Why are PC gamers so easily impressed?

Why are PC gamers so easily impressed?

And what do you think is the impact of this in the industry as a whole?

The "PC MASTER RACE HASHTAG GABE N" people are the new casuals
It's casuals again

>undertale
Probably just better story mechanics

>Stardew Valley
More Harvest Moon ripoffs

It's partially that most people don't have much knowledge or experience with games, and don't realize that games like Stardew Valley have been done better many years earlier.

Stardew valley ain't bad though.
It was one mans project to make a Harvest Moon that didn't suck like the current ones.
He succeeded.

can your console do THIS!?

Because they are fed up with most AAA games being total shit.

>Probably just better story mechanics
More like cram in 4th wall breaks and taking a shit on standard video game conventions, if anything.

Stardew Valley is impressive in the sense that one guy did it. It also fills the void a bit considering modern HM is trash.

Still couldn't get into it though and the romance options are all shit

PC is starved for games that aren't ports, so when something 'new' comes out they praise it.

The only thing that really did 4th wall braking was Sans and Flowey but it made sense in the context.

And breaking the usual video game conventions is needed at times and can be really good when done well.

They're still objectively leagues beyond anything an indie title is capable of.

Name 1 AAA game that is better than an indie game.

CoD

>skyrim is leagues ahead of any indie game
>telltale games are leagues ahead of any indie game

Are you seriously asking that?

See, this proves my point. You can't even think of anything so you give us joke posts to derail the conversation.

Yes, also Telltale aren't AAA

Please tell me how skyrim is league ahead.

CoD is honestly better than any pretentious indie SNES ripoff you can name

Large open world with good graphics with living breathing characters

Which is has one of those things and nothing in it.

>fight guy
>I yield!
>10 seconds later he turns and attacks me again
LIVING
BREATHING
CHARACTERS

>good graphics
>living breathing characters
>skyrim

Oh, it's one of those weird contrarians that actually likes CoD. Carry on I suppose.

Yes now tell me about your favorite indie game on how the put a twist off a SNES game

>living breathing characters

It's only slightly better than Oblivion's embarrassing AI.

>on how the put a twist
BUILD WALL

>Contrarian to like CoD

?????

The funny thing is even though you're trying to Strawman any variant of a well known SNES game would still be a better game than Skyrim.

Dude, it's cool. Let you be you. Don't question it.

Yeah, CoD is awesome dude. It's just awesome.

>you can either be a triple A game or a SNES game those are the only 2 kinds of games
nigger what

these are not games these are selfjerking experiences

>woohoo i made friends with a skeleton!!!
>woohoo i raised a pig and wooed a girl!!!

Yes i know you hipster tard, now go try on your new fedora

No, no dude. I think you're awesome, don't let anyone say otherwise.
The way you are, nobody is like that. It's unique, it's stylish.

No, it's that your measures for defining the quality of a game have become warped. Imagine a typical indie game being released under the guise of a AAA title. You think that's going to go over well with anyone? Now imagine the opposite.
It's not about the price, budget, marketing, or how many developers made a game. All of those are irrelevant. In the end, what matters is solely the game itself. AAA also does not automatically mean annual rehash, though that's also largely irrelevant when basing these games off their individual merits.
But because people do factor in games based off their price, budgets, and the size of the dev team, their expectations rise or shrink accordingly. People hold AAA games to much, much higher standards, while expecting far less from an indie title. When an indie title pleasantly surprises someone, it's far easier to leave a lasting, positive impression. But because AAA titles are already expected to be impressive, it's much more difficult to pull off, and far easier to disappoint.

Yes i know you hipster tard, now go try on your new fedora

Abzu is pretty gud in the living breathing character department and also the graphics department. Journey as well.

Also Firewatch, Transistor, and also Soma.

>unhealthy obsession with fedoras
>is a huge faggot
>is unique and stylish

kys

>kys

Off to reddit with you

Hey fag. kys.

@364481964
No (You) for redditors

Undertale too simple art, bullet hell mechanics, and a brilliant soundtrack and turned it into a classic exclusive.

Stardew Valley was one autist's violent love letter to Harvest Moon.

>he thinks he as to get in the last word when it reality it would be so much easier to commit suicide

Gosh, I really feel sorry for you dude. Instead of arguing here with me you could be dangling from a rope in utter bliss.

Because they are good games

>what do you think is the impact of this in the industry as a whole?
Nothing.

Rainbow Six Siege

@364482254
You seem mad redditor, upset no one likes memetale except hipster liberals? Mad bernie lost?

Dark Souls

All of them

yeah, like 17 years ago. stardew was decent because the last 15 years worth of harvest moons have been utter shit.

Stardew valley is on PC, PS4, XBONE and eventually Switch.

and there have been bad harvest moon clones on consoles before, SW ain't one of them.

Undertale is just a fun game, LISA is an edgy meme game that videgamedunkey fans clamour towards, made by a literally insane person