got that JRPG heritage and is genetically still a JRPG.

Because the genre is called RPG and not IRPG.

That's so fucking stupid. The JRPG archetype we are familiar with today was started by Dragon Quest, which was inspired by Ultima. Does that make every JRPG that stems back to Dragon Quest for influence also a WRPG?

Just like Minecraft.

Theseus ship.

>Undertale at 144fps

>JRPG is a genre
Of course not you fucking retard

Sub-genre then

Why isn't my inventory full of cinnamon buns

dont believe anyone who said they killed sans on their first genocide run in less then 10 tries, its highly unlikely even for experienced shmup players

Dog salads*
fixed it for ya

damn he did a lot since last time

Doesn't sound like any of the games are very "inspired" then.

Best theme

WRPG's are certainly uninspired these days.

I beat him on my ninth try, no bullshit.
Granted, I cheesed him with dog residue.

If anything it'd be platforming players that would have an advantage

the free moving parts are harder than the platforming parts though

Shmups and precision platformers are pretty much the same

Soulsborne is closer to an action dungeon crawler than any RPG subgenre.
>Map is a single giant dungeon
>Little to no story
>You create and customize your character as you like
>No towns, just some stores out there
>No quests, just one general objective

Levels and stats don't automatically mean RPG.

Sorry, meant bullet hell type of shmups in specific

>B-BUT LE BEAT IN FIRST TRY
Sans is literally one of the hardest bosses in all of gaming

if WRPG and JRPG only referred to where they were made, then they would be completely worthless as genres

lets play spot the redditor

Took me like 37 tries
>Sans is literally one of the hardest bosses in all of gaming
Kill yourself

ITT:
>if you make a burger in japan, it's japanese cuisine

To be fair, it's true. There are a lot of bosses harder, but several magnitudes more bosses easier.

sometime i geniunely fear people here believe that.

where are all the people that used to 100% super meat boy ? the crazy motherfuckers that ranked SS on any maps in osu ?

found one

Good shit

Your retarded
>if I make a rice dish, that must mean it's from Japan!
That's how retarded you sound

got one

>Your retarded
haha oh wow

If the fight got one thing right, it'd have to be how it presented its message.

you literally just rephrased what i said

>jcw87.github.io/c2-sans-fight/
Is this the same as the game? Because this is pretty insane.

None of those are bosses. I can definiteky think if harder levels or trials than Sans, but I'm honestly drawing a blank on bosses. Nearly every boss I can think of is either really easy to cheese or has far simpler pattern.

No, he said something different that highlight how fucking stupid your food analogy was.

Think of touhou.
Think of IWBTG fangames.

haven't played the game since it came out, got all the way to the last laser attack

Which was?
>fuck my brother, I just wanted to be the final boss

With Sans the main thing is just memorizing all of his attacks. You never really get "played" by the AI. While it is pretty hard, I would consider it artificial difficulty. After a while you just know exactly how to beat it.

>JRPG

Yes

You autistic fucks get so easily baited.

It is absolutely artificial difficulty. It's essentially IWTBTG tier.

Undertale literally labels itself as a JRPG on the official website.

Case closed

Yeah.

All memes aside, it's a pretty tough fight.

So this is the gameplay people on Sup Forums called the best game of all time for years? Just move a heart around a box?

ironically, the gameplay itself is on par with the art.
if you don't like the characters, you won't like the game.

Dumb frogposter. You're worse than Undershitters.

>cRPG
>Picture of nes game

lmao

Frustratingly hard. Weird getting used to using "up" to jump

>people have trouble with sans in 2017
Sup Forums
I HAVE FUCKING HAD IT WITH YOUR SHIT
you little fuckers are going to have your bodies ripped in half.
i'll shove your asses so far down your throats that when you crap you'll sing fucking beethoven
tl;dr: eat shit, faggots

Dark souls of...

Kill yourself.

>Fight drags on longer than most SHMUP bosses
>Don't know the pattern

no shit they wouldn't beat it their first try when the meta menu bullshit gets involved.

Also lacks, for example ArcaniA. The GRPG

>no PK Rocking
fake

Furi is better that undertale in any way possible.
>soundtrack
>plot
>bossfights
>setting

Pleasantly happy to get to the final attack in one go considering I haven't seen hide nor hair of the game since I beat Genocide months back.

just like 'em touhou games, though instead of a heart like undertale, you control a loli

>for years

>2015 was 2 years ago

Surely you're baiting. You do know that JRPG stands for JAPANESE role playing game, right?

Sweet baby jesus how do you manage to walk around all day with all that retardation going on in your head?

I'm really sick of this "there are games actually more difficult than dark fucking souls" meme.

that final laser attack is bullshit

dude just circle it bro

>Memorize patter
>GOTY
I never understood this

I can't with these fucking arrow keys
It's like painting a circle with one of these

Why did you quote the link? There is no purpose

No, it would just be a(n) [insert country here] RPG. If a Jap made an RPG in Gamemaker, it would be JRPG still. GM and RPG Maker are just engines.

We need better names for subgenres of RPGs
I mean really the name has kinda lost all meaning, we should just call them
>RPGs
any game that revolves around classic tabletop game mechanics
>Turn RPGs [TRPG]
Classic Final Fantasy, SMT, Mother
>Action RPGs [ARPG]
Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Souls
>Strategy RPGs [SRPG]
Fire Emblem, Shining Force, FFTactics

I mean really would it be so hard to spread these terms? It'd make shit so much easier

That guy put a lot of effort for nothing since almost none of that shit ever happened.
At least he or you tried.

>JRPG is a genre dumbass

Wot. Don't just throw dumbass on the end of your false statement to make it sound conclusive. It is not a fucking genre.

Undertale is not a JRPG
Souls games are not WRPG

They are both RPG's sure but don't talk out your ass.

You're a fucktard. Just because you want a fame with swords and shields and gauntlets and don't want to be called weeb while playing a game that is NOT EVEN WESTERN does not mean you get to call it a WRPG.

Zelda games are set in a kind of fantasy medieval europe.
Resident Evil and Silent Hill are purposefully made to seem like western horror films, even down to having no Jap dub.
MGS is an anime about western military tactics and espionage.

You don't get to just pick and choose stuff because you don't want to be called weeb or some shit.

Is this why fags here like Souls games at all so much?? Because they are finally getting thst Jap game design but don't feel guilty about liking it because muh high fantasy?